PDA

View Full Version : Team Draft Ratings

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 08:35 AM
What's your team? What do you think about what they did on draft night including moving in and out of the draft/lottery?

Nets: B+
Twill was the best player available, is versatile, and is more nba ready than most of the guys chosen after him other than hansbrough. I project him to play three spots but will get most of his minutes at sg.
Things I didn't like much. After trading Ryan Anderson, the Nets suddenly only have Yi, Swat, and Najera playing the 4. Not really great and not very good rebounding. So why didn't we move for blair?
If we drop vc, who is going to pick up the scoring load? Is next year really meant for lopez, yi, and lee to shine? It doesn't look like management is going to sign anyone so it looks like the nets are now done for the offseason.
I also wanted budinger but we have a glut of sg/sf.

IndyRealist
06-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Team: Indiana Pacers
Grade: C

They went for the safe pick. Hansbrough will never be great but he will be solid, he's a hustle player and has a tireless work ethic. He will backup Troy Murphy so there's no rush for him to produce, and he may eventually replace Jeff Foster.

This draft would be a B-, but who the **** is AJ Price?

JWO35
06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
A Pretty Solid B....I like that we pretty much stole DaJuan Summers and Chase Budinger in the 2nd round. I just wished we could have kept Budinger and not trade him to the Rockets.

29$JerZ
06-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Team - New York Knicks
Grade B

They drafted Jordan Hill and didn't buy into the hype of Jrue who fell to 16 or Jenings at 10.
We got a combo guard at 29 who plays defense and can shoot, he is already a plus over Nate Robinons for helping us play better defense and score. Most importantly we traded Q-Bricks for a solid 7-footer who will fit great Darko Milicic.

We added 3 defensive players with good offensive contributions, each can hit a mid range shot and when 2 of those 3 are 6'10 and 7'0 that's a bonus :)

I really liked how we went about the draft, hard to get a PG with Minny taking them all.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
haha a uconn man who was marcus williams' accomplice when williams was caught stealing laptops. i believe both of them served suspensions. like mw, price has a high body fat ratio hinting that he doesn't take care of himself and doesn't really care about working hard.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:01 AM
A Pretty Solid B....I like that we pretty much stole DaJuan Summers and Chase Budinger in the 2nd round. I just wished we could have kept Budinger and not trade him to the Rockets.

Ah detroit... yeah i dont know what you were thinking about getting rid of budinger. i was kind of surprised to see daye go. i knew it was between daye and mullens but "that kid makes tayshaun look like the hulk." a poor mans version of anthony randolph?i thought you could've went bigger but i guess you're trying to work something out to get another big man.

Duncan = Donkey
06-26-2009, 09:02 AM
B+

PHX were targeting Earl Clark all along and they got him.
I wouldve like to see us draft Patty Mills in the 2nd, instead of taylor griffin.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:05 AM
hill was the lopez of this year's draft. many teams could've taken him but opted not to. hill has huge upside and imo will be far better than chris wilcox ever will be. your situation is interesting because you have lee and nate possibly leaving and you had to address that. you also dont have that many bigs. maybe d'antoni sensed that hill could kind of be the amare of the knicks, but less skilled for now. amare also took a while to grow.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:06 AM
B+

I wouldve like to see us draft Patty Mills in the 2nd, instead of taylor griffin.
i wouldn't expect him to play much of the 3 like many people think since he's actually slower and less agile than hansbrough.

TRF929
06-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Spurs with an A
they did amazing with the picks they had and with Blair falling in their laps and McClinton was a surprise also, they could both possibily make the team. Blair may actually get some starts too
Parker
Mason Jr./Manu
Jefferson
Duncan
Blair
Going to be a good year

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah I gotta say I was envious of a lot of the teams with second round picks. Great for the spurs. He's a very skilled big man. I think the knee problems are false. Flat out steal. McClinton wont the 3 pt shooting contest and is probably 2nd behind curry in 3 pt shooting ability.

