PDA

View Full Version : Now what for Turkoglu??

mitty0507
06-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Magic now have another scorer with a fat contract = no room for Hedo. Who do you think he would fit in best with?

Personally, being a Bobcats fan, adding Hedo to a playoff cusp team would be awesome. A lineup of Felton/DJ, Bell, Wallace, Hedo, Okafor.

Comments?

Kabowdos
06-26-2009, 10:19 AM
I hope he stays in Orlando.

NYKnickFanatic
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I hope he signs with Portland.

Hermie13
06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
why is there no room for Turk in Orlando? Getting Carter only added a tiny amount of money to their 2009-2010 payroll (they traded the pricy Alston and Battie remember). If they were planning on going over the luxury tax line before, then there's no reason to think they still aren't.

In 2010-2011 they'll owe more money but after that Carter will be gone I beleive so not really breaking the bank for them.

They do have a bit of leverage now in a Turk deal, but I bet they still get one done.

DQL
06-26-2009, 10:24 AM
I think they will S&T Hedo for a true PF (Haslem?) to help Dwight out in the paint and move Lewis to his natural pos at SF

atl_braves_fan
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
why is there no room for Turk in Orlando? Getting Carter only added a tiny amount of money to their 2009-2010 payroll (they traded the pricy Alston and Battie remember). If they were planning on going over the luxury tax line before, then there's no reason to think they still aren't.

In 2010-2011 they'll owe more money but after that Carter will be gone I beleive so not really breaking the bank for them.

They do have a bit of leverage now in a Turk deal, but I bet they still get one done.

Their GM wasn't quite as promising according to Sportscenter.

FOBolous
06-26-2009, 10:32 AM
He's signing with Houston (or at least i hope he does) :D

J-Relo
06-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Hedo to CAvs lol :D

thephoenixson28
06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Hopefully phoenix, with turk and trade for chandler our lineup would look like this.
Pg. Nash/dragic
Sg. J-rich/barbosa
Sf. Turk/hill/dudley
Pf. Amare/amundson
C. Chandler/ lopez

If we trade stoudemire then our lineup would look like this.
Pg. Nash/curry/dragic
Sg. J-rich/barbosa/bellinelli
Sf. Turk/hill/dudley
Pf. Clark/ amundson/wright
C. Bedries/ lopez

Or even pick up boozer or okur via free agency

Uz13
06-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Portland
Pg Bayless / Veteran
SG Roy
SF Turk
PF aldridge
C Oden (hopefully he develops)

TheChosenOne88
06-26-2009, 11:03 AM
It's pretty simple, pay me or I walk.

BALLER R
06-26-2009, 11:08 AM
I know we want him here in toronto...BC seems very interested in him

koreancabbage
06-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Hedo will not be in Orlando. i bet you someone will overpay him at like 12M per.

What Orlando needs are better big men.

heyman321
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
get him to the Raptors!!

akesh99
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I think a deal with Toronto would be best. Marion for Turk. They really don't need the scoring that Turk brings now that they have Carter, so Marion would be a perfect fit. Him and Lewis could switch between the 3 and 4 which would give the Magic a really dynamic lineup.

GiantMetKnick
06-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Orlando needs better big men? Howard and Gortat (although he is a free agent) aren't enough for you?

bostncelts34
06-26-2009, 11:30 AM
well he is officially a free agent, and it was reported that Turk AND Boozer both have a very high chance of going to Detroit, since they are the only ones with money to spend on high priced FA's

TheChosenOne88
06-26-2009, 11:38 AM
well he is officially a free agent, and it was reported that Turk AND Boozer both have a very high chance of going to Detroit, since they are the only ones with money to spend on high priced FA's

No way Turk goes to Detroit unless they unload Prince for a center. Boozer signing with them makes sense for both parties. I'd like to know which reporter pulled the "Boozer is going to Detroit or Jersey" out of their butt. Why in the world would Boozer want to go to New Jersey and obviously New Jersey isn't spending money anytime soon.

