PDA

View Full Version : Draft Winners and Losers

VCaintdead17
06-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Who do you think were the winners and losers of the 09 draft? I personally think that the Thunder had one of the best if not THE best picks with with a great all around player in Harden and perhaps their center of the future in BJ Mullens. They acquired Robert Vaden as well, who might be able to turn into a solid role player.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 12:18 AM
The wizards had the best draft! You can't fail with no picks kept.

lakers4sho
06-26-2009, 12:25 AM
BJ Mullens center of the future??

lakers4sho
06-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Minny could've been easily the draft winners had they not drafted for the purpose of the trading those picks.

drob33
06-26-2009, 12:27 AM
I think the Grizzlies did a terrible job, with what they had to work with. I think Thabeet will be a bust, but am slightly interested to see how Carroll will turn out.

GSW fan
06-26-2009, 12:28 AM
i think they can be a special team with Flynn and Rubio out there together.

It would be better if they trade Flynn to the W's tho :)

GSW fan
06-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Once again, Portland quietly had a great draft

Yanks All Day
06-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Spurs. How in the world did they get both Blair and McClinton in the second round?? That gives them a potential lineup of:

Parker
Mason
Jefferson
Duncan
Bonner

A healthy Manu Ginbili is a perennial 6th man of the year/ allstar calibur player. Blair off the bench is high energy and can grab a ton of rebounds. McClinton can shoot the lights out of the gym. The Spurs look like a pretty legit contender right about now.

J$mo0th_3o5
06-26-2009, 12:35 AM
I wanted McClinton:(

WoodbridgeSkins
San Antonio got a steal in the 2nd round with Dejuan Blair who could start at 4 if duncan plays 5. They also got Parker a lil French buddy.

SeoulBeatz
Minny had a great draft. But i think they should trade Rubio away. I don't see Rubio staying in Minny. His agent is apparently infuriated and he may threaten to keep Rubio in spain.

but.. they got a steal in Wayne Ellington at the bottom of the round.

Charlotte made a poor decision in drafting Henderson. He will be the next dahntay jones, which aint bad, but thats not what they need.

A little confused at Indy with the Hansborough pick seeing as they have a slew of 6'8 white guys but who knows.

I wish Rubio would've gone to the knicks cus that would give me a reason to go to games. (although im a sixers fan, i moved to queens a couple years ago)... kinda a buzzkill

BigEric
06-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Thunder had an EXCELLENT draft. If the Twolves had taken Derozan along with one of their PG's, then they would've had the best hands down.

lakers4sho
06-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Once again, Portland quietly had a great draft

I'm not too sold on the Victor Claver pick. The dude was a 30th pick at best.

They would have done better with Omri Casspi. Batum+Casspi would give them a nice depth on the 3 spot, plus it would make Martell Webster expendable, probably for serviceable PG they are desperately looking for.

LT.CARDWISIE
06-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Sixers losers because they needed a PG and they get a SG that cant even shoot:mad::mad::mad:

jacquewho?
06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Pacers lose.

Took another white guy.

jim51990
06-26-2009, 12:45 AM
agree 100% with the spurs being the winner as a PC fan i can attest to how great of shooter McClinton is he made like 15 3s against us in the NIT

what54!?
06-26-2009, 12:48 AM
the thunder. Got harden and stole mullens away in the late first for some french dude. damn their gonna be good. If I'm a thunder fan I'm happy

yuns554
06-26-2009, 12:48 AM
i thought minnesota shoudve taken steph curry i dont know if flynn or rubio would work that well because neither shoots that well but we will see

memphis are losers they should not hav taken carroll wit blair/ellington on the board

san antonio are obvious winners wit blair and mcclinton

didnt think the blazers had that great of a draft idk about claver he was taken too early and pendergraph and cunningham arent anything special they did get patty mills though whos a steal

sixers got lucky wit holiday droppin

rabzouz 96
06-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Spurs. How in the world did they get both Blair and McClinton in the second round?? That gives them a potential lineup of:

