PDA

View Full Version : With the 21st pick the Hornets select... Darren Collison

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2009, 09:33 PM
The pick has finally been made. Grade and discuss the Hornets selection of Darren Collison

bahama0811
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Good pick for the Hornets!!!

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Horrible pick in my opinion. Mid to late second round talent. He isn't much of a scorer and that's what the Hornets needed. They passed up on too much of good talent.

Fail.

Vinny642
06-26-2009, 01:18 AM
It was a safe pick, no we dont gotta get Pargo

Juju
06-26-2009, 01:28 AM
Good pick! We now have a guy to carry the load and give CP a breather on the bench. And plus we don't need to see Daniels or Brown throw the ball around~

tland22
06-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Id rate this pick a C. I think PARGO would be more effective than Collison, we should just sign him and not drafted a backup PG and took Budinger or Sam Young or Blair etc.... I dont know. This pick was "safe" I guess. But i doubt he turns out better than Pargo- who was actually did give us loads of scoring for when the second team entered the game. I guess it is a decent pick Not a total "fail" but just decent at best.

Now, I upgrade our draft status to a B after getting Marcus Thornton form MIA. BELIEVE that! Solid draft. I like it.

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2009, 12:38 PM
The reason why I dislike this pick so much is because I agree with tland about Pargo. I think a point guard would have been good if it was anyone that was drafted before Maynor. Collison needs to work on his offensive skills. He isn't much of a scorer. That's what we needed and he doesn't have it. We kind of got it in Thornton. I see Thornton being more effective than Collison. Hopefully we can land that guy we needed in free agency because we didn't get him in the draft.

D-Will4Prez
06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
"One point guard didn't show.

Another did, and not only worked out, but did so much to the Jazz's surprise.

The one who didn't come to Utah's eight-man pre-draft auditions Sunday was UCLA product Darren Collison, who evidently shied away because of the presence of another certain Jazz point.

Collison, a projected mid-to-late first-round pick in Thursday's NBA Draft, was a late scratch Friday.

He, Jazz player personnel vice president Walt Perrin said Sunday, felt that "because of Deron Williams, he may not get a lot of playing time."

Translation: Utah, please don't pick me.

This was an article posted in Utah's Deseret News. I thought it was funny when New Orleans drafted him. If he didn't think he'd get much playing time behind Deron he sure won't get much behind CP3 >.> He seems like a solid point guard though just maybe a bit of a prima-donna? I was rather sad to see that
Jeremy Pargo (brother of Janerro Pargo) wasn't drafted, he seems to be a very talented point guard who could see the advantages of learning behind the 2 best in the league (CP3, Deron), maybe he'll get in next year :confused:.
I do believe though that if Tyler Hansborough had fallen to 20 Utah would've taken him and drafted Jeremy Pargo in the 2nd round and maybe you guys could've gotten Maynor?

tland22
06-27-2009, 05:13 PM
interesting!