PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Ricky Rubio to the Knicks?

phlp_bj
06-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Knicks likely to get Ricky Rubio from Minnesota? Yahoo! reports that a deal is being discussed and one league GM said a deal “isn’t 100 percent,” but likely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlynrIJyfBPlp4N_Hy6G_FA5nYcB?slug=aw-draftbuzz062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 12:06 AM
I don't see NYK having the pieces to get this deal done, unless possibly another team is included. Jordan Hill won't get it done.

Ragun
06-26-2009, 12:07 AM
not happening.

kahn said he is keeping rubio and flynn

Mauersota
06-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Kahn supposedly LOVES Rubio so I don't see him moving him at all.

madiaz3
06-26-2009, 12:09 AM
not happening.

dont see why he would keep both (has nothing to do with me wanting rubio, i just dont see how you draft both of those without having the intention to trade one)

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 12:11 AM
not happening.

He is going to say that, regardless. It would kill trade value for both of them if he came out & said that he was going to move one of them.

I think that he's willing to keep them both, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if one of them is moved.

SeoulBeatz
06-26-2009, 12:11 AM
i kno rubio sure as hell doesnt want to play in minny but i dont see how Kahn would let him go after that interview.

the offer would have to be something in the ballpark of...

Wilson Chandler
2 future first round picks

for

Rubio

that still might be enough to be honest and would be really unreasonable for the knicks.

still1ballin
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Knicks should go after Curry

GiantYankKnicks
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Rubios dad said Ricky might stay in Europe for a couple years,he could back Minny into a corner

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Rubios dad said Ricky might stay in Europe for a couple years,he could back Minny into a corner

Maybe Minnesota knew this and that's why they drafted Flynn. They'd still own the rights and could get a stud in a couple years via trade.

NYYankeesWin#27
06-26-2009, 12:23 AM
lee nate n cash 4 rubio?

pg rubio
sg chandler
sf gallinari
pf hill
c curry

Nighthawk
06-26-2009, 12:33 AM
I dont think Rubio is really going to be all that good. Well see

SPFLDeazyp
06-26-2009, 12:35 AM
well since Rubio isnt a scorer, people on the interwebs will say he is a bust.

ink
06-26-2009, 12:38 AM
I think ESPN shot down the Rubio to the Knicks rumour right away ...

Nighthawk
06-26-2009, 12:39 AM

Kid came out an said i look to pass and make my teammates better. We know he likes to be flashy an assist the rock. I just dont think he'll do that great in the NBA. Time will tell an hopefully he proves me wrong.

Nighthawk
06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
I think ESPN shot down the Rubio to the Knicks rumour right away ...

Rightfully so

Despite Dickie V i actually think Minny CAN win with both Rubio and Flynn.

Rubio
Flynn
Gomes
Love
Al

I like that young nucleus. Not sure why they drafted Lawson just to give em up. They could have picked up some size but ahwell

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Rubio=Juan Carlos Navarro

Hellcrooner
5th pick money + 500k is not enough to pay his buyout so he CANT go to Wolves NOW nor next year

so if wolves want him they either have to wait.

or find a sponsor that pays his buyotu

Minnie, not a big market so

Trade to Ny where some sponsor takes charge of this thing.

By the way Rubio HATED that wolves took another pg right after him, as a signal of distrust,

ryguy2k7
Yeah, good luck NY fans. Always thinking you'll get the best players in the draft somehow...not gonna happen with Rubio.

Kahn will convince him into playing in Minnesota right away alongside Flynn and have a dynamic PG duo for years to come.

koreancabbage
06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
5th pick money + 500k is not enough to pay his buyout so he CANT go to Wolves NOW nor next year

Minnie, not a big market so

Trade to Ny where some sponsor takes charge of this thing.

By the way Rubio HATED that wolves took another pg right after him, as a signal of distrust,

how do you know that?

Lakerfrk
06-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Rubio=Juan Carlos Navarro

Did you just compare a pure passer with a pure shooter? I don't think this makes sense....

Living Legend
06-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Why wouldn't the Knicks go after Curry??

Kashmir13579
06-26-2009, 12:50 AM
lee nate n cash 4 rubio?

pg rubio
sg chandler
sf gallinari
pf hill
c curry

wow.... just wow.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Did you just compare a pure passer with a pure shooter? I don't think this makes sense....

No, I compared a Spaniard who is gonna be a bust to a Spaniard who is a bust.

lakers4sho
06-26-2009, 12:56 AM
No, I compared a Spaniard who is gonna be a bust to a Spaniard who is a bust.

JCN is definitely NOT a bust...you might be watching a different guy.

lakers4sho
06-26-2009, 01:01 AM

Doesn't Ricky have a sponsorship deal with Nike?

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Why wouldn't the Knicks go after Curry??

bc he is likely being traded for Amare.

Rubio to new york makes sense.

but what can the Knicks give?

Lee
Chandler
2010 1st round pick

NYYankeesWin#27
06-26-2009, 01:05 AM
^ they wont trade chandler

lee nate cash future 2nd round pick

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 01:06 AM
JCN is definitely NOT a bust...you might be watching a different guy.

40%fg for a pure shooter, 10 pts in 27 mins for a ****** Grizzlies team. He'll stay overseas anyways.

lakers4sho
06-26-2009, 01:09 AM
40%fg for a pure shooter, 10 pts in 27 mins for a ****** Grizzlies team. He'll stay overseas anyways.

Translated in PER36 stat that is around 13.3 PPG

That is definitely not a "bust" stat as you claim.

Plus he shot around 36% from 3s, that's better than what Kobe Bryant averaged most of his career.

kambion
06-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Kid came out an said i look to pass and make my teammates better. We know he likes to be flashy an assist the rock. I just dont think he'll do that great in the NBA. Time will tell an hopefully he proves me wrong.

he dominated when spain played team usa...plus spain really played well when he was on the floor in general. his defence is underated, his athletic ability is also underated...his passing is on par with just about anybody in this league...here...think of it this way: at worst hes going to be jose calderon... at best he might be the best pure point in this league...not bad choices

...and on the ultra bright side... wait till his body develops

Chronz
06-26-2009, 01:21 AM

You need to be able to score to succeed in this league at a high level, I just dont think Rubio is as good as people make him out to be, I look at this kid and I dont see what makes him any different from Shaun Livingston.

Chronz
06-26-2009, 01:22 AM
he dominated when spain played team usa...plus spain really played well when he was on the floor in general. his defence is underated, his athletic ability is also underated...his passing is on par with just about anybody in this league...here...think of it this way: at worst hes going to be jose calderon... at best he might be the best pure point in this league...not bad choices

...and on the ultra bright side... wait till his body develops

Yea but he played like **** against everyone other than USA

Oefarmy2005
06-26-2009, 01:25 AM
I just wanted to say that the two players the wolves need least from the knicks are Lee and Nate since we already have two upgraded versions in Love and Flynn. Rubio would probably take Hill, Chandler and a future first.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-26-2009, 01:48 AM
You need to be able to score to succeed in this league at a high level, I just dont think Rubio is as good as people make him out to be, I look at this kid and I dont see what makes him any different from Shaun Livingston.

very true. look how we are getting on Rondo, not because he cant score, but he cant shoot. u have to be multi dimensional in the NBA.

Giaps
06-26-2009, 02:36 AM
I just wanted to say that the two players the wolves need least from the knicks are Lee and Nate since we already have two upgraded versions in Love and Flynn. Rubio would probably take Hill, Chandler and a future first.
lololol Do you think this is NBA 2K10 we are playing here?

DRE'-MAC
06-26-2009, 02:55 AM
3 way trade

Rockets Trade: T-Mac, Aaron Brooks, Future First round pick, Chase Buddinger
Rockets Receive: Larry Hughes, Brian Cardinal, Oleksiy Pecherov, Ricky Rubio

Knicks Trade: Wilson Chandler, Larry Hughes, Cuttino Mobley
Knicks Receive: Tracy McGrady and Aaron Brooks

Wolves Trade: Ricky Rubio, Oleksiy Pecherov, Brian Cardinal, Mark Masden
Wolves Receive: Wilson Chandler, Cuttino Mobley, Future First round pick and Chase Buddinger

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 02:58 AM
3 way trade

Rockets Trade: T-Mac, Aaron Brooks, Future First round pick, Chase Buddinger
Rockets Receive: Larry Hughes, Brian Cardinal, Oleksiy Pecherov, Ricky Rubio

Knicks Trade: Wilson Chandler, Larry Hughes, Cuttino Mobley
Knicks Receive: Tracy McGrady and Aaron Brooks

Wolves Trade: Ricky Rubio, Oleksiy Pecherov, Brian Cardinal, Mark Masden
Wolves Receive: Wilson Chandler, Cuttino Mobley, Future First round pick and Chase Buddinger

No one wants stewie's 7 ft twin

DRE'-MAC
06-26-2009, 03:11 AM
No one wants stewie's 7 ft twin

The Rockets would take any 7footer

MrBloop
06-26-2009, 04:02 AM
how do you know that?

Wouldn't you?:rolleyes:

NYYCowboys
06-26-2009, 04:33 AM

There's no way that Kevin Love is better than Lee. Love is a rookie but Lee is young too and better in every statistical category, and Flynn was projected to be a pick in the 20s before every good player pulled out of this draft while Nate was putting up good numbers last year. And that trade offer is ridiculous I would take Wilson Chandler over any player on the Twolves besides Al Jefferson, and if we're giving up Hill too there's no way we're giving up another 1st rounder.

MrBloop
06-26-2009, 04:42 AM

Until Love has a better season than Lee, chill with the "2.0 upgrade talk" that fool was lucky he was a top ten pick last year.

Trouble87
06-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Rubio better threaten to go back to Spain if Minnesota keeps him...

