PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings Has Already Started...

WestCoastSportz
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
With being a problem for the NBA. First, he doesn't show up because he's scared of being a Maciej Lampe and be the last one in the green room waiting for his name to be called. When he does get picked, he shows up within 20 minutes. Doesn't he live in Compton, California? Wouldn't that be where his family is at? This tells me that this was planned. Then, during the interview, he pretty much told everyone to not goto college and take his route. Nice message to send to the kids there buddy. While other athletes are telling kids to stay in school, this one is telling kids that traveling around Europe is much better. This guy will be a bust. I got a doorknob on my front door that is smarter than this kid.

Devils05
06-26-2009, 12:37 AM
He was invited to the Green Room and planned to attend but with an hour or so until the draft his agent told him not to show up because they hadn't secured a promise to be drafted. So he stayed in NYC and watched with his family. Once he got drafted he came to MSG

Bucks_Packers
06-26-2009, 01:06 AM
no need to take a personal vendetta towards someone and rant

OnWisconsin2007
06-26-2009, 02:53 AM
this guy is gonna be sick -

Bucsfan
06-26-2009, 09:56 AM
With being a problem for the NBA. First, he doesn't show up because he's scared of being a Maciej Lampe and be the last one in the green room waiting for his name to be called. When he does get picked, he shows up within 20 minutes. Doesn't he live in Compton, California? Wouldn't that be where his family is at? This tells me that this was planned. Then, during the interview, he pretty much told everyone to not goto college and take his route. Nice message to send to the kids there buddy. While other athletes are telling kids to stay in school, this one is telling kids that traveling around Europe is much better. This guy will be a bust. I got a doorknob on my front door that is smarter than this kid.

going to europe and traveling around as a young man and experiencing that is a bad choice? i wouldve killed to have done that, i dont think he was encouraging it, but its a good experience

clutchski
06-26-2009, 10:03 AM
I really don't think you can blame him for either..but he shouldn't have been worried about being left in the green room. How many teams would have passed on him?

JWO35
06-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I really don't think you can blame him for either..but he shouldn't have been worried about being left in the green room. How many teams would have passed on him?

Some people had Brandon Jennings slipping all the way to 19(Hawks)!!!
I guess he didn't want a Brady Quinn moment :shrug:

ValuePick
06-26-2009, 10:18 AM
What's the point of going to college for one year if you're a McDonalds AA? You get a C average for a semester then you take a semester off and get drafted in June. You're just taking a spot in college for someone who actually wants to be there, not someone who's just there because its the only way to get to the NBA.

xmoney328
06-26-2009, 05:19 PM
At this point they guy isn't a good role model...He's right but, shouldn't have came out and said it ...But whats the point of going to college for a Yr. and not get paid?

Weezy
06-27-2009, 11:52 PM
This guy is a punk...he has skill no doubt but he is a punk.

Mr. Jiggles
06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
What's the point of going to college for one year if you're a McDonalds AA? You get a C average for a semester then you take a semester off and get drafted in June. You're just taking a spot in college for someone who actually wants to be there, not someone who's just there because its the only way to get to the NBA.

+2. The NCAA are leeches for these guys. They're not like you and I who need a college education to get a decent job (which is not even a guarantee nowadays). Going off to college is a waste of valuable income. They should be cashing in on an NBA contract ASAP. Even with a rookie minimum, they will make more in one year than some of us make in ten years. They so much money, if they knew where to put to money, they'll be set for the rest of their lives.

Foye
07-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Jennings is gonna be a bust. :cool:

Rocarich
07-03-2009, 12:12 AM
He's your future. With the lack of legit talent once Redd leaves, he's gonna carry the team. But hey, it's not Milwaukee's playing for anything.

b_rad23
07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Future best player from the draft.

Mane
07-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Future best player from the draft.

future best player ever

superkegger
07-05-2009, 11:10 PM
He's making me a bucks fan. This kid is the ballz

Sports Illustrator
07-10-2009, 11:19 PM
He is an incredibly talented player and should put up solid numbers in the NBA if he develops the right way. However, he is going to be a serious headcase in the NBA as well. A huge headache for head coaches.

IndiansFan337
07-12-2009, 04:36 PM
He is an incredibly talented player and should put up solid numbers in the NBA if he develops the right way. However, he is going to be a serious headcase in the NBA as well. A huge headache for head coaches.

He talks wayyy too much already.

His mouth reminds me of a young AI. He isn't the same type of scorer as AI was coming out of Georgetown, but his quickness, attitude & mouth do bring comparisons.

arkanian215
07-15-2009, 10:02 AM
there was actually an article before that said that brandon jennings regretted his decision of going to europe and skipping out on college. i'll try to find it but i've definitely read it before.
ok maybe not regretted but said it was challenging and can break you.

Sports Illustrator
07-16-2009, 11:23 AM
He talks wayyy too much already.

His mouth reminds me of a young AI. He isn't the same type of scorer as AI was coming out of Georgetown, but his quickness, attitude & mouth do bring comparisons.

The same thing could be said with the comparison of himself with Stephon Marbury. Both are very talented players, but they talk way too much. I do not think Brandon Jennings will be as good as Allen Iverson was when he was young, which is why he is more comparable to Stephon Marbury.

If he is talking way too much already and not even the pre-season has begun yet, just wait until he gets older and plays more years in the NBA.

Toenail Clipper
07-18-2009, 12:12 PM
He also said "**** The Knicks, **** Rubio, and Chris Duhon ain't getting it done." What an arrogant *****. I hope he gets dunked on by Blake Griffin

B.JenningsMVP
07-19-2009, 12:22 AM
He's making me a bucks fan. This kid is the ballz
Ditto. I'm following the Bucks next year.
This kid got swagggggggg haha