Silent1
06-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Mavericks with a F!
no wonder why we aint gonna never make it back to the finals, because of stupid draft choices by donnie nelson and giving contracts to bad players that dont fit our system, again another letdown year for the mavs and i'm sure dirk is leaving after this season cuz he now knows he's not getting any help

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Who is silent1? and whats your team?

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Mavericks with a F!
no wonder why we aint gonna never make it back to the finals, because of stupid draft choices by donnie nelson and giving contracts to bad players that dont fit our system, again another letdown year for the mavs and i'm sure dirk is leaving after this season cuz he now knows he's not getting any help

I liked the Mavs taking Mullens. He could be a star in a few years. For that late in the draft who else would you rather get?
Yes Don Nelson and his son are out to screw the mavs. At first I thought it was coach don nelson who was the gm of the mavs. Still it's a conflict of interests.

Tblaze
06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
B-

22nd pick: Victor Claver, solid pick.. however he doesn't really fill a need for us. Still I wanted us to draft him, but preferebly with a lower pick. We picked him quite early.

31st pick: Jeff Pendergraph is a decent prospect, but I wanted Dejuan Blair at this pick. Still Jeff could be a decent backup.

33th pick: I hoped for Dejuan Blair once agian, but we went with Dante Cunningham. Don't know much about him...

55th pick: Patrick Mills, absolute steal at that pick. Think he will be a nice 3rd string guard this year!

Overall in terms of talent we did well, but we didn't fill any of our needs (pg, backup pf bruiser) while Blair was available 3 times and would've filled that second role. But this will more likely meen that we're going to fill those voids in free agency and trades rather then the draft.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
I forgot you traded mullens, terrible.

jtchilln
06-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Celtics- Incomplete.

Only pick was a late 2nd round, this guy won't even make the team.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Celtics- Incomplete.

maybe they should've picked someone they could've used?

GSRaider
06-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Warriors get an a-

They got the 2nd best player in the draft

ROY

Vinny642
06-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Hornets
C+

We got a safe pick in Collison, i expect him to be a solid backup to Paul. And then we traded for Marcus Thorton which I have high hops for.

Bishnoff
06-26-2009, 10:17 AM
B+

Yeah, but you and I are biased towards Mills caus hes an Aussie ;)

Mills would have been a good fit with SSOL however, and was severely underrated at pick 55.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Hornets
C+

We got a safe pick in Collison, i expect him to be a solid backup to Paul. And then we traded for Marcus Thorton which I have high hops for.

only a c+? maybe you needed a little more offensive production than those two guys but those two are pretty solid.

FairWeatherFan?
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Cavs - B

Drafted a guy who maybe something special in 2-3 years and didn't waste any cap space in the process.

Have to admit that when they said his name that I could not help but say WTF

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Warriors get an a-

They got the 2nd best player in the draft

ROY

i think he fits their system well. he wasn't particularly thrilled about going to the warriors though. a bit unprofessional of him to slam his hand on the table when he heard his name called.

Vinny642
06-26-2009, 10:26 AM
only a c+? maybe you needed a little more offensive production than those two guys but those two are pretty solid.

lol what did uwant me to give em? we didnt do anything spectacular, just solid players

cheetos185
06-26-2009, 10:27 AM
B-

22nd pick: Victor Claver, solid pick.. however he doesn't really fill a need for us. Still I wanted us to draft him, but preferebly with a lower pick. We picked him quite early.

31st pick: Jeff Pendergraph is a decent prospect, but I wanted Dejuan Blair at this pick. Still Jeff could be a decent backup.

33th pick: I hoped for Dejuan Blair once agian, but we went with Dante Cunningham. Don't know much about him...

55th pick: Patrick Mills, absolute steal at that pick. Think he will be a nice 3rd string guard this year!

Overall in terms of talent we did well, but we didn't fill any of our needs (pg, backup pf bruiser) while Blair was available 3 times and would've filled that second role. But this will more likely meen that we're going to fill those voids in free agency and trades rather then the draft.

did the blazers really need more young talent they should have used those picks to land a veteran PG or someone who can help them now

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 10:32 AM
lol what did uwant me to give em? we didnt do anything spectacular, just solid players

so solid players warrants a c+? then i graded my draft wrong. twill is a solid guy too. c+ for the nets.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 10:33 AM
did the blazers really need more young talent they should have used those picks to land a veteran PG or someone who can help them now

my feeling is that they'll let some of them develop, especially claver and see who has value and trade some for more experience later down the line.

