PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Nash Wanted Shaq Traded

phlp_bj
06-25-2009, 06:31 PM
According to NBA sources, Steve Nash expressed his displeasure with Shaquille O'Neal during a meeting last week in New York with general manager Steve Kerr.

O'Neal was traded to Cleveland on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/25/steve-nash-asked-for-shaq-to-be-traded/

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Shaq will eat Nash! To be honest, Shaq probably didn't like Kerr's way of doing things.

ink
06-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, it's hearsay, but if Nash did say it, I wouldn't be surprised. Shaq was a bad fit for that team.

marlinsfan24
06-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all. Lebron will leave Cleveland cuz of Shaq

Living Legend
06-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I knew this.

It all started when Shaq said he deserved MVP in 2006 (i think 2006) over Nash.

Chronz
06-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all. Lebron will leave Cleveland cuz of Shaq
You dont think Shaq and Bron will get along?

marlinsfan24
06-25-2009, 06:47 PM
You dont think Shaq and Bron will get along?

I honestly doubt it. They both need the ball and spotlight on them constantly.

BH-Sports
06-25-2009, 06:47 PM
NASH >SHAQ anyday brothers

dee279
06-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah shaq needs to undastand he aint the same guy he used to be.

AirJordan23
06-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I knew this.

It all started when Shaq said he deserved MVP in 2006 (i think 2006) over Nash.

It was '05 and Shaq easily deserved that MVP.

Bricklayer
06-25-2009, 06:52 PM

:eyebrow: No Nash was the clear cut MVP, one of the most impressive seasons ever by a point guard.

ink
06-25-2009, 06:55 PM
I honestly doubt it. They both need the ball and spotlight on them constantly.

They were just saying basically the same thing in the pre-draft show on NBA TV. Shaq is good when the offense goes through him and isn't used to being a PART of someone else's system. He likes to be "the man".

Chronz
06-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I think Bron is a great enough of a superstar to keep Shaq happy and command respect. No other player has elevated himself to this status before having Shaq join the team, that will be the difference.

JLynn943
06-25-2009, 06:58 PM
If I was Nash, I would want the same thing. Obviously having Shaq there completely disrupted the offense and was only a distraction.

Can't wait to hear Shaq's criticisms of Nash and the Suns :rolleyes:

Pierzynski4Prez
06-25-2009, 07:04 PM
I know exactly what Shaq's response will be.

Shaq: Who the **** is Steve Nash and what has he ever done in the NBA beside put up inflated stats due to a dumb coaching style.

OA SLAY
06-25-2009, 07:06 PM
If I was Nash, I would want the same thing. Obviously having Shaq there completely disrupted the offense and was only a distraction.

Can't wait to hear Shaq's criticisms of Nash and the Suns :rolleyes:

:)get your popcorn ready!:clap:

Thatruth32
06-25-2009, 07:07 PM
I know exactly what Shaq's response will be.

Shaq: Who the **** is Steve Nash and what has he ever done in the NBA beside put up inflated stats due to a dumb coaching style.

hahaha good 1

XJW18
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
If i was Nash, Id want traded!

AirJordan23
06-25-2009, 07:22 PM
:eyebrow: No Nash was the clear cut MVP, one of the most impressive seasons ever by a point guard.
The criteria for MVP by voters is usually the best combination of stats and team record. It's a bonus if you turn a lottery team to an elite team which is the reason Kidd got a lot of mvp consideration back in '02 and why Nash got it in '05.

Shaq had a bigger impact than Nash. Shaq had the dominance over Nash and MVP over the past years has been given to a dominant player. Shaq's stats (22.9 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 2.7 APG, 2.3 BPG, 60.1%) were greater than Nash's (15.5 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 11.5 APG, 50.2 FG%). Not to mention Shaq actually MADE AN IMPACT ON DEFENSE. Something Nash is incapable of doing. Nash is one of the worst point guards defensively the league has ever seen. Shaq altered altered a lot of shots and was an intimidating presence in the paint, that is something that doesn't go on the statsheet.

People just look at the amount of wins Phoenix had the previous year and give all the credit to Nash while they don't look at the fact that Amare missed a lot of games the previous year. Nash's team was also more talented than Shaqs. Phoenix had Marion, JJ, Amare, Barbosa and QRich. Stacked team. D'Antoni was also signed as coach midway through the '03-04 season and that had a lot do with their success. Totally new offensive system and pretty much every player on the Suns benefitted from that system.

