PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey devils off season priorities.

Devilfan309
06-25-2009, 02:44 PM
I think that the devils should sign zajac and oduya for multi-year!

And for are 2 best players... Theres 2 years left on parise's contract so after the 2010-2011 season his contract will be over...but he will be a restricted free agent so the devils will re-sign him.

And brodeur theres 3 years left on his contract so after the 2011-2012 season his contract will be over and he will be unrestricted FA.Maybe that the devils are gonna re-sign him for a year or maybe he could come in the coachig staff.

NjDevilsFan
06-26-2009, 02:11 AM
The Devils will resign Zajac for a multi-year deal, but Oduya, I don't know about. Think about it the Devils need a big imposing dependable defenseman, Oduya's agent is convinced Oduya is this prolific scorer worth 4 million dollars. Now a puck moving defenseman is a vital piece of a good team no doubt but thats why we have Paul Martin who had just about the same amount of goals as Johnny O last year and hes TWICE as dependable back on the blue line. I'm sorry but I don't see how you can justify giving him 4 million a year ESPECIALLY since we already have Paul Martin.

Devilfan309
06-27-2009, 01:55 PM
True, i realy didn't think of that!

Do0msday
06-27-2009, 02:52 PM
They'll definitely keep Zajac. He's improved so much over the last few years. As for Johnny O...I really, really like him. However, he's not a huge offensive threat like his agent seems to think. $4mil a year for that kind of player? No thanks. Those kinds of players are pretty easy to find. Hell, if we had wanted to keep a good playmaking defenseman we'd have tried harder to keep Rafalski a few years ago.

And I totally agree with the statement of Martin > Oduya.

JetsYanksDevils
06-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Guys i think we have a good team but im getting worried the Flyers got Pronger, it is rumored the rangers may get Heatley or St Louis we gotta step up for once..Lets shock people and just get niedmyer i think he would honestly wanna come back and it would make us better....and the whole Martin Oduya thing i am a huge Oduya fan and honestly think he is better than martin and deserves the money..but i do also like martin dont get me wrong...........lastly i have reffered to this in other posts but i think we should deal Colin White he is a big guy that dznt use his size he doesnt get physical enough and if we get niedymyer more reason to deal him

NjDevilsFan
06-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Paul Martin played less games and had more points and is twice as responsible as Johnny Oduya on D please justify how you think he is better then Martin? And there is no way he is worth 4 mill you would consider him a puck moving defenseman definitely not a stay at home lock up guy and he had like 27 points last season for a "puck moving defenseman" I'd rather try and throw 5-7 mill at Bouemeester then waste 4 on Oduya its senseless.

Do0msday
06-28-2009, 01:20 AM
I'd have loved Bouemeester or however his name is spelled lol. I was actually hoping we'd be able to pull of a trade to get him. Just something about that guy..I think he'd do well here. And I'd take Martin over Oduya anyday of the week. Martin is by far the smarter player. Oduya does have potential, but I don't think his ceiling is that high. He's just not worth the money. With the salary cap we can't just throw $$ everywhere. Plus you know Lou is going to have a tight wallet so we don't get screwed like we did a few years ago with Alexander Mogilny and Vladimir Malakhov. Remember when we literally couldn't do a thing and Lou SOMEHOW wound up getting out of it? Yeah...that's why you don't overpay for a guy who's not worth it. Give the money to guys who deserve it.

NjDevilsFan
06-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Give the money to guys who deserve it.

Like Dainus Zubrus :D
Lol j/k that wasn't a bad signing he's a pretty big under achiever

JetsYanksDevils
06-29-2009, 10:50 AM
^^^yeah but it wasnt the worst signing we had cuz atleast he played alright but still he was way overpayed...The worst trade was salmella for havelid...Havelid sucked dick and salmella was a good prospect and played a couple times in the nhl 4 us i believe...This offseason is crucial i think the devils gotta step up from there usual offseasons and sign someone thay fears us for example The devils signed scott niedmyer o **** lol We were the atlantic division champs without brodeur for half the season!! if we add 1 big FA or land a good player in a trade we will be a serious stanley cup contender

JetsYanksDevils
06-29-2009, 10:55 AM
btw these are the FA's http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=432080&navid=DL|NHL|Home also we prob. arent gonna sign madden so we cant lose madden and gionta this offseason and get noone in return we should sign gionta and get another FA forward idk y the devils dont start getting people there a win now or in the next 3 yrs team team they gotta start building there team like it

Do0msday
06-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Gionta just doesn't seem like the player he used to be. He had that 1 amazing season and then he's just been a so-so player.

And as for Zubrus...at the time he was coming off a great season and probably could have gotten more $$ elsewhere. He hasn't contributed that well to the offensive game, but he's been pretty physical defensively. I think Lou will attempt to have him replace Madden once Madden goes. I also think Rolston will have a big year...

NjDevilsFan
06-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Zubrus really isn't that physical he's big and he kinda tries to be and he hits sometimes but they're usually not very clean and he gets bowled over pretty easily. Also he plays like a baby when he gets hit hard he tends to go after the guy who did it and takes a dumb penalty, Zubrus is far from Madden.