Tblaze
06-26-2009, 10:36 AM

My guess is they haven't done that yet because they want to use their capspace first to sign a FA (which is possible from july 1st) and after that, they will address their other needs through trades.

Claver is the only player I see them keep with the purpose of making him part of the team in the future..

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
no bulls fans yet. i'd like to see what they say.

Tdots-Guido
06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Toronto
A

I was hoping for Demar Derozan and we got him at 9. I truly believe he has so much potential but i also think he will be a great fit for us at the wings due to our lack at that position. He seems like a good kid the score had an interview with him and hes happy to play for the Raps so i believe he was the perfect pick for us.

jehovah joe
06-26-2009, 10:45 AM
i think he fits their system well. he wasn't particularly thrilled about going to the warriors though. a bit unprofessional of him to slam his hand on the table when he heard his name called.

youre looking at it all wrong... he didnt slam the table in disappointment...

ive heard/read a ton of interviews since the draft and he's happy to be a warrior.

watch it again... you'll see he's not upset...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPPOi4oKJJI

Duncan = Donkey
06-26-2009, 10:48 AM
i wouldn't expect him to play much of the 3 like many people think since he's actually slower and less agile than hansbrough.

are you kidding me?? less agile and slower than hansbrough, have you seen earl clark play????

clark is way more explosive and athletic than hansbrough.

did you see his dunk on luke harongoody???

his defenilty cable of playing the 3, he has good lateral quickeness and good ball handling skills.

Duncan = Donkey
06-26-2009, 10:54 AM
i dont wanna get into a full arguement or anything, bit from the games i have seen of him he is alot faster and agile than hansborugh, and scouting reports also back it up.

Draft Express - Strengths

Mismatch Potential
- Pick and roll play
- Transition play
- Ability to create own shot
- Ball-handling skills w/either hand
- Excellent hands - \
- Ability to contest shots
- Lateral quickness
- Pick and roll defense
- Shot-blocking skills
- Versatility to defend multiple positions
- Huge upside
- Positional versatility
- Court vision
- Passing skills
- Body control
- Excellent first step
- Explosiveness
- NBA body
- Size for position
- Wingspan
- Offensive rebounding

im not using this as an argument im just sayin from what i have seen of him, he is way more agile and atletic than hansbrough and alot of scouting reports agree with me.
and i also think he is capable of playing the 3

epgelinas
06-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I gave them an A because they didn't trade Rondo. Unfortunately Ainge is the only dipsheet who come out and bashes his own player! If he really wants to trade him he brings the price down by doing what he did. If he wants Rondo to smarten up then he should ask Belichek and Francona how it's done because they have had more success with dealing with players and their attitude issues.
Personally I still don't give Ainge much credit for the Celts championship. If it wasn't for McHale in Minnesota it never would have fell into place. In all the years he's been in charge he had 1 good free agent signing (Posey), and 2 1/2 good draft picks(Jefferson&Rondo, Perkins is borderline good). That puts him at maybe a 10% success rate! In my view he's a flop!

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 11:04 AM
youre looking at it all wrong... he didnt slam the table in disappointment...

ive heard/read a ton of interviews since the draft and he's happy to be a warrior.

watch it again... you'll see he's not upset...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPPOi4oKJJI

why did he slap the table then?

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
im just basing it on whatever's on draft express. http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

JIDsanity
06-26-2009, 11:07 AM
My Nets couldve done better. The trade was nice, but... Maybe T-Will is seriously good. What happens wit Lee and CDR tho?

Chateamsfan
06-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Im very happy with the Bobcats draft!

tland22
06-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Hornets get a B....

Collison from UCLA is experienced winner from UCLA. Going to be solid leading our 2nd team when CP3 is out of the game. Much needed relief for CP3 will be provided by this kid. And Marcus Thornton will be a a good scorer in the NBA. He is Eric Gordon, but BETTER. Yea I have very high hopes for him. I like Marcus Thornton (traded rights from MIA to NO) more than I like Collison honestly.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Hornets get a B....