ahastandupguy
06-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Sign and Trade... Hedo for TMac... And we all get to see a too late glance at what could have been in toronto... Nelso, TMac, Vince, Lewis, Howard.... Pietrus and company off the bench... =o)

TheChosenOne88
06-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Sign and Trade... Hedo for TMac... And we all get to see a too late glance at what could have been in toronto... Nelso, TMac, Vince, Lewis, Howard.... Pietrus and company off the bench... =o)

Everyone with a brain knows that isn't a possibility. The Magic would NEVER win a championship with TMAC and VC on the same team.

rapswin98
06-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I think a deal with Toronto would be best. Marion for Turk. They really don't need the scoring that Turk brings now that they have Carter, so Marion would be a perfect fit. Him and Lewis could switch between the 3 and 4 which would give the Magic a really dynamic lineup.i like this idea. marion for hedo would help both teams

Ty Fast
06-26-2009, 11:51 AM
even if turk walks from orlando they shoud still be improved because they made it to the finals without nelson so you are basically trading alston and turk for vc and nelson. i know nelson played in the final and maybe cost them a title but he was only about 50%. as for turk he will probably go to portland because they have the money, and the best chance of winning

Hermie13
06-26-2009, 11:57 AM
You also traded Courtney Lee though......he's a solid up and coming player and will be missed in the future by the Magic.

Hermie13
06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Orlando needs better big men? Howard and Gortat (although he is a free agent) aren't enough for you?

I think he meant a better 4. Lewis is great, don't get me wrong...but not the best defender. If they got a lockdown PF and moved Lewis to the 3 they'd be nearly unstoppable with Howard at C.....

Not sure they can do that though this summer. Might as well bring back Turk. Howard plays good enough D (obviously), so it's not as big a need as with some teams...

kbrill21
06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
The Bulls will use the Ben Gordon money to sign Hedo and give D Rose a super outside shooter.

Tblaze
06-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Will since Portland was rumoured to be going after him through free agency before the Carter-deal... I think it's even more likely they will now.

zambo4president
06-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Magic now have another scorer with a fat contract = no room for Hedo. Who do you think he would fit in best with?

Personally, being a Bobcats fan, adding Hedo to a playoff cusp team would be awesome. A lineup of Felton/DJ, Bell, Wallace, Hedo, Okafor.

Comments?

I dont really think he fits well with the Bobcats. I think he would take less money to stay with Orlando rather than to get more with Charlotte.

zambo4president
06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
The Bulls will use the Ben Gordon money to sign Hedo and give D Rose a super outside shooter.

No we wont. Not after we drafted two forwards last night, and we want our money for Bosh/Wade in 2010. Plus if we were to go after anything we need guard help. Dont get me wrong though we would love Turk.

OrLMaGiK1
06-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I think getting a legit big man regardless if he is a PF or C would help because say we resign Gortat Have him play alongside Dwight at the PF position and have Ryan Andersen behind Gortat off the bench

C - Howard/Free Agent Big man
PF - Gortat/Andersen
SF - Lewis/Pietrus
SG - Carter/ Redick
PG - Nelson/Johnson

Oh wait that sucks cause now we need a good PG to back up Nelson too

McPeak92
06-26-2009, 12:29 PM
To Portland

Oden
Aldridge
Hedo
Roy
Andre Miller(for Blake and Outlaw S&T)

adding Hedo and Miller puts them in front of the Nuggets IMO

CELTICS4LYFE
06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
i think he is goin to stay in orlando....

BkOriginalOne
06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Portland would be the best fit.
I would also like to seem him replace Peja for the Hornets.
Wolves, Jazz, Raptors would be decent places to play.
Ironically, I think LA would be another great place to go.

oballers
06-26-2009, 12:38 PM
I have no idea where he is going. But I am 99% sure it isn't Orlando. There is no way he gives up his job to Vince Carter and then agrees to come off the bench for less money. We are talking about the NBA's most improved player. A passer, shooter, rebounder who sees himself as the "Michael Jordan of Turkey".

