PDA

View Full Version : Source: Rockets Trying To Get Into Lottery

phlp_bj
06-25-2009, 01:06 PM
ESPN's Chad Ford is reporting that the Rockets have contacted a number of teams about trading up into the lottery.

Sources told Ford that Houston has called the Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings and Timberwolves about moving up, and a number of players on their roster appear available.

Tracy McGrady, Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry and Shane Battier have been mentioned in possible deals.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/news/story?page=09DraftBuzz-090625&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fdraft2009%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fpage%3d09D raftBuzz-090625

are they rebulding too?

ink
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
This makes a lot more sense to me than an Amare for McGrady deal. I can see the Rockets trying to get rid of McGrady, and getting back some lottery calibre talent would be a great way to flip that asset.

Rockets Fanatic
06-25-2009, 01:26 PM
I would much rather get Amare first then worry about Lottery

Wrightw/Reyes19
06-25-2009, 01:32 PM
if we could get someone like Evans or DeRozan to develop under Ron(if he resigns) then that would be solid

pippsux
06-25-2009, 01:34 PM
This is a weak, uncertain draft, I would prefer and a known caliber player.

ink
06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
^ The problem is that the asset the Rockets are trying to trade away has a serious injury history. The chances of him contributing to a new team are limited so only a fool would trade a contributing member of their team for him. Now, maybe Kerr is that fool, maybe not. McGrady for a lottery pick sounds much more likely to me unless Kerr just wants to dump Amare. That would have a horrible effect on the rest of the Suns and would probably lead to Nash leaving as well. So they'd have what? McGrady and a bunch of guys scratching their heads?

Mile High Champ
06-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Steve Kerr is someone I have no faith in as a GM.. He has not been good at all since taking over the Suns. He would make a terrible trade like this..

S-Dot
06-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Steve Kerr is someone I have no faith in as a GM.. He has not been good at all since taking over the Suns. He would make a terrible trade like this..

Preach my friend...preach

ink
06-25-2009, 02:03 PM

It should cost Kerr his job.

shinjirod
06-25-2009, 02:42 PM
There must be something Morey is seeing that were not. I'm sure theres a player he loves because of his mad stats analysis, and i hope hes right as usual. I think it could be Harden.