Collison from UCLA is experienced winner from UCLA. Going to be solid leading our 2nd team when CP3 is out of the game. Much needed relief for CP3 will be provided by this kid. And Marcus Thornton will be a a good scorer in the NBA. He is Eric Gordon, but BETTER. Yea I have very high hopes for him. I like Marcus Thornton (traded rights from MIA to NO) more than I like Collison honestly.

i agree actually. i was very surprised by the collison pick.

adidas2307
06-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I give the Bulls a B-, because they drafted well in James Johnson and Taj Gibson. Personally, I would rather have seen Blair taken at Taj's spot, but Taj is a solid defender and that's what we needed. I was happy that we didn't make any excessive trade that could have potentially not worked, such as Hinrich, Tyrus, and both picks for Amare or something.

EastCoastBaller
06-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Spurs with an A
they did amazing with the picks they had and with Blair falling in their laps and McClinton was a surprise also, they could both possibily make the team. Blair may actually get some starts too
Parker
Mason Jr./Manu
Jefferson
Duncan
Blair
Going to be a good year

How is Blair gonna play Center... When's he's only 6'6

JWO35
06-26-2009, 11:43 AM
How is Blair gonna play Center... When's he's only 6'6

:laugh:

Patriots
06-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Team- 76ers
Grade - A
I thought we were going to draft lawson but jrue holiday fell to 17... its a steal for us

tp13baby
06-26-2009, 11:54 AM
nuggets b
ty lawson...if the trade stands will get tudored by one of the best point guards in the league chauncey billups. first time since carmello but i say what a good draft

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
TheBlackHole, TheCardiacKids? who'd tyou ive F's to?

cubbybear2290
06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Chicago Bulls
B-/B
I love the fact that they recieved a guy in James Johnson that can play the 3 and 4 and isn't rail thin like the rest of the bulls front court. I think he is the 2nd heaviest behind Aaron Gray. He can shoot and be a mismatch for many defenders when he develops. l feel with the selection of Taj Gibson we can now afford to do some sort of deal where we trade TT for a legit C or PF. Or possibly sign Gordon and trade KH12+TT for Fernandez and Frye or something along those lines since apparently the Blazers have a good deal of interest in Hinrich

TheBlackHole
06-26-2009, 12:12 PM
TheBlackHole, TheCardiacKids? who'd tyou ive F's to?

The Knickerbockers. That is how I would rate my teams draft, even though some might consider it a bit rough. I wanted DeMar DeRozan or Brandon Jennings and his flat-top, so i'm disgusted we didnt get one of them, more so Derozan. And I had just started to warm up to the idea of getting Stephen Curry so **** the warriors for that. Outside of those disappointments, we really didnt do anything other than replace David Lee & Nate Robinson, and I dont even want to get rid of Nate.

VCaintdead17
06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Pacers:

F

Come on Bird, Tyler Hansborough???? FML

jgthealpha2
06-26-2009, 12:21 PM
The Spurs stole DeJuan Blair and Jack McClinton. Blair and flat out board and McClinton can flat out score. Nice bench depth. The Spurs remind me of the Patriots, Colts, and Eagles...they just draft the best available.

Baller1
06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
OKC: A-

If Mullens can pan out into what some think he can be, then OKC completely rounded out their future starting lineup.

PG- Westbrook
SG- Harden
SF- Durant
PF- Green
C- Mullens

m26555
06-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Team: Indiana Pacers
Grade: C

They went for the safe pick. Hansbrough will never be great but he will be solid, he's a hustle player and has a tireless work ethic. He will backup Troy Murphy so there's no rush for him to produce, and he may eventually replace Jeff Foster.

This draft would be a B-, but who the **** is AJ Price?
Shows how little you actually know about college basketball. Price was an absolute steal at that pick.

oballers
06-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Knicks - A-

Picked best available both times. Hill is going to be a great sleeper and a good reason why we let Lee go (hopefully on a sign and trade). Douglas is definately a sleeper and will have a gret time shooting in the D'antoni system.