Brian Cardinal, Ethan Thomas, and Ricky Rubio for Al Harrington & 2011 1st Round pick

thats about fair and the Timberwolves get a SF in Harrington that can fill a hole in in the middle

hockeypro68
06-26-2009, 04:56 AM
Minnesota drafted 3 point guards. Rubio is probably furious not only because he's in Minnesota, a relatively small market team, but also because his team also drafted 2 other point guards in Lawson and Flynn to go along with the 2 already on the team, Foye and Telfair. That makes a total of now 5F5I5V5E5 point guards on the team. HAHAHA come on folks, I think its clear what Minnesota is doing. To me, it seems like they don't intend on keeping Rubio. They know he won't want to play there, and reports already surfaced about the Rubio camp threatening to jump ship and head back to Spain. I think they drafted him SOLELY for his value. They already had 2 decent young pointguards on the team before the draft. Then they drafted 3 more...They had picks 5, 6, and 18. They picked Rubio because he was there at 5 and he has extremely high value, and they had picks 6 and 18 coming right up. You see the big picture? A TRADE IS HAPPENING.

nolin
06-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Rubio better threaten to go back to Spain if Minnesota keeps him...

Brian Cardinal, Ethan Thomas, and Ricky Rubio for Al Harrington & 2011 1st Round pick

thats about fair and the Timberwolves get a SF in Harrington that can fill a hole in in the middle

i can guarentee you wolves will trade rubio somewhere else before they take that ******* back from the knicks.

nolin
06-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Minnesota drafted 3 point guards. Rubio is probably furious not only because he's in Minnesota, a relatively small market team, but also because his team also drafted 2 other point guards in Lawson and Flynn to go along with the 2 already on the team, Foye and Telfair. That makes a total of now 5F5I5V5E5 point guards on the team. HAHAHA come on folks, I think its clear what Minnesota is doing. To me, it seems like they don't intend on keeping Rubio. They know he won't want to play there, and reports already surfaced about the Rubio camp threatening to jump ship and head back to Spain. I think they drafted him SOLELY for his value. They already had 2 decent young pointguards on the team before the draft. Then they drafted 3 more...They had picks 5, 6, and 18. They picked Rubio because he was there at 5 and he has extremely high value, and they had picks 6 and 18 coming right up. You see the big picture? A TRADE IS HAPPENING.

? WTF are you talking about guy? Stick to hockey!

Breatnach
06-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Foye and Lawson were traded. Leaves 3 PGs. I reckon if the Wolves don't get good value for Rubio, they'll park him in Spain for two years and take him when he doesn't have the buyout to worry about. There is no need to make any quick trades and sell him for less than he is worth on a rebuilding team (Wolves have plenty of time, as they won't be title contenders regardless of what happens this off season).
If the knicks badly want him this season, they will have to pay an appropriate price. If they don't ,the Wolves have an adequate plan B with Flynn running the point, should RR return to Badalona.

Personally, I still hope it works out and Rubio will opt to stay in the twin cities, even if this does not seem very likely at the time being. Big Al & RR would make a duo much like Stat and Nash, me thinks.

azkarraga
06-26-2009, 05:11 AM
i want rubio in NY

MrBloop
06-26-2009, 05:24 AM
? WTF are you talking about guy? Stick to hockey!

Hey Guy...

He was pretty dead on acutally. GM's of **** city teams don't get it sometimes lol...I can't blame them for taking him ala "best available", but seriously, do the T wolves really think he's gonna entertain the idea playing for them? I know I wouldn't if I was him. I just hope fans of teams like Golden State and Minnesota Etc. take notice and see that players don't want to play for crap markets...I know that sounds just as snobbish as it is harsh, but its the truth.

Breatnach
06-26-2009, 06:14 AM
We've been dealing with that fact for years in FA and Drafts (Mayo).

Doesn't mean we don't want to keep the players ourselves and will serve them to you on a silver platter. If you want him that badly, you'll have to pay the price :)

Ansy
06-26-2009, 06:18 AM
Everyone is acting like Minny would have to trade Rubio immediately if he threatened to stay in Spain. They'll keep his draft rights basically forever, and his value will increase as he improves and becomes more NBA ready.

If they hold onto the guy's rights for 3 years and he starts to live up to his potential, they'll be able to get a lot more for him than Hill and a future first.

GSW fan
06-26-2009, 06:37 AM
what does GS have to do with this?

damn, Oakland is a beautiful metropolitan area. The warriors are the youngest team in the NBA and play better every game. stop hating.

New york isn't nearly as good talent wise as GS so stfu.

MrBloop
06-26-2009, 06:38 AM
We've been dealing with that fact for years in FA and Drafts (Mayo).

Doesn't mean we don't want to keep the players ourselves and will serve them to you on a silver platter. If you want him that badly, you'll have to pay the price :)

Fair enough.

GSW fan
06-26-2009, 07:04 AM
im a bird???? WTF is that supposed to mean?

Your a kangaroo

dee279
06-26-2009, 07:26 AM
wow.... just wow.

How is that Wow? That is a line up full of unproven players.

dee279
06-26-2009, 07:43 AM

They traded Foye.

29$JerZ
06-26-2009, 08:07 AM
what does GS have to do with this?

damn, Oakland is a beautiful metropolitan area. The warriors are the youngest team in the NBA and play better every game. stop hating.

New york isn't nearly as good talent wise as GS so stfu.

GS did the dumbest move by letting Hill go for an already crowded backcourt.
And that NY isn't as good talent wase as GS is a dumb statement to make. We pretty much match you at every position except shooting guards.

29$JerZ
06-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Traded Foye and Mike Miller for Ricky Rubio

Traded 18th pick(Lawson) for A future Late 1st rounder (Bobcats will be a playoff team)

Drafted Nick Calathes who already signed with Greece

Too many PG's

Hellcrooner
06-26-2009, 08:36 AM
I repeat at pick 5 with the money that pick 5 gets + the limit of 500000 the team can give they CANT pay the buy out.

Rubio does not have ANY other problem with playing wiht minnie.

well hE DIDNT have any other problem for like 30 seconds, then they drafted flynn, then lawson, then CALATHEs.

so dont ebstranged that he is not exactly confident on minnies intentions with him.

eBayGEEK
06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
To get rubio we would lose lee .. im not down for that lol

DieHardColtsfan
06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
PLEASE GET RUBIO KNICKS... yet dont trade lee

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
i kno rubio sure as hell doesnt want to play in minny but i dont see how Kahn would let him go after that interview.

the offer would have to be something in the ballpark of...

Wilson Chandler
2 future first round picks

for

Rubio

that still might be enough to be honest and would be really unreasonable for the knicks.
That's what I'm saying. NYK wants him & Minnesota isn't 100% opposed to trading him. But the NYK don't have the trade assets to acquire him. If they deal away two first round picks that wouldn't be smart....Especially if they plan on starting Rubio at PG next year in D'Antoni's offense. He would create a lot of TO's & it would be a learning year. They would likely end up with another lottery pick.

lee nate n cash 4 rubio?

pg rubio
sg chandler
sf gallinari
pf hill
c curry
Not a chance. They don't need Lee, and they wouldn't want Robinson.

WSU Tony
06-26-2009, 09:58 AM
This is the kind of media thing which is needed to keep NY basketball fans interested...... :)

yanks19791024
06-26-2009, 10:08 AM
As a Knick fan I rather have Flynn then Rubio, Rubio may become a nice player but Flynn is a Gamer

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I just don't see what the Knicks can give that Minny should be interested in.

cheetos185
06-26-2009, 10:42 AM
The best knicks can offer is chandler + nate or future pick if minny doesn't take that than we will just move on tough luck for rubio

DitchDat
06-26-2009, 10:45 AM
didn't Rubio say he wouldn't come to the NBA if he wasn't a top 3 pick?

Lo Porto
06-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Rubio with the Knicks would be great for the league and Rubio. I don't see why Minnesota wouldn't take Lee for Rubio and Etan's expiring contract. Sounds like a win-win for both franchises. The Wolves could use some more post help with unproven Love and AL coming off that injury. The Knicks would get their PG and save about $5 million for 2010. The Knicks like Lee, but would they need Lee if they had Bosh and Jordan Hill in 2010?

Oefarmy2005
06-26-2009, 11:03 AM
There's no way that Kevin Love is better than Lee. Love is a rookie but Lee is young too and better in every statistical category, and Flynn was projected to be a pick in the 20s before every good player pulled out of this draft while Nate was putting up good numbers last year. And that trade offer is ridiculous I would take Wilson Chandler over any player on the Twolves besides Al Jefferson, and if we're giving up Hill too there's no way we're giving up another 1st rounder.

Lets be clear about this. Love at 3.5 million a year and about the same production next to a one of the best rebounders in the league Vs. Lee at 8 million a year is a clear answer in my mind, as well as fan of everyother team. Lee is a great player, it's just we already have him and cheaper - and possibly more upside.

bogmon
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Since the "new" word is that Rubio may stay in Spain for a year or two longer, then I would think the T-Wolves would make a trade.
Minnie needs help now and cannot wait for him to get here to try him out. I could see Dantoni and Walsh being willing to wait on this guy, especially given MD's love of the Spanish style of play.

Stay tuned!

Oefarmy2005
06-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Rubio with the Knicks would be great for the league and Rubio. I don't see why Minnesota wouldn't take Lee for Rubio and Etan's expiring contract. Sounds like a win-win for both franchises. The Wolves could use some more post help with unproven Love and AL coming off that injury. The Knicks would get their PG and save about $5 million for 2010. The Knicks like Lee, but would they need Lee if they had Bosh and Jordan Hill in 2010?

I am sorry guys, and I don't mind trading Rubio - it's just that the Knicks have absolutely nothing we'd want. They are a more disfunctional franchise than we are, and that says alot. The reason we wouldn't trade with NY is because we can get a better trade elsewhere.