JetsYanksDevils
06-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah i agree i dont believe Zubrus is a Madden or ever will be but i do actually like Zubrus.. I dont think we can rely on the same team we had last year even though we were really good idk what Lou has planned but we gotta get some players cuz we could lose madden and gionta who are both solid

TheDetroitBlue
06-30-2009, 07:34 PM
I hate to see madden go
he was such a hard worker

JetsYanksDevils
07-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Alright guys now that we signed Oduya how bout we get involved in the Heatley trade or sign a good FA i dnt care lets sign Hossa to a 1 yr deal..The Parise Zajac Langenbrunner line is amazing Elias Rolston (if no gionta) we could put Hossa or Heatley in here idk i say we just get someone good..like how we got Rolston last that was a good pickup even though he underperformed lets get another pick up like that

Do0msday
07-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I absolutely HATE Heatley with a passion. First he kills a guy and still gets to live a great life & make a lot of money. Secondly, he seems to always get some sort of nagging injury. Thirdly, he seems to piss off every single team he's ever on. He opens his mouth and demands trades that put his teams in horrible positions (getting no value for him). I want no part in him, no matter how talented he may be. Plus he'd cost a lot against the cap which would hurt us a bit...

And Hossa won't come here because he signed with the Blackhawks. 12 years, $62 mil. So no 1 year deal for him lol.

I also think Rolston will have a good season. He really needed more rest, but obviously wasn't able to get it because we were in contention. When healthy I think he'll put up some sick numbers.

We also re-signed Andy Green which I like. I'd love to somehow get a decent depth player (who'll have an impact) for cheap...but that rarely ever happens. It's nice to wish though.

NjDevilsFan
07-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Heatley is too big of a cap hit and neither him or Hossa are gonna be second line players, plus The Sens would probly ask for Parise or Zajac in a package which is a big no. Not to mention he is ungrateful and I would never want him on our team. I would like Antropov, Camalleri or Sydor.

NjDevilsFan
07-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah and Hossa's gone for 12 years now too lol he wanted a long term deal, and he got it. Good Luck Hossa living up to a contract that says your supposed to play till your 42.

Do0msday
07-01-2009, 05:32 PM
It's a very front loaded contract (I believe he'll get big money for the first 8 years, then after that below average). Though either way 8 years is a long time, plus they're handcuffing themselves for a long time. I'd rather have Hossa for 0 years than have him for 8-12 years for that amount of money. I think he'll fit that team well enough (even if it means they can't keep some of their younger guys who're due to make money soon), but I'm glad he's not in Jersey. He really wouldn't have fit, plus he SUCKED in the finals. The last 2 years he's disappeared and notice that each team he was on lost the cup lol.

I also don't want to trade Parise or Zajac at all, especially for Heatley. The guy signs a big money deal, long term, and all of a sudden hates where he was? He's a damn baby. If he didn't want to be there for a while then he shouldn't have signed. I think he's acting like a spoiled brat because they were a cup contender one year and then have a horrible season the next. That team has a lot of young talent too, but seemed to get worse when he signed for the longterm. So yeah, no thanks...

Wonder what our lines will look like next season... I know I'll probably miss some of the guys we've lost/will lose, but so far...

- Bobby Holik (retired)
- John Madden
- Mike Rupp
- Brendan Shanahan
- Petr Vrana
- Brian Gionta
- Chad Wiseman
- Jon Disalvatore
- Matthew Spiller
- Kevin Weekes
- Scott Clemmensen

I wonder if we're going to get any decent name free agents...

Antropov doesn't sound too bad, and Cammalleri is good/young, but will probably cost a bit. I've always liked Sydor, but he's getting up there in age and he'll probably want a decent contract. I'm just warry to give older guys like that money after that Malakhov fiasco a few years ago. That one hurt us...

I wanted Ohlund in the worst way, but he got a big contract that we definitely couldn't have handled. I wonder if Paul Mara could come cheap? We could bring him home to Jersey lol...

NjDevilsFan
07-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm losing faith in Lou fast, we lost Rupp and Clemmensen gave up on Madden and Gionta and we don't have any plan to replace them? Are we really gonna call up all these players? And the market is basically shot now barring a trade.

TheDetroitBlue
07-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Bobby Holik
John Madden
Mike Rupp
Brendan Shanahan

Im really gonna miss those guys

TheDetroitBlue
07-01-2009, 08:44 PM
I hate montreal even more they just signed Gionta to 5 years and now hes going to my least favourite team :(

Do0msday
07-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I'd have hated it more if he went to the Rangers lol...it does suck he's going, but $5 mil a year?? He's definitely not worth that.

Maybe Lou plans on calling someone up finally? Is anyone ready? I knew we drafted Bergfors for a reason lol...

But yeah, I wonder what we'll do now. 1 guy I wouldn't mind, if he's healthy and willing to come for 3-4 mil a year, would be Maxim Afinogenov. He had a terrific year a few years ago and is talented...but doubt Lou would spend $$ lol.

JetsYanksDevils
07-01-2009, 10:26 PM
WTF are we doing we just lost gionta and madden...rupp and holik im happy r gone and idk if shannahan is retired or what...its good that we locked up defense but look at the holes in are offense
Lang-Zajac(Restricted FA)-Parise
Elias-Rolston-?
?-Zubrus-Clarkson
Pandolfo-?-?

4 Q marks in are offense thats not good i would love to sign Antropov and/or Zherdev cuz it would be taking away from the Rangers and adding to are team...lets do it lou

Do0msday
07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Zherdev is going to want a decent chunk of money...plus Antropov apparently wants 5+ mil a year. He's not worth that.

Madden signed with Chicago..

TheDetroitBlue
07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
darn well good luck to him he was one of my favourite players ever such a work ethic

Do0msday
07-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I loved Madden as well. He never put up the big numbers, but he was a gamer and was an impact player. I'm definitely going to miss him. It sucks because he was perfect for our system and we're going to need to replace that. Plus he only cost $2.75 mil, which is only like $150k less than he made last year... We couldn't offer him a 1 year deal similar to last year?