His ego couldn't handle it and frankly he deserves better than to be a role/bench palyer. Why not play 2 guard for Cleveland or go to Boston since Ray Ray looks like history there? etc.....

Jay22Redd
06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Houston???

drose 4 prez
06-26-2009, 12:45 PM

Comments?

look for portland to make an offer

oballers
06-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Houston???

After they deal McGrady, that sounds like a really good spot. And he's a good adition to the build around Yao scenario. Brooks, Scola Turk. A good shooting team!

I'd say the Knicks but Gallo and Turk would be pretty redundant.

curtie74
06-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I think getting a legit big man regardless if he is a PF or C would help because say we resign Gortat Have him play alongside Dwight at the PF position and have Ryan Andersen behind Gortat off the bench

PF - Gortat/Andersen
SF - Lewis/Pietrus
SG - Carter/ Redick
PG - Nelson/Johnson

Oh wait that sucks cause now we need a good PG to back up Nelson too

johnson n redick r solid backups

OrLMaGiK1
06-26-2009, 12:52 PM
johnson n redick r solid backups

But what happens if there is an injury? Who will back up Nelson or Johnson...I like Johnson as a 3rd option. But Redick is still undersized against the guys like Kobe and Lebron and now Turk if he goes elsewhere

Jays Claw
06-26-2009, 12:55 PM
If Shawn Marion leaves the Toronto Raptors, then I hope Bryan Colangelo can sign Hedo Turkoglu.

x_notorious
06-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Hedo Turkoglu's run with the Orlando Magic appears to be over.

A day after the Magic acquired Vince Carter from the New Jersey Nets, Turkoglu's agent said Friday that he sent a notice to Orlando earlier this week that his client will opt out of his contract to become a free agent. Agent Lon Babby said the Magic had made Turkoglu an initial offer that Orlando general manager Otis Smith described as a ``jumping off point.''

But Carter's acquisition signals the Magic are jumping in another direction.

Orlando's payroll will likely dip into the luxury tax for the first time in franchise history, and Turkoglu is looking for a big payday after helping the Magic reach the NBA finals last season. He will be a free agent July 1.

``We will see what the market holds on July 1, but that market will surely be robust for Hedo,'' Babby said.

Turkoglu's decision was first reported by The Orlando Sentinel.

Orlando also received forward Ryan Anderson from the Nets, who acquired three players in return: Point guard Rafer Alston; shooting guard Courtney Lee; and power forward Tony Battie. The Magic are hoping Carter, who has averaged 23.5 points over a 10-year pro career, will provide center Dwight Howard with a perimeter scorer who can create his own shot and finish at the end of games - something they lacked in losing the finals to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Turkoglu was due $7.3 million next season in the final year of his $36 million, six-year deal with the Magic. Turkoglu averaged 16.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists last season.

Although those numbers were slightly down from a year ago, when he was voted the NBA's most improved player, he was often the player the Magic ran their offense through en route to just their second Eastern Conference championship. He also led the team in scoring in the finals at 18 points per game.

Turkoglu has spent the last five seasons in Orlando after four with the Sacramento Kings. He has said he would like to remain with the Magic but that securing his family's future is the most important thing this offseason.

The 6-foot-10 forward from Turkey will likely command a multiyear deal worth around $10 million per year.

The Magic had said they wanted Turkoglu to return.

Smith admitted Thursday that re-signing Turkoglu will now be considerably more difficult with them hampered by Carter's contract. A Magic spokesman did not immediately return a call for comment Friday.

Still, bringing in an eight-time All-Star like Carter was an opportunity Orlando couldn't pass up.

``Vince gives us a veteran, go-to scoring presence, especially at the end of games,'' Smith said Thursday. ``Our goal remains the same - to win a championship. Any time you can add an All-Star to help you reach your goals, you have to do it.''