Parker
Mason
Jefferson
Duncan
Bonner

A healthy Manu Ginbili is a perennial 6th man of the year/ allstar calibur player. Blair off the bench is high energy and can grab a ton of rebounds. McClinton can shoot the lights out of the gym. The Spurs look like a pretty legit contender right about now.

they had that lineup without the draft too.

i think gsw did the knicks a big favor and made them one of the draft winners.

yuns554
06-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Sixers losers because they needed a PG and they get a SG that cant even shoot:mad::mad::mad:

hes a pg the sixers are lucky he dropped hes a great defender and he has amazing potential

KnicksorBust
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
I'd love to get feedback on this but I think my Knicks are legit winners in this draft.

Jordan Hill at #8 is a great pick and roll player with a decent jumper who can block shots. He makes David Lee tradeable.

Toney Douglas at #29 is a high scoring guard who can hit a 3 and was ACC Defensive Player of the Year. He makes Nate Robinson expendable as well.

Both are fantastic fits in Mike D's system. No HUGE splash but I think we got great value at both of our picks and have positioned ourselves to have trade pieces to get a legit PG or an unhappy star.

Caution1011
06-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Spurs had a great draft, but my Heat had a horrible draft. I hate the bucks they took Jodie Meeks and Riley got scared of pulling the trigger on McClinton

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Spurs. Blair is the steal of the draft.

Living Legend
Winners: Golden State because they got Curry at 7

Living Legend
For the record BJ Mullens is borderline awful

nygiants242
06-26-2009, 12:57 AM
hes a pg the sixers are lucky he dropped hes a great defender and he has amazing potential

Completely agree. That guy is a crackpot. What a steal for the Sixers, this guy was a lottery pick for sure, and they got him at 17. Great size for a PG, I love him.

BALLER71
06-26-2009, 12:57 AM
San Antonio Spurs had a great draft.
Losers: Miami.

bball1217
06-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Winner: Houston Rockets

Came in with nothing bought two second round picks and traded for one by giving away a future 2nd round pick.

Got:
Jermaine Taylor (sleeper in this draft)
Sergio Llull (overseas project)
Chase Budinger (fell very far from first round, a lot of potential)

They can't really lose since they did not really give away anyone.

Chronz
06-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Thunder had an EXCELLENT draft. If the Twolves had taken Derozan along with one of their PG's, then they would've had the best hands down.

Your mad, I have a feeling Derozan is going to bust badly, his statistical markers are very poor

danbuc0101
06-26-2009, 01:02 AM
I'd love to get feedback on this but I think my Knicks are legit winners in this draft.

Jordan Hill at #8 is a great pick and roll player with a decent jumper who can block shots. He makes David Lee tradeable.

Toney Douglas at #29 is a high scoring guard who can hit a 3 and was ACC Defensive Player of the Year. He makes Nate Robinson expendable as well.

Both are fantastic fits in Mike D's system. No HUGE splash but I think we got great value at both of our picks and have positioned ourselves to have trade pieces to get a legit PG or an unhappy star.

Of course you think the knicks were winners if they would have taken hansborough im sure you would find some way to justify that.

jacquewho?
06-26-2009, 01:04 AM

Yes. Agreed. They were a winner, but they weren't the clear cut winner IMO. Hill was an excellent pick as was Douglas.

ggb108
06-26-2009, 01:08 AM
hill and douglas were solid picks, and getting darko for nothing was good too

definitely did not hurt themselves

Chronz
06-26-2009, 01:08 AM

Jordan Hill is a guy Im going to watch very closely this year because of the interesting #'s vs the eyes dilemna, coming into the draft I thought he was perfect for the Knicks, he provides everything they need for their system theres just one problem. His #'s were awful, in particular his BBall IQ marks with his passing efficiency, but the more I think about it, the less it should matter in NY. I think hes found the perfect home, if it hadnt been the Knicks I wouldve thought of him as a likely bust even though I like what hes good at, I dont know how well it will translate into the pros.

Unec
06-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Sixers & the spurs got the biggest steals/drops imo!! Jrue hoilday droppin to the sixers and blair droppin to the spurs!!

