PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Current Top Duo?

JordansBulls
06-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Rank the duos if completely healthy?

Kobe/Gasol Vs LeBron/Shaq Vs Dwight/Vince Vs KG/Pierce vs Yao/Tmac vs Duncan/Tony

Nets fan 93
06-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Kobe/Gasol

J4KOP99
06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
I honestly don't think Yao and T-Mac should be in this discussion. They have not done nearly as much as the other guys(except Vince) have done.

Duncan-4 titles, MVP, NBA Finals MVP
Shaq-4 Titles, MVP, NBA Finals MVP
Kobe- 4 Titles, MVP, NBA Finals MVP
T Parker- 3 Titles, NBA Finals MVP
Gasol- 1 Title
Garnett-1 Title
Pierce- 1 Title, NBA Finals MVP
Dwight- NBA Finals
LeBron- NBA Finals, MVP Award
Vince Carter-
Yao-
T-Mac-

LAKERS 24/7
06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Only duos that have won a championship:

Kobe/Gasol
Pierce/KG
Tony/Duncan

Obviously I'm biased, but I choose Kobe/Gasol for the fact that Kobe> Pierce or Tony, and Gasol actually plays KG well defensively. Tony/Duncan is a close second though imo, speaking strictly of duos of course. If we're taking team defenses and other factors into consideration, it might be a different story.

EastCoastBaller
06-26-2009, 01:23 PM
LeBron/Shaq

G-Funk
06-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Kobe, he's the best and has a talented PF who gives Duncan and KG problems.

magichatnumber9
06-26-2009, 01:26 PM
This thread would be better if they were playing two on two and lets face it i would pay to see these match ups.

Brooke
06-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Kobe/Gasol

kntresistheheat
06-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Kobe, he's the best and has a talented PF who gives Duncan and KG problems.

Nice pic...The best pic ever my favorite 3 players!

Chronz
06-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Wheres Wade and Jermaine

Hellcrooner
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
wheres scalabrine/big baby?

still1ballin
06-26-2009, 01:49 PM
kobe / gasol

lakersrock
06-26-2009, 01:56 PM
I know I'll be called a homer, but Kobe is the best player out of the group and Gasol is the best in the post on offense. That said, both can lock down on D when they need to. Gasol freaking shut down Howard and his length bugs Timmy and KG's jumpers. I'd honestly take LeBron and Shaq last due to them not being able to hit outside of four feet.

J-Relo
06-26-2009, 02:02 PM
healthy?

1. LeBron/Shaq - Lebron is Lebron... and Shaq was and would be the most dominant Center in the league if healthy...

why not others?>

Kobe/Gasol - after getting his 4th ring he is considered to be the best player, however Gasol, dispite his set of skills (he is really skilled), isn't near Shaq.

Yao/Tmac - they just did nothing together, not worth consideration... but if they both healthy they are ver, very strong duo...

KG/Pierce - somehow i don't care about them, simply cause their characters (you know -> two best players in the world)

Duncan/Tony - Spurs are known as a team not a team of two players, so maybe because of that it's hard to decide, but as those guys were kinda healthy we can easily judge them, they are great, but not the best (Duncan is the best PF).

Dwight/Vince - well before the trade Vince was considered as a player that is on decline, old, bad attitude, etc... suddenly he comes back to be considered as a great player? Dwight is a beast (but has flaws), if Carter proves his insanity, this duo really can be considered being the best.

mitch91
06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
i dnt like kobe but if i had to choose it would be kobe and pau

theuuord
06-26-2009, 02:05 PM
it's either Kobe/Pau or LeBron/Shaq. But the Magic and Spurs have deeper starting 5's.

mikantsass
06-26-2009, 02:13 PM
1. Duncan/Parker
2. Tie between Kobe/Gasol and Pierce/Garnett
Its a tie because Kobe is the best player on the planet. It has NOTHING to do with Gasol.
3. LeBron/Shaq
4. Dwight/Vince

TMAC AND YAO dont belong in this company. Dwight and Vince don't really either, but at least Dwight has a finals appearance.