The Associated Press

Link (http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nba/20090626/Magic-Turkoglu/)

Unec
06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
HEDO wont go to the bobcats, they need a true center so okafur can play his natural position. And orlando needs a real power forward, Portland really dont need nothin but a vet at the point guard spot although hedo could really help them. I think orlando sign & trades hedo and gets a real pf, yeah i would like to see the HEAT go after turk!!

oballers
06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
PF - Gortat/Andersen
SF - Lewis/Pietrus
SG - Carter/ Redick
PG - Nelson/Johnson

This doesn't make sense. How is Gortat a PF? It should be:

C - Howard/????
PF - Andersen/???
SF - Lewis/Pietrus
SG - Carter/ Redick
PG - Nelson/Johnson

I think the Magic go shopping for some cheaper fill in the blanks at back up C and PF. Both Turk and Gortat will be too pricy.

With Turk commanding a 4 yr 45 Mil deal and Gortat around 4.5 - 7.5 /yr. Frankly with a lineup of Howard, Lewis, Carter and Nelson. You don't need much more than role players and minimum contract guys to fill in the blanks.

yanks 4lif3
06-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Back to the Kings hopefully.

JordansBulls
06-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Portland
Pg Bayless / Veteran
SG Roy
SF Turk
PF aldridge
C Oden (hopefully he develops)

If Hedo doesn't stay with Orlando I think Portland is the best fit.

nYk_wAy
06-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Stays in Orlando. His team just went to the finals, and he was a huge reason why. Adding Carter definitely takes away from his game, and probably hurts his game the most, but he's still big part to them.

I don't think money is an issue. The Magic are pretty much capped out anyway, everyone important is sitting tight with their contracts, not like they need to save the cap space. And not like they need to save money and are in trouble, the team just came from the finals and has gained a lot of respect after being doubted.

Catfish1314
06-26-2009, 01:22 PM
If Carter's presence means Turkoglu is on his way out, I think he'll be Portland bound. He has at least 3 years of perennial All-Star play left in him and the Blazers could use his offensive creativity and veteran presence.

masalex1205
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
HEDO wont go to the bobcats, they need a true center so okafur can play his natural position. And orlando needs a real power forward, Portland really dont need nothin but a vet at the point guard spot although hedo could really help them. I think orlando sign & trades hedo and gets a real pf, yeah i would like to see the HEAT go after turk!!

Okafor isn't a pf, he's just a slightly undersized center. He's not quick enough to hang w/ power forwards on defense.

Charlotte already has Gerald Wallace at SF but if Hedo could play SG then it might be able to work. Regardless, it's probably a moot point because Bobcats could only offer the MLE.

Joe Montegna
06-26-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't really think Hedo Turkoglu cares about winning a championship so I think he could care less about staying in Orlando. Orlando has monster contracts invested in Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and now Vince Carter. You really think they'll be willing to give Hedo the kind of money he's wanting? I don't.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Knicks
raptors
heat
rockets
SUNS

Freshed
06-26-2009, 01:46 PM
turk to the raptors if shawn marion does not choose to resign!

DitchDat
06-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I think it's just a formality now IMO. There's pictures VC posing in an Orlando outfit, but there's no number on the jersey. As you guys know, he wore the #15 with the Nets. Turkoglu wore the #15 for the Magic. He's almost definitely gone.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/c2/fullj.0cebd9ae08feb2ef200627f9f6c90f26/0cebd9ae08feb2ef200627f9f6c90f26-getty-82875250fm030_magic_carter.jpg

Jab at Hedo. "Be gone! Vince wants your number!"

J-Relo
06-26-2009, 02:23 PM
yep

DitchDat
06-26-2009, 02:27 PM
where will he end up?

There's not a lot of teams willing to spend, but what team can't use a forward/guard hybrid player?

IversonIsKrazy
06-26-2009, 02:28 PM
If BG7 goes to Detroit, i really want Chicago to pick up Hedo.