As for Rubio- if he comes I'm happy if not, well he'll probably go back to Europe or be traded elsewhere. I can't see him staying in Minny and I believe they knew that going in to the draft.

But if he comes our way I hope it doesn't cost us too much.

theuuord
06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
They're not my team, but the Spurs deserve an A+ for their last two days. They got quality players in the second round along with the Jefferson trade. Blair is going to be able to come in and dominate boards right away.

Catfish1314
06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Kings-B: Long-term, I think Rubio will be the better player. But Evans should help a lot now and he can be as good or better than Rubio, but I don't see him as a point guard and that's what the Kings needed most. Love the Casspi pick, not sure about the Brockman pick yet.

Bulls-B: Holiday was on the board and at 16, he was a no-brainer. I like James Johnson and I think he'll make an immediate impact but Holiday would have been the perfect fit next to Rose down the road. Still waiting for them to make a move.

ManRam
06-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Orlando Magic:

We had no draft picks. However, we traded our first (would have been 27th pick) for Rafer Alston, who we paired with Battie (expendable) and Lee (sucks to lose him, but whatever) for Vince. I'll take Vince over Lee and whatever that 27th pick would have gotten us.

Our second round pick was a part of the Lewis S&T deal.

We could have used some draft picks, just because we're now over the cap and only have 8 players, but whatever. I'm content with Rafer/Vince and Lewis.

HT9Canada
06-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Raptors: B+

The overall draft was weak. With the 9th pick, no mistake. A good SG in Derozan. Might be great, we will see his potential. I think the only way the draft grade could be better is what we do in free agentcy. Drafts seem to be alot easier when you only have one pick, especially in the top 10. Don't have to search the world for hidden gems, although props to the teams that may get some this year.

Kjthunder
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I give the thunder a B mainly because i think they could've traded down a couple spots and still gotten harden. im just not sold on him, however landing mullens at 25 could end up being the steal of the draft.

Ray_R
06-26-2009, 01:58 PM
C we didnt draft a guard or made any moves

Kyle N.
06-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I'll give the Kings a B. Evans has the chance to be really good even though I ultimately wanted Rubio. Casspi seems solid. Rodriguez is pretty good. Jon Brockman............. uh......... hopefully the next Ben Wallace.

TYoung21
06-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Philadelphia 76ers
A+
#17 - PG Jrue Holiday

It was a unanimous decision to take Jrue when he slipped all the way down to 17. They said they were estatic when he was still available, because they even considered trading up to snag him. He's only 19 years old and has comparisons to DWade and Deron Williams!

TYoung21
06-26-2009, 05:08 PM
OKC: A-

If Mullens can pan out into what some think he can be, then OKC completely rounded out their future starting lineup.

PG- Westbrook
SG- Harden
SF- Durant
PF- Green
C- Mullens

Good lord if Mullens turns out good, that team has a sick young lineup!

IndyRealist
06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Philadelphia 76ers
A+
#17 - PG Jrue Holiday

It was a unanimous decision to take Jrue when he slipped all the way down to 17. They said they were estatic when he was still available, because they even considered trading up to snag him. He's only 19 years old and has comparisons to DWade and Deron Williams!

Jrue Holiday is the Danny Granger of this draft. 16 teams are going to regret passing on him.

IndyRealist
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Shows how little you actually know about college basketball. Price was an absolute steal at that pick.

Yup. I'd be the first one to tell you that I don't watch college ball. :smoking:

shonk688
06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Kinda hard to grade the draft when none of these guys have played in the NBA yet but ask me again in a couple of years. I guess I'll take a wild guess though. I will give the Pacers a B-.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 07:30 PM
wow... you guys don't like hansbrough much... why?

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 07:31 PM
:rolleyes: haha

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 07:32 PM
what's your team?