Oefarmy2005
06-26-2009, 11:10 AM
And as a wolf fan, we had to draft Rubio, no questions asked. He was a steal at 5, and we had to take him. Flynn we just wanted all along. As I've said before, I think the plan was Evans and Flynn, and noone thought that the Kings would pass on Rubio at 4. My best guess is we trade Rubio for a stud SG/SF.

Oefarmy2005
06-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Since the "new" word is that Rubio may stay in Spain for a year or two longer, then I would think the T-Wolves would make a trade.
Minnie needs help now and cannot wait for him to get here to try him out. I could see Dantoni and Walsh being willing to wait on this guy, especially given MD's love of the Spanish style of play.

Stay tuned!

How does Minnesota need help now? We are back to year one in rebuilding mode and have a crap load of time. Once again, we don't want Lee or Robinson and can definetely do better than that. Give me Chandler and Hill and i'll listen. But I am not the GM, so who knows. This is just a fan's perspective, after all.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 11:29 AM

what if you adjust for pace and playing time?

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 11:32 AM
on basketball reference, their stats are pretty similar per 36 min. if you add pace control, i think they would be the same or better. remember the reason why lee gets so many rebs is because the knicks play more possessions per game meaning more rebs all around.

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 11:38 AM

lee to minnesota makes NO sense. he is an expiring contract and would demand a lot of money to keep him there. on top of that there's no room for him. that make 3 pf's and no real center (sorry jason collins).

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 11:42 AM
How does Minnesota need help now? We are back to year one in rebuilding mode and have a crap load of time. Once again, we don't want Lee or Robinson and can definetely do better than that. Give me Chandler and Hill and i'll listen. But I am not the GM, so who knows. This is just a fan's perspective, after all.

if i actually liked minnesota, i wouldnt do the trade for hill since he's more pf than center. im not crazy about seeing al at center but it might be better than him and love are on the court at the same time.

dtmagnet
06-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey Guy...

He was pretty dead on acutally. GM's of **** city teams don't get it sometimes lol...I can't blame them for taking him ala "best available", but seriously, do the T wolves really think he's gonna entertain the idea playing for them? I know I wouldn't if I was him. I just hope fans of teams like Golden State and Minnesota Etc. take notice and see that players don't want to play for crap markets...I know that sounds just as snobbish as it is harsh, but its the truth.

I'm sorry but that is a really ignorant statement. If they did it your way there wouldn't be very many teams in the league and it would be pointless to watch. Just because you want your team to succeed in this league don't act like you deserve it more than any other city or fan.

Lo Porto
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
lee to minnesota makes NO sense. he is an expiring contract and would demand a lot of money to keep him there. on top of that there's no room for him. that make 3 pf's and no real center (sorry jason collins).

The Lee trade would have to be after a sign-and-trade so Minnesota would have him for a long time. Remember, Minnesota doesn't have a coach yet. If they get an uptempo coach, Jefferson and Lee would excel playing together in the post. Lee has played PF and C and Jefferson can play PF or C. If Minnesota got Lee, they could trade Love for value elsewhere. Lee and Jefferson would combine to make one of the most dynamic and best young post tandems in the NBA.

cwilson21
06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Lee for Rubio is awful and would never be done. Already have Jefferson and Love who will be putting up the same numbers as Lee once he gets more minutes this year. The Knicks have garbage on their roster which means nobody worthy of making a deal for Rubio.

Lo Porto
06-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Getting Lee for Rubio is better than the #5 never wanting to go to your team. Rubio wants nothing to do with Minnesota and rightfully so. Minnesota should get the best available value for Rubio.

cwilson21
06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey Guy...

Too bad you're not him and just some snob NY fan. One of the best players ever and biggest NBA stars Kevin Garnett loved it here and spent 12 seasons as a Wolves player. BTW, Minnesota is by no stretch a "crap" market. I guess Rubio would prefer to play for the most dysfunctional franchise in basketball called the New York Knicks.

cwilson21
06-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Getting Lee for Rubio is better than the #5 never wanting to go to your team. Rubio wants nothing to do with Minnesota and rightfully so. Minnesota should get the best available value for Rubio.

Really? I have yet to see anywhere where he has said he wants nothing to do with Minnesota. Face it, Rubio won't be a Knick unless we get a crazy *** offer that is centered around Chandler.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 12:20 PM

But that's what people are saying. The Knicks in no way represent the best value for Rubio. Why would they want Lee when they have Al Jeff and Kevin Love. And why would they want Nate Robinson when they still have Flynn anyway. Just because it's good for your Knicks doesn't mean it's a good value at all for the TWolves! :pity:

Phat Pat 94
06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
like ive been saying, for them to get so much publicity, NY has little talent at all.

Phat Pat 94
06-26-2009, 12:28 PM
i love how all the posters on this board say they would hate playing for Minnesota like if they had the chance they would refuse it.

NYKs have a worse team anyway, the only reason to go there is publicity.

Tqafg96
06-26-2009, 12:41 PM
i love how all the posters on this board say they would hate playing for Minnesota like if they had the chance they would refuse it.

NYKs have a worse team anyway, the only reason to go there is publicity.

No, on paper, NYK would be an ideal choice for any rookie who can pass and score, on account of the run n' gun.

Lo Porto
06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
But that's what people are saying. The Knicks in no way represent the best value for Rubio. Why would they want Lee when they have Al Jeff and Kevin Love. And why would they want Nate Robinson when they still have Flynn anyway. Just because it's good for your Knicks doesn't mean it's a good value at all for the TWolves! :pity:

There is better value out there for Rubio, but Rubio holds some of the cards in this scenario. Why are we even talking about this? Because his dad said they might rather just stay in Spain a couple more years. What kind of value is that for Minnesota? Lee is better than Love. There is no doubt that Lee makes the Wolves better. The same could be said for a package including Chandler, Nate and maybe even Douglas.

This whole thing comes down to the Wolves just holding Rubio's rights or getting something they can use now. Lee or a package of Chandler and Nate is better than not having Rubio and/or him bashing Minnesota in the media.

NANDOKNICK
06-26-2009, 12:59 PM
and 3 #1s for Ricky Rubio,,,,hahahaha,,,you guys are Funny..
4 Teams passed up on Rubio,,,,I agree,,,,,'
Never give up Jordan Hill for Rubio unless they include Kevin Love and a #1 pick,,,lets get real.....We are from NY

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Rubio doesn't hold any cards here. He can go back to Europe if he likes, and play for $100,000. Minny will just hold his rights, or trade him when they feel they are getting the highest value they desire. Rubio is not Kobe, or some player with undeniable talent. 4 teams passed on him. NY has nothing to offer, sorry. Minny got insurance in Flynn. They can just sit back and let it unfold.

NYtilIdie
06-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Really I rather give them a Gallo,Lee,Nate for Rubio. You replace Mike with Gallo whose still young and can still develop, Nate gives you energy off the bench, and Lee will get you alot of doubles-doubles.

I don't want to give up Chandler he's the heart and soul of the NYK and a future all-star.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 01:26 PM
There is better value out there for Rubio, but Rubio holds some of the cards in this scenario. Why are we even talking about this? Because his dad said they might rather just stay in Spain a couple more years. What kind of value is that for Minnesota? Lee is better than Love. There is no doubt that Lee makes the Wolves better. The same could be said for a package including Chandler, Nate and maybe even Douglas.

This whole thing comes down to the Wolves just holding Rubio's rights or getting something they can use now. Lee or a package of Chandler and Nate is better than not having Rubio and/or him bashing Minnesota in the media.

Yeah, but several teams have inquired about Rubio. So I really doubt that the Knicks have the top package.

Kevin Love: 11 pts 9 rebs in 25 minutes
David Lee: 16 pts 11 rebs in 35 minutes

And Kevin Love is 4.5 years younger. You also have to consider how David Lee's numbers were at least somewhat inflated by D'Antoni's system. So to say Lee is better for the T'Wolves than Love is downright laughable.

Giaps
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Really I rather give them a Gallo,Lee,Nate for Rubio. You replace Mike with Gallo whose still young and can still develop, Nate gives you energy off the bench, and Lee will get you alot of doubles-doubles.

I don't want to give up Chandler he's the heart and soul of the NYK and a future all-star.
Thank God you are not our GM.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 01:29 PM
and 3 #1s for Ricky Rubio,,,,hahahaha,,,you guys are Funny..
4 Teams passed up on Rubio,,,,I agree,,,,,'
Never give up Jordan Hill for Rubio unless they include Kevin Love and a #1 pick,,,lets get real.....We are from NY

A.K.A. Home of the most dysfunctional Franchise in the NBA. You know they won't take less talent in a trade from New York compared to another offer just because its New York, right? :eyebrow:

mtg23us
06-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Wow, I thought NY fans were supose to be knowledgable in sports. Sorry I see a few good points but most people on here must think we are fools in MN. ESPN is reporting that our phones are ringing "off the hook" from teams about Rubio. Honestly I am not a huge fan of his because we need shooting around Big Al. I don't think we thought he would drop to 5 and planed on taking Evens and Flynn.

That being said the only player we would evan want off NY is Chandler. Otherwise you are not the only "Big Market". I think a perfect fit would be LA as Fisher is getting old, Rubio's family is friends with Gasol and they have peices we want such as Bynam. We should trade Rubio for Bynam and a sign and trade for Ariza. Then Lakers can resign Odem to play the PF.

colinskik
06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
A couple of things for these Minny fans:

1. David Lee's stats prior to Mike D were comparable to what he put up this year, even when he was coming off the bench... he's a beast on the offensive end.

2. Lee also complements other bigs very well, so Lee with Jefferson would be a nice duo.

3. Since Donnie came aboard our franchise has been on the right path, and it's only been a year. I'm not try to discount the years of clusterf_ckery caused by Dolan, Isiah etc... but the Knicks franchise is on the right path now, so lay off.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 01:46 PM

1. David Lee's stats prior to Mike D were comparable to what he put up this year, even when he was coming off the bench... he's a beast on the offensive end.