ManRam
06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
He's definitely gone. We just can't afford to pay him now. I think he'll land in Detroit.

azfan4life
06-26-2009, 02:35 PM
suns have a lot of intrest in him and if the gsw trade goes down he would probably play
PF

McPeak92
06-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Portland

CiscoKid
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I think he will land in Portland! They are clearing money for him. They sent Sergio Rodriguez to the Kings to move 6 or 7 spots up in the 2nd round.

Chronz
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Wouldnt him actually wearing the #15 be the sign of Hedo's end, if anything that picture hurts your argument

J_M_B
06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Probably Detroit will pick him up.

lakerman
06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=DitchDat;9921353]where will he end up?

There's not a lot of teams willing to spend, but what team can't use a forward/guard hybrid player?[/QUOTE

Does he still want to win a championship?
I hope so then he would stay

DitchDat
06-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Wouldnt him actually wearing the #15 be the sign of Hedo's end, if anything that picture hurts your argument

There's not a doubt in my mind that Vince wants to wear the #15, but couldn't just because Hedo is still on the roster. IF he wanted to wear another number, it would already be on the jersey, just like with every other player that gets traded.
I know the money makes it virtually impossible, but losing Hedo would make the deal less significant IMO. A Nelson - Carter - Howard - Lewis - Turkoglu linup would be sick.

DitchDat
06-26-2009, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=DitchDat;9921353]where will he end up?

There's not a lot of teams willing to spend, but what team can't use a forward/guard hybrid player?[/QUOTE

Does he still want to win a championship?
I hope so then he would stay

I would love for him to stay in Orlando, though I'm reading everywhere that he wants a big contract now.

Chronz
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
I see, good point.

IversonIsKrazy
06-26-2009, 02:50 PM
One of these:

To the Raps and Marion walks.
To the Blazers.
Bulls if BG goes to Detroit.

Raptors: Jose/DeRozan/Turk/Bosh/Bargs
Blazers: Blake/Roy/Turk/Aldrige/Oden
Bulls: Rose/Salmons/Turk/TT/Noah

*Superman*
06-26-2009, 02:51 PM
The Magic GM Otis Smith offered him a "decent" contract. Turk turned it down and opted out. They said getting VC was a move that gave them insurance if turk left. I think he is money hungry now. He could have stayed for one more year and had a killer lineup of.
Jameer
Vince
Hedo
Shard
Dwight
And basically made it to the finals again, no doubt. Hes gonna want big numbers. From what ive heard its Portland(who wants a vet) or Detroit(if they don't get BG7)

JIDsanity
06-26-2009, 02:56 PM
The Magic GM Otis Smith offered him a "decent" contract. Turk turned it down and opted out. They said getting VC was a move that gave them insurance if turk left. I think he is money hungry now. He could have stayed for one more year and had a killer lineup of.
Jameer
Vince
Hedo
Shard
Dwight
And basically made it to the finals again, no doubt. Hes gonna want big numbers. From what ive heard its Portland(who wants a vet) or Detroit(if they don't get BG7)

Just sign Sheed for the MLE, and yall are good

Pierzynski4Prez
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
I don't think he would go to Detroit.

Think about it, he could stay with a team IN ORLANDO who went to the finals that already added a quality player, OR

Move TO DETROIT to a slumping team.

This has to be a no-brainer for Hedo

Tony_Starks
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Orlando would be sooooooooooooooooo incredibly stupid not to re-sign Turk. I don't want to hear that crap about the luxury tax because guess what they just made a trip to the finals and management got fat off that! No need to be cheap now.

Ok they got Vince but you can NEVER have enough good players.

TheChosenOne88
06-26-2009, 03:03 PM

Think about it, he could stay with a team IN ORLANDO who went to the finals that already added a quality player, OR

Obviously if it's a no brainer he wouldn't have opted out. This is a business and Hedo wants his payday just like every other player in the nba.

MAC10TIZZY
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM
i will tell you this though, if turk does stay, we will have the sickest line up in the league...hands down....

jameer
vc
turk
lewis
d12..................are you kidding me

Jays Claw
06-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Toronto.