By far the steals in the draft

jacquewho?
06-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Of course you think the knicks were winners if they would have taken hansborough im sure you would find some way to justify that.

I'm not even gonna try to do that for my pacers :mad:

DQL
06-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Miami was the biggest loser. They got Marcus Thornton but then trade for 2 ****ing 2nd round picks. The other guys they got in Beverly and Dozier probably wont make the team. What a joke. Instead of getting as much talent as possible to convince Wade to stay he completely blew it

Unec
06-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Oh and mark my words about this (pacers fans may disagree) tyler hansborough will be something special for the pacers!! And no i dont think they reached, he is the third maybe the second best big man in the draft behind griffen and thabeet and maybe hill!! I think only griffen will be better than him in the nba!! Tyler wont settle for less and wont stop until u kill him. He is a warrior!! Pacers fans will love him in 2 years

Yanks All Day
they had that lineup without the draft too.

i think gsw did the knicks a big favor and made them one of the draft winners.

I'm aware that they had that lineup before the draft, but drafting those two, along with hopefully getting everyone healthy, gives them much needed depth and 2 or 3 legitimate scoring options off the bench. Very rarely do draft picks come into the NBA, start right away, and be productive. If they can get solid minutes out of McClinton and Blair, simply as energy players, and feed off the big 3 of Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, then the Spurs might just have enough firepower to challenge the Lakers, especially with both Odom and Ariza no guarantees to return.

Korman12
Winners: Thunder, Kings, Knicks, Bucks, Sixers, Spurs

Losers: Grizzlies, Wizards

Undecided: Timberwolves, Warriors, Bobcats, Bulls

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Winners: Thunder, Kings, Knicks, Bucks, Sixers, Spurs

Losers: Grizzlies, Wizards

Undecided: Timberwolves, Warriors, Bobcats, Bulls

How are the Wizards losers? They got 2 starting caliber players in foye and miller. They're not done trading yet either.

KingOf215
06-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Jrue Holiday at #17 is freaking highway robbery. Sixers = Winners.

Mckphins
06-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Sixers & the spurs got the biggest steals/drops imo!! Jrue hoilday droppin to the sixers and blair droppin to the spurs!!

By far the steals in the draft

Everyone always says this when big names fall! There had to be a reason they got picked later

Korman12
06-26-2009, 01:24 AM
How are the Wizards losers? They got 2 starting caliber players in foye and miller. They're not done trading yet either

I don't really base that on the Minnesota trade, but rather what they actually did during the draft, having only one second round pick and giving it away.

KnicksorBust
06-26-2009, 01:26 AM

No I don't think Hansbrough would have been a good fit on the Knicks. OH WAIT. IS THIS SOME KIND OF HILARIOUS SARCASTIC REMARK? Oh man I fell for that one!! :laugh: Well done! Your dynamic wit must keep your one friend so entertained. Just kidding... BTW though, if you're going to make that kind of a post next time try and pick a player's name who can you spell right. Tyler Hansbrough. If you disagree my posts, then explain your opinion in a coherent manner and I'll be interested but don't quote my **** with a lame comment like that.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't really base that on the Minnesota trade, but rather what they actually did during the draft, having only one second round pick and giving it away.

That makes no sense! They didn't want to keep that pick in the first place. They knew before the draft started that they were going to trade the rights to someone for cash. How are they losers when they have one pick that is in the second round? The wizards want to win now and they want veteran help. Waiting for a player to develop was not an option.

Korman12
06-26-2009, 01:31 AM
That makes no sense! They didn't want to keep that pick in the first place. They knew before the draft started that they were going to trade the rights to someone for cash. How are they losers when they have one pick that is in the second round?

Because in draft situations you tend to want to have at least one pick, regardless of the talent in the draft. Again, the reason I said this is not based on what the team wanted to do with the pick prior to the actual draft or anything like that, just basing it what happened during the draft. The actual importance of what they did is minimal, yes, but the reason I listed them is because they didn't even try to pick one player.

THE MTL
06-26-2009, 01:34 AM
First of all, I really think that the Knicks are a winner in the draft.

