PDA

View Full Version : Nowitzki a top 5 player?

steelcityroller
06-29-2004, 08:45 AM
During a interview the other day Mark Cuban said that he wouldn't include Nowitzki in a trade for Shaq or Tracy McGrady. He said that you don't trade guys like Nowitzki who is a top 5 player unless they are unhappy and Dirk loves it in Dallas. So Mark Cuban thinks Nowitzki is a top 5 player. I disagree.

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Shaq O'Neal
4. Jermaine O'Neal
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Tracy McGrady
7. Jason Kidd
8. Allen Iverson
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Peja Stojakovic

I know at least a couple of you guys will disagree with my top 10 so let me hear it. But the bottom line is that Dirk is not a top 5 guy and IMO he will not be a top 10 guy after this season with Lebron, Melo and Yao improving.

Coheed
06-29-2004, 08:54 AM
i pretty much agree with your list..........

IMO....what makes Dirk drop outta the top 5-maybe even top 10 list of best players in the NBA is his lack of defensive skills. look at the top five & you'll see that each one of those players are defensive studs.

cheesy poofs
06-29-2004, 12:38 PM
maybe he meant offensively? or maybe he meant one of the top five names?
he is one of the most unique players in the nba (for now).

regardin your top ten, i dont know if i would put tmac in there... here me out on this one. IMO, if your a top ten player in the nba, there is no way your team should have the WORST record in the nba. i dont care how bad the rest of your team is... i mean who does atlanta have (thats a star)? the talent around paul pierce and ai cant be that much better than what tmac has, can it? washington had a lot of injuries and still finished better than orlando... 21 wins and if they were in the west, probably less than 15.. even pippen led the jordan-less bulls to the playoffs.. old fogey jordan almost got the wizards in the playoffs..
ppl will say tmac 'gave up' on the season. i think thats sort of an excuse. the top players dont give up, thats what makes them the top players.. the drive to win you could call it.. i would at least put (among those not in your list) paul pierce, baron davis ahead of tmac at this time. i'm not sure about peja (in the top ten) either... what do you guys think? maybe i'm off base, if so give me your reasons..
:gun: :eek:

Coheed
06-29-2004, 12:52 PM
maybe he meant offensively? or maybe he meant one of the top five names?
he is one of the most unique players in the nba (for now).

regardin your top ten, i dont know if i would put tmac in there... here me out on this one. IMO, if your a top ten player in the nba, there is no way your team should have the WORST record in the nba. i dont care how bad the rest of your team is... i mean who does atlanta have (thats a star)? the talent around paul pierce and ai cant be that much better than what tmac has, can it? washington had a lot of injuries and still finished better than orlando... 21 wins and if they were in the west, probably less than 15.. even pippen led the jordan-less bulls to the playoffs.. old fogey jordan almost got the wizards in the playoffs..
ppl will say tmac 'gave up' on the season. i think thats sort of an excuse. the top players dont give up, thats what makes them the top players.. the drive to win you could call it.. i would at least put (among those not in your list) paul pierce, baron davis ahead of tmac at this time. i'm not sure about peja (in the top ten) either... what do you guys think? maybe i'm off base, if so give me your reasons..
:gun: :eek:

great points!!!

i would definitely put Pierce in there.....forgot about him!
im not sure if he deserves to be in there, but Rip deserves to be mentioned among the elite. he's an up & coming superstar, IMO. he has good enough offense & his defense is lights out!

lilreg05
06-29-2004, 05:38 PM
I'll give ya'll my top 10 plus some players that could be in top 10.

1.Kevin Garnett (plays w/most intensity since M. Jordan)
2.Tim Duncan
3.Shaq O'Neal
4.T-Mac
5.Kobe Bryant
6.Jermaine O'Neal
7.Jason Kidd
8.Allen Iverson
9.Peja S.
10.Steve Francise
11.Paul Priece
12.Chris Webber(when healthy)
12.Dirk Nowitzki
13.Lebron James
14.Carmelo Anthony
15.Dwanye Wade

IndiansFan337
06-30-2004, 01:43 AM

2.Tim Duncan
3.Shaq O'Neal
4.T-Mac
5.Kobe Bryant
6.Jermaine O'Neal
7.Jason Kidd
8.Allen Iverson
9.Peja S.
10.Steve Francise
11.Paul Priece
12.Dirk Nowitzki
13.Lebron James
14.Carmelo Anthony
15.Dwanye Wade

There's no way T-Mac's at #4. He could beip there, but he doesn't have the desire to be the best. He doesn't try at all on defense. He's getting lazy & just shooting 3-pointers all day rather than taking to ball to the hoop like he used to. T-Mac will have to try on defense now that his new coach is Jeff Van Gundy. This isn't gonna turn out the way T-Mac wanted it to. Anyways, I think Wade at 15 is pushin' it. I can think of quite a few players who are better all-around than he is. Kenyon Martin, Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Stephon Marbury, Shawn Marion, & maybe even his Heat teammate - Lamar Odom. Iverson is a good scorer, but #8 may be a bit too high for him as well.

