PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace will determine who wins the east!?!?

Hoopsadvocate
06-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Both the vince carter and shaq additions were great moves by their respective teams. While watching ESPN i have to say i agree carter may be the bigger upgrade but more importantly Rasheed wallace will be the final piece that can put either team over the top and potentially win the EAST.

Thoughts?

marlinsfan24
06-25-2009, 07:21 PM
He's going to the Spurs imo

zambo4president
06-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I can see Sheed signing on with San Antonio.

ManRam
06-25-2009, 07:26 PM
The Magic could definitely use him. I don't know if he wants more than the MLE or not, but if we lose Hedo, we NEED to get Sheed. Imagine a

PG-Nelson (6-0)
SG-Carter (6-6)
SF-Lewis (6-10)
PF-Sheed (6-11)
C-Howard (7-0)

That's a tall lineup, with a ton of offensive fire power. I'd rather have Sheed than Hedo, just because he's a better fit. He's a great defender, and a solid rebounder. I want a true PF. Shard wont get it done vs. LA, and maybe even Boston with KG healthy. Sheed would.

Sheed is going to have a big say. No doubt.

Hoopsadvocate
06-25-2009, 07:27 PM
C webb also pointed out the formula for a championship. Dominant center (in this example he said shaq but howard can be used here too) + great 2 guard + a shooting pf = championship. Aka shaq + kobe/wade + horry/walker. Which is why sheed is the missing piece in both teams even though 'Bron is techniquely a forward.

Unec
06-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Sheed will come back home to philly imo it makes perfect sense and also makes the 76ers "argueably" a top 5 team in the east. But if not the 76ers i can see him signing with the spurs, they are the 2 choices.

pd7631
06-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Sheed and AI should both go to Cleveland.....

PG-Mo Williams
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Lebron James
PF-Rasheed Wallace
C-Shaquille O'Neal
--------------------
BN-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
BN-Delonte West
BN-Anderson Varejao
BN-1st round pick
BN-JJ Hickson
BN-Daniel Gibson

wow.....what a lineup

x the game x
are the cavs still interested in him?

ChiSox219
The Magic could definitely use him. I don't know if he wants more than the MLE or not, but if we lose Hedo, we NEED to get Sheed. Imagine a

PG-Nelson (6-0)
SG-Carter (6-6)
SF-Lewis (6-10)
PF-Sheed (6-11)
C-Howard (7-0)

That's a tall lineup, with a ton of offensive fire power. I'd rather have Sheed than Hedo, just because he's a better fit. He's a great defender, and a solid rebounder. I want a true PF. Shard wont get it done vs. LA, and maybe even Boston with KG healthy. Sheed would.

That would be sick but aren't the Magic over the cap with 7 players on their roster? Sheed would have to sign for MLE and the Magic would then have to sign MIN players?

Hoopsadvocate
06-25-2009, 07:29 PM

PG-Nelson (6-0)
SG-Carter (6-6)
SF-Lewis (6-10)
PF-Sheed (6-11)
C-Howard (7-0)

Agreed id let Hedo walk ( i think thats what the magic were thinking btw as pointed out by Steward scott both camps can not agreeing on the salary) and get sheed and a backup pg from the draft and your set.

Hoopsadvocate
06-25-2009, 07:31 PM

PG-Mo Williams
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Lebron James
PF-Rasheed Wallace
C-Shaquille O'Neal
--------------------
BN-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
BN-Delonte West
BN-Anderson Varejao
BN-1st round pick
BN-JJ Hickson
BN-Daniel Gibson

wow.....what a lineup

Not enough ball to go around an iverson/ lebron team alone would have close to 50 attempts a game. that would mess them up imo.

ManRam
That would be sick but aren't the Magic over the cap with 7 players on their roster? Sheed would have to sign for MLE and the Magic would then have to sign MIN players?

That's what I said. I don't know what he's willing to sign for...but if he's going to SA or Orlando, it will have to be for the MLE (maybe a Hedo S&T?).

