PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Hawks select Jeff Teague with the 19th Pick

Ragun
06-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Nice pick. Congrats. You guys have your backup PG now.

ATL_Representa
06-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Great pick..Im excited!..I think we have our PG of the future now..Teague has alot of potential..We got a very scary team looking toward the future..Imagine Teague and smooth on a fastbreak or Teague and Joe in the same backcourt...Sund has made very solid moves so far as our new gm..

Tell us about ya boy countrycasanova!!!!

countrycasanova
06-26-2009, 02:07 AM
Great pick..Im excited!..I think we have our PG of the future now..Teague has alot of potential..We got a very scary team looking toward the future..Imagine Teague and smooth on a fastbreak or Teague and Joe in the same backcourt...Sund has made very solid moves so far as our new gm..

Tell us about ya boy countrycasanova!!!!

^^^^LOL :D :). Im stoked. Woodson hopefully puts this kid in a position to succeed and let him play to his strengths. I'm very satisfied with the pick. Diehard Knicks Lifer, but I do mess wit da Hawks; now they just got two of my boys (C-RAW/"ICE"-TEAgue)...I'm offcially a Hawks FAN :speechless:. Hawks/Magic Souf baskestball is jumping!!!!! P.S. There is an OFFICIAL "ICE"-TEAgue Thread...whoever can get some youtube clips of my boy in action, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

ndnpride8806
06-26-2009, 05:47 AM
I think it's a solid pick, and if Acie Law could get minutes last year, Teague should definitely hit the floor some time in the regular season.

hawksd911
06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
I wonder what will be our Depth Chart next year.... my guess is

1.Crawfish
2.JJ
3.Big Al
4.JS
5. Free agent/trade.

bravesfan22193
06-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Al will not play the three unless you're coming up with some new lineup. Ideally I'd like our team to look like
PG- Jamaal Crawford/Flip Murray/Jeff Teague
SG- Joe Johnson/Mo Evans/Flip Murray
SF- Josh Smith/Marvin Williams/Mo Evans
PF- Al Horford/Josh Smith/Solomon Jones
C- Rasheed Wallace (FA)/Zaza Pachulia/Al Horford

SB75
06-26-2009, 03:58 PM
I like the pick. I think he was the best available player.

CMO
06-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Great pick up. Good talent and skill set now and even more potential. Glad to have him as a Hawk. So far I believe that Sund is making the right moves. 2nd rnd pick ?

hawksd911
06-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Al will not play the three unless you're coming up with some new lineup. Ideally I'd like our team to look like
PG- Jamaal Crawford/Flip Murray/Jeff Teague
SG- Joe Johnson/Mo Evans/Flip Murray
SF- Josh Smith/Marvin Williams/Mo Evans
PF- Al Horford/Josh Smith/Solomon Jones
C- Rasheed Wallace (FA)/Zaza Pachulia/Al Horford

Yeah i meant for him to be PF, just the wrong order.

hawksd911
06-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Great pick up. Good talent and skill set now and even more potential. Glad to have him as a Hawk. So far I believe that Sund is making the right moves. 2nd rnd pick ?

I like the 2nd round pick, he averaged 15 points a game and he is only 19 years old, also he is like our version of JJ Reddick, he has a smooth shot.

ATL_Representa
06-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Only thing I dont like about the 2nd round pick is we might not never see him play.

bravesfan22193
06-26-2009, 08:34 PM
i'd rather take a guy like that who could become the next euro star than a guy to fill out the bench. We took a guy with upside rather than a 12th man and that's what the second round should be about, hoping to hit it big

ATL_Representa
06-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Check out history with euro players..Not too good!!

I mean we just might see him in a couple years with that 3pt stroke he has and only being 19..Im just not getting my hopes up.

SB75
06-27-2009, 03:19 AM
You guys have got to read the paper on this kid. Woody and Joe Johnson sound very happy with the pick, They also sound very happy about the Jamal trade. Woody came down a little on Law. Jeff sounded very happy to be a Hawk, And I like how he kept saying how hard he was going to work. I hope he backs it up. It reminded me of the first time I said ok I love Vick, but I willing to see what this kid has. In Matt Ryans 1rst interview with the Falcons, all he talked about was how hard he was going to work. He proved a lot of the critics wrong, I hope Jeff does the same.

SB75
06-27-2009, 03:39 AM
Woody also called Jeff a true pg. I don't know about that, but I still like the pick. In time I think he can become a Kenny Anderson/ Sam Cassell type player, but it's going to take sometime. Kenny wasn't a pass first guard when he came into the NBA, neither was Sam. But both developed into very good pg's, I'm hoping the same for Jeff. Leaning a little more toward a better shooting Kenny Anderson before he broke his wrist. It also only took Kenny one year to become a pass first pg.