Only if Shawn Marion decides to walk.

*Superman*
06-26-2009, 03:11 PM

I wish it was like that to man, but so far he has showed

Money>Championship.

*Superman*
06-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Just sign Sheed for the MLE, and yall are good

Yeah i heard we might get him. hmm. Atleast we could move Shard down to the 3. We would still have a amazing lineup.
Jameer
Vince
Rashard
Rasheed
Dwight.

Rasheed would only help spread out the floor. So we don't lose to much with Hedo gone. Now that i think about it i hope it gets done.:jumpy:

dtmagnet
06-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I could see a s+t to Portland for Outlaw working for both sides, I also think he would be a good fit in Toronto if Marion doesn't re-sign.

TheChosenOne88
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I wish it was like that to man, but so far he has showed

Money>Championship.

Do you blame him? It's not like he has an easy 100 Mill in the bank like some players do. He hasn't really gotten a pay day and he feels undervalued. He is a rare commodity in the nba and won some ball games for you guys. Most players only think championship>money when they already have money in the bank.

*Superman*
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Orlando would be sooooooooooooooooo incredibly stupid not to re-sign Turk. I don't want to hear that crap about the luxury tax because guess what they just made a trip to the finals and management got fat off that! No need to be cheap now.

Ok they got Vince but you can NEVER have enough good players.

True. But we have maybe a little over 6mill, and we have technically 7 players taking out Hedo. So we still have to fill out the roster. Its not as easy as it sounds. Plus Hedo wants like 12-13mill per season...not gonna happen.

*Superman*
06-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Do you blame him? It's not like he has an easy 100 Mill in the bank like some players do. He hasn't really gotten a pay day and he feels undervalued. He is a rare commodity in the nba and won some ball games for you guys. Most players only think championship>money when they already have money in the bank.

Sure but he could have stayed for one more year, we would have a legit chance at winning it. After that i wouldn't have minded if he left. This way he would be a FA in 2010, where everyone is gonna get paid. So yeah i kinda blame him for leaving. And he really flourished in our offense style of Stan's shooting 3's. He's not gonna be the same player like he was in Orlando.

Grim Reaper
06-26-2009, 03:38 PM
If he does stay in Orlando that's a sick lineup.

PG-Nelson
SG-Carter
SF-Turkoglu
PF-Lewis
C-Howard

WOW!

OA SLAY
06-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Hes not worth all that money he'll get paid and fade over time.

zambo4president
06-26-2009, 04:18 PM
76ers are probably an option, Mavs or Rockets work too.

ManRam
06-26-2009, 04:28 PM
PF - Gortat/Andersen
SF - Lewis/Pietrus
SG - Carter/ Redick
PG - Nelson/Johnson

This doesn't make sense. How is Gortat a PF? It should be:

C - Howard/????
PF - Andersen/???
SF - Lewis/Pietrus
SG - Carter/ Redick
PG - Nelson/Johnson

I think the Magic go shopping for some cheaper fill in the blanks at back up C and PF. Both Turk and Gortat will be too pricy.

With Turk commanding a 4 yr 45 Mil deal and Gortat around 4.5 - 7.5 /yr. Frankly with a lineup of Howard, Lewis, Carter and Nelson. You don't need much more than role players and minimum contract guys to fill in the blanks.

We could move Howard back to PF, where he originally was though to play, and did play. Anderson isn't starting anytime soon.

PG-Nelson
SG-Carter
SF-Lewis
PF-Howard
C-Gortat

Hedo is gone. I honestly think we're going to re-sign Gortat, and not bring in a starting PF (even though I'd love Sheed or McDyess).

LA_Raiders
06-26-2009, 05:49 PM
He will stay, Orl will be over the Cap...