What's our cap # even at now with everyone gone?

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Lou better have something REALLY big up his sleeve. Next year is a wholeeee new team and no Clemmensen? Really? He signed for like 1.2 mil a year to back up Vokoun why couldn't we get him back?

TheDetroitBlue
07-02-2009, 12:29 AM
who still on the market that can do well in our system?

Do0msday
07-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Some guys I saw that I thought could fit are:

- Manny Malhotra (two-way center who's physical and reminds me of a younger John Madden).

- Ruslan Fedotenko (14 points and a +9 rating in the playoffs...solid, but unspectacular. A guarantee to get 30-40 points a season, maybe more in a system where he isn't stuck behind some of the top players in the NHL).

- Maxim Afinogenov (his last 2 seasons haven't been that great, but the 2 seasons before that were pretty impressive. If he'd be willing to take less $$ than the $3.5mil he made last year then I think he could be a solid edition...assuming he rebounds of course).

- Paul Mara (a Jersey guy who I think could rebound nicely and at a great price. He's been a little injury prone and is more of an offensive guy, plus his +/- is usually pretty bad. However, I really think he could be had for fairly cheap and could be a solid player for us. Solid, but unspectacular).

- Michael Komisarek (I think this guy would be a fantastic pickup for us. He's young, BIG (6'5", 240 lbs.), and he likes to fight. He's got a little offensive game, but not much. AKA - he'd be a very big, physical guy on the blueline and has Devil written all over him in my book.

- Brent Johnson (has had a so-so career, but last year he seemed pretty decent. If he could play like that as a backup for Marty, I think he'd be a good, cheap pickup).

Just my 2 cents. The 2 on my list that I'd want most of all are Malhotra and Komisarek. Just something about those 2 jumps out at me as being perfect fits for this team.

Do0msday
07-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Just my luck. As soon as I finish posting I check updates and see Komisarek with the Leafs for 5 years, $22.5 mil. God, everyone's making money this offseason. No wonder Lou isn't making any moves...

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 04:27 AM
No go on Malholtra he wants first line money and he is really not worth it especially since he was playing on a line with Nash. And I'm sure Antropov would take a price cut over being unemployed not many teams wanna throw out another 5-6 mill a year especially not for him.

Do0msday
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't mind Antropov if he'd be willing to come for cheaper, like $3.5mil. But I really don't think he'll be willing. As for Malhotra, he may want 1st line money, but nobody will give him that. I'm just saying I think he'd be a great addition if the price was right. His play style fits our system in my opinion and he's probably looking at $2.5mil a year (which is a raise over his...$1.9mil(?) last season).

Bricklayer
07-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Being from the Toronto area I've seen a lot of Antropov and he's not nearly as good as his numbers might suggest. I'd pass on big Nik, especially for the money he wants. Losing Mike Rupp, Booby Holik and John Madden are really non issues, the team can replace those players from within the system. Gionta on the other hand is a big loss, I don't think any of our prospect are ready to assume that second line role yet. Alex Tanguay is still out there, and he would look good on the wing with Rolston and Elias, but only if the money is right. 4 million per sounds right for a guy, when healthy is still a point per game player.

Bricklayer
07-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Antropov just signed with the Thrashers (thank god) so he is out of the mix. Since we are in need of a right winger and Lou loves to bring back old Devils how bout Peter Sykora. Great chemistry with Elias, and can still skate like the wind. Thoughts?

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Idk about Sykora can he stay healthy? And whàt would we sign him to a one year deal? The Devils need to look for long term replacements that should be young as long as were off-loading older guys why pick another one up?

JetsYanksDevils
07-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I would like gettin sykora but lou's g2 have something up his sleeve he wouldnt giveup Gionta and Madden w/out getting any1 else hes g2 do something

JetsYanksDevils
07-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Just read Rick NAsh is having problems negotiating a contract with Columbus..he is one of my fav players so it would be cool if the devils offered them something......my person that id like to see as trade bait is Colin White

blake20696
07-02-2009, 04:43 PM
what the hell we are doing nothing we lost scott clemensen and brian gionta we better have something good planned cause im not happy right now

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I think I heard something about Phil Kessel maybe being moved from the Bruins I'm not sure he'd definitely be a good pick up, whatdya guys think?

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 04:51 PM
The Clemmensen thing was pure bull the guy played with so much heart and what'd he get from florida 1.2 million? And he is AWARE that he is backing up Tomas Vokoun there was no reason we couldn't resign him.

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I read here Rod Pelley is prepared to take Madden's role.

blake20696
07-02-2009, 04:52 PM
anyone know if we will get anyone cause without gionta we wont be that good

Do0msday
07-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I'd love to see more on that Kessel rumor. Definitely wouldn't mind that, but doubt it happens.

And I agree that it sucks Clemmensen left. We could have easily fit him under the cap, especially with the way he played last year. I don't think he'll be very good where he is now, but our system was perfect for him. Weekes, I don't care if we keep him or not. Clemmensen made him useless, which is why losing Clemmensen sucks because we need someone to keep Brodeur fresh.

Bricklayer
07-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Kessel is an RFA, so we would have to offer him a big enough salary that the Bruins couldn't match, probably in the 5-6 million per year range. Stealing other teams restricted free agents isn't very well respected amongst N.H.L G.M's so I doubt Lou will go that route.

