PDA

View Full Version : 76ers shopping Brand

Brewers255
06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
An NBA source has confirmed to The Philadelphia Inquirer that 76ers general manager Ed Stefanski has shopped power forward Elton Brand.

That same source tells the newspaper that Brand is unlikely to be traded because teams don't want the four years and $65M left on his contract and they're concerned about his long-term health, after two straight injury-plagued seasons

Interesting. Would Brand be a good fit anywhere?

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 12:36 PM
He could come back to Chicago. Bulls trade Tyrus Thomas, Tim thomas and Jerome James for him.

PG Rose/Hinrich
SG Gordon/Salmons
SF Deng/Salmons
PF Brand/Miller
C Noah/Gray

kylem4711
06-25-2009, 12:36 PM
a slow team like the spurs

Killadelphian13
06-25-2009, 12:37 PM
There are plenty of teams who would probably take him but his contract and tendency to get hurt are probably way too much for them to consider without giving up one of their best players. If Tony DiLeo was still coaching I would love to trade Brand (I didn't really want him in the first place) but now that Eddie Jordan is our coach and we'll be running the Princeton Offense I'd be willing to give Brand another shot.

JOSKOMANG4
06-25-2009, 12:53 PM
He could come back to Chicago. Bulls trade Tyrus Thomas, Tim thomas and Jerome James for him.

PG Rose/Hinrich
SG Gordon/Salmons
SF Deng/Salmons
PF Brand/Miller
C Noah/Gray

What about Brand and 17th pick for Tyrus Thomas and Kirk Hinrich?????

Lineup Outlook:

Bulls:

C) Miller/Noah
PF) Brand / Tim Thomas
SF) Deng / L. Johnson
SG) Gordon(resigned)/ Salmons
PG) D. Rose

Sixers:

C) Dalembart /
PF) T. Thomas/ M. Speightss / J Smith
SF) T. Young/ J. Kapono
SG) A.I # 2 / R. Ivey
PG) Hinrich / L Williams / W. Green

pd7631
06-25-2009, 12:57 PM
I hate how he's being labeled injury prone. This past season he messed up his shoulder by falling awkwardly on it after falling over another player. It's not like it's an old injury that flared up.

EB will make us so much better this season, especially now that we brought a coach in that can effectively fit him into the offense, unlike Mo Cheeks(who also failed to fit Chris Webber into the team, when that was basically what he was brought in to do).

Andre Iguodala and EB have serious all-star potential this year in Eddie Jordan's system, we'll just have to see how the team plays defensively.

Now, with all that said, if the right deal comes along, I would be ok with him being moved, as long as we keep our core guys.

These are the guys I would really be pissed about if they got traded:

Andre Iguodala
Thaddeus Young
Lou Williams
Mareese Speights
Jason Smith

.....those players make up a great young nucleus, so if it came down to Brand or one of those guys leaving, I'd much rather ship Brand out. Elton will be a 34 year old, undersized PF by the end of his contract, so I hope the franchise has their eyes set on the future with our team and not try desperately to make the EB signing work.

Unec
06-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Brand and the 17th pick for thomas and hinrich??? Lmao hahahahahaahaha can we curse on here??? Hell to the no!! Brand wont be traded period.

76ers will only trade dalembert and maybe sign and trade miller

FNM BOY
06-25-2009, 01:01 PM

PG Rose/Hinrich
SG Gordon/Salmons
SF Deng/Salmons
PF Brand/Miller
C Noah/Gray

Its amazing how teams like to offer trash for coveted players...Tyrus would be welcomed but think of other ideas...Thomas James are Trash...sorry!

FNM BOY
06-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Brand is staying and will be in top form this season.

S-Dot
06-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Brand is still a great player, but his contract will be hard to trade as of now because of the injuries these past two years; I think he will have a solid season next year in Philly

Chronz
06-25-2009, 01:07 PM
What about to Washington for Antawn?