They are not that stupid to let his game changer go....

blazerman
06-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Blazers will do a s&t

Orlando gets Outlaw or Webster and rights to Freeland and Patrick Mills

Blazers sign Hedo 4 yr 38 million

Blazers will also

S&T

76ers get Outlaw or Webster and Blake

Blazers get Andre Miller 3 yr 30 million

Blazers lineup

PG Miller/Bayless
SG Roy/Fernandez
SF Turkoglu/Batum
PF Aldridge/Pendergragh
C Oden/Pryzbilla

Jah king
06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
I hope he stays in Orlando.

Goes to LA to win a championship, signs for cheap.. gets great endorsement deal... LA dumps Puke and morrison... Keep LO and ariza... and we all get laid.

asmarks18
06-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I hope Dallas gets involved and works out a sign and trade with the Magic. Stackhouse, Bass, and 2011 1st round pick for Turk. Stackhouse has a buyout on his deal so really it would just be Bass and the pick. They can't afford to keep him anyways...might as well get a very good role player and a 1st rounder.

Denver-boy
06-26-2009, 06:24 PM
If Orlando lets him walk, Biggest Mistake ever. But i dont care, Sign with the Nuggets. lol
he's like a Lamar Odom, Rashard Lewis, Dirk... a Really Tall guy that has Perimeter. It's RARE

jrok217
06-26-2009, 06:59 PM
he had been made an offer which Otis Smith called "decent," and declined because his stock went up in the playoffs. hedo demonstrarted his true basketball ability and knowledge; and will end up on a contender. Dont expect him to join a team on the cusp of the playoffs. Teams that will benefit from his acquisition are :Miami and New Orleans. Both teams lack at the 3 and could use sum1 other than their studs (wade and cp3) respectively, to drive and dish. Orlando has made it clear that resigning him is a long shot, vince brings an $18 million contract. They've added another shooter/scorer and too much fire power isn't always good, u need role players.

jrok217
06-26-2009, 07:03 PM
If Orlando lets him walk, Biggest Mistake ever. But i dont care, Sign with the Nuggets. lol
he's like a Lamar Odom, Rashard Lewis, Dirk... a Really Tall guy that has Perimeter. It's RARE
The nuggets already have a SF in some guy named Carmelo Anthony... never heard of the guy but he's pretty good or something. Just teasing dude, the nuggets wouldnt add him because they already have a solid nucleus and need role players. hedo will go to a team that he can start for. No one will throw $10 mill at a player to come off the bench during this recession, they can get 2 solid contributors for that kind of money.

jrok217
06-26-2009, 07:08 PM
This option would work wonders for your Mavs team. I think it would be a perfect fit to have him alongside dirk in the front court, especially because kidd is on his way out. He can handle the ball and clear room for shooters, would make them better contenders immediately. However, i think its an unlikely scenario. I dont expect a sign and trade to go down for Hedo, expect him to sign with a new team within the first two weeks after july 1st.

jrok217
06-26-2009, 07:11 PM
If he were to sign for cheap, he'd keep his family and life in Orlando. Orlando is already a contender and just added Vince. Plus, the lakers barely have enough to pay for Lamar and Ariza. How many Sf's do u want cluttering our locker room and pleading for minutes. Not gonna happen!

jrok217
06-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Sure but he could have stayed for one more year, we would have a legit chance at winning it. After that i wouldn't have minded if he left. This way he would be a FA in 2010, where everyone is gonna get paid. So yeah i kinda blame him for leaving. And he really flourished in our offense style of Stan's shooting 3's. He's not gonna be the same player like he was in Orlando.

You cant blame him for leaving, like one of the guys mentioned earlier; dude deserves to have his payday. You cant expect him to wait till next year when the focus is on Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. His stock is up right now, he needs to do whats best for him. They guy is 30 years old, its his last opportunity. Orlando clearly didnt want to commit to a large contract with him, otherwise he would have re-signed already.

jrok217
06-26-2009, 07:27 PM
If he does stay in Orlando that's a sick lineup.

PG-Nelson
SG-Carter
SF-Turkoglu
PF-Lewis
C-Howard

WOW!