Tanguay
Koivu
Sykora

These are the best of the bunch left in the free agent market, 3 solid players but I wouldn't break the bank for any of them.

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't like all 3 of those to be honest and I'm pretty sure Kessels asking about 5 mil and the B's cant afford it.

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 07:59 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nhl?page=3

JetsYanksDevils
07-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Heres how i look at it we just g2 find someone to plug in the roles of gionta and madden..cuz any player could replace rupp or holik cuz they virtually had no impact on the team.....i do like rod pelley and he played good for us 2 seasons ago he could step in and play maddens role..then to fill in giontas spot we need someone that can score atleast 20 goals a season..sykora is a reach to fill the void but i would like to get him..i see sykora as a 15 goals type of scoreer now but with elias u never know could be better..i am upset with this offseason but when u really look at it madden got old and gionta was overpayed id rather not have him than pay him the contract the canadiens gave him........and for those pissed bout clemmensen i am happy for him cuz the devils would give him no playing time they just think bout marty playing every game which is stupid but thats just how they do it

NjDevilsFan
07-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I highly highly doubt Martys playing 72 games this year JetsYanksDevils

Jersey Mike
07-03-2009, 04:56 AM

realistically, marty should be playing no more than 60 games a year...he should slow down some and rest up...I have a feeling that he will be playing at least 65-66 games this year...barring any injuries godforbid!!!

What about what's his name??? lablonde filling in madden's role??? he wasn't a bad fighter either...

Bricklayer
07-03-2009, 09:52 AM
^ haha, longest name in the N.H.L! I know the guy your talking about, gritty winger, could use some more toughness on this team I.M.O.

NjDevilsFan
07-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond :clap: I think he needs to get called up but not for Maddens role he was more of an enforcer in Trenton. Maybe Ilkka Pikkarainen can come in too? He's BIG and his scoring touch wasn't half bad in Sweden either. But as I was saying I think we need Pierre-Luc too help Clarkson out a little bit, he's a better fighter then Clarkson and we now have Chris Pronger and Donald Brashear in the division, we're gonna need someone who can and wants to knuckle up every once in a while. Especially since we lost Rupp he fought a lot last year and he was a pretty big dude.

NjDevilsFan
07-03-2009, 10:51 AM
And about Marty playing 60-65 games this year it brings me back to how pissed I am that we lost Clemmensen and then I though ok maybe they had a better idea for Ty Conklin I surely wasn't happy about it because after last year who doesn't love Clem? But he's very capable and now he's gone to! And from what I hear Jeff Frazee is very mentally unstable, scouts say he loses his head in games and sometimes breaks down, thats not good at all especially if on a day we're resting Marty we have to bring him in to spare us embarrassment.

Devilfan309
07-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Look devils fans... I think all is gonna be ok.Look at my options:

Lou said we were gonna get younger...

And we have to re-sign zajac.that<s gonna happer for sure.

So there are my attack lines for 2009-2010

Parise-Zajac-lagenbrunner
Elias-Rolston-Bergfors
Zubrus-Pelley-Clarkson
Pandolfo-Vrana-Pikkarinain

NjDevilsFan
07-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Wayyyy to many rookies we have to sign somebody! Thats just too many rookies besides I think we should call up Leblond Clarkson can't be the only enforcer in a division with Pronger and Brashear. And Lou said he wanted role players not necessarily younger role players although that would be preferred im sure.

NjDevilsFan
07-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Looking up there numbers from the AHL with the exception of Pelley who is supposedly a definite N.H.Ler this year and before assuming there outputs drop from being in the N.H.L obviously much more talent our production would drop A LOT.

Do0msday
07-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I think Pelley will actually be solid. Plus it's not like he'd have *that* much pressure on him. The best he'll be is 3rd line, it's not like he's being relied on to put up 1st line #'s.

I do agree we should sign at least 1 decent vet. We don't need a big $$ free agent, but just someone to give the look like we're doing something. Plus we need a backup goalie bigtime.

NjDevilsFan
07-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah I actually have some faith in Pelley he doesn't seem to bad but thats to many rookies they can't all be trusted I don't think, hopefully we can land Shanny for another year.

Jersey Mike
07-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Yeah I actually have some faith in Pelley he doesn't seem to bad but thats to many rookies they can't all be trusted I don't think, hopefully we can land Shanny for another year.

this is where a coach like haviland would come in...

Jersey Mike
07-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond :clap: I think he needs to get called up but not for Maddens role he was more of an enforcer in Trenton. Maybe Ilkka Pikkarainen can come in too? He's BIG and his scoring touch wasn't half bad in Sweden either. But as I was saying I think we need Pierre-Luc too help Clarkson out a little bit, he's a better fighter then Clarkson and we now have Chris Pronger and Donald Brashear in the division, we're gonna need someone who can and wants to knuckle up every once in a while. Especially since we lost Rupp he fought a lot last year and he was a pretty big dude.

if not for madden's role then definitely for rupp's role...he kinda reminds me of a young rupp...plus, one of the times he got called up, he had facial injuries from a fight he had just been involved in prior to getting called up...dude had like stitches on his eye or something...

devilsfan77
07-04-2009, 11:21 AM
when is Lou ever going to sign a free agent to make his fans happy??? I am so sick of watching everyone get picked up while the Devils sit back and do nothing!!!!!!!

NjDevilsFan
07-04-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't like the look of our lineup right now idk about all those rookies.