2. Lee also complements other bigs very well, so Lee with Jefferson would be a nice duo.

3. Since Donnie came aboard our franchise has been on the right path, and it's only been a year. I'm not try to discount the years of cluster****ery caused by Dolan, Isiah etc... but the Knicks franchise is on the right path now, so lay off.

So what should they do with Love? A better PF who is 4.5 years younger? They have no need for Lee. How many times does it need to be said to get through your thick New York skulls? Just because it's good for the Knicks doesn't mean it's whats best for the other team. I'm not a T'Wolves fan, but I'd like to see them get back to respectability and making a deal for what the Knicks can offer won't do that.

icon1914
06-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, I thought NY fans were supose to be knowledgable in sports. Sorry I see a few good points but most people on here must think we are fools in MN. ESPN is reporting that our phones are ringing "off the hook" from teams about Rubio. Honestly I am not a huge fan of his because we need shooting around Big Al. I don't think we thought he would drop to 5 and planed on taking Evens and Flynn.

That being said the only player we would evan want off NY is Chandler. Otherwise you are not the only "Big Market". I think a perfect fit would be LA as Fisher is getting old, Rubio's family is friends with Gasol and they have peices we want such as Bynam. We should trade Rubio for Bynam and a sign and trade for Ariza. Then Lakers can resign Odem to play the PF.

Bynum for Rubio?

The front court of Gasol, Bynum, and Odom basically shut down Dwight Howard.... Why would they trade him?

Bynum has shown a lot of promise and has yet to play an entire season. You don't trade Low Post big man with star potential for an unproven PG in a system that does not need a great point.

The Lakers don't need Rubio, and if they were to try to get him I doubt Bynum would be involved.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 01:50 PM

3. Since Donnie came aboard our franchise has been on the right path, and it's only been a year. I'm not try to discount the years of clusterf_ckery caused by Dolan, Isiah etc... but the Knicks franchise is on the right path now, so lay off.

the Lee/Love debate is whatever, who cares. You like Lee, Wolves fans prefer Love.
And as for the thread, "CURRENTLY", the Knicks don't have anything that would entice Minnesota into trading them Rubio. Are they headed in a better direction than they were 3 years ago? Of course. But they are still even farther away than Minnesota from being relevant again, despite having more resources financially and market wise than any other team in the NBA

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
when the Knicks drafted Hill, they moved out of trade partners with Minnesota. Get over it NY, you aren't getting Rubio. Not unless you get ripped off in the process.

BWBuffet
06-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah, but several teams have inquired about Rubio. So I really doubt that the Knicks have the top package.

Kevin Love: 11 pts 9 rebs in 25 minutes
David Lee: 16 pts 11 rebs in 35 minutes

And Kevin Love is 4.5 years younger. You also have to consider how David Lee's numbers were at least somewhat inflated by D'Antoni's system. So to say Lee is better for the T'Wolves than Love is downright laughable.

Love is nowhere near the rebounder Lee is. Lee finishes at the hoop better. Love has a more of an outside game; they both leave a bit desired on defense. They are both great passers for big men. Lee is better than Love; but Love should overtake him in time.

Flynn is a better passer that Robinson; Robinson the better scorer. Neither is a lock down defender; but both show effort on defense. Flynn will never be the scorer Nate is; Nate will never be the passer Flynn is.

If Kahn doesn't wanna get canned he's gotta move Rubio, now. Once that iron cools, they'll be hard pressed to find an offer nearly as good as Nate and Lee for Rubio.

Knicks are far from disfunctional; our talent dwarfs that of the Twolves. So dead all that reckless talk. Don't be mad at us cause your Gm dropped the ball and mine finna make it reign off your bum's ***.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
when the Knicks drafted Hill, they moved out of trade partners with Minnesota. Get over it NY, you aren't getting Rubio. Not unless you get ripped off in the process.

Yep! :nod:

Reyes6
06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Well Rubio would probably need to be on a big market team... *cough* New York *cough*. Only trade I really see Minnesota taking is a trade working around Hill... but I can't see many teams willing to take a chance with a brand new PG, New York seems like the perfect fit. But what would they be willing to give up... and the real question... What does Minnesota even want?

Hellcrooner
06-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Rubio doesn't hold any cards here. He can go back to Europe if he likes, and play for $100,000. Minny will just hold his rights, or trade him when they feel they are getting the highest value they desire. Rubio is not Kobe, or some player with undeniable talent. 4 teams passed on him. NY has nothing to offer, sorry. Minny got insurance in Flynn. They can just sit back and let it unfold.

ha ha 100k

if he stays he is not stayinhg in jouventut, he will sing a 4 or 5 year deal with Real Madrid or Olympicakos at 2 million TAX FREE, EUROS a year since euro teams dont have any STUPID rules about only paying 500k for buyouts so someone wil pay his buyout wth the counterpart of ensuring he stays for 4 or 5 years.

Wich lets be logical woudl be the best move for Rubio.

Why go and play for FREE on a team that does not trust you and takes another pg with the next pick and risk to be benched and spoiled because you are only 18 when you can win 10 million euros develop still more and gthen go into the league being JUST 22 and to tha team you like, since wolves would probably trade his rights out of despair?

cwilson21
06-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Love is nowhere near the rebounder Lee is. Lee finishes at the hoop better. Love has a more of an outside game; they both leave a bit desired on defense. They are both great passers for big men. Lee is better than Love; but Love should overtake him in time.

Flynn is a better passer that Robinson; Robinson the better scorer. Neither is a lock down defender; but both show effort on defense. Flynn will never be the scorer Nate is; Nate will never be the passer Flynn is.

If Kahn doesn't wanna get canned he's gotta move Rubio, now. Once that iron cools, they'll be hard pressed to find an offer nearly as good as Nate and Lee for Rubio.

Knicks are far from disfunctional; our talent dwarfs that of the Twolves. So dead all that reckless talk. Don't be mad at us cause your Gm dropped the ball and mine finna make it reign off your bum's ***.

Stopped reading right there.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Well Rubio would probably need to be on a big market team... *cough* New York *cough*. Only trade I really see Minnesota taking is a trade working around Hill... but I can't see many teams willing to take a chance with a brand new PG, New York seems like the perfect fit. But what would they be willing to give up... and the real question... What does Minnesota even want?

I would say for NY to get Rubio they'll have to give up at least Wilson Chandler and a 1st round pick (which would probably be a top ten selection) and maybe Gallanari too.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 02:00 PM
ha ha 100k

if he stays he is not stayinhg in jouventut, he will sing a 4 or 5 year deal with Real Madrid or Olympicakos at 2 million TAX FREE, EUROS a year since euro teams dont have any STUPID rules about only paying 500k for buyouts so someone wil pay his buyout wth the counterpart of ensuring he stays for 4 or 5 years.

Wich lets be logical woudl be the best move for Rubio.

Why go and play for FREE on a team that does not trust you and takes another pg with the next pick and risk to be benched and spoiled because you are only 18 when you can win 10 million euros develop still more and gthen go into the league being JUST 22 and to tha team you like, since wolves would probably trade his rights out of despair?

they will own his rights regardless. They don't need to trade him unless they find something of equal or greater value in their minds. Rubio holds no leverage here. Let him go play in Europe, who cares? Point is, if he wants to play in the NBA anytime soon, as he claims, he will have to deal with minnesota, no way around it brother

BWBuffet
06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
So what should they do with Love? A better PF who is 4.5 years younger? They have no need for Lee. How many times does it need to be said to get through your thick New York skulls? Just because it's good for the Knicks doesn't mean it's whats best for the other team. I'm not a T'Wolves fan, but I'd like to see them get back to respectability and making a deal for what the Knicks can offer won't do that.

So, teams only need two big men; and they're good, right?

There is no way that a rotation of three big men, that put in work, could function right?

Love is younger; not yet, better. Nate and Lee would give Minny a volume rebounder and an explosive bench scorer. Both needed to succeed in today's NBA. Not saying there aren't better deals out there. But, I am saying the deal would be beneficial for both.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Why go and play for FREE on a team that does not trust you and takes another pg with the next pick and risk to be benched

That's just not true. The reason they took Flynn is precisely because of the situation that has occured where Rubio may not be playing for them. They needed a PG and wanted to make sure they could grab a good one.

colinskik
06-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I would say for NY to get Rubio they'll have to give up at least Wilson Chandler and a 1st round pick (which would probably be a top ten selection) and maybe Gallanari too.
Who's the one with the thick skull??

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM

hahahahahahaahahahahahahaaha. Love had the 4th highest rebound rate of an NBA rookie EVER. He was 3rd in offensive rpg in the NBA, 9th in rpg, and was #2 in rebound rate in the entire NBA. That is his specialty. Only Mr Howard is a better rebounder than Kevin Love brother

Lo Porto

Ask any reasonable person in the league - would you rather have 2 rookie PG's and 2 up-and-coming big men OR 1 rookie PG and 3 up-and-coming big men? I wonder what that answer is...

The Wolves might get more for Rubio from a team not named NY, but Rubio in NY would be great for the NBA.

BWBuffet
Stopped reading right there.

You're lying to yourself if you think Love is as good a rebounder as Lee. So cut the crap.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 02:05 PM
So, teams only need two big men; and they're good, right?

There is no way that a rotation of three big men, that put in work, could function right?

Love is younger; not yet, better. Nate and Lee would give Minny a volume rebounder and an explosive bench scorer. Both needed to succeed in today's NBA. Not saying there aren't better deals out there. But, I am saying the deal would be beneficial for both.

But don't you think Minny could get a much better deal elsewhere that fits their needs better from one of the other several teams reportedly calling them about Rubio? Absolutely.