Not likely, Why does every one think an all-star cast will bring home the gold? its never good to have so much fire power that the coaches are up all day and night trying to figure out what to do with everyone. In basketball, you have 1-2 all stars, 1-2 solid ball players, and then you stock your bench with role players. Every1 plays an important role. Consider this, Lamar is easily a starter, but came off the bench to give us a different dimension and fire power "off the bench". if they were to keep Hedo, one of those guys should take a backseat. Personally, i think the Magic were fools to let go of Courtney Lee. They had so much future in ("Superman," Jameer, and Lee.)

COLH
06-26-2009, 08:00 PM
there's rumors of him going to Pistons... but Im hoping he stays with Magic

Grim Reaper
06-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Not likely, Why does every one think an all-star cast will bring home the gold? its never good to have so much fire power that the coaches are up all day and night trying to figure out what to do with everyone. In basketball, you have 1-2 all stars, 1-2 solid ball players, and then you stock your bench with role players. Every1 plays an important role. Consider this, Lamar is easily a starter, but came off the bench to give us a different dimension and fire power "off the bench". if they were to keep Hedo, one of those guys should take a backseat. Personally, i think the Magic were fools to let go of Courtney Lee. They had so much future in ("Superman," Jameer, and Lee.)

I never said they would win a title. I said that would be a sick lineup which of course it would. The rumors are that Turkoglu would be willing to take a pay cut to stay in Orlando and the front office wants him to stay so maybe he will. I never said that's an automatic championship. With KG back even with that lineup I doubt they get by Boston and now that Cleveland has Shaq Dwight Howard won't be able to kill the Cavs anymore like he always does. Still would be a nasty lineup though.

codes238
06-26-2009, 11:08 PM
a sign and trade to miami for haslem and a future pick makes a lot of sense to me...

lavell12
06-27-2009, 01:25 AM
I don't think Gortat are Anderson would start for Orlando if Hedo walks, Pietrus would move to the 3 and start.

rabzouz 96
06-27-2009, 06:10 AM
if he leaves the magic beter look to get a decent pf, because otherwise the vc trade was a step backwards at this stage of vcs career. sad to say it but hes on the decline.

Gnac76
06-27-2009, 06:17 AM
Hopefully he signs with the blazers..... so then they will not be able to sign andre miller flat out and will have to do a S&T with the sixers :)

IndiansFan337
06-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Hopefully he signs with the blazers..... so then they will not be able to sign andre miller flat out and will have to do a S&T with the sixers :)

They don't have cap space. And Turkoglu just opted out of a $7 million contract for next season, so he's not going to settle for the MLE.

Tblaze
06-27-2009, 11:30 AM
They don't have cap space. And Turkoglu just opted out of a $7 million contract for next season, so he's not going to settle for the MLE.

What makes you think we don't have capspace?

Verbal Christ
06-27-2009, 11:41 AM
sign and trade with the rockets for either carl landry or luis scola. reunite hedo with rick andelman and the motion offense and the inside/outside game with hedo and yao would be sick.

Tluc242
06-27-2009, 11:58 AM
How about to the Lakers for Sasha?

blazerman
06-27-2009, 03:43 PM

Dont throw out statements that you made out of thin air because your only gonna get hammered by other fans that know what you said is B***s**t.

The Blazers have 9 million in cap space and can have an additional 7.6 million if they dont guarantee the team options on Blake(4mil)and Outlaw(3.6mil) or they can be used in sign and trades which allows the Blazers to use less cap space.

Oh yeah we dumped Sergio thats another 1.6mil and we could renounce or add in kopenon and Freeland for another 2mil.

If the Blazers want they can have about 18mil or keep all assets and still have about 10mil since Segio has already been sent out.

and a 3.6 mil trade exemption and a MLE to boot. So the Blazers can be as big a player as anyone.

MajorFloridaFan
06-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Turk is not coming back to the magic no room.........Orlando is going to go for sheed....
nelson
carter
lewis
wallace
howard
best 5 man group in the league