NjDevilsFan
07-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Yup exactly right Jersey Mike he was already bruised up from fighting now check THIS out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6hghx97to
The guy not even a full time NHLER fights BRASHEAR now not only does that take a ton of balls, but he even holds his own against the guy, we're gonna need him now that that S.O.B is on the rags.

TheDetroitBlue
07-05-2009, 10:30 AM
I like that guy hard worker

Devilfan309
07-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Lokk are backup could be FRAZEEE!

Why not?!?!?!

NjDevilsFan
07-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Lokk are backup could be FRAZEEE!

Why not?!?!?!

Our Scouts have called him "Not Mentally Stable" over the course of the game, I'm sorry I can't find a source for where I heard that I just don't remember where it was from. But they said he collapses over the course of a game and when things get to hot he loses his head and blows up bad. If thats the case he is far from a capable 15-20 game backup. Not to mention in Lowell he's not that great either.

JetsYanksDevils
07-05-2009, 02:09 PM

well im sorry u took my comment so literally what i meant to say is there is no point of signing clemensen for 1.5 million dollars when marty is gonna play 90% of the games

NjDevilsFan
07-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think Martys playing 90% of the games this year though and I think it would be wrong of us to call upon him that much, besides we have 13 million in cap space, what's 1.5 for the guy who saved our season last year?

JetsYanksDevils
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I think we shouldnt let him play 90% of the games eather i love clemensen if it were up to me i would have clemensen and marty and play marty 70% of the games but Marty gets what Marty wants and the devils let him get away with it....mark my words marty if healthy will play 90% of the games this season cuz no1 wants to put there foot down and say your gettin the night off....look what happened when marty came back and weekes got hurt clemensen never played

Devilfan309
07-05-2009, 05:13 PM
ya but waht do you want brodeurs good!!!!i THINK ARE BACKUP GOALIE WILL BE JEFF FRAZEE!!

NjDevilsFan
07-05-2009, 11:56 PM
DevilFan do you read what people post? Or do you just post the first half literate thought that comes to your head? I just gave a very good reason why Frazee should NOT back up Marty and why scouts say he might not even crack the N.H.L and you just write, MARTY GOOD!!!!!11!!1!1 Frazee backup!!1!!!1 Try reading what other people write too.

JetsYanksDevils
07-07-2009, 01:24 PM
we MUST sign Zajac if we dont sign Zajac this will probably be the worst offseason in are history...Zajac Parise together equals are teams future..They cannot **** this up

NjDevilsFan
07-07-2009, 03:56 PM
we MUST sign Zajac if we dont sign Zajac this will probably be the worst offseason in are history...Zajac Parise together equals are teams future..They cannot **** this up
They can F it up and from the looks of it they might just do that. Lets hope they don't though.

JetsYanksDevils
07-07-2009, 06:13 PM
if they lose Zajac they might become horrible..they have so much money just resign him

NjDevilsFan
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
If we lose Zajac I want Lou's head all throughout free agency I've been saying ohh he must have a plan he must have a plan but to lose Zajac would be pure stupidity.

Jersey Mike
07-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Yup exactly right Jersey Mike he was already bruised up from fighting now check THIS out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6hghx97to
The guy not even a full time NHLER fights BRASHEAR now not only does that take a ton of balls, but he even holds his own against the guy, we're gonna need him now that that S.O.B is on the rags.

yeah, he had some good fights...he busted cote's azz even...there is a good double fight of him / cote and rupp / asham at the same time...that would be a good goon squad...rupp, lablonde and asham...imagine a fight breaking out with that line...

as far as goalies go, I think that our money would have been well spent securing clemmer and playing marty less...I remember a few years ago, people saying that clemmer wasn't our future, however last season he proved that he very well could be and for a lot less than marty is getting paid...I love marty, but he is getting older now and we have to start looking to the future...a few years ago, frazee could have been a serviceable back up for what??? 5-10 games??? We have to think, what if marty gets hurt again??? Clemmer proved that he could step in for a long haul...we need a backup like him, who could ultimately transition into the full timer in a couple of seasons...

Jersey Mike
07-08-2009, 10:11 AM

Zajac may not have picked the best time to go to arbitration...I know that it is because this year he is a RFA and all, but really...he didn't light the world on fire the last couple of seasons...he isn't very consistent. I'm not saying that we should get rid of him, but he made just under a million dollars last year...did he earn that much??? Is he gonna make a case for himself in front of an arbitrator??? He is gonna have to argue his worth against other players of equal value to himself...he isn't a malkin, ovechkin or crosby...he should think long and hard about arguing his case...he would be in a better situation to go out there this year, play like a beast and then when he is an UFA, argue his worth and test the free agent waters...what he is doing now is bartering for a contract before his expires...I see that lou isn't biting at this, which is something I am happy about...truth is, unless he steps it up, he won't be worth the money he's asking...

JetsYanksDevils
07-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Zajac may not have picked the best time to go to arbitration...I know that it is because this year he is a RFA and all, but really...he didn't light the world on fire the last couple of seasons...he isn't very consistent. I'm not saying that we should get rid of him, but he made just under a million dollars last year...did he earn that much??? Is he gonna make a case for himself in front of an arbitrator??? He is gonna have to argue his worth against other players of equal value to himself...he isn't a malkin, ovechkin or crosby...he should think long and hard about arguing his case...he would be in a better situation to go out there this year, play like a beast and then when he is an UFA, argue his worth and test the free agent waters...what he is doing now is bartering for a contract before his expires...I see that lou isn't biting at this, which is something I am happy about...truth is, unless he steps it up, he won't be worth the money he's asking...