The Magic are going to have to sign a couple MIN players. They have the MLE, the option to bring Gortat or Hedo back, and MIN players. That's all. No draft picks.

If he wants more than the MLE, he's probably not going to a contender. If he wants the MLE, I will be praying he signs with Orlando. Doubt it will happen, but I hope it does.

Moral of the story, I'd rather have Sheed than Hedo. But Hedo is still the more likely option.

Chronz

PG-Mo Williams
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Lebron James
PF-Rasheed Wallace
C-Shaquille O'Neal
--------------------
BN-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
BN-Delonte West
BN-Anderson Varejao
BN-1st round pick
BN-JJ Hickson
BN-Daniel Gibson

wow.....what a lineup

Believe me when I say this, the last guy they want to pair Bron with is Allen Iverson.

Unec
Sheed wont go to cleveland after the shaq trade and orlando cant afford him ...sheed will be in san antonio or philadelphia when the season starts!!

Sheed and a healthy elton brand is a force along with iggy and thad

ManRam
06-25-2009, 07:33 PM

PG-Mo Williams
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Lebron James
PF-Rasheed Wallace
C-Shaquille O'Neal
--------------------
BN-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
BN-Delonte West
BN-Anderson Varejao
BN-1st round pick
BN-JJ Hickson
BN-Daniel Gibson

wow.....what a lineup

If I'm a Cavs fan, I don't want AI at all.

TRF929
06-25-2009, 07:35 PM
He's going to San Antonio, in the past he's said he wanted to play with Duncan and here's his chance. With Jefferson traded, its even more likely Sheed to SA
Parker
Mason Jr
Jefferson
Duncan
Sheed
Manu off bench
Possible Gooden off bench

ManRam
06-25-2009, 07:39 PM
He's going to San Antonio, in the past he's said he wanted to play with Duncan and here's his chance. With Jefferson traded, its even more likely Sheed to SA
Parker
Mason Jr
Jefferson
Duncan
Sheed
Manu off bench
Possible Gooden off bench

That's a crazy starting 5 (pretending Manu is starting). If he goes to SA, and Manu is healthy, they're my favorites to win it all.

pedawee
06-25-2009, 07:40 PM
sheed hasent been a good rebounder in 3 years plus all he wants to do is shoot 3s goodluck gettin him to bang down low

JordansBulls
Both the vince carter and shaq additions were great moves by their respective teams. While watching ESPN i have to say i agree carter may be the bigger upgrade but more importantly Rasheed wallace will be the final piece that can put either team over the top and potentially win the EAST.

Thoughts?

Rasheed Wallace is not determing anything. He averaged like 12 and 7 last year and shot 42%.

pd7631
Not enough ball to go around an iverson/ lebron team alone would have close to 50 attempts a game. that would mess them up imo.

AI would do just fine in that lineup. He has no problem with sacrificing his shots if it makes the team better, the thing that he hated in Detroit was that they took away his minutes. Give AI the starting job over Delonte West and give him 30+ minutes and he would be just fine. He just wants to be on the court......Detroit should be labeled the bad guy, not AI

ManRam
06-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Rasheed Wallace is not determing anything. He averaged like 12 and 7 last year and shot 42%.

He plays good defense, he'll spread the court offensively, and he plays incredibly hard. The Spurs need another big man. Bonner and Gooden aren't gonna cut it. Sheed is a big upgrade. You can't deny that.

Screw the numbers, he'd be the 5th option anyways. He's a solid all around player. Vs. the Lakers especially, the Spurs are gonna need some SIZE. He provides that.

Unec
06-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Ai aint going to cleveland.. Sheesh people just talk to talk!!

Unec
06-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Spurs will get gortat from orlando, he is better than any center they have and aint afraid to bang. Then they can move duncan back to pf full time!! Thats still a deadly lineup. Manu should start this year

Young2Kinsler
06-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Sheed fills just about every hole Dallas needs. Toughness, 3 point shooting, inside defense. This is the guy we really need, I hope he lands here.