1. Drafting Jordan Hill still addresses a need at PF/C. He has great potential and makes players on our roster expendable since Walsh aint trying to ruin salary cap.

2. Buying the 29th pick and drafting Toney Douglas. Nice combo guard. Hey the Knicks got two firsts.

3. Trading Q-Rich for Darko Millic. First of all, Q-Rich takes minutes away from Chandler and Gallinari and with him gone we got more minutes for them. And Darko addresses another need. We need a shot blocker. Say what u want about Darko but the guy blocks shots

THE MTL
06-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Losers: Pacers......Ummm like that other guy said...Indiana drafted another white guy. Ok, Larry Bird u can stop being racist lol.......Tyler doesnt even address a need for that team.

DenButsu
06-26-2009, 01:38 AM
I really like what the Nuggets did in getting Lawson. I don't think it can be said they're the biggest winners, but they sure did a lot with what little they had going into the draft.

29$JerZ
06-26-2009, 01:40 AM

1. Drafting Jordan Hill still addresses a need at PF/C. He has great potential and makes players on our roster expendable since Walsh aint trying to ruin salary cap.

2. Buying the 29th pick and drafting Toney Douglas. Nice combo guard. Hey the Knicks got two firsts.

3. Trading Q-Rich for Darko Millic. First of all, Q-Rich takes minutes away from Chandler and Gallinari and with him gone we got more minutes for them. And Darko addresses another need. We need a shot blocker. Say what u want about Darko but the guy blocks shots

Finally, a happy Knick fan :)

I love what Donnie did with limited resources.
I really hate Nelson though, what a dumbass. Only GM who takes a guard when they have 6-7 guards and about 1 real PF. His folly is our gain I guess, Hill is going to be great.

To the topic the losers are the Indiana, they really should have traded their pick to get Tyler in a later slot.

Hanzinho
06-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Winners = Spurs, Timberwolves

Looser = Knicks, Sixers and Memphis.... AGAIN

:mad:

GiantYankKnicks
06-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Winners Knicks,Loved wat they did and GS taking Curry was probley best 4 us because we got a PF with great potential in Hill.Then got a potential Steal in Douglas at 29 and Moved Q who would just take minutes from Chandler and Gallinari.Losers i would say the Pistons i think Daye will end up a bust and idk y they needed him with another Skinny SF there already in Prince.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-26-2009, 01:50 AM
I think the wizards did great by adding depth to a already talented team.

*Superman*
06-26-2009, 01:52 AM
The Magic. Didn't have a draft pick, but got VC. lol

Imma need a new sig Vinny, this one with Vince in, Hedo out.

lakers4sho
06-26-2009, 01:52 AM

Lakers says you're welcome ;)

Knowledge
06-26-2009, 01:53 AM
Everyone always says this when big names fall! There had to be a reason they got picked later

I think Minns taking two PG kinda messed things up, especially since they took Flynn.

abe_froman
06-26-2009, 01:59 AM
s.a. taking blair,think alot of teams from the teens onward will be kicking themselves

BHBrad
I honestly wouldn't say the Pacers were losers. Yeah, I would've preferred a PG (Which would allow us to either not resign Jack or trade Ford for frontcourt help) but they needed front court help and Hansbrough was the best available, and he's a guy that I think will produce in the NBA. My only real issues are that A) They may've been able to trade down a bit and still grab him and B) They already have a few players similar in stature on the roster.

Chronz
You guys are being to hard on Indiana, Hansbrough is better than advertised

SANTHI
06-26-2009, 02:00 AM
sad day for Bulls fans

=[

Spiderfox
06-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Winners:

Thunder (Harden great complement to Durant, Westbrook.. Mullens has excellent upside and fills a big time need.. should equal another 5-7 wins over this year)

Knicks.. Jordan Hill is outstanding in the open court, solid shot blocking defender and post presence to help us forget the David Lee defensive freeway access to the rim we've witnessed.. should develop more toughness under new Knicks Big Man Coach Charles Oakley.. Toney Douglas was the ACC Defensive POY, 2nd in ACC POY, Shoots very well and brings excelent perimeter defense to the Knicks backcourt.. they did very well to fill needs)..