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 07:35 PM
i must say i am envious of those 76ers for getting jrue. you got yourself a pg for the future and you didnt even have to move up to get him.
jrue-iggy-young-speights-dalembert/brand w/kapono,williams, and smith being key guys off the bench.
nets already have a pg of the future so we didn't want him. i dont think sac will regret having griffin.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 07:37 PM
i think if the thunder didnt take harden, minny would. him and rubio in the back court would have been interesting.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 07:39 PM
the point is to get the your initial reactions for this draft. i dont see much point in asking in a few years because then we'll have all the stats to say who turned out better. it doesnt mean that a team did particularly bad on draft night though considering what we only know right now. hindsight grades imo are pointless.

zambo4president
06-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Bulls: B
I love the James Johnson pick, tremendous athlete. And Taj Gibson im pretty happy with but most of us wanted Blair/Ellington in this spot.

banglawiz
06-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Spurs with an A
Parker
Mason Jr./Manu
Jefferson
Duncan
Blair
Going to be a good year

U guys Got a Steal in Blair....But that team still not good enough against the Lakers cuz u guys have no size up front....Duncan is ur only true PF (Size wise) and u guys need a Better center then Blair to beat the Lakers Front Court od Gasol, Bynum and LO.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 07:48 PM
yeah ellington mightve helped you out a little more than gibson.

ggb108
06-26-2009, 07:50 PM
knicks drafted good, i'll take it.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 07:51 PM
i cant believe so many people booed jordan hill. he looks like he could build into a bosh kind of guy. and more athletic and stronger

IndyRealist
06-26-2009, 07:52 PM
yeah ellington mightve helped you out a little more than gibson.

Not if they're sure that they're getting Ben Gordon back. Taj gives them post defense, shot blocking, and rebounding. Anything else you get from him is bonus.

banglawiz
06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Lakers - A

Even though all the Buzz was with the clippers but quitely we did good. Cuz the accomplished what they hoped to do save money. We saved more then $6 million by trading two picks and now we have even more to play with to resign LO and Ariza. also we got a guy with the 59 pick who is said to have some potenial and supposobly he would been a higher pick next year if he had stayed in collage.

Good Job Mitch.

cmellofan15
06-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Nuggets - A

We don't usually use our picks but now we got

chicagocubsfan
06-26-2009, 08:21 PM
B+

I wouldve like to see us draft Patty Mills in the 2nd, instead of taylor griffin. The funny thing about the suns drafting taylor griffin- they have drafted the less known brother of the Lopez and Griffin brothers

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 08:25 PM
some extra size at the 2 would be nice.

cmellofan15
06-26-2009, 08:29 PM
The funny thing about the suns drafting taylor griffin- they have drafted the less known brother of the Lopez and Griffin brothers

lmao

shonk688
06-26-2009, 08:39 PM
wow... you guys don't like hansbrough much... why?

Did I say I didn't like him. I was just saying what I think at this point. I mean just because I'm a pacers fan doesn't mean I'm going to give them an A+ like some others on here.

the point is to get the your initial reactions for this draft. i dont see much point in asking in a few years because then we'll have all the stats to say who turned out better. it doesnt mean that a team did particularly bad on draft night though considering what we only know right now. hindsight grades imo are pointless.

Its fine but I think its pointless to grade something you have nothing to prove it with. Right now there are people that are thilled and pissed about there teams picks and have nothing to go off of to be pissed or happy about. They are just going by who they wanted not by who is acually good because we dont know who is good yet. You can not grade someone that has no stats in the NBA.

yanksknicksgmen
06-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Knicks-B
jordan hill was the best player availible and tony douglas was a steal at 29th

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 10:20 PM
and that's a B to you? sure it might not have been the guy you wanted but that stuff happens. I consider a B an average draft. It's not every year you get the best pf available with a steal at 29. The Nets last year did pretty well and got lucky. I gave them an A- since Ryan Anderson is very similar to Yi.

vash9
06-27-2009, 12:30 AM
A- NJ Nets.
I think we got a steal for #11 T-Will. That guy looks up to Magic Johnson, has the pass first mentality, and at the same time, copies Lebron's style of play. He's built. He could play the 1-3. A-

epgelinas
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Celtics- Incomplete.