Hoopsadvocate
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM

Well looks like your the only one who thinks so. We shall see spurs, magic, or cavs all become considerably better with him.

plpfctn
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
sheed will determine nothing. he's old and way past his prime. he'll get you 12 ppg shooting 40% from the field. his D is average at best.

MajorFloridaFan
06-26-2009, 01:27 AM

Thoughts?

HAHAHAHA!!! NO WAY is SHEED the answer to any team....well he could fit in with Boston quite nicely..he is the one team i think he would help some..spread the floor another big/man shooter..boston sucks and shooting the three's become the apparent weakness in their post season layoffs i mean playoffs hah

RadiantShot
06-26-2009, 03:11 AM
Rasheed has talent, the problem is, How will we get him?

Upsides to getting him:

-Gives us a solid inside presence next to Dwight Howard
-Can Shoot the 3
-Can rebound

The Downsides :

-How Would we get him...?
-TOO many technical fouls...
-Old and maybe not as effective...

I HATE how the magic (Don't worry I'm goin 4 em.) are building there team around the 3 point shot, we saw in the series against the lakers you can't win by the 3 against a great team...And adding Rasheed would be great, but then again, here we go with the 3's again....But that's okay, Rasheed has a good midrange jumper, can post up some times, and get's a ton of boards...He's good, a good option to think about.

Joshtd1
06-26-2009, 04:03 AM
I don't see how 12 and 7 from an unmotivated Sheed is so bad. 12 and 7 is better then alot of players...

Sheed was unmotivated this year, it was obvious after the AI-Billups trade.

I think he will bounce back and would really be able to contribute to any contender he goes to. Personally I think he would want to go to a team where he would start (Cleveland/SA/ORL are my guesses in where he will sign).

As mentioned before, he is still a good defender, provides toughness, and can spread the floor...and when is mind is to it, is hard to guard on the post.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Might wanna go to DC and play for Flip again.

JWO35
06-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I want to see Rasheed go to the San Antonio Spurs or the Orlando Magic, Please don't back-stab the Pistons and go to the Cavs

J-Relo
06-26-2009, 07:50 AM
I want to see Rasheed go to the San Antonio Spurs or the Orlando Magic, Please don't back-stab the Pistons and go to the Cavs

go to CAVS :)

CELTICS4LYFE
06-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Rasheed has talent, the problem is, How will we get him?

Upsides to getting him:

-Gives us a solid inside presence next to Dwight Howard
-Can Shoot the 3
-Can rebound

The Downsides :

-How Would we get him...?
-TOO many technical fouls...
-Old and maybe not as effective...

I HATE how the magic (Don't worry I'm goin 4 em.) are building there team around the 3 point shot, we saw in the series against the lakers you can't win by the 3 against a great team...And adding Rasheed would be great, but then again, here we go with the 3's again....But that's okay, Rasheed has a good midrange jumper, can post up some times, and get's a ton of boards...He's good, a good option to think about.

well vince is pretty good at driving ta the basket

dee279
06-26-2009, 08:24 AM
The Heat should get Sheed. Play him at the C position. Trade Oneal for a good player. If its a center then put Sheed at PF.

dee279
06-26-2009, 08:27 AM

Dont want him to go to the cavs but u koo wit him goin to the magic? I understand the cavs are in the same division but cavs and magic and pistons are still all EAstern conference.

JWO35
06-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Dont want him to go to the cavs but u koo wit him goin to the magic? I understand the cavs are in the same division but cavs and magic and pistons are still all EAstern conference.

Yeah, but I like the Orlando Magic :D

midwestmadman
06-26-2009, 08:33 AM
If Sheed even plays next year is the bigger question. He stated publicly that if he doesn't get about 8M a year he won't play and he'll retire. That takes both SA, and Orlando oiff the board, the only team willing to give him that and take the luxury tax hit is Cleveland, but I am not so sure they would invest that much in a 35 year old Wallace, when they could take a younger version in Charlie Villanueva who essentially will do the same thing, and for a longer period, I think he would take mid level money if it were from a contender like Clev, or Orlando, so he can probably land just about anywhere.