Shaq came to Miami and improved their record by 17 more wins despite Miami losing Caron Butler and Lamar Odom. 2 players part of their core and a solid role player in Brian Grant.

I'm not denying Nash had a great season but he was never on an MVP level to me. He never seemed like that player. He was always an all star level PG to me.

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 07:38 PM
i think most people knew he wanted shaq gone, shaq made us worse

Industry
06-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Well, it's hearsay, but if Nash did say it, I wouldn't be surprised. Shaq was a bad fit for that team.

cosign...

still1ballin
06-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Not surprised

Chronz
06-25-2009, 08:46 PM
The criteria for MVP by voters is usually the best combination of stats and team record. It's a bonus if you turn a lottery team to an elite team which is the reason Kidd got a lot of mvp consideration back in '02 and why Nash got it in '05.

Shaq had a bigger impact than Nash. Shaq had the dominance over Nash and MVP over the past years has been given to a dominant player. Shaq's stats (22.9 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 2.7 APG, 2.3 BPG, 60.1%) were greater than Nash's (15.5 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 11.5 APG, 50.2 FG%). Not to mention Shaq actually MADE AN IMPACT ON DEFENSE. Something Nash is incapable of doing. Nash is one of the worst point guards defensively the league has ever seen. Shaq altered altered a lot of shots and was an intimidating presence in the paint, that is something that doesn't go on the statsheet.

People just look at the amount of wins Phoenix had the previous year and give all the credit to Nash while they don't look at the fact that Amare missed a lot of games the previous year. Nash's team was also more talented than Shaqs. Phoenix had Marion, JJ, Amare, Barbosa and QRich. Stacked team. D'Antoni was also signed as coach midway through the '03-04 season and that had a lot do with their success. Totally new offensive system and pretty much every player on the Suns benefitted from that system.

Shaq came to Miami and improved their record by 17 more wins despite Miami losing Caron Butler and Lamar Odom. 2 players part of their core and a solid role player in Brian Grant.

I'm not denying Nash had a great season but he was never on an MVP level to me. He never seemed like that player. He was always an all star level PG to me.

Looks like one of the arguments I made a few years back, Ive noticed a few of your posts, good to have you on board the PSD clan, look forward to more.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
06-25-2009, 08:53 PM
who knew

Tommyh1331
06-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Shaq won't have the training staff of the Suns to keep him youthful like they did for HIll and Shaq, Lebron in New York 2010..and a shout out to my Orlando Magic for getting Vince...the Orlando Allstars!!

J-Relo
06-26-2009, 04:45 AM
it is what everyone already knew

Shaq isn't a running Center, isn't young anymore... Nash used to play with high paced team, so when Shaq came despite his good season team didn't play as well... no surprise...

what suprises me... why Suns are so actively shopping Amare? a) He definitely won't sign extection? b) he demands only MAX, Suns can't afford that? c) Nash wants him traded?

Denver-boy
06-26-2009, 05:08 AM
im glad shaq left the Suns, that team was going down hill... and still is,

azkarraga
06-26-2009, 05:10 AM
its obvious they didnt get along. but the question now, is shaq gonna make the cavs a better team? i doubt it.

Unruly Fan
06-26-2009, 09:15 AM
I honestly doubt it. They both need the ball and spotlight on them constantly.Don't forget what Shaq and Wade managed to do.

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/25/steve-nash-asked-for-shaq-to-be-traded/

I bet that he didn't want them to trade Amare too.

rabzouz 96
06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Don't forget what Shaq and Wade managed to do.

yeah i think its kinda ridiculous how some people act like shaq has never played with other players on his team and like there are no possibilities of cutting to the basket with him on the court, when wade and kobe could easily do so.

azkarraga
06-26-2009, 09:41 AM
yeah i think its kinda ridiculous how some people act like shaq has never played with other players on his team and like there are no possibilities of cutting to the basket with him on the court, when wade and kobe could easily do so.

but remember, when shaq played with lakers or miami neither kobe nor wade were as big, if not bigger, than shaq. now lbj is much bigger than shaq. in both teams he was #1 option, now he'll be #2 at best.

king4day
06-26-2009, 09:43 AM

:laugh:

J-Relo
06-26-2009, 09:44 AM
but remember, when shaq played with lakers or miami neither kobe nor wade were as big, if not bigger, than shaq. now lbj is much bigger than shaq. in both teams he was #1 option, now he'll be #2 at best.

even in his comments about this trade he said that in his age he is ready to play off the bench, he said that he doesn't need points and minutes, he needs wins