Anyone who would take Lee over Love is just plain stupid.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 02:05 PM
You're lying to yourself if you think Love is as good a rebounder as Lee. So cut the crap.

show me then, prove it. I can prove to you how much better a rebounder Love is, but I will wait for you're response, and decide if it is even worth it to educate you on this subject

Ray_R
06-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Out Of Topic slightly Did u guys c the Knicks fan reaction when GS drafted Curry Priceless.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-26-2009, 02:08 PM

Minnesota has no leverage. Rubio can just refuse to play for them and make Kahn look like a moron. Or, he does play, and then Kahn still looks like a moron for pairing two point guards.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Shut the f-u-ck up ... I never said anything about the trade at hand. I was just defending Lee and Knicks franchise.

I don't know what the Wolves need cause I don't watch their boring *** games, but even Lee as the first big off the bench (where many think Lee should be instead of starting) would give you a sick front court.

And as a Knicks fan I don't even want Rubio. I think he's an out of control player. But big time kudos to your GM for drafting a player who probably will end up not playing for you when you could have drafted someone who could have helped your team more immediately.

Haha. I'm actually a Bulls fan, but if you read the thread I said I'd like to see the T'Wolves get back to respectability. They can make a much better deal than what the New York Losers can offer. As a matter of fact, my team has a PG named Derrick Rose who is already better than any player on your roster.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
agreed, this thread is pointless. Unless the Knicks give up Chandler and picks, they aren't getting Rubio. Move on

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Ask any reasonable person in the league - would you rather have 2 rookie PG's and 2 up-and-coming big men OR 1 rookie PG and 3 up-and-coming big men? I wonder what that answer is...

The Wolves might get more for Rubio from a team not named NY, but Rubio in NY would be great for the NBA.

So? Are you aware that the T'Wolves can trade him somewhere else?

LeBron in NY "would be great for the NBA" too right? That ain't happenin' either. Just because its great for the YOUR TEAM doesn't mean its great for the NBA.

cwilson21
06-26-2009, 02:12 PM

Is as good? He's BETTER than Lee and is 4.5 years younger. Knicks fans are very uneducated here on PSD. Did you not see the stats of how Love is a better rebounder than Lee?

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Who's the one with the thick skull??

Sorry, I forgot I'd have to tell the thick-skulled New York fans more than once.

You New York Knick fans are thick-skulled and not knowledgable.

Understand?

BWBuffet
06-26-2009, 02:15 PM
hahahahahahaahahahahahahaaha. Love had the 4th highest rebound rate of an NBA rookie EVER. He was 3rd in offensive rpg in the NBA, 9th in rpg, and was #2 in rebound rate in the entire NBA. That is his specialty. Only Mr Howard is a better rebounder than Kevin Love brother

Wow, look at you, up, early with the blasphemy. Love is a great off reb; a good def reb. Lee is great at both. Lee led the league in double doubles. But Howard is still a better rebounder; don't get caught in numbers. And rebounds per 48 min is a fun stat to look at but doesn't amount to much.

blackjack_119
06-26-2009, 02:18 PM

I am a fan of neither team and I know that Love is as good a rebounder as Lee. So, you cut the crap. And the crap is piled on pretty thick if Knicks fans think they can trade a third PF to Minnesota for Rubio. They could get a young center or wing player for Rubio which would be a much better trade.

Nobody cares how much the Knicks want Rubio. If they are looking to acquire talent, then they need talent to trade. They don't have enough to get Rubio, so they can wait for the 2010 draft to get a good player. Oh wait, they gave up that pick for Curry (the lazy fat one... not the talented one who was drafted right before their pick.)

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow, look at you, up, early with the blasphemy. Love is a great off reb; a good def reb. Lee is great at both. Lee led the league in double doubles. But Howard is still a better rebounder; don't get caught in numbers. And rebounds per 48 min is a fun stat to look at but doesn't amount to much.

Why? Because it shows that Love is actually a better rebounder? Face it. Love played 10 less minutes per game and only averaged 2 less rebounds!

BLooDShoT_GrK
06-26-2009, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Cubs Win;9921139

LeBron in NY "would be great for the NBA" too right? That ain't happenin' either. Just because its great for the YOUR TEAM doesn't mean its great for the NBA.[/QUOTE]

Not saying they are going to get him but pls explain how you can say that LeBRon on the Knicks isnt good for the NBA, NO IT CANT BE GOOD TO HAVE 1 OF ITS 2 BIGGEST STARS PLAYING IN THE BASKETBALL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD, how can that not be good for the NBA, moron.

BLooDShoT_GrK
06-26-2009, 02:20 PM
CUBSWIN ur not a bulls fan ur a knick hater, loooooooser

BWBuffet
06-26-2009, 02:21 PM
But don't you think Minny could get a much better deal elsewhere that fits their needs better from one of the other several teams reportedly calling them about Rubio? Absolutely.

Anyone who would take Lee over Love is just plain stupid.

Right now Lee is a better player; Love will be the better player. He just isn't there yet.

Am I am not saying Lee over Love. I'm thinking Lee and Love and Jefferson; and Minny's frontcourt is set.

I haven't received word of a better offer being on the table. So until otherwise, you can't tell me the deal don't have legs.

Lo Porto
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM

LeBron in NY "would be great for the NBA" too right? That ain't happenin' either. Just because its great for the YOUR TEAM doesn't mean its great for the NBA.

I'm a Jazz fan, but I know that resurgence of the Knicks would be good for the league. Other teams can trade for Rubio, but none of them cared enough to do so last night and I doubt anybody offers as good a player as David Lee to get Rubio.

MrBloop
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
like ive been saying, for them to get so much publicity, NY has little talent at all.

Nate Robinson
David Lee
Al Harrington
Wilson Chandler
Danillo Galinari
Now...
Jordan Hill
Toney Douglas
Darko Milicic

There is "Talent" on this Knick roster, and aside from Al Jefferson, you're team is pretty sub par. Infact, from an overall "depth" perspective the T-Wolves were one of the worst teams in the league. Johnny Flynn is a nice addition, so is Ellington, but Rubio just showed why nobody "GOOD" really wants to play for the T Wolves...OKC was higher on his list than Minny lol.

Trading him for a guy like Jordan Hill who could help them right away would be ideal. A front line rotation of Hill, Jeff, and "Minnesota's favorite son" "Mr. Tweet" himself, Kevin Love, would be pretty dynamic and solid. You Add a Flynn to that mix, and you got a really nice young core.

They would be wise to put ego aside and make a deal with somebody.

dtmagnet
06-26-2009, 02:23 PM

No it would be good for the Knicks, there is a difference.

Twinsfan24
06-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Not saying they are going to get him but pls explain how you can say that LeBRon on the Knicks isnt good for the NBA, NO IT CANT BE GOOD TO HAVE 1 OF ITS 2 BIGGEST STARS PLAYING IN THE BASKETBALL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD, how can that not be good for the NBA, moron.

I hate how everyone says NEW YORK is the basketball capital of the world... .TELL ME WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME NEW YORK WON A TITLE let alone competed in the NBA. Just cause its NEW YORK doesnt make it the basketball capital and you only say that cause the EAST COAST SPORTS PROPAGANDA NETWORK SAYS it. If any city was the basketball capital it would be LA OR BOSTON so shut the @#$# UP!!!!

DC Laker
Yeah, I just don't see what the Knicks can give that Minny should be interested in.

Minny already established that all they want is to dump contracts, get young and take there lumps while they rebuild young... Seems obvious by trading Foye AND Miller for the crap they got in return, plus a pick.

So why doesn't NY Have what they would want?
Hill is a solid young talented player, so is Chandler...

Plus Minny wants more picks. They traded a 1st round pick last night for an extra one next summer(Lawson) and the Knicks will not be a top tier team next year, so a #1 pick has value (The Knicks are not looking to inprove in the draft they are looking to make a HUGE Free Agent splash next summer, Does LeBron want to come play with draft picks?)

Plus NY can give $3 Million, (Max allowed in cash for any deal)

You really think some package of Hill, Next Years 1st, $3 Million, and some future right to swap picks or maybe some second rounders, isn't a good deal for Minny?

Remember Hill was drafted just 3 picks after Rubio, and there are enough questions about this kid, that teams who could have pulled the trigger on him passed...

DitchDat
Wolves don't need Lee. AT ALL

they should see what they could get from Sacramento.

nYk_wAy
06-26-2009, 02:25 PM

So Rubio, a guy 4 other teams passed up on, is threatening to stay in Europe for a couple years, and doesn't show up for the team press conference, is worth essentially 3 lottery picks from the Knicks?

I agree the price won't be cheap as some Knicks fans are saying/thinking/praying, but that's a bit far fetched yourself.

Who else wants to take a chance on Rubio? Sacramento seemed like a place Rubio was okay with, but they soured on him and didn't want to deal with a gamble. Clippers aren't a likely team. Lakers, I liked that proposal someone posted in this thread about Bynum+, I think it can work. Then again Bynum is locked in for years and big money now and has been a dissapointment for them this season down the stretch. That obviously can have to do with Gasol being there, but what about AlJeff being there for Minny, along with Love?

Your Bulls have Rose, who will Miami give up? He's not automatically coming to NY, but if his father/camp is seriously determined to get out of there and the Europe rumors are true, then NY should have a lesser price to pay. I mean this WAS a lottery pick the Wolves used. Kahn seems like a determined man, but I don't see him willing to wait if the season begins and Rubio is overseas playing. He will be dealt, and the Wolves will take the value they can get back. It was a gutsy move to take him in the first place.

Anyway...I don't think he'll be a Knick, I hope he will, but don't think so because I doubt we can strike a deal. Kahn seems determined to keep him unless they can get a lot out of him.

But thanks for the tip on LeBron not happening. Now who are we gonna get? :(

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 02:27 PM

do you know what rebound rate is? It is the % of available rebounds a player gets while he is on the floor. This doesn't factor in minutes played, or styles of the team. Love grabs 21% of all available rebounds while on the floor. #3 in the NBA. Lee, grabs 18.4%, 17th in the NBA. Should I continue with this? I don't do per 48, that is not accurate in looking at anything.
Love had the 4th highest rebound rate for and NBA rookie in history. At the age of 20, he is a better rebounder the David Lee is in his prime.