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 09:24 AM

Thoughts?

He could be that piece....But then again, he could end up on one of many teams. There are rumors that SA is going to go hard after him. Although them getting Blair may change that stance?

Hermie13
06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't think Blair would change the Spurs stance on Sheed.

Blair isn't gonna start there. He too short to play center and ain't starting over Duncan at the 4. Sheed would be perfect at center for them. him, Duncan, Jefferson, Ginobili/Hill, and Parker would give them a great chance at knockign off the Lakers in the West.

Blair gives them a solid bench guy, but that's it really. Can't see them moving Duncan to center to start Blair at the 4.

eugene
06-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Don't forget that Sheed could go to Boston ;) What a nice lineup:
Sheed/Perkins
KG
Pierce
Allen
Rondo

Hermie13
06-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Detroit would probably want Rondo in a sign-n-trade for Sheed though.....as the Celtics can't take on any salary now.....

ttam68
06-26-2009, 10:49 AM
The great thing about Sheed is he fits in with any team. He's 6'11", can play the 4 or the 5, plays great defense, can shoot the three, and he can bang inside.

Can literally adjust to any line-up/front court teammate.

I'd love to see him as the center on the Sixers.

volcomgal 77
06-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Not to sure of that. Obviously Rasheed wallace has been in his decline. He's not a "big shot guy" like a chaucey billups althoguh he does bring alot of attitude and aggression.
Depends on how much teams are willing to pay for him and how much he's willing to take. If he goes to Orlando it could be good or bad. Carter and him are aging and neither have been proven clutch time performers. Wallace would get "T"'d up and carter would jack up bad shots.
Wallace to celtics would be good as a bench personnel but that's up to wallace if he wants to take such a roll. Plus they have to make a decision on big baby and Leon Powe.
Wallace to cavs could work with shaq and lebron. Both would give howard a hard time in half court defense again assuming he keeps his compsure.
Either way wallace is a guy who could hurt your or do real good. Just depends on the team and coach.

SteveNash
06-26-2009, 11:47 AM
While Rasheed's game would be good for Orlando, I don't think his personality is the right fit, they're still too young.

Rasheed definitely won't go to Cleveland.

San Antonio or Boston look like the best options right now.

Yanks All Day
06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
If Sheed went to Cleveland, Orlando, or San Antonio, he could put any of those 3 teams over the top. My theory is that Sheed in Detroit is somewhat like Randy Moss was in Minnesota in the NFL. He had his few good years, and when the team went on the decline, he stopped playing his hardest and became problematic. Maybe a change of scenery and a chance to win a championship would rejuvenate him? Worked for Randy in New England. Also, its not like he would be brought in to average 20 points a game. In all 3 teams' respective cases, he is just a piece.

Cleveland would need him to help stretch the floor and be consistent with his 3s. Also, he has a history of guarding Howard very well 1-on-1. If Cleveland's front court goes from LeBron-Varejao-Illgauskas to LeBron-Sheed-Shaq, I'd say that's a fairly good upgrade.

For the Magic, He provides a pretty solid rebounder and is another one who can step back and hit a 3, although the Magic don't exactly need more 3 point shooters. It would, however, let Rashard Lewis switch back to the 3, where he belongs, and give them a physically huge lineup that can shoot the lights out of the gym.

San Antonio, in my opinion, is the most interesting choice. They had agruably the best draft last night and added some solid players, and that Jefferson trade could be huge. Again, provides rebounding and floor spacing and gives them a legitimate big 5. I don't mean center. A big 5 scoring tandem. On the floor at once they can put Parker-Ginobili-Jefferson-Sheed-Duncan. With players like Mason, Blair, Bonner, and McClinton coming off the bench, that's a nice mixture of youth, talent, and experience for Pop to coach to a title.

Super.
06-26-2009, 12:46 PM
KG will give a call to his good buddy Sheed, and have him go to Boston!

oballers
06-26-2009, 12:51 PM
If Sheed moves it is definately not to Cleveland or Orlando. I don't know where it it would be but those two are not contenders. Perhaps Miami? or out West?

