PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted Free Agents

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 12:57 AM
any news about undrafted kids being signed would be cool to hear about.

i can't believe Tyrese Rice didnt get picked. nor Jeff Adrien.

I know the Celtics picked up Tennessee SG Chris Lofton for the summer league.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Dionte Christmas from Temple was a surprise

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 01:11 AM
along with wesley mathews. there was a lot of players i cant believe werent taken over some guy playing against mediocre talent in africa.

Unec
06-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Sixers will pick up christmas!! Hopefully lol

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Sixers will pick up christmas!! Hopefully lol

It would be Christmas for them. He's a good player!

ggb108
06-26-2009, 01:32 AM
i was hoping we would take a look at christmas or heytvelt, but i guess after hill and darko we really don't need another big

greg_ory_2005
06-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Christmas!

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 01:44 AM
wow it really makes u think just how hard is it to make the NBA.

ill make a case for my boy Rice.

Tyrese Rice. #4 Sr. Boston College.
Played against Lawson, Teague, McClinton, Grievas, Paulus, Toney Douglas. some incredible talent.
Scored 2,000 points at BC.
Led BC to the NCAA Tourny this year with honestly an AWFUL team around him.
Beat UNC in UNC this year. Scored 46 pts in a game against them last year.
Beat Duke this year as well.

I mean cmon, Il take an experienced PG who knows how to score, has good range, played tough opponents, and was the captain of a team over some guy like sergio liull or whoever these random guys are playing in a league that is good, but man lets see go into UNC and win. lets see them go to UCLA and face that atmosphere.

Hanzinho
06-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Josh Heytvelt, Dionte Christmas and Tyrese Rice...

I hope my Green's sign someone...

:sigh:

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 01:53 AM
Knicks could use christmas as depth

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 02:02 AM
enough with dionte "second comming" christmas. lets see where he signs for summer league. everyone can use a scorer like him.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 02:10 AM
I just like the name....."Christmas". YEAH!

_KB24_
06-26-2009, 02:13 AM
Rice not being selected is total BS. They has some kid from ****ing Israel but not this proven kid. Complete BS.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Rice is listed at 6'1'' but he's only 5'10. He's a scoring point guard which doesn't fit well in the nba. I don't blame teams for not picking him in the draft. I'm pretty sure someone will pick him up though.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Rice is listed at 6'1'' but he's only 5'10. He's a scoring point guard which doesn't fit well in the nba. I don't blame teams for not picking him in the draft. I'm pretty sure someone will pick him up though.

im not saying he is amazing, but for a second round pick, id love my Celtics to pick him up. I know his scoring is what stands out, but believe me when I say this kid can pass, but his teammates were just about terrible.

it just amazes me how Allan Ray. yea, remember that guy cant even make the NBA. just shows how impossible it is to make it big.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 02:28 AM
75% of 2nd round picks are chance picks anyways. If you look at it like that, the 2nd round is the true lottery.

harsh506
06-26-2009, 02:30 AM
talks yesterday were that the celts were gonna move up for rice or adrien so them being undrafted is crazy. Some people also had christmas late first round/early 2nd so that is somewhat intersting also

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 02:31 AM
I'm looking forward to see who picked up the undrafted free agents.

iluvsports2much
06-26-2009, 02:34 AM
im not saying he is amazing, but for a second round pick, id love my Celtics to pick him up. I know his scoring is what stands out, but believe me when I say this kid can pass, but his teammates were just about terrible.

it just amazes me how Allan Ray. yea, remember that guy cant even make the NBA. just shows how impossible it is to make it big.

rajon rondo....hes not good enough for you?i think rite now hes a top 5 point...then you got eddie house as a backup,he shoots lights out...i dont think the celts really need him

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 02:36 AM
75% of 2nd round picks are chance picks anyways. If you look at it like that, the 2nd round is the true lottery.

definetly.

but u know what, I think this draft lacked superstar power, but I see a lot of players in the 2nd round who will have good careers. starting with Blair and Sam Young.

MSU Spartans313
06-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Rice is 6 even and i think he deserved atleast a mid 2nd round draft pick. Does anyone know if tyler smith from Tennessee just didnt get drafted or returned to school, he was one of my favorite players?

SeoulBeatz
06-26-2009, 02:40 AM
christmassss!!!

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Blair should have a good career even at the 4 spot standing 6'7

adrew35
06-26-2009, 04:01 AM
I heard Knicks going to sign Wink Adams and will play for summer leauge.
He is from my fav college team UNLV.

anyone know a site that tells you which times sign which udfa?

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 05:08 AM
I heard Knicks going to sign Wink Adams and will play for summer leauge.
He is from my fav college team UNLV.

anyone know a site that tells you which times sign which udfa?

I'm sure NBA.com or espn will.

Giannis94
06-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Jerel Mcneal
Wesley Matthews
Dominic James

JWO35
06-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Dionte Christmas from Temple
I hope he makes it to the NBA, he was great in college

CELTICS4LYFE
06-26-2009, 08:10 AM
rice not being selected is total bs. They has some kid from ****ing israel but not this proven kid. Complete bs.

my thoughts too lol

bignate14
06-26-2009, 08:15 AM

Hmmm.. almost like eddie house and look where he's at

IndyRealist
06-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Blair should have a good career even at the 4 spot standing 6'7

6'5" without shoes, according to the measurements at the combine.