BWBuffet
06-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I am a fan of neither team and I know that Love is as good a rebounder as Lee. So, you cut the crap. And the crap is piled on pretty thick if Knicks fans think they can trade a third PF to Minnesota for Rubio. They could get a young center or wing player for Rubio which would be a much better trade.

Nobody cares how much the Knicks want Rubio. If they are looking to acquire talent, then they need talent to trade. They don't have enough to get Rubio, so they can wait for the 2010 draft to get a good player. Oh wait, they gave up that pick for Curry (the lazy fat one... not the talented one who was drafted right before their pick.)

I know you're wrong, you think you're right; Let's agree to disagree on the Lee/Love thing.

Name the young center or wing player that is expendable to a team that wants Rubio.

And if you think that a volume rebounder who finished at the rim, as well as most, is not worth a PG, who won't play for you; I don't know what to say. But God bless you.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Love also had as many double doubles his rookie year as Lee did in year 2. So it is safe to assume that Love will be a top double double machine in the next couple of years.

DC Laker
06-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I hate how everyone says NEW YORK is the basketball capital of the world... .TELL ME WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME NEW YORK WON A TITLE let alone competed in the NBA. Just cause its NEW YORK doesnt make it the basketball capital and you only say that cause the EAST COAST SPORTS PROPAGANDA NETWORK SAYS it. If any city was the basketball capital it would be LA OR BOSTON so shut the @#$# UP!!!!

I understand where you are comming from, but you have to realize the other side.
Minny is a basketball hell!!! Who wants to play there???

Not just because of the size of the town, not just because of the weather... but look at the franchise. How many coaches have they had the last 4 years? How sucessful have they been? Want to go to a team that already got rid of a top 5 player in teh league because they couldn't compete?

New York for all its faults, is lined up to have a HUGE SPLASH in Free agency! THey have a TOP LEVEL COACH WHO TONS OF PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY FOR IN A SYSTEM PLAYERS ENJOY!!! Plus, he has an international track record and understanding... SO a guy like Rubio would feel comfortable there.

Its not all just NY bias... there are lots of real reasons a player with any choice would go to the Knicks over the Wolves... Seriously, wouldn't you?

colinskik
06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
You obviously know nothing of the history of basketball. No one said NY is the NBA capital of the world ... it's the game of basketball. But I really don't expect you to know anything about NY's illustrious history in a myriad of avenues.

BWBuffet
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM

New York has and always will be the Mecca of Basketball. That's what it is; deal with it. Basketball is what we do. A lot of NBAers don't even play in NY; for fear of getting laughed off the court. U thinking it is bout Championships. All the best came from NY that's why we the Mecca. We were the Mecca before the championships in 70 and 73; and will remain so. Long after any of us is still twitching. Love it or Leave it alone.

Lo Porto
06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Minny already established that all they want is to dump contracts, get young and take there lumps while they rebuild young... Seems obvious by trading Foye AND Miller for the crap they got in return, plus a pick.

So why doesn't NY Have what they would want?
Hill is a solid young talented player, so is Chandler...

Plus Minny wants more picks. They traded a 1st round pick last night for an extra one next summer(Lawson) and the Knicks will not be a top tier team next year, so a #1 pick has value (The Knicks are not looking to inprove in the draft they are looking to make a HUGE Free Agent splash next summer, Does LeBron want to come play with draft picks?)

Plus NY can give $3 Million, (Max allowed in cash for any deal)

You really think some package of Hill, Next Years 1st, $3 Million, and some future right to swap picks or maybe some second rounders, isn't a good deal for Minny?

Remember Hill was drafted just 3 picks after Rubio, and there are enough questions about this kid, that teams who could have pulled the trigger on him passed...

You make some great points, but a couple things first. The Knicks don't have a 2010 1st it was traded away as part of the old Eddy Curry deal and the Jazz currently have it. Also, the Knicks tried to trade Chandler and #8 for #5 and the Wolves didn't bite.

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
I still don't know why you Knicks fans think they should have to trade less value to get Rubio to go there. Minnesota will have his draft rights, they don't have to sign him right away. They could sign him a few years down the road. And to say the Knicks are the only team interested is false. Several teams have seriously entertained the idea of trading for Rubio. Minnesota can trade him to any one of those teams. If they can get a better deal for him from a smaller market team, do you think they will care that New York, although offering less, is a bigger market for him? No, they'll let someone else deal with the market size problem.

And why would they trade someone of Rubio's caliber value-wise where for a back-up PF in Lee or Hill, when they could get a starting SF/SG and more value from other teams. I'm done dealing with all of you out of touch Knicks fans. I don't know how an entire fanbase can be sooooo out of touch with reality.

Twinsfan24
06-26-2009, 02:38 PM
I understand where you are comming from, but you have to realize the other side.
Minny is a basketball hell!!! Who wants to play there???

Not just because of the size of the town, not just because of the weather... but look at the franchise. How many coaches have they had the last 4 years? How sucessful have they been? Want to go to a team that already got rid of a top 5 player in teh league because they couldn't compete?

New York for all its faults, is lined up to have a HUGE SPLASH in Free agency! THey have a TOP LEVEL COACH WHO TONS OF PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY FOR IN A SYSTEM PLAYERS ENJOY!!! Plus, he has an international track record and understanding... SO a guy like Rubio would feel comfortable there.

Its not all just NY bias... there are lots of real reasons a player with any choice would go to the Knicks over the Wolves... Seriously, wouldn't you?

Im not saying that I wouldnt go there Trust me I hate our Franchise we went down the toilet ever since we were formed. But just cause lebron wants to go doesnt mean every big player does..... If every player wanted to go dont you think you would have some big time players by now??? Just saying...

cheetos185
06-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I still don't know why you Knicks fans think they should have to trade less value to get Rubio to go there. Minnesota will have his draft rights, they don't have to sign him right away. They could sign him a few years down the road. And to say the Knicks are the only team interested is false. Several teams have seriously entertained the idea of trading for Rubio. Minnesota can trade him to any one of those teams. If they can get a better deal for him from a smaller market team, do you think they will care that New York, although offering less, is a bigger market for him? No, they'll let someone else deal with the market size problem.

And why would they trade someone of Rubio's caliber value-wise where for a back-up PF in Lee or Hill, when they could get a starting SF/SG and more value from other teams. I'm done dealing with all of you out of touch Knicks fans. I don't know how an entire fanbase can be sooooo out of touch with reality.

Lee backup PF? the guy who led NBA in double double ... hill the top 5 player in this draft lol have u even seen NY's proposal cause from what i hear donnie hasn't even made an offer yet

BWBuffet
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
do you know what rebound rate is? It is the % of available rebounds a player gets while he is on the floor. This doesn't factor in minutes played, or styles of the team. Love grabs 21% of all available rebounds while on the floor. #3 in the NBA. Lee, grabs 18.4%, 17th in the NBA. Should I continue with this? I don't do per 48, that is not accurate in looking at anything.
Love had the 4th highest rebound rate for and NBA rookie in history. At the age of 20, he is a better rebounder the David Lee is in his prime.

Using obscure stats doesn't solidify your point. The percentage of available rebounds grabbed is dependent on who's on the court when those rebounds are available. U shouldn't have to bring up more stats to prove another stats. Stats stand alone; unless they ain't worth a damn.

nYk_wAy
06-26-2009, 02:44 PM

Why would he sign a few years down if he isn't signing now? Is Minnesota going to clear up the guard spot for him...and revamp and become a major city?

Why would a smaller market team trade for him? Surely they see what troubles are arising from Rubio in Minnesota, why would they go away if he went to another small market team?

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Using obscure stats doesn't solidify your point. The percentage of available rebounds grabbed is dependent on who's on the court when those rebounds are available. U shouldn't have to bring up more stats to prove another stats. Stats stand alone; unless they ain't worth a damn.

no, rebound rate is the definition of how easy it is to show. And if anything, having Al Jefferson and his 11.1 rpg on the floor made it more difficult, so that point is dead too.
This is very simple math. % of rebounds you grab while on the floor. This isn't difficult to understand. You have absolutely nothing expect rpg to back you're claim up. And Lee plays far more, so he should be getting more total rebounds. There were 16 players who were better rebounders than Lee this year. That is a fact

melbnutz
06-26-2009, 02:53 PM
i dont know how you would get around the $6.6 mil buyout, that is still a problem, and only $500,000 can be from the team

BLooDShoT_GrK
06-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Really? What burns people up, is that you idiots overrate your teams and players constantly. If it weren't for the *****y fans, I would root for New York teams, but I'd much rather see their ignorant and arrogant fans realize the mediocrity that plagues their shithole of a city.

And on another note, how am I the "assistant gatorade mixer of PSD?"

Is it my fact-backed arguments? Or rationale opinions?

Because I guess that would make you the PSD Shitlicker based on no facts ever presented and blatant homerism.

CUBS WIN is bitter cuz the team he roots for will NEVER win another championship his name says it all, they havent won in forever and will continue to not win because of an old greek man and his billygoat. For gods sake these are people who blew up a ball trying to end a curse, pathetic

BLooDShoT_GrK
06-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh My GOD! New York fans are stupid. Read the damn thread! Lee would absolutely be a back up PF behind Al Jeff and/or Kevin Love. And if you read the thread, Lee is the backbone of most of your "rational" New York fan offers.

Behind Jefferson maybe but not behind Love, the way u argue I think ur a closet T'wolves fan

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Behind Jefferson maybe but not behind Love, the way u argue I think ur a closet T'wolves fan

I think Love and Lee would have competed equally for minutes this past year, Love will be better by next season. Better rebounder, higher IQ, and more skilled. He is 20. Lee is 26, in his prime, and at his ceiling. Love is not.