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Rank the duos if completely healthy?

Kobe/Gasol Vs LeBron/Shaq Vs Dwight/Vince Vs KG/Pierce vs Yao/Tmac vs Duncan/Tony

1. Kobe/Gasol
2. KG/Pierce
3. Duncan/Parker
4. Dwight/Vince
5. LeBron/Shaq

The way T-Mac has broken down the past few years & now Yao continue to be hampered by foot injuries, I don't even really feel they belong in the conversation. Let's wait & see if/when they bounce back & if they can stay healthy for a full season.

ManRam
06-26-2009, 02:14 PM
I'd take Gasol over Shaq. I also thin Gasol definitely held his own vs. the Magic, and was arguably better than Howard that series. Offensively, Gasol is better than Howard.

Kobe is debatabley better than LeBron, but he is leaps and bounds better than Vince. Howard doesn't make up for the discrepency between Kobe and Vince.

1. Kobe/Gasol
2a. LeBron/Shaq
2b. Dwight/Vince
4. PP/KG

I'd take the Spurs and Magic starting 5 as a whole over any of the other teams' though.

lakers4sho
06-26-2009, 02:25 PM
1. Kobe/Gasol
2. Duncan/Parker
3. Garnett/Pierce
4. Dwight/Carter
5. LeBron/Shaq

ink
06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Kobe/Gasol

No brainer. A lot of these duos haven't even played a game together.

ink
06-26-2009, 03:56 PM
1. Kobe/Gasol
2. KG/Pierce
3. Duncan/Parker
4. Dwight/Vince
5. LeBron/Shaq

Seconded.

ProdigyI
06-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Wheres Wade and Jermaine

:laugh:

zambo4president
06-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Close for me between Kobe/Gasol and Duncan/Parker, i give advantage to Kobe though.

TheHoopsProphet
06-26-2009, 04:43 PM
you seem to be running out of ideas JB

LA_Raiders
06-26-2009, 05:55 PM
The Champs....

bogdanrom
06-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I went with Duncan/Parker but it was really close for me. You can't deny what Kobe/Gasol have done. They're amazing. Lebron/Shaq doesn't do it for me because Shaq is old.( btw how sick of a duo would this have been if Shaq was in his prime). Pierce/Garnett both are getting old.

RaiderLakersA's
06-26-2009, 07:27 PM
In fairness to LBJ/Shaq and Vince/Dwight they haven't played a game together. They should'nt be in the discussion at all.

Of the rest, it's Bryant and Gasol. None of the "smalls" listed can guard Kobe. Gasol matches up well with all of the "bigs" listed, more than making up in offensive skill for what he may be giving up in defense. (And as evinced in the playoffs, his defense is underestimated and improving.)

NYsportsGuru
06-26-2009, 07:33 PM
This is a great thread, and a lot of arguments could be made up of it.
Still, I'm going to go with Kobe/Gasol slightly above the rest.

dodgers310
06-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Kobe/Pau

28+24+5=3champs
06-26-2009, 09:16 PM
considering only one of those duos are defending champs im going to go with kobe/pau until shaq/lebron can prove differently

JWO35
06-26-2009, 09:22 PM
No love for Tony and Timmy....How did Shaq and LeBron get votes, they haven't even played together yet :pity: (Of course they look good on paper, but that's the same thing they said about the Phoenix Suns)

marques724
06-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Kobe/Pau because the spurs and celtics are more of a big three than a duo.

blazerman
06-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Duncan and Parker are the most accomplished duo with 3 titles

The best duo right now is a total toss up between KG/Pierce, Duncan/Parker and Kobe/Gasol.

Shaq/Lebron and Howard/VC havent even played a game together and dont even know if one compliments the other so throw that out.

