PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota's GM picked 3 PGs???

MGB
06-26-2009, 03:25 AM
srsly?!? I'm not a MN fan nor a hater, but for real man, they had some high picks and picked 3 PG's!?!?!? They had better have a big trade on the horizon or something brewing in the works or their GM needs to get bent over the knee and spanked with the belt.

MGB
06-26-2009, 03:26 AM
I don't want to sound like a damn newb douche either, but c'mon, does anyone think MIN made wise draft picks?

abe_froman
06-26-2009, 03:28 AM
rubio-because he cant be passed up,he's too good not to take and they need a pg.but he doesnt want to play there and might find a way out of it
flynn-needing a pg badly and insurance if rubio leaves them in the dust

they dont want to be without one and dont want to be left with nothing if the pg they want(rubio)is able to find a way from going there

zambo4president
06-26-2009, 03:31 AM
I don't want to sound like a damn newb douche either, but c'mon, does anyone think MIN made wise draft picks?

Yeah they did actually. Rubio has alot of promise to him, Flynn has a motor and brings alot of intensity, Lawson is being traded to Denver, Ellington can shoot for days and is really athletic, and as far as the foreign guy goes ihave no idea. They didnt need bigs, and there is rumor that Rubio may stay in Europe, so maybe Minny knew that and took Flynn to run the team now and bring over Rubio later, and as far as Lawson goes they get a future 1st rounder which is always nice to have and can be used as a trading piece.

MGB
ya but damn man, they had a chance to rebuild their entire franchise and they draft 3 freaking PG's?!?!?!?!?!?

J-Relo
they had to pick RUBIO (if not for themselfs then trade)

Flynn is really good too, so I believe they will trade one of them...

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 03:34 AM
Wait to see what they do with rubio before you judge.

MGB
06-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Wait to see what they do with rubio before you judge.

I may have come across as judging, but OMFG 3PGs?!@?!??!?!?!? I'm pissed as a basketball fan. I'm pissed at the Bulls with our picks, but I"m mad as hell as a basketball fan for the moves the Wolves GM made with the opportunities they had.

Flamarlins21
06-26-2009, 03:43 AM
I assume your title is referring to the hangover right?

AMC31
06-26-2009, 03:43 AM
They will trade one of them

MGB
06-26-2009, 03:46 AM
I assume your title is referring to the hangover right?

hahaha :clap: good catch man, but ya seriously, 3 high picks and you take all PG's?

hockeypro68
06-26-2009, 03:56 AM
That is EXACTLY how I felt. I was Baffled with the first 2 in a row...then a third?

GoatMilk
06-26-2009, 04:06 AM
well they traded the 3rd PG to Denver
Rubio is threatening leaving the NBA to stay in Europe for 2 or 3 years

And he was alluding to signing Mark Jackson as coach. yikes, that sounds like disaster. Did you hear him talk tonight? he will make a horrible NBA coach IMO

McFail > this dude

Droopie28
06-26-2009, 04:13 AM
I dont really know if rubio's shots are there, he can pass like nobody else.... but i mean you need to have all aspects in your game

Flynn on the other hand is like a baron davis, hes extremly strong, fast, and can just change the game, I think he was a better pick than rubio IMO only

GoatMilk
06-26-2009, 04:18 AM
i like flynn a lot, but he's a product of a weak draft.
it was no mistake why he was in the bottom of everyone's mocks not too long ago

x the game x
06-26-2009, 04:25 AM
it does look pretty dumb but wait and see

Tom2634
06-26-2009, 04:28 AM
I just realized, Wolves GM David Kahn isn't special, it's simple...he has Alzheimers. Look for the T'Wolves to hire 3 head coaches in the coming weeks.

borat
06-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Should of picked Curry. Even if Rubio leaves or whatever he could have run the point.

Rubio and Curry in at the same time makes a lot more sense than having Rubio play the 2 when Flynn is in.