BLooDShoT_GrK
06-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I think Love and Lee would have competed equally for minutes this past year, Love will be better by next season. Better rebounder, higher IQ, and more skilled. He is 20. Lee is 26, in his prime, and at his ceiling. Love is not.

For sure but we are talkin now not 2 or 3 years from now

Hellcrooner
man now i remeber hawkeye you are wolve famn you must be pissed with them picking rubi,

colinskik
The incessant, epidemic, known as "The New York Sports Bias" makes me laugh hysterically every time it crosses my path (every 5 mins on the PSD). It only proves how much other cities take the time out to hate on us, when we honestly could care less what goes on within their second rate sports scene, fans and all.

The New York fan can go into any city, any venue, any forum, and hold their heads up high with upmost swag and confidence, while deflecting any and all types of nobodies from their peripherals. It burns people up inside that even when our teams suk, we still garner more attention then some hapless NBA filler of a franchise.

Understand?

I apologize ranting, but this guy Cubswin, (The "assistant gatorade mixer of the PSD") TRIED to insult all New York Fans.
Well said my man

Cubs Win

First off, the fact that you had to talk about my baseball team in a basketball thread is hilarious. It just shows you have no argument. And maybe behind Jefferson! Are you serious?!? Al Jeff has averaged over 21/11 the past two years!

And Kevin Love played 10 less minutes per game than David Lee, but yet only averaged 5 less points and 2 less rebounds at 4.5 years younger. Why on earth would you put Love's career on hold to watch David Lee prove his numbers last year were inflated by D'Antoni?

Cubs Win
06-26-2009, 03:01 PM
For sure but we are talkin now not 2 or 3 years from now

Exactly, and 2 or 3 years from now Love will be much better than Lee. Your last statement only proves that the T'Wolves don't need Lee.

Lo Porto
06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
First off, Al is coming off of major surgery.
2nd, it's not like Love was the best young big in the game.
3rd, Lee is valuable wherever he plays.
Last, who cares who starts? Most teams dream of having a 3 big man rotation like that. Look at the Lakers who had 3 bigs rotate around.

Minnesota is better with Lee than they are with Rubio. They drafted Flynn because they needed "insurance".

b_rad23
06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Wilson Chandler and next year's first unprotected?

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 03:04 PM
man now i remeber hawkeye you are wolve famn you must be pissed with them picking rubi,

not at all, they had to. You can't let him fall to 5, and pass. Again, he has no leverage. he will either play in Minnesota, or he will have to go back to Europe for a few years and wait. He can be traded as well. I personally think he will be in a Wolves uniform in November. But, that is just a random guess

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 03:06 PM

Do the Knicks have a first rounder in 2010? But yes, now you are talking. I guarantee you the knicks woudln't do that trade. It would be stupid for them, and great for the Wolves. Chandler is better than 10 of the lottery picks from this weak draft will be

masalex1205
06-26-2009, 03:07 PM
i think that the Jazz or somebody has NY's 2010 pick.

btw BWBuffet, you're an idiot but you make me laugh so i like you

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
plus the Wolves own 3 first rounders in next years draft already. We aren't desperately looking for more picks that we will have to trade or package, if they come fine, but would rather have a nice young player that has already proven he belongs in the league

dtmagnet
06-26-2009, 03:11 PM

Knicks don't have a pick next year, but I think if the Knicks make a push for Rubio it would have to be centered around Chandler. I think Chandler and Gallinar(i)? is too high a cost and they should look to solve the point guard need elsewhere, Rubio obviously isn't the only point guard available for trade/free agent.

Lo Porto
06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
plus the Wolves own 3 first rounders in next years draft already. We aren't desperately looking for more picks that we will have to trade or package, if they come fine, but would rather have a nice young player that has already proven he belongs in the league

David Lee would make sense. Oh wait, that's been said. I think NY might would throw Nate Robinson in too...

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 03:16 PM
David Lee would make sense. Oh wait, that's been said. I think NY might would throw Nate Robinson in too...

David Lee would not make sense. You don't tie up million and millions on 3 guys who play the same position
Nate? Please. Take him out of that setting, and watch him become average. Plus, we drafted Flynn, who is very similar really, only bigger
any trade involving the Knicks would need to include Chandler, and something else

masalex1205
06-26-2009, 03:25 PM
yeaht he knicks just need to be patience, and concentrate on building throught he draft

Missing on Curry was big

NYtilIdie
06-26-2009, 03:26 PM
For real Chandler for Rubio isn't worth it. We are really judging Rubio off his potential yeah he has a high potential, but not sure if he'll reach it he did good overseas, but how good can he be in the NBA? Chandler is great and all he needs to do is improve his shooting and then in 2 or 3 yrs he'll be an all-star.

So I think were better off sticking with Duhon/Nate then trade Chandler for Rubio.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 03:26 PM
yeaht he knicks just need to be patience, and concentrate on building throught he draft

Missing on Curry was big

maybe, I think Curry has a very good skillset, but needs to be in a running offense. Nice pickup for GS, and now they can move Ellis for the right deal

atl_braves_fan
06-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I think that you have to assume that one of them is getting traded. Unless Minnesota is going to drop out of the NBA and try to dominate the 6'5" and under league at the St. Paul YMCA.

colinskik
06-26-2009, 04:01 PM
David Lee would not make sense. You don't tie up million and millions on 3 guys who play the same position
Nate? Please. Take him out of that setting, and watch him become average. Plus, we drafted Flynn, who is very similar really, only bigger
any trade involving the Knicks would need to include Chandler, and something else
Flynn is 5'11 ... so it's really pointless to say he's bigger ... Nate's got more muscle and can get to any point on the floor

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Flynn is 5'11 ... so it's really pointless to say he's bigger ... Nate's got more muscle and can get to any point on the floor

Flynn is about 6', with a winspan. Nate is more like 5'8". They are similar players is what I mean, freak athletes. We have a 6' version of nate is all I mean, don't really need another one.

BWBuffet
06-26-2009, 07:05 PM
i think that the Jazz or somebody has NY's 2010 pick.

btw BWBuffet, you're an idiot but you make me laugh so i like you

your moms an idiot for not swallowing you.

GiantYankKnicks
06-26-2009, 07:10 PM
After Ricky Rubio skipped his introductory press conference with the Wolves, Marca.com says that discussions on a possible trade to send Rubio to the Knicks are under way.

The report cites sign-and-trades of David Lee and Nate Robinson although such a deal could not be consummated until after the July moratorium is lifted.

Marca.com says it can confirm these negotiations to send Rubio to New York but there is no way to independently verify the report.

Marc Berman reports on the situation in his New York Post blog.

"The Knicks privately believe Rubio wants to be in New York and his agent Dan Fegan will work hard to make that happen," writes Berman. "The Knicks have intricate knowledge of Rubio's buyout contract; their European scout, Kevin Wilson, lives in Barcelona and is friends of the family."

Berman also says that the Knicks "believe" that Rubio's contract buyout, currently standing at $6.5 million, "can easily be worked out."

According to Berman's source, Rubio's camp "is hopeful the Knicks move in and strike a deal with the T'wolves."
Could Happen

AI4MVP
06-26-2009, 07:40 PM
i dont get why the twolves would welcome david lee being involved in a trade for ricky rubio when they already have an up and comng young pf in kevin love..so whats the reasoning behind this

nycericanguy
06-26-2009, 07:59 PM
how about Chandler, Lee, Hill, and our 2012 1st round pick unprotected for Rubio & Love?

(we dont have a pick in 2010 and minnesota already has plenty of picks next year, and we cant trade our 1st in 2011 under league rules)

Knicks win because they get their PG, and can replace Lee with Love.

Wolves get 2 very cheap players with great talent in Chandler & Hill, and they get a very solid proven PF in Lee. And they get a 2012 1st round pick.

Kabowdos
06-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Something is definitely going on with Rubio that we all don't know about.

Minny draft two PGs... they have to be getting rid of one or Rubio is going to go back overseas... I don't see them keeping both.

Ray_R
06-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Not hating on NY but there not the Basketball Capital if it was the order would be
1Boston
2LA
3Chicago
They may have a hell of a baseball team but not basketball. Every city can suck at one sport its ok.

PhillyBoomerang
06-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Rubio will be a knick most likely.. Soon America's Team will be the all foreign team.. Rubio won't be on the T-Wolves..

dtmagnet
06-26-2009, 10:15 PM
how about Chandler, Lee, Hill, and our 2012 1st round pick unprotected for Rubio & Love?

(we dont have a pick in 2010 and minnesota already has plenty of picks next year, and we cant trade our 1st in 2011 under league rules)

Knicks win because they get their PG, and can replace Lee with Love.

Wolves get 2 very cheap players with great talent in Chandler & Hill, and they get a very solid proven PF in Lee. And they get a 2012 1st round pick.

Thats more reasonable than pretty much every previous idea that has been thrown out there.

NYK|NYY
06-26-2009, 10:18 PM
3 team deal is the only way I really see it going down. Maybe with Portland.

static_inferno
06-26-2009, 11:23 PM
the Knicks have nothing of value to offer Minnesota. the Wolves accepting any of New York's players will just be plain foolish.

BWBuffet
06-27-2009, 02:19 AM
Not hating on NY but there not the Basketball Capital if it was the order would be
1Boston
2LA
3Chicago
They may have a hell of a baseball team but not basketball. Every city can suck at one sport its ok.

NBA players don't go to Boston, LA, or Chicago every summer; to prove their worth. They go to NY. Where it's everyday thing to see an NBA player or two ballin at some outdoor court. It's not about the sport; it's about the game. NY is the Mecca of basketball; not just the NBA.

abe_froman
06-27-2009, 02:25 AM
NBA players don't go to Boston, LA, every summer; to prove their worth.

the hell...:confused:

how not?

ggb108
06-27-2009, 02:33 AM
NY is basketball's mother...