I know what your saying but i dnt think its that he lacks consistency i think he is a young guy that finally figured out how to be a good player in the nhl..remember Zajac is very young i think that last season was his third season

NjDevilsFan
07-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah I see your points Jersey Mike put he's kind of a vital part of our team and we DO have 13 mil in cap space with no big signing in sight, at all. We couldn't throw the guy 1.5 2 mill for like a two year deal? There is no reason to start the season with allll that cap space.

Jersey Mike
07-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I know what you guys are saying...I would like to see all of our picks pan out myself...thing is this...he had one great season and then faded away last season...we need guys who don't just fade out and skate around...guys like gionta, rupp, holik, pandolfo...some games you wouldn't notice if they were playing or not...

parise and martin are guys who never coast for a second...guys who have proven their worth...we need someone who is gonna rile up the team and kick them in the azz...to make every minute they log like the last one they are gonna play...I feel like clarkson is getting there...they took this guy on as a goon, then found out he actually has some skills...I feel like this team needs a true leader...I also feel like sutter stripped this team of some of its balls...we need to get that back and guys need to start playing hard!!!

What I'm saying is that zajac needs to say, "I'm earning my money...I'm a team member...a leader" Not, "I'm gonna skate around and fade into the background from time to time, give me more money..." He can't take a second off...he needs to play like a vet to get vet money...not just because we have it laying around in cap space...

devilshockey77
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
agreed 100%........does anybody have any idea how much zajac is asking for????

NjDevilsFan
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
I understand what your saying Jersey Mike and in a perfect sports world that would happen but the fact is we can't go about signing him like that, because someone else will. Look at Gionta 5 mil a year is clearly DUMB but he got it sure enough. We should give Zajac that much money he clearly has some chemistry with Parise and Langenbrunner is on the line to teach him. There is not many players like Parise who go hard all game long and the odds of building a team full of them is slim to none so in the mean time lets take the guy with some skill and tons of potential rather then some fill in thats gonna play with the same effort and less skill. We should just give him like 2 mill a year and try and give him a kick in the *** when necessary.

Jersey Mike
07-10-2009, 10:01 PM
yeah, I agree with what you guys are saying...this is what I'm talking about with the arbitrator thing above though...both sides couldn't agree and it's out of their hands now...I'm sure with his poor showing last season, he isn't gonna get what he wants...this is where I think that Lou is smart and he will most probably get the better end of the bargain...this is what I meant about zajac playing harder his last season under contract and trying to make a better case for himself with lou, then the free agent market...

I say keep him because he does have more upside...however, he needs to start stepping up...I am not so hopeful to think that we are gonna get a team of parises...how sweet that would be though!!!! Buth think about the guys we had in the past...stevens, daneko, brodeur, elias, neidermeir, arnott and so on and so on...that "C" on the sweater meant something...

Sometimes I feel that langenbrunner should be stripped of the "C" and it should be given to either parise or back to elias...then some azzes need to get kicked...

NjDevilsFan
07-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah but to take the C away from a Vet and give it to a guy as young as Parise might cause some turbulence haha the thought of how the players might react to that is funny.

Jersey Mike
07-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah but to take the C away from a Vet and give it to a guy as young as Parise might cause some turbulence haha the thought of how the players might react to that is funny.

yeah...that would send a message wouldn't it??? It would say that hard work really does mean something...they would feel like elias did when sutter stripped him of it...langenbrunner kinda disappears in some games...look at sid the kid...he is a youngin' and he sports the "C"...I think that we need consistency from ALL of our players...look at the first carolina game in the playoffs...we manhandled them...there was no way they were gonna beat us after that showing...then we just faded away and became ice capades and looked like a group of guys just skating around...

NjDevilsFan
07-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Not a positive message though and you don't know what Parise's like in the locker room as opposed to Langs and I disagree I don't think he disappears he might not be as good as Parise but I think he's good and clutch.

Jersey Mike
07-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Not a positive message though and you don't know what Parise's like in the locker room as opposed to Langs and I disagree I don't think he disappears he might not be as good as Parise but I think he's good and clutch.

I agree that he isn't as good or maybe to be fair...the same type of forward...however some nights he seems noneffective...like he isn't making a difference...the whole team except for a few above mentioned get like that...how many games (and we'll use the last playoff game as an example) have they just tried to coast to a win or a tie even when if they just gave a little more heart and not tried to play conservative til the end they would SECURE the win...we need a guy like that on the bench, lockerroom and ice...

JetsYanksDevils
07-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Guys from what im hearing the rangers arent signing callahan or dubinsky i say we sign zajac and get one of them...callahan and dunbinski r both fan favorites so it would hurt ranger fans for us to sign one of them

Jersey Mike
07-12-2009, 08:50 PM
dubinski is a definite 100% all the time player...I would love to get him for sure!!! Not just to piss off the rangers, but because he is a guy who would make other guys better...

JetsYanksDevils
07-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah and if u look at it we lost Madden who is a Center and Gionta is a RW..what do u no Dubinski Center Callahan RW this would vastly improve both people we lost and i also believe Dubinski is a good penalty killer so he could replace madden.....and if we get Zajac the lines would look like this
Parise-Zajac-Langs
Elias-Dubinski-Callahan
Pandolfo-Zubrus-Rolston
4th line ??? we lost holik rupp madden and shanny all spent time on line 4

TheDetroitBlue
07-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Shanny might be coming back to new jersey from what i heard from nj.com but who knows lol

Jersey Mike
07-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah and if u look at it we lost Madden who is a Center and Gionta is a RW..what do u no Dubinski Center Callahan RW this would vastly improve both people we lost and i also believe Dubinski is a good penalty killer so he could replace madden.....and if we get Zajac the lines would look like this
Parise-Zajac-Langs
Elias-Dubinski-Callahan
Pandolfo-Zubrus-Rolston
4th line ??? we lost holik rupp madden and shanny all spent time on line 4

dubinski is a guy like madden...tough as nails and never say die...man that would be some of the best news I've heard this summer if I found out we were picking up dubinski and or callahan...