Spurs.. Dejuan Blair seems perfectly suited for this team.. Jack McClinton is the prototype lights out shooter that creates spacing for Duncan down low and for Parker/ Ginobli to slash..

Losers:

Timberwolves.. Rubio is pissed and won't play in Minn (you'll see), he's better off keeping the $6 million and dominating the Spanish League where he's a national hero.. Minn was plain stupid not to do their homework.. The buyout comes from Ricky's pocket, he should have some say as to where/why he forks over $5.5 mil.. Johnny Flynn's a stud but he and Rubio will never co-exist.. None is a SG and Minn didn't go get one at 18.. What about Sebastian Telfair?.. Drafting Ty Lawson and immediately moving him for a future draft pick was dumb.. They have needs to fill and had plenty of talent remaining at that 18th pick.. I think Kahn blew it.. he could have taken Flynn & Derozan or Curry and been better off.. He's gambling that Rubio will HAVE TO play or remain in Europe..

abe_froman
06-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Winners:

Thunder (Harden great complement to Durant, Westbrook.. Mullens has excellent upside and fills a big time need.. should equal another 5-7 wins over this year)

Knicks.. Jordan Hill is outstanding in the open court, solid shot blocking defender and post presence to help us forget the David Lee defensive freeway access to the rim we've witnessed.. should develop more toughness under new Knicks Big Man Coach Charles Oakley.. Toney Douglas was the ACC Defensive POY, 2nd in ACC POY, Shoots very well and brings excelent perimeter defense to the Knicks backcourt.. they did very well to fill needs)..

Spurs.. Dejuan Blair seems perfectly suited for this team.. Jack McClinton is the prototype lights out shooter that creates spacing for Duncan down low and for Parker/ Ginobli to slash..

Losers:

Timberwolves.. Rubio is pissed and won't play in Minn (you'll see), he's better off keeping the $6 million and dominating the Spanish League where he's a national hero.. Minn was plain stupid not to do their homework.. The buyout comes from Ricky's pocket, he should have some say as to where/why he forks over $5.5 mil.. Johnny Flynn's a stud but he and Rubio will never co-exist.. None is a SG and Minn didn't go get one at 18.. What about Sebastian Telfair?.. Drafting Ty Lawson and immediately moving him for a future draft pick was dumb.. They have needs to fill and had plenty of talent remaining at that 18th pick.. I think Kahn blew it.. he could have taken Flynn & Derozan or Curry and been better off.. He's gambling that Rubio will HAVE TO play or remain in Europe..

minny got flynn as ricky insurance(in part),if ricky does decide to pull that **** that you say he will,you'd still have flynn.

and you had to take ricky at 5..just by virtue of still being on the board,you simply cant pass it up if he's still there

oh and for all those saying knicks were losers may i ask why..how?

Young2Kinsler
06-26-2009, 02:12 AM
Once again Dallas highest pick is some overseas guy who will never see the NBA. I was ok with the Mullens pick, and 2 seconds later we trade him. The mavs are the drafting failures of the decade.

LkrLand
06-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Minny could've been easily the draft winners had they not drafted for the purpose of the trading those picks.

I actually thought they did a decent job. Once the third point guard came up I had a feeling something was up and they would have to deal at least one of them.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 02:23 AM
I actually thought they did a decent job. Once the third point guard came up I had a feeling something was up and they would have to deal at least one of them.

Agreed, I think Minny did a pretty good job. Rubio is probably gonna get traded or go back overseas for a few years.

abe_froman
06-26-2009, 02:33 AM
oh and gotta say minny if (rubio stays),like i said when they took him:ricky/al/love/flynn...thats the next blazers and contenders in about 3-5 years..if they can keep them

Giaps
06-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Agreed, I think Minny did a pretty good job. Rubio is probably gonna get traded or go back overseas for a few years.
If he does get traded or go overseas, how is that a good pick? They had a chance to solidify their roster and they picked 2 big time PGs back to back... just doesn't make sense.

zambo4president
06-26-2009, 02:39 AM

IMO i would have taken Flynn and Derozan. But Rubio, Flynn and Ellington is still good, gonna be real interesting to see how that works out.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 02:41 AM
If he does get traded or go overseas, how is that a good pick? They had a chance to solidify their roster and they picked 2 big time PGs back to back... just doesn't make sense.