Tmac and Yao got kicked to the curb every yr in the first rd so throw them out but if you said Yao/Artest that would make more sense but still not the best.

Carmelo and Billups had a great first season together so they'd rank fairly high.
Paul/West is also very effective

Roy/Aldridge still too young but could be it in 3yrs.

I like Duncan and Parker as the best then Pierce/KG barely over Gasol/Kobe 3rd(only because their head to head in championship with LA was won by Boston and a healthy KG could have meant a repeat for the Celtics).

PhillyBoomerang
06-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Kobe/Gasol just won a championship.. but i am liking the Lebron/Shaq.. look we know Shaq is not what he once was, but still.. Lebron-Shaq will be a lot of fun and see a lot of ally-oops and things like that from the duo

ThEaIrUpThErE
06-27-2009, 01:38 AM
i'd have to say one thats not on your list, fabricio oberto and kwame brown, they are very reminiscint of sampson and the dream...

Bones10564
06-27-2009, 01:40 AM
Kobe & Pau...

BoltLakerPadre
06-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Kobe/Gasol is the only one that doesn't suffer from some combination of being too old or too injured. So the preface; "if completely healthy" only serves to try to even the other duo's up with KB24 and the Iron Giant (Gasoft since his domination of Howard).

The Blue Baller
06-27-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm not saying they're the best, but I think Billups and Melo should be an option if Yao and Tmac are...

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Ellis-Randolph!!!! lol....maybe some day

i don't like either guy really but Pierce-KG is pretty formidable.

ogtransphat
06-27-2009, 10:13 AM
In fairness to LBJ/Shaq and Vince/Dwight they haven't played a game together. They should'nt be in the discussion at all.

Of the rest, it's Bryant and Gasol. None of the "smalls" listed can guard Kobe. Gasol matches up well with all of the "bigs" listed, more than making up in offensive skill for what he may be giving up in defense. (And as evinced in the playoffs, his defense is underestimated and improving.)

My thoughts exactly but im gonna take Duncan/Parker. I Think they are due for a last hurrah.

thedfactor
06-27-2009, 10:37 AM
why is Yao/TMac even on this poll?? Paul/West is better than those two

rapswin98
06-27-2009, 02:10 PM
kobe/gasol

ko8e24
06-27-2009, 02:53 PM
healthy?

1. LeBron/Shaq - Lebron is Lebron... and Shaq was and would be the most dominant Center in the league if healthy...

why not others?>

Kobe/Gasol - after getting his 4th ring he is considered to be the best player, however Gasol, dispite his set of skills (he is really skilled), isn't near Shaq.

Yao/Tmac - they just did nothing together, not worth consideration... but if they both healthy they are ver, very strong duo...

KG/Pierce - somehow i don't care about them, simply cause their characters (you know -> two best players in the world)

Duncan/Tony - Spurs are known as a team not a team of two players, so maybe because of that it's hard to decide, but as those guys were kinda healthy we can easily judge them, they are great, but not the best (Duncan is the best PF).

Dwight/Vince - well before the trade Vince was considered as a player that is on decline, old, bad attitude, etc... suddenly he comes back to be considered as a great player? Dwight is a beast (but has flaws), if Carter proves his insanity, this duo really can be considered being the best.

Okay, calm down, take a deep breath. Ponder over what you just said for 5 minutes, and then reply back.

Which Shaq are you talking about. The Shaq of now or circa. 2000???? Do you honestly feel that today, June 27th, 2009, you would take Shaquille O'neal over Pau Gasol as your 2nd option to win an NBA Championship??? The game is much different now than it was 7-8 yrs ago. As much as I love Shaq, (yes, rebirth of a season last yr so and so forth etc. etc. etc.), but i would not choose him over gasol. Imagine Kobe + Shaq now. No, I don't think they would win a champion. and Lebron + Pau is a better combo to win a championship now than Lebron + Shaq.