PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Acquire Marcus Thornton

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2009, 12:00 AM
The Hornets have acquired the draft rights to G Marcus Thornton from the Heat in exchange for future considerations. (Two second round draft picks.)

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Way to close the wrong thread Mods.:rolleyes: Now I can re post what I said in the thread you should have kept open and that had replies.

As I said, I like this trade made by the Hornets. They really liked Thornton, but wasn't worthy of the 21st pick. I think he will make the team.

Vinny642
06-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Nice draftee we got, hope we keep him.

Juju
06-26-2009, 01:23 AM
As a LSU/New Orleans Homer I am jumping up and down for joy! He can come out with the second unit with a great spark!

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Nice draftee we got, hope we keep him.

I'm assuming we will.

Vinny642
06-26-2009, 02:15 AM
me 2

MT3279
06-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Love Thornton, great pickup

tland22
06-26-2009, 11:39 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pick up. he will be so solid, and playing with a chip on his shoulder. Lik eI have been saying, I expect him to be better than than the Clipper's Eric Gordon! Draft graded to a B now that we got him....it was a C at best

BIGBREED
06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pick up. he will be so solid, and playing with a chip on his shoulder. Lik eI have been saying, I expect him to be better than than the Clipper's Eric Gordon! Draft graded to a B now that we got him....it was a C at best

I love both the draft pick and the trade! The Hornets are younger and more athletic with their 2nd unit!

Great draft!

tland22
06-26-2009, 06:47 PM
hell yea! Now all we need is just ONE descent free agent...then we are golden. I'd kill for Brandon Bass or Paul Millsaps or even Tyrus Thomas- cuz the bulls r trying to dump him.

BIGBREED
06-26-2009, 08:24 PM
hell yea! Now all we need is just ONE descent free agent...then we are golden. I'd kill for Brandon Bass or Paul Millsaps or even Tyrus Thomas- cuz the bulls r trying to dump him.

tland22, are you trying to turn the Hornets into the LSU Tigers? LOL....Paul Millsaps is the only one thats not a Tiger! He's a Techster..

Juju
06-26-2009, 09:56 PM
hey hey hey a little interstate talent couldn't hurt right :D

Still I don't know how we can afford to outbid other team for these decent FA's...

tland22
06-27-2009, 05:19 PM
hahaha good point I didnt think about that! I knew it, but it wasnt what crossed my mind. hahaha

Maybe we could get Bass or Tyrus for cheaper, maybe they'd WANT to play in La.

Juju
06-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Hm maybe Tyrus but I don't know about Bass. From what I recall, Bass left New Orleans cuz Bryon wouldn't give him and minutes and wouldn't let him develop (like current Hornet, Julian Wright) Curse Bryon's Scott inability to have patience with new draftees. We can't draft a 'Chris Paul' every time...

Vinny642
06-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Hm maybe Tyrus but I don't know about Bass. From what I recall, Bass left New Orleans cuz Bryon wouldn't give him and minutes and wouldn't let him develop (like current Hornet, Julian Wright) Curse Bryon's Scott inability to have patience with new draftees. We can't draft a 'Chris Paul' every time...

I wish we can but w/e Bass is a monster and I'd want him to backup West same thing with Thomas

Patrick Swayze
06-28-2009, 07:08 PM

That's why I hope we still bring back Pargo.