Don Starks
06-26-2009, 05:10 AM
they had to pick RUBIO (if not for themselfs then trade)

Flynn is really good too, so I believe they will trade one of them...

nobody held a gun to Kahns head and said he had to draft this guy, that is garbage. he would have been better off drafting flynn and then someone like derozan. two PGs are silly unless he trades one. from what i hear Kahn loves Rubio. it all depends if Kahn is going to be stubborn and just let rubio walk back to spain or if he is going to try to make some kind of a trade in which he gets some great talent. personally i dont think anyone is going to send over a lot of talent because lets be honest, his drafting theory is kind of silly. two PGs to one team? someone is going to call his bluff.i could see some veteran GM tell this Kahn character he can either come away with some standard veterans or get nothing and watch rubio go back to spain. thus losing his number 5 pick. then he basically only has Flynn which isnt bad but leaves Minny with a lot of holes in their lineup.

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 09:30 AM
They went best payer available, and didn't budge from hat stance. I think they took another PG in the second round too. I like Flynn better than Rubio, but I am not sure how he will do off of the ball...Because neither he or Rubio is much of a shooter. Minnesota needs Corey Brewer to show that he has some talent this season.

ttam68
06-26-2009, 10:28 AM
nobody held a gun to Kahns head and said he had to draft this guy, that is garbage. he would have been better off drafting flynn and then someone like derozan. two PGs are silly unless he trades one. from what i hear Kahn loves Rubio. it all depends if Kahn is going to be stubborn and just let rubio walk back to spain or if he is going to try to make some kind of a trade in which he gets some great talent. personally i dont think anyone is going to send over a lot of talent because lets be honest, his drafting theory is kind of silly. two PGs to one team? someone is going to call his bluff.i could see some veteran GM tell this Kahn character he can either come away with some standard veterans or get nothing and watch rubio go back to spain. thus losing his number 5 pick. then he basically only has Flynn which isnt bad but leaves Minny with a lot of holes in their lineup.

Thats true, I'm sure GMs assume one of those guys is available. But, Kahn still has leverage because the GMs have to compete against each other. If a team low balls him he can go to the other 29 and try to make a deal. If Rubio's available, GMs will get competitive and the offers will be decent.

azkarraga
06-26-2009, 10:43 AM
in love minesota GM. he's got two big ba***. (may be thats why he need so many pg, he needs help in the handling..) I guess he's got a very good agenda behind his moves; if he doesnt, hes gonna have a very angry fan base.

azkarraga
06-26-2009, 10:46 AM
i havent seen Flynn play. but you say its a byron davis kind of player. Ive seen rubio a lot, he's a kidd kind of player.

i cant say which one is better, but i preffer a kidd like kid no matter what.

NJrockPD
06-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I feel like pgs were the most talented position in the draft so they snatched them all up and they're going to shop them for some vets.

Swift n Sil3nt
06-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Im a Knicks fan and i really wanted to end up with Curry/Rubio, so as much as i want to say the Timberwolves had a terrible draft, they actually had an amazing draft. Ricky Rubio is probably the second best player in the draft, but because of his buyout/desire to play for a larger market, several teams passed up on him, some teams like Sacramento that even needed a pointguard.

I believe they got the best point guard in the draft with the fifth pick.

With the six pick they could have gone multiple ways. There werent many talented men left on the board. Do you take Jordan Hill? Its a possibility, but with Al Jefferson and Kevin Love in the frontcourt, two young big men, Hill would be more of a bench player than anything else and thats not what you want.

Do you take Stephen Curry? Again you can consider doing this if you think Rubio and Curry can mesh well, especially since Curry is a multidimensional guard who can play the PG as we learned last year, or his natural position the SG. However, Curry also expressed his desire to play for the Knicks, and that could scare teams. He is also not the best defender, but he is a flat-out shooter. And then theres Jonny Flynn. The up tempo PG that can get to the rim and is the great leader of the team. He would really push everyone else on that roster, although i dont think hes going to be too special in the soon to be future. Toss up between Curry and Flynn, they went with Flynn

The other player that was interesting was Demar Derozan, but it was too early to take him so unless they traded down it would have made little sense, and because they already had a plethora of picks, that was prolly not an option

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I think they were set on choosing the best player available no matter what and dealing with the problem later.