Trouble87
06-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Dionte Christmas from Temple was a surprise

huge surprise... someone will snatch him up real quick this summer

Giannis94
06-26-2009, 09:02 AM
I hope hte bucks pick up one of the guys preferabally dominic james from marquette. It was so fun to watch the little 3 play together in the Bradley center.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 09:07 AM
jeff adrien has pretty much the same stats as dejuan blair. check it out at draftexpress. anyway he doesn't have blair's skill set but i think he could be a decent role player if you're looking for someone to box out and grab rebs.

Ollie Tabooger
06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
any news about undrafted kids being signed would be cool to hear about.

i can't believe Tyrese Rice didnt get picked. nor Jeff Adrien.

I know the Celtics picked up Tennessee SG Chris Lofton for the summer league.

Wow i didnt know about this, but thats awesome. He was my favorite college player for 4 years and i can't wait to see if he gets a chance in the nba. I wanted to see jerel mcneal and aj abrams get drafted. I knew abrams wouldn't, but i thought mcneal woulda gotten drafted at least late in the second round. I hope they both get a chance to play for some team.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Jerel Mcneal
Wesley Matthews
Dominic James

cant believe none of them got picked. Dominic james is a great leader and PG.

BleedGreen1014
06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
i figured Paul Harris had a shot to be drafted, because he is a big, physical, strong guy who rebounds very well and has a developing mid range jumper
and Eric Devendorf as well, great shooter/slasher but bad character issues so that was understandable

JayAllDay
06-26-2009, 12:50 PM
i figured Paul Harris had a shot to be drafted, because he is a big, physical, strong guy who rebounds very well and has a developing mid range jumper
and Eric Devendorf as well, great shooter/slasher but bad character issues so that was understandable

I agree with your sentiment regarding Paul Harris, but considering Gerry McNamara didn't get drafted after that absolutely BAT **** INSANE run in the Big East tournament, I really didn't see Devendorf having a chance to get drafted.

IndiansFan337
06-27-2009, 11:15 AM

I'm not surprised at all about either of them.

Harris is a 6'5 PF. To say that he's undersized would be an understatement.

Devendorf has a lot of character issues.

Philliephanatic
06-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Christmas is playing on the sixers summer league team they said it on TV yesterday

Hustla23
06-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I can't believe Jeff Adrien wasn't picked.

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-27-2009, 11:49 AM

Devendorf sucks. He's a ball hog and cannot put the ball on the floor. He makes huge mistakes and he's a huge defensive liability.

ruslan898
06-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Dionte Christmas has agreed to play (blurb is in the "Free Throws" box on the left hand side) on the Sixers Orlando Summer League team.

There is still the Vegas Summer League. Then there is training camp. Orlando is just the first step.

But, the former Temple guard and three-time Atlantic 10 scoring champ has a home and a team...for now. And, bear with me here, it's is hometown team. Haha great writing, I know.

Apparantly Christmas will not be paid, other than food and whatnot, for his play. It's basically a chance to show the GMs around the league that they made a huge mistake by not drafting him Thursday night.

What can Chrismtas do to make the Sixers' opening day roster, you ask?

Out-play Jason Kapono, somehow, some way. The Sixers gave up a man who can rebound the ball like crazy yet can't make in a layup in Reggie Evans to get Kapono. So Kapono won't just be cut.

Christmas needs to flatout out-shoot him, and then some. Or, he needs to hope Kapono gets injured.

And with the Sixers' timely retro fade, how sweet would it be to see a local product in old school red, white and blue?

http://www.examiner.com/x-3469-Temple-Owls-Examiner~y2009m6d27-Dionte-Christmas-Philadelphia-76er

PhillyFan04
06-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Dionte Christmas has agreed to play (blurb is in the "Free Throws" box on the left hand side) on the Sixers Orlando Summer League team.

There is still the Vegas Summer League. Then there is training camp. Orlando is just the first step.

But, the former Temple guard and three-time Atlantic 10 scoring champ has a home and a team...for now. And, bear with me here, it's is hometown team. Haha great writing, I know.

Apparantly Christmas will not be paid, other than food and whatnot, for his play. It's basically a chance to show the GMs around the league that they made a huge mistake by not drafting him Thursday night.

What can Chrismtas do to make the Sixers' opening day roster, you ask?

Out-play Jason Kapono, somehow, some way. The Sixers gave up a man who can rebound the ball like crazy yet can't make in a layup in Reggie Evans to get Kapono. So Kapono won't just be cut.

Christmas needs to flatout out-shoot him, and then some. Or, he needs to hope Kapono gets injured.

And with the Sixers' timely retro fade, how sweet would it be to see a local product in old school red, white and blue?

http://www.examiner.com/x-3469-Temple-Owls-Examiner~y2009m6d27-Dionte-Christmas-Philadelphia-76er

Christmas got a spot im sure (if Rush made it last year and they still have that spot open and the sixers better give it to him) Kapono pretty much took ivy's spot (Jason Smith took Evan's spot) and if sixers smart they either put Green at end of bench or trade him somehow for mins for Christmas and Kapono

ruslan898
06-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Sixers should use Dionte for marketing purposes. I'm pretty sure that more spectators will show up just to see a local guy play for the Sixers.
Also, Marshall's and Ratliff's spots are also open.

PhillyFan04
06-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Sixers should use Dionte for marketing purposes. I'm pretty sure that more spectators will show up just to see a local guy play for the Sixers.
Also, Marshall's and Ratliff's spots are also open.

yeah duh forgot about them spots 2, he better be on the team, and yes would bring alot more spectators

BTownTeamsRKing
06-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Tyrese Rice went to thw wiz. Jeff Adrien went to the girz

arkanian215
06-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Jeff Adrien doesn't have much talent. He measures the same as Blair but he is not as skilled. He's also a senior.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-27-2009, 04:13 PM
I think Adrien could become an SF