JetsYanksDevils
07-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Shanny might be coming back to new jersey from what i heard from nj.com but who knows lol

i hope so i like shanny alot..

jersey mike i agree i think we gotta get dubinski or callahan just cuz there playing abilities but it also takes away from rangers its a win win situation come on lou

NjDevilsFan
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey hey hey! Shanny might be back! Lol I sure hope so I was ecstatic when he came back to us, and I'm starting to think we're done anyway because we signed stupid Lemaire I'm so pissed.

JetsYanksDevils
07-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Callahan has been signed..devils please sign someone u cant lose madden and gionta and not use that cap room

NjDevilsFan
07-13-2009, 10:00 PM
The Rangers letting Callahan walk would have been catastrophic for fans and just their team in general.

JetsYanksDevils
07-14-2009, 05:47 PM
lets just sign sykora we brought back old coach lets bring back old player he could replace gionta hes got chemistry with elias..and gionta wasnt that productive

deke173
07-15-2009, 12:42 AM
lets just sign sykora we brought back old coach lets bring back old player he could replace gionta hes got chemistry with elias..and gionta wasnt that productive

I agree 100%. We should also look to dump Zubrus, maybe in a trade for Arnott and get the A-Line together again.

NjDevilsFan
07-15-2009, 03:37 AM
NOBODY, wants Zubrus the guy has the potential to be great, but hes terrible. He has soft hands he's BROLIC and he can move and hit when he wants to, but his salary is so much for such an under achiever. Not to mention god forbid someone lays a good hit on the guy he MUST retaliate he is like a child. I cant imagine us getting anything for Zubrus.

TheDetroitBlue
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Bring back sykora I agree

JetsYanksDevils
07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
After we sign Zajac i feel like this is what the devils should do...First sign these 3 sykora,shannahan,satan(satan on a devil jersey would look sick lol).... than if we still got some extra dough we get dunbinsky..
Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Elias-Dubinsky-Sykora
Shanny-Rolston-Satan
Zubrus-Pelley-Clarkson

That is a very good lineup and not out of reach with the money we have think about it...Gionta was makin 4million a year..madden holik and rupp are all gone and all of them made decent money especially madden

NjDevilsFan
07-15-2009, 05:18 PM
I disagree, I don't think we should get Sykora back he's old and as long as were bringing in more youth why bring back frail old Sykora? Idk thats just me and I dont want Satan either he's another underacheiver although Dubinsky would be a nice pickup.

JetsYanksDevils
07-15-2009, 05:46 PM
^^^ u could say sykora is old and all that stuff but i dnt think satans been an underachiever the guy has had such a consistant career and i think would be a great pickup.....i think sykora would be an instant fit even if he is old thats y i like him.. i honestly would expect sykora to come here and if healthy score 15-20 goals which is good for an old guy in a defensive system which is what the devs will have............
the bottom line is we g2 start doing something because everyones getting better and we are still not giving zajac his money or signing any quality free agents

TheDetroitBlue
07-15-2009, 07:13 PM
True I really hope we get Zajac signed soon

NjDevilsFan
07-15-2009, 07:34 PM
If he's healthy. For 20 goals a year is the risk honestly worth the reward? If we're gonna have a kid from the minors take his spot if he gets hurt anyway why not just take someone for the whole year. And Satan has had under 40 points the past two seasons on a Pitt team with much better playmakers around him, again I'd rather just see a kid from the minors getting the valuable experience.

NjDevilsFan
07-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Idk thats just me I feel like just because we missed out on top quality Free Agents doesnt mean we should settle on anyone.

JetsYanksDevils
07-15-2009, 10:53 PM
If he's healthy. For 20 goals a year is the risk honestly worth the reward? If we're gonna have a kid from the minors take his spot if he gets hurt anyway why not just take someone for the whole year. And Satan has had under 40 points the past two seasons on a Pitt team with much better playmakers around him, again I'd rather just see a kid from the minors getting the valuable experience.

Well last season Satan was pretty much injured the entire season untill the end... and Satan isnt a guy that is meant to play with superstars he can carry a line like he did numerous times as an islander.... i agree with u that we should get younger too but im saying lets fill the holik rupp voids with younger guys to see how they do and fill madden gionta voids with proven players

Pensx3
07-16-2009, 02:06 PM
You Devils fans are excited about the possibility of signing Shanahan, but complain that Sykora is too old? First off, he is only 32, and Shanny is 40, going on 65 by the way he played last year. Sykora has put up really good numbers the last 2 years. He played very poorly in the playoffs this past season which might make him even more affordable. The Penguins still might sign Sykora for a 1 year deal after failing to trade for a top 6 winger. I am not sold on Satan, he has to play alongside good players if you want him to score. For some reason he could not mesh with Crosby or Malkin. But do not expect him to produce on a third line with mediocre talent.

Satan cannot carry a line by himself anymore. If Satan is not on the top 2 lines, the Devils would be better off bringing up a prospect because Satan is not going to play well.

JetsYanksDevils
07-20-2009, 09:07 PM
dude we better not let zajac go!!