Damn, I couldn't read your post. All I saw was rainbows. Anyways, if traded or goes oversees, he's great insurance. The Knicks would give an arm and a leg for him.

shep33
06-26-2009, 02:56 AM
Spurs easily. Blair and McClinton in the 2nd Round!! Crazy. Also I like how the Nuggets got Lawson to back up Chauncy. Really solid pick even though I hate NC.

Spiderfox
06-26-2009, 03:35 AM
minny got flynn as ricky insurance(in part),if ricky does decide to pull that **** that you say he will,you'd still have flynn.

and you had to take ricky at 5..just by virtue of still being on the board,you simply cant pass it up if he's still there

oh and for all those saying knicks were losers may i ask why..how?

You don't pay that kind of money for "Insurance".. You typically go 2nd round for that.. Take a look at Minn's roster and consider all of the talent they let slip away at 18.. They could have done so much more with 6 picks.. Not good.. IMO they came away with Flynn and Elington..

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 03:37 AM
You don't pay that kind of money for "Insurance".. You typically go 2nd round for that.. Take a look at Minn's roster and consider all of the talent they let slip away at 18.. They could have done so much more with 6 picks.. Not good.. IMO they came away with Flynn and Elington..

They haven't paid anybody yet. Wait to see what they do with Rubio before you get your panties all in a bunch.

abe_froman
06-26-2009, 03:39 AM

i said in part,not fully

and who says flynn cant be the 2nd guard if both are their,besides both are highly sought after prospects(trades)

John408
06-26-2009, 03:49 AM
For the record BJ Mullens is borderline awful

mullens... i think is a sleeper in this draft....i'm curious to see how hard hes going to work at improving

MrBloop
06-26-2009, 03:57 AM

We should have Steph Curry, fkn Don Nelson.

DenButsu
06-26-2009, 06:10 AM
I think Minns taking two PG kinda messed things up, especially since they took Flynn.

It did kind of feel like they were standing on an Ace-5 at the blackjack table.

But I can't complain about Minny since they gave us Lawson. :cool:

The Panch
06-26-2009, 06:18 AM
Wow, how is drafting a 3 time all american, a national player of the year, an NCAA champion, and the ACC all time leader in points a bust at pick 13. Tyler Hansbrough may never be the next Carlos Boozer or anything, but he will be a great player for the next 10 years or so. I remember back when Boozer got drafted they were aying some of the same stuff about him that they are about Hansbrough, I'm not saying he is going to be oozer so don't say that is what I am saying, I'm just trying to say that great colllege stars can be good NBA players even though they are not rated so high. I am a Pacers fan and I am very happy about this pick, so when Hansbrough turns out to be the right pick, i don't want all the people that are mad the Pacers drafted him jumping on a band wagon. I remember alot of people acting the same way when we drafted Danny Granger and not Gerald Green, they really messed up that pick didnt they.

Bulls_fan90
06-26-2009, 07:42 AM
sad day for Bulls fans

=[

Care to explain?

James Johnson in my opinion was a great pick up.

Taj Gibson on the other hand.........

JWO35
06-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Pistons won by drafting Summers in the 2nd round!!!!
Losers: Timberwolves (somewhat) I really thought they would take Rubio and Jordan Hill :shrug:

29$JerZ
06-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Wow, how is drafting a 3 time all american, a national player of the year, an NCAA champion, and the ACC all time leader in points a bust at pick 13. Tyler Hansbrough may never be the next Carlos Boozer or anything, but he will be a great player for the next 10 years or so. I remember back when Boozer got drafted they were aying some of the same stuff about him that they are about Hansbrough, I'm not saying he is going to be oozer so don't say that is what I am saying, I'm just trying to say that great colllege stars can be good NBA players even though they are not rated so high. I am a Pacers fan and I am very happy about this pick, so when Hansbrough turns out to be the right pick, i don't want all the people that are mad the Pacers drafted him jumping on a band wagon. I remember alot of people acting the same way when we drafted Danny Granger and not Gerald Green, they really messed up that pick didnt they.