THE MTL
06-27-2009, 04:00 AM
1Boston
2LA
3Chicago

It has nothing to do with Championships (Celtics), Playoff Appearances (Lakers), or Greatest of All-Time (Chicago).

It's so much more............Its the history, the culture, the fans, the streets.

Ray_R
06-28-2009, 02:32 AM
It has nothing to do with Championships (Celtics), Playoff Appearances (Lakers), or Greatest of All-Time (Chicago).

It's so much more............Its the history, the culture, the fans, the streets.

excally History has happend in chicago Boston and LA the only history that has happend in NY was when LBJ N Kobe dropped 50 each on the Knicks not far apart neither.

Ray_R
06-28-2009, 02:33 AM
NY is basketball's mother...

:drunk:

Ray_R
06-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Bsides this has 2 b about rubio sorry for the side tracking.

FaceDown91
06-28-2009, 03:10 AM
When u hear great legends like MJ, Kobe, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, u hear those names from teams of Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, etc. But what about the Knicks? Walt Frazier? Patrick Ewing? You hardly ever hear those names when it comes to listing some legends in your head. And not only that, but none of the Knicks legends were anything like the legends we always hear today.

Sorry Knicks fans but Basketball is just not for NY.

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Patrick Ewing, Earl the Pearl Monroe, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier...

Do you even know the Knickerbockers?

And Basketball not being in New York... taking that as a general phrase, do you know who was born in Brooklyn, New York on February 17th, 1963?

Look it up.

FaceDown91
06-28-2009, 03:23 AM
Patrick Ewing, Earl the Pearl Monroe, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier...

Do you even know the Knickerbockers?

And Basketball not being in New York... taking that as a general phrase, do you know who was born in Brooklyn, New York on February 17th, 1963?

Look it up.

i know those knicks players as well. now try putting those players in the same sentence as players like bill russel, MJ, Bird, Kareem, Hakeem, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, julius Erving, Magic Johnsom, James Worthy, John Stockton, Karl Malone, John Havelchick (spelled last name wrong)

just those names that i came up with in my head. Those players. None of the Knicks legends come even close to these guys. And these are just the names i came up with in my head like i said. There is probley a lot more that knicks legends don't even come close too.

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 03:26 AM
Don't be disrespecting Patrick, or he'll dunk on you eating a Snickers.

FaceDown91
06-28-2009, 03:36 AM
ok, now here's a total list of all time greats that none of these Knicks legends even come close too. (not in order)

Michael Jordan
Wilt Chamberlain
Bill Russell
Shaquille O’Neal
Oscar Robertson
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Tim Duncan
Larry Bird
Jerry West
Elgin Baylor
Kobe Bryant
Hakeem Olajuwon
Bob Pettit
Julius Erving
Moses Malone
John Havlicek
Karl Malone
Isiah Thomas
Charles Barkley
Rick Barry
John Stockton
Elvin Hayes
Bob Cousy
David Robinson
Kevin McHale
Scottie Pippen
George Mikan
Kevin Garnett
Nate Thurmond
George Gervin
Clyde Drexler
Dominique Wilkins

This many, i can't even count those but this many, knicks legends don't even touch to these.

FaceDown91
06-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Don't be disrespecting Patrick, or he'll dunk on you eating a Snickers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxG6F8qKsoQ

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Well Earl "The Pearl" could compare to a lot of those guys and Ewing I may even take over those guys. Barkley especially. LOL.

And don't show me Ewing getting dunked on by Jordan, show me him getting dunked on by a scrub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBF1lsZUlUI

You're Ryan and cheap shot on the Isiah Thomas, that's just mean to mention him in Knicks conversation.

abe_froman
06-28-2009, 03:53 AM

and it as more history than c's or lakers..how?

they have culture to,culture of winning,of legends(bigger than any kick legend),and what about the fans cant be matched or exceeded by c's or lakers

not saying ny isnt great but putting yourselves up with or saying more sought after to play for,is laughable...most you guys are from ny;so give you an analogy:its akin to comparing the cubs to the yankees(and saying plays are falling over themselves to go to chi and not yanks)..it sounds absurd doesnt it?

FaceDown91
06-28-2009, 04:35 AM
Well Earl "The Pearl" could compare to a lot of those guys and Ewing I may even take over those guys. Barkley especially. LOL.

And don't show me Ewing getting dunked on by Jordan, show me him getting dunked on by a scrub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBF1lsZUlUI

You're Ryan and cheap shot on the Isiah Thomas, that's just mean to mention him in Knicks conversation.

Of course that's coming from a knicks fan. :rolleyes:

And when has any scrub made a highlight dunk reel? but ill do u better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzpRdC6WS8

Were talking Isiah as a player, not a GM.

bkmikeyy
06-28-2009, 04:47 AM
you guys are aware that when we talk about NY being the mecca of basketball we are not necessarily talking about the NBA. The city itself is where any half decent player has to come and prove their worth. This is where it all began ladies and gentlemen, please look up Rucker Park and have some of the most storied college basketball programs. Rucker park is a right of passage for just about any player that has made it to the NBA and most street ball legends. I promise you that any great NBA player you have named has been to Rucker Park and will tell you it was one of their most important games ever. Please do your research on the city itself before you throw some stats at me how the Bulls got lucky and drafted Jordan (Born in Brooklyn) so they are suddenly the center of basketball.

Here is a recent documentary showing the young guys just entering into the league, describing their experience in the MECCA OF BASKETBALL

http://www.hulu.com/watch/79440/gunnin-for-that-1-spot

bkmikeyy
06-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Oh and don't worry the Knicks are still one of the most talked about franchises and still have one of the largest fan bases even though they have been struggling for a while now. Don't worry that will all change soon and once they become a winning franchise again they will become the most popular NBA team which is where they belong

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Of course that's coming from a knicks fan. :rolleyes:

Actually I'm a Rockets fan, you should do your research before trying to insult someone. Just because I'm from New York it doesn't make me a Knicks fan, but rather being a fan of logic allows me to know that Patrick Ewing is a HoF'er and the Knicks franchise has hosted a plethora of talent. Maybe not that of the Lakers or 76ers, but it is still a franchise that has been around for over half a century. So is basketball important to New York? Yes.

Does it make them any less fans because they don't have good players? No. Knicks fans still came out to their games when they had Penny Hardaway and Stephon Marbury on the court, so don't bash New York basketball just because they may not have had Jordan or Russell.

I just find all of the points invalid of the players that played there, a superstar would fit well there and they are a big market team. That is not debatable and next time if you could actually figure out that not all people from New York are Knicks fans then you may be able to stop stereotyping in general.:)

dtmagnet
06-28-2009, 01:59 PM
you guys are aware that when we talk about NY being the mecca of basketball we are not necessarily talking about the NBA. The city itself is where any half decent player has to come and prove their worth. This is where it all began ladies and gentlemen, please look up Rucker Park and have some of the most storied college basketball programs. Rucker park is a right of passage for just about any player that has made it to the NBA and most street ball legends. I promise you that any great NBA player you have named has been to Rucker Park and will tell you it was one of their most important games ever. Please do your research on the city itself before you throw some stats at me how the Bulls got lucky and drafted Jordan (Born in Brooklyn) so they are suddenly the center of basketball.

Here is a recent documentary showing the young guys just entering into the league, describing their experience in the MECCA OF BASKETBALL

http://www.hulu.com/watch/79440/gunnin-for-that-1-spot

Basketball was invented in Canada by Dr. James Naismith.

Ray_R
06-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh and don't worry the Knicks are still one of the most talked about franchises and still have one of the largest fan bases even though they have been struggling for a while now. Don't worry that will all change soon and once they become a winning franchise again they will become the most popular NBA team which is where they belong

OK:smoking:

Ray_R
06-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Basketball was invented in Canada by Dr. James Naismith.

actually it was created in the U.S but the Dr. Naismith was canadian

Don Starks
06-28-2009, 10:33 PM
first of all just because the bulls made a nice run in the 90's doesnt make them this top basketball city. i currently reside in Chicago and there has been no conversation about them until they recently made a nice playoff run. people here and in newspapers admit to not watching the bulls since the 90's because nothing compares to those teams of the 90's. its not a knock on the city, and yes there is more of a fanbase on the southside, but for such a big city, for only half of it to be true fans proves it is not a top three basketball city. they are much more about the cubs and bears here. (the white sox get constantly overshadowed) but anyway if we are talking about why NY is a top basketball city i will give you a big reason why we have a hand in the greatness of the Chicago Dynasty and the Lakers Dynasty: Phil Jackson. played for the knicks for 8 years, and learned how to coach from Red Holtzman

quote from phil jackson
""He is the reason why I am a coach, obviously," Jackson said of his old Knick mentor. "He told me I would be a coach. He said, 'You see the game.' The one year I was sitting out injured, I asked him questions about coaching. He used to tell me, 'It's not rocket science, Phil. It's not rocket science.' He was pretty basic about his basketball: See the ball on defense and hit the open man on offense. But he also had a great feel for people and how to get them motivated."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/06/10/2009-06-10_memory_of_red_holzman.html#ixzz0Jmc84tFi&C

Don Starks
06-28-2009, 10:33 PM
i can understand the celtics and lakers claims as greatest franchises, its a valid point. but chicago hasnt done anything to be considered one of the greatest franchises, neither has NY necessarily. Chitown has 6 trophies concetrated in one decade which is an impressive run. but they did nothing before the arrival of phil jackson (the bulls had jordan since the mid 80's and didnt win anything.) if we are talking in terms of best basketball cities, in the sense of places where people grow up and play basketball and make it to the pro level then i would have to say its LA, Chicago and NY in no particular order. Chicago has a ton of talent in the NBA right now, Derrick rose, Eddy curry (dont laugh) isiah thomas and many others. same goes for NY, you got rafer alston, ron artest, lamar odom, marbary.

KnicksR4Real
06-28-2009, 10:41 PM
can u send me any new links on this, got no real news