PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats select Gerald Henderson (#12)

Corey
06-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Thoughts?

Ideal pick? Who would you rather have picked? Does he fit your system?

sacgiants1213
06-25-2009, 08:46 PM
good luck in Charlotte, Gerald. Thanks for the Duke memories.

DerekRE_3
06-25-2009, 08:47 PM
I think he is the perfect fit for us, he fits a need, and maybe he can eventually replace Bell at SG. Love this pick.

NBA_Starter
06-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Seeing a little bit of the right color of (Duke) Blue added into to all of that already ugly Tar Heel blue in Charlotte is priceless. This is like a Dream scenario for me being a Duke and Bobcat fan!:clap::cheers:

Reedball
06-25-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm a Bobcats fan and I hope he proves me wrong, but no way can he take over for what Raja Bell does. He is not a 3 pt shooting threat by any means. He shoots 33 percent from a college three point line. Unfortunately Williams was gone the pick before, but knowing that I would've traded down. Not much difference from 12 to 22 or more. Dejuan Blair wouldve been a nice backup at PF. And No I'm not a Duke hater. In fact I dont like Duke or UNC. Interesting pick if you want him to be the next Bell.

DerekRE_3
06-25-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm a Bobcats fan and I hope he proves me wrong, but no way can he take over for what Raja Bell does. He is not a 3 pt shooting threat by any means. He shoots 33 percent from a college three point line. Unfortunately Williams was gone the pick before, but knowing that I would've traded down. Not much difference from 12 to 22 or more. Dejuan Blair wouldve been a nice backup at PF. And No I'm not a Duke hater. In fact I dont like Duke or UNC. Interesting pick if you want him to be the next Bell.

Does he have to do exactly what Raja Bell does to be successful? I don't think anyone is expecting him to be the next Raja Bell, but he may be his eventual successor.

homestarunner93
06-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Great pick, considering Williams went right before him. Its too bad that DeJuan Blair went two picks before ours in the second round. :mad:
I still liked the pickup of Derrick Brown, should be able to replace Radmanovic. Maybe we will get a Dalembert trade done now?

lavell12
06-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Henderson isn't a very good long range shooter but he has a really great turn around and fade away jumper. He was very good from about 18 feet, he is a freak of an athelete and will make a lot of highlights for the Bobcats. If you are worried about getting a great shooter than why would you want Williams he is worse than Henderson at shooting.

JakeDelbreezy
06-26-2009, 07:45 AM
I like the pick b/c defense and atleticism typically are things you don't have to wait on an NBA rookie to develop, he'll bring those things to the table right away. As far as his 3 point shooting...Raja Bell was an abysmal 3 point shooter coming into the league and eventually became a decent shooter. All I can see is Felton, Crash and Henderson on the break after one of them gets a steal...sounds good to me.

op12
06-26-2009, 11:52 AM
love the pick. he is athletic and can play d and get to the basket. i think he and felton could be a strong backcourt for a while. we still need to get a strong C. i also wish we had picked danny green in the 2nd in case henderson doesnt workout. i think green couldve backed up the 2 and 3. i know im a unc fan but i like the henderson pick.

masalex1205
06-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Solid pick, not excited about it but it fills a need. He also has a lot of upside and low bust potential.

CityofTreez
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Good pick by the Charlotte Bobcats, i like this guy alot

GreatMustachio1
06-26-2009, 02:34 PM
love the pick. he is athletic and can play d and get to the basket. i think he and felton could be a strong backcourt for a while. we still need to get a strong C. i also wish we had picked danny green in the 2nd in case henderson doesnt workout. i think green couldve backed up the 2 and 3. i know im a unc fan but i like the henderson pick.

i was kind of hoping they could have gotten Green too. But only if he was still around at 54. They did the right thing by taking brown. He is a great player with and NBA body and not only does he fill a need, but he also was the best player available. Very nice job picking him. It was ashame those stupid spurs took Blair with the 38, but im very pleased with Brown and I think he will definately contribute to our team. Atleast more than May, thats for sure.

op12
06-26-2009, 02:39 PM
i was kind of hoping they could have gotten Green too. But only if he was still around at 54. They did the right thing by taking brown. He is a great player with and NBA body and not only does he fill a need, but he also was the best player available. Very nice job picking him. It was ashame those stupid spurs took Blair with the 38, but im very pleased with Brown and I think he will definately contribute to our team. Atleast more than May, thats for sure.

im hearing a lot of people say brown is athletic and has great potential. i hope all of you are right. i dont know a whole lot about him. could be a good backup to wallace and really give us a solid 2nd 5 if he can contribute.

masalex1205
06-26-2009, 03:27 PM

I know, Blair would have been the perfect fit behind Diaw and more importantly we could have told Sean May to go get a job at the All you can eat buffet down the street from the arena.

GiantYankKnicks
06-26-2009, 04:31 PM
The Cats must have been crushed wen T-Will went 11 but this is a very solid pick 4 them and LB will use him in the best way possible