Tyler will be a nice pro but he would have fallen in the 20's

I believe Indiana could have gotten rid of a bad contract of just add another piece to thier team. Tyler will surprise people bit I think like the Raiders taking Bey it was too early.

29$JerZ
06-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Minnestoa showed me they are complete fools for gambling on so much talent.

Taking Rubio and Flynn back to back, trading Lawson for a future LATE 1st rounder (Charlotte will be a playoff team), taking Nick Calathes despite him signing a contract for Greece.

Taking 4 PG's is always a dumb move in a deep draft. Because of them guys like Collison fell to NO and Douglass to NY.

Rubio won't play for Minny and nobody is going to trade top dollar for Rubio because Minny will try to ask for too much. They really blew it imo.

Should have drafted Johnny Flynn and Demar Derozan.

dolfan720
06-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Pacers lose.

Took another white guy.

hah thats what i said

dolfan720
06-26-2009, 08:05 AM
i hate to say it but the spurs had a great draft

dee279
06-26-2009, 08:07 AM

Parker
Mason
Jefferson
Duncan
Bonner

the do about every year.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Im surprised tyrese rice didnt get drafted.....

dee279
06-26-2009, 08:09 AM
I really like Terrance Williams out of louisville so i think nets did a good job with their 11th pic. The heat are the losers though. Denver could be the winners getting lawson.

29$JerZ
06-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Spurs also did very well despite having no 1st rounders.

Traded for RJ and then gets DeJaun Blair. Not to mention that French player, forgot his name.

Tony - Hill
Mason - Manu
RJ
Blair
Duncan - Bonner

A bit more depth and a MLE like Antonio and they are right back in the Championship mold

RicoSteel
06-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Pistons failed. They are my team, but Austin Daye was a huge reach. I'm 5'10" 185. This guy is a foot taller and only 5 lbs heavier. He is going to get mauled. He better get in touch with Balco real quick. The Swede they took in the 2nd may pan out, but there was much better value at 15 than Austin Daye.

IndyRealist
06-26-2009, 08:34 AM

Mark my words, Tyler Hansbrough will be the next oozer. :smoking:

I like Hansbrough, he's a champion, player of the year, hustler, and hard worker. Assuming the Pacers aren't trading Murphy, Tyler figures as a backup PF for the next 3 years at least so there's plenty of time for him to add weight and adjust to the NBA. The only thing the Pacers needed more was a PG and a C. BJ Mullens would have been even more of a stretch than Tyler, and Bird wanted a tall PG. The only players Pacers may regret not taking are Ty Lawson and Jrue Holiday.

Btw, the Pacers haven't drafted a white guy in the first round since Primoz Brezec in 2000. Anyone who's been watching the Pacers since 2003 knows why we have the players we have. For those that don't, google "malice at the palace" and "Stephen Jackson Club Rio"

Ollie Tabooger
06-26-2009, 09:57 AM
As a Bucks fan, I was pretty upset when the t'wolves picked up jonny flinn. However, my spirits were lifted when we picked up Brandon Jennings. He's a make or break pick, he can be outstanding, but he could also bust. But I'm excited to have him on our team. He's an upgrade from last 2 years' lottery picks, when we got Yi Jianlian in 07 and Joe Alexander in 08. And, getting Jody Meeks at 41 was awesome!!

Ace33Bone
06-26-2009, 10:01 AM
I think that the winners are definitely the thunder, wizards & Blazers

The losers were the T Wolves and the Grizzlies because Thabeet will be a bust... I think their second round pick young will help out more than their first round pick

JWO35
06-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Why does everyone say Thabeet will be a bust, I see him being the next Mutombo