NjDevilsFan
07-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Idk about Zajac unfortunately, even if we get him back now for like what 2 years he's still on his way to arbitration. Now I don't know him personally but apparently he is convinced he is worth however much money, and we cannot convince him otherwise. So say we win the hearing we get him for 2 years and he plays great, he's most likely gonna walk because of what happened. Idk thats just how I feel.

JetsYanksDevils
07-21-2009, 09:47 AM
and now my new guy i think we should sign is Zherdev lol cuz the rangers are letting him walk and he lead there team in points

NjDevilsFan
07-21-2009, 03:12 PM
I can see why you might wanna sign Zherdev but I don't think he's a Devils type of player he's very me first and supposedly a big underachiever but who knows. He just doesn't seem like Lou's type of guy.

JesusJuicer
07-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Devil fans you do not want Zherdev...he is a headcase, has two great games and then disappears for a month...is generally not capable defensively (he did try harder last year than what people believed he would going in, though)....and he's not physical at all.

JetsYanksDevils
07-22-2009, 02:44 PM
YO WE SIGNED ZAJAC what a relief

NjDevilsFan
07-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Lol yeah and we got him before his arbitration hearing which means we're on better terms for when we sign him next time. Good stuff. :clap:

JetsYanksDevils
07-22-2009, 03:52 PM
^^^ yeah i no,,now we can focus on getting FA's cuz we resigned all our good players

Do0msday
07-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Zajac stays. Hooray!!

Nascar-NJDevils
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
The ZZ Pops line lives another day.

TheDetroitBlue
07-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Good the contract price wasnt to steep 3.86 mil a year not bad for a guy like zajac

NjDevilsFan
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah hopefully his play progresses like it should cause towards the end its 4 plus and I liked having all that cap flexibility haha

JetsYanksDevils
07-24-2009, 04:30 PM
umm we signed zajac whats holding us back from signing FA's? lol DO SOMETHING DEVILS we lost 5 starters(including shanny who might come back) lets fill those holes

NjDevilsFan
07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Who are we gonna sign over priced softee Tanguay? There is no reason to sign a FA there isn't anything worth it out there, I know I can't be the only one who sat by the computer hitting refresh waiting for our Devils to make a BIG signing that would blow us all away that we would still be talking about but it didn't happen and all that was good out there is pretty much gone. Why settle and waste cap space?

JetsYanksDevils
07-26-2009, 10:02 AM
I dont think we should sign overpriced free agents but as i said when u lose 5 starters like the devils have, your gonna have alot of cap room....I dont wanta have 2 lines of minor league devils on my team i want some veterans or proven FA's

NjDevilsFan
07-26-2009, 10:56 AM
They are all gone, lmao.

TheDetroitBlue
07-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Very true unfortunately bring in afinegenov!

NjDevilsFan
07-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I dont think we should sign overpriced free agents but as i said when u lose 5 starters like the devils have, your gonna have alot of cap room....I dont wanta have 2 lines of minor league devils on my team i want some veterans or proven FA's

Look every team has to go through a youth movement eventually sometimes it ends up with the team having the first overall pick because they got so bad. But the Devils as they stand right now are bringing in a ton of youth and can still very well make the playoffs basically we'd never miss a beat.
We're fortunate because these young guys will still have Elias, Rolston, Salvador (should help Jay Leach), Langenbrunner we have a bunch of great veterans to help all these young guys so they don't have to learn the N.H.L on there own as much as someone say on the Islanders might. I think we're in pretty good shape right now although I might just be very optimistic.

Sportscenterman
07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
We are running out of time with Marty and need to make some last runs with him before he retires. Thus, we need to sign some talent

Devilfan309
07-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Question,how much years are left on nicklas bergfors contract?

P.S Phil Kessel why not?

NJDEVS24
07-29-2009, 08:49 PM
We are running out of time with Marty and need to make some last runs with him before he retires. Thus, we need to sign some talent

And were also going to have to start thinking about a replacement for him after next year, either in the draft or free agency because the end is near for marty even though he is still great. Right now we need a forward who can help replace giontas 20 goals, maybe afinogenov? mike grier? prospal?

NjDevilsFan
07-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Justin Pogge, hes on the block from the Leafs because he wants more playing time, Marty will need more rest and the kid seems pretty promising not to mention he's making 600,000 and will most likely come cheap as far as the trade goes. Ohh and he's 23 years old.

NJDEVS24
08-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Justin Pogge, hes on the block from the Leafs because he wants more playing time, Marty will need more rest and the kid seems pretty promising not to mention he's making 600,000 and will most likely come cheap as far as the trade goes. Ohh and he's 23 years old.

yeah and he can only improve, we should atleast take a shot and he can learn from marty as his backup for a year or two and then we'd be set for another 15 years.

NjDevilsFan
08-01-2009, 11:55 PM
It shouldn't even be necessary to take a shot how much could the Leafs possibly be asking for the guy? Maybe a couple draft picks I think Lou has to get this done, its our best bet for a long term guy now.

NJDEVS24
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Afinogenov and comrie are still out there. Maybe we can get one of them.

icehockeyben
08-29-2009, 06:09 PM
here is what i think: if kessel is released, devils offer him 5 mill/ 5 years. he is an amazing young talent who has not yet reached his potential and would dominate with rolston and elias as a 2nd line.

NjDevilsFan
08-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Kessel isn't getting released. He's too valuable a player for the Bruins to give him up for nothing we're gonna have to do a pretty nice job of compensating for them.