Metskick#1
07-02-2004, 04:48 PM

2.Tim Duncan
3.Shaq O'Neal
4.T-Mac
5.Kobe Bryant
6.Jermaine O'Neal
7.Jason Kidd
8.Allen Iverson
9.Peja S.
10.Steve Francise
11.Paul Priece
12.Dirk Nowitzki
13.Lebron James
14.Carmelo Anthony
15.Dwanye Wade

You are so off.
1. Garnett
2. Duncan
3. Shaq
4. Kidd
5. J. O'Niel
6. McGrady
7. Bryant
8. DIRK
9. Peja
10. Marion
11. Iverson
12. James
13. Fransis
14. B. Wallace
15. Hamilton
16. R. Wallace
17. Davis
18. Pierce
19. Anthony
20. Marbury

IndiansFan337
07-04-2004, 05:57 PM
You are so off.
1. Garnett
2. Duncan
3. Shaq
4. Kidd
5. J. O'Niel
6. McGrady
7. Bryant
8. DIRK
9. Peja
10. Marion
11. Iverson
12. James
13. Fransis
14. B. Wallace
15. Hamilton
16. R. Wallace
17. Davis
18. Pierce
19. Anthony
20. Marbury
I like your list, but Kobe is better than McGrady all-around & I don't think Rasheed Wallace or Rip Hamilton should be that high. Neither of them are superstars & 2 months before the Pistons got Rasheed everyone was saying how he sucked & how he's so "overrated". Hamilton is a good player, mainly a scorer, but not top 20 in the NBA. Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Chris Webber and others are all better than Sheed & Hamilton. All 3 of these players were hurt this year & that's probably why you overlooked them. Just 2 years ago people were saying Webber was a top 5 guy & now because he got hurt everyone thinks that puts him out of the top 20, that is rediculous to me. These lists are so hard to make & I'm not criticizing you, so please don't take it that way. This is just my opinion. Baron Davis could move into the top 10 if he would quit shooting soooooooo many bad 3-pointers.

MeTS 4 LiFE
07-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Ben Wallace is the best player of all time in NBA basketball.

Metsboi69
07-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Ben Wallace is the best player of all time in NBA basketball.
LoL

MeTS 4 LiFE
07-05-2004, 10:05 AM
It's true and you know it

lilreg05
07-05-2004, 05:23 PM
One thing that we all have in common we all have Kevin Garnett 1st Tim Duncan 2nd and Shaq 3rd. And Dirk is not a top 5 player.

MeTS 4 LiFE
07-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Dirk is a great shooter AND he can drive AND he can play D, that makes him in the top 5 for me.

IndiansFan337
07-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Dirk is a great shooter AND he can drive AND he can play D, that makes him in the top 5 for me.

Yeah, he's unbelievable on D. The coaches were debating whether or not to put him on the All-NBA Defensive 1st team or to call him one of the worst defensive 7 footers ever to play in the NBA. I'd go with the latter one.

MeTS 4 LiFE
07-05-2004, 07:56 PM
dude cmon give me a break Dirk is a very good bball player

Driven
07-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Elton Brand is the most underrated player in basketball.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-31-2009, 02:27 PM
No Joe Johnson is

lol this thread is 4 1/2 years old but i wanna bump it up for fun

DrDEADalready
01-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Lol wow this is old. I wasn't even on here when this was made.

cambovenzi
01-31-2009, 02:32 PM
During a interview the other day Mark Cuban said that he wouldn't include Nowitzki in a trade for Shaq or Tracy McGrady. He said that you don't trade guys like Nowitzki who is a top 5 player unless they are unhappy and Dirk loves it in Dallas. So Mark Cuban thinks Nowitzki is a top 5 player. I disagree.

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Shaq O'Neal
4. Jermaine O'Neal
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Tracy McGrady
7. Jason Kidd
8. Allen Iverson
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Peja Stojakovic

I know at least a couple of you guys will disagree with my top 10 so let me hear it. But the bottom line is that Dirk is not a top 5 guy and IMO he will not be a top 10 guy after this season with Lebron, Melo and Yao improving.

ohhh.
i was thinking what the hell is that.

lakers4sho
01-31-2009, 02:37 PM
:laugh:

Missing56&33
01-31-2009, 02:38 PM
poor Dirk, he just needs to be traded to the Celtics or something, he keep getting scrubs around him, but they blew it up 2-0 vs Miami

IU Hoosiers 3
01-31-2009, 02:45 PM
dirks not awful at D anymore.

dre1990
01-31-2009, 02:47 PM
ohhh.
i was thinking what the hell is that.

X2 :laugh: with peja

boms-4
01-31-2009, 02:56 PM
i would put Dirk in the top5 easily over T Mac

madiaz3