Check this later on.... He'll probably not only make team but get playing time! He's solid and mature!

arkanian215
07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I heard people saying he was a top 5 talent because of his "maturity." I hope they're right. Anyway, I like the kid. He will be awesome.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Raptors got my boy Demar Derozan. He's going to live up to his potetntial IMO.

BigAl25
07-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Il give my wolves a c+ i didint like drafting two point guards.

SeoulBeatz
07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
The funny thing about the suns drafting taylor griffin- they have drafted the less known brother of the Lopez and Griffin brothers

**** i never noticed how girly all their names were too

Brooke
Robin
Taylor
Blake

whats up with that?

Brooklyn Mets
07-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Team - New York Knicks
Grade B

They drafted Jordan Hill and didn't buy into the hype of Jrue who fell to 16 or Jenings at 10.
We got a combo guard at 29 who plays defense and can shoot, he is already a plus over Nate Robinons for helping us play better defense and score. Most importantly we traded Q-Bricks for a solid 7-footer who will fit great Darko Milicic.

We added 3 defensive players with good offensive contributions, each can hit a mid range shot and when 2 of those 3 are 6'10 and 7'0 that's a bonus :)

I really liked how we went about the draft, hard to get a PG with Minny taking them all.

i gave the Knicks a B too..
just picking up Jordan Hill wouldve given them a C+ but getting the Lakers draft pick to get Douglass and trading Q for Darko brought them to a B.. overall i'd say it was a good draft night.. not as many moves happened as i thought though..

SpeeMN
07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
B Timberwolves

RUBIO slipped to us so we had to take him, can't blame us. GREAT deal for us.
Flynn was the guy we coveted at point guard, so we took him anyways since Tyreke was gone.
I wish there was a way to have kept Lawson but we get a future fitrst rounder for him in hopefully a deep draft. Scary to think he was Number 1 on hollinger's draft rater.
Ellington will hopefully be something, nice pick for us.

If it wasn't for Rubio not wanting to sign here yet I would have given the Twolves a better grade. And it's obvious to me that Kahn will trade Rubio.

phillychi009
07-02-2009, 02:09 PM
76ers i give an A-

Getting Jru Holiday at 17 was a steal of the draft. We have are future PG and someone that i think will be an allstar in 2-4 years.

CityofTreez
07-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Sacramento Kings: B+

Geoff Petrie wanted toughness, and he surely got it!

Tyreke Evans is the most ready NBA player in the draft, IMO, and he can play PG/SG/SF w/ his size & wingspan! He wil surely be an All-Star in the 3-4 years and w/ Kevin Martin, I have no doubt, they'll run the court

Omri Casspi: Tough SF, but we really have alot of SF on this team as of right now! Anyone want their teams to have a trade involving Nocioni/Udrih (expiring contract 4 Noc), but he has also of potential and I actually wanted him over Sam Young! 1st Israeli to play in the NBA: let's see how he does

Jon Brockman: undersized PF who puts his body on the line: tough is what petrie liked in him, also Hawes is his best friend from Washington. I really liked this pick because we swapped w/ Portland to receive Sergio Rodriguez & Brockman for Jeff Pendergraph, and I hate ASU, that's just me! Rodriguez has already played in the NBA and is more ready than some of the draft picks this year.

The_Pharouh
07-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Mavs B
first we had only one pick and we traded down to get another 3 second round picks 2 of them in this draft and got the guy our GM wanted
Roddy Beabous :a very fast and athletic PG who can play also at SG ,he can definitely defend and score and also rebounds but on the other hand when a PG average more rebounds than assist these isn't a good sign
Calathes: a good young player who can pass score rebound and he will play next season with the best Franchise overseas for a decent money that indicate he will actually play minutes and he will be coached by the best coach in Euroleague history ,simply he will be a solid player in the future
Ahmad Nivins:both Hoopsworld&Nbadraft.net says that he is steal at 56 and both stats and highlight says he can make it it to the NBA and who knows may be he is going to be our next Bass

arkanian215
07-02-2009, 04:34 PM
im surprised there are so many A's. either your gm's did well or you had lower expectations this year.