AntiG
06-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Detroit would probably want Rondo in a sign-n-trade for Sheed though.....as the Celtics can't take on any salary now.....

actually they have full MLE capability.

ManRam
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM

If the Celtics trade Rondo for Sheed, it would go down as one of the worst trades ever. That's not happening.

Rumor has it Sheed is willing to take the MLE. I've seen it in a few articles. I believe it. There are a fair amount of good free agents, and not a lot of teams that are going to want to be big spenders. A lot of players aren't going to get as much as they want. Also, I think Sheed wants to be on a contender. That's only happening if he takes the MLE.

Unec
06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I think sheed will come back home to the 76ers for the mle!! That makes the sixers a contender in the east for sure!! They scared orlando with a young lineup, sheed & a healthy elton brand is powerful in the east alonf with iggy and thad young!! Contenders

ManRam
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
I just read on another forum that David Aldridge said on NBA TV that Sheed has narrowed it down to Orlando or San Antonio.

I did some searching...and found this.

It will be up to James to recruit a Rasheed Wallace to Cleveland (though, I suspect --OK, I know -- that Wallace, if he suits up again next season, is more likely to play for Orlando or San Antonio).

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/06/25/shaq.trade.analysis/

Not very convincing at all...but whatever. I'm crossing my fingers. I think Sheed may put us over the top. We need size, and another big. Shard needs to move to the 3 again...where he can dominate. LA beat us because of their length primarily. We need to get bigger, especially with Cleveland getting bigger, and KG coming back.

PG: Nelson/Johnson
SG: Vince/Redick
SF: Shard/Pietrus
PF: Sheed/Anderson
C: Howard

Is a much better starting five than what we had last year.

Unec
06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Sheed wont be in orlando or cleveland!! I say either with the spurs or the 76ers for sure

ManRam
06-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Sheed wont be in orlando or cleveland!! I say either with the spurs or the 76ers for sure

Why do you say Philly? Just because???

cubbies93
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM
im a piston fan and yeah sheed can be good, but i just dont think he will have this great impact that everyone thinks. he trys and forces too many 3s. if he would go down low which he doesnt hes unstopable. so if he would commit to going down low then i would think he would totally put a team above everyone else.

IndiansFan337
06-27-2009, 11:09 AM
im a piston fan and yeah sheed can be good, but i just dont think he will have this great impact that everyone thinks. he trys and forces too many 3s. if he would go down low which he doesnt hes unstopable. so if he would commit to going down low then i would think he would totally put a team above everyone else.

I think you're right about that. Everytime our team would play him all he would do is shoot 3's.

I don't know if any coach can get through to him though. He doesn't seem to be too into taking advice or constructive criticism.

Verbal Christ
06-27-2009, 11:47 AM
i think sheed would fit in good with the rockets as a backup 5 if he's willing. with the space the motion offense creates sheed would be wide open for mid range shots all the way out to the 3. my biggest concern would be having 2 psycho's on the team with artest and sheed, but adelman has proven he can coach 'problem' players and i dont think coaching would be the problem, only that either ron or sheed would end up putting themselves into the guillotine before long.

PennyMy#1
06-27-2009, 01:14 PM
I would like to have Sheed. I think he can be a great MLE-PF-Solution for us ...

rapjuicer06
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM
why would sheed go to philly? that makes no sense, that may make them contenders, but won't make them a championship winning team. he needs to go to a team and put the over the top to win it. if he went to san antonio or orlando he would just fit in perfectly. cavs...no way, i don't think him and shaq would get along too well. and the celtics, i couldn't see that either

BkOriginalOne
06-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I like sheed going to the spurs.
If not them then the cavs, magic, or celtics.
Even though they don't have the money, The nuggets would also be a great place to play - back with his winning Pg.

drose 4 prez
06-27-2009, 02:01 PM
i heard one boston reporter say c's may be interested since he and kg are great friends and kg could keep him in line.