MAC10TIZZY
06-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah they did actually. Rubio has alot of promise to him, Flynn has a motor and brings alot of intensity, Lawson is being traded to Denver, Ellington can shoot for days and is really athletic, and as far as the foreign guy goes ihave no idea. They didnt need bigs, and there is rumor that Rubio may stay in Europe, so maybe Minny knew that and took Flynn to run the team now and bring over Rubio later, and as far as Lawson goes they get a future 1st rounder which is always nice to have and can be used as a trading piece.

i just dont get it, how can a player be drafted and then not play. fran vazques did it to us...smh...how does this happen? and even let them in the draft, all that does is get the fan base excited, and for what?

La11
06-26-2009, 11:18 AM
i just dont get it, how can a player be drafted and then not play. fran vazques did it to us...smh...how does this happen? and even let them in the draft, all that does is get the fan base excited, and for what?

soo we wont let gm and teams pick players and send them or let them stay in europe to gain more experience and come back in a few years. Anyways, I'm predicting Minny trading rubio to a team. possibility NY

Flamarlins21
06-26-2009, 11:20 AM
hahaha :clap: good catch man, but ya seriously, 3 high picks and you take all PG's?

It is quite suspect.

koreancabbage
06-26-2009, 11:21 AM
i'm pretty sure they'll let Rubio develop in Europe and 2-3 years time, when he's like 21, they'll bring him over. the NBA will be tough on him since he's so skinny. Flynn will play for now as the current PG. Rubio is almost a once-in-a-lifetime caliber passer/PG. the guy plays the game with flair and poise.

if Rubio bulks up, NBA watch out in 2-3 years time

cheetos185
06-26-2009, 11:22 AM
He's going overseas because he can't pay off his contract if he had gone to a big market like NY or Kings than he would've stayed.

Raidaz4Life
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I really am surprised they passed on Derozan and Curry... I think they will regret it.

rabzouz 96
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM

yeah i think its a very low class move by rubio, who the fcuk is he that he can demand which team he plays for? if youre in the draft play for the team you get drafted by or dont go to the draft. its clear that he would play for other teams and that hed get his minutes, its not like hes a project on the spurs who needs his time to develop, so dont do taht im staying in europe ****.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 11:28 AM
On kevin Love's Twitter, he was saying "what are we doing??????" , "that's the 3rd pg" and "we better do something!"

It's sad when your own players are questioning your actions

Oefarmy2005
06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
On kevin Love's Twitter, he was saying "what are we doing??????" , "that's the 3rd pg" and "we better do something!"

I think that Kevin Love knows that this GM would have kept Mayo last year.

Phat Pat 94
06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
i thought they did good :shrug:

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 02:08 PM

He was thinking like any normal fan of a team. But as soon as Lawson was dealt they said that he was going to Denver. So Minnesota had thought this out. They weren't just picking a 3rd PG & then going to wait for things to develop. I was surprised that this team bypassed on Curry.

I think that Flynn can be better than Rubio, but playing off the ball will hamper him. He is not a shooter. This pairing is not going to work unless one or both of them improve their jump shot tremendously.

I'm not sure who they plan on starting at SF, but whoever it is better be a 3 point shooter. Between the two guard spots & PF/C the best long range shooter in their starting lineup is......Kevin Love. :hide:

CityofTreez
06-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow! What a market for the Spanish sensation!

I'll give him a year or two before he bolts or Flynn

DitchDat
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
will Rubio be traded to Sacramento? What would they give up for him?

yuns554
06-26-2009, 02:27 PM
too many people are overrating him yes he is a good passer but he is turnover prone because he goes for homerun passes. hes too skinny and he has no jumper at all i dont think you can compare him to kidd because he cant rebound that well either

cheetos185
06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
will Rubio be traded to Sacramento? What would they give up for him?

if they wanted him they would've picked him at #4