Killadelphian13
06-25-2009, 01:08 PM
What about Brand and 17th pick for Tyrus Thomas and Kirk Hinrich?????

Lineup Outlook:

Bulls:

C) Miller/Noah
PF) Brand / Tim Thomas
SF) Deng / L. Johnson
SG) Gordon(resigned)/ Salmons
PG) D. Rose

Sixers:

C) Dalembart /
PF) T. Thomas/ M. Speightss / J Smith
SF) T. Young/ J. Kapono
SG) A.I # 2 / R. Ivey
PG) Hinrich / L Williams / W. Green

That's an atrocious lineup for the Sixers, nearly as bad as your butchering of the spelling of their names. And Willie Green doesn't play point, nor will Iguodala play the 2 because he can't shoot nearly consistently enough. He hits the occasional jump shot but is by-and-large a slash and cut player.

Brewers255
06-25-2009, 01:08 PM
I saw this on another board, but what about Redd for Brand? This would save the Bucks some cash this year and next year, and IF Brand is healthy, your talking about a Brand-Bogut front court which would be pretty good.

S-Dot
06-25-2009, 01:09 PM
What about to Washington for Antawn?

The Wizards owners and GM love Antawn too much to give him up for Elton Brand...no way that would happen

CELTICS4LYFE
06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Brand is staying and will be in top form this season.

thats what i think, i dont believe this rumor

Mile High Champ
06-25-2009, 01:11 PM
I would not want him, I will say no to his health problems and that massive contract.

PhillyBoomerang
06-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Brand is not going anywhere.. i would not trade him.. i still think he can be a good player for us

BkOriginalOne
06-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Why not Brand for Amare, it seems to fit both teams Needs.

pd7631
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
That's an atrocious lineup for the Sixers, nearly as bad as your butchering of the spelling of their names. And Willie Green doesn't play point, nor will Iguodala play the 2 because he can't shoot nearly consistently enough. He hits the occasional jump shot but is by-and-large a slash and cut player.

It's really not that bad of a lineup. We get more athletic with Tyrus Thomas, so we can continue to run, Iggy can play the 2 since it's really no different from the 3, and we get a good PG who is in his prime years that can play D and shoot the 3.

I don't think it makes us a better team than if we kept Brand, but in the long term it would be better for us. I wish we could keep the 17th pick and pick Maynor to backup Hinrich, then I would be all over that trade.

Maybe we could do this:

Elton Brand and 2010 1st round pick(lottery protected) for Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas...........I would be all over that trade.

Then all we'd have to do is find a way to move Dalembert(proposed Charlotte deal *Dalembert for Radmanovic and Mohammed) and then we could plug Speights in at Center.

PG-Hinrich/Maynor
SG-Iggy/Lou/Green
SF-Thad/Kapono/Radmanovic
PF-Tyrus Thomas/Jason Smith
C-Mareese Speights/Nazr Mohammed

That's not a contending team now, but there's a lot of upside in all of those players, and we would have a ton of assets to get a legit star in their prime(Bosh, Amare, somebody else in a couple years)

Ace33Bone
06-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I feel as though brand would fit into a number of different places and that any team could potentially use him. The only thing is that he has a huge contract that a lot of teams will not be willing to take on. He will be in philly next year and i think he will be back to old form

Right Round
06-25-2009, 01:27 PM
I would love for Brand to be shipped away. But realistically, no team would take him. The 76ers are stuck with him for the next few years, as much as it sucks.

TheShock45
06-25-2009, 01:39 PM
first off i cant believe they'd let it leak that they were shopping him because he wants to be on the east coast for family reasons and probly could of gotten more money from other teams

2nd if we were trading him i think it would be what has been said all along
he would go to a team where no1 would choose to go but elton would be forced to go x- toronto, okc, charlotte etc

Killadelphian13
06-25-2009, 02:33 PM
It's really not that bad of a lineup. We get more athletic with Tyrus Thomas, so we can continue to run, Iggy can play the 2 since it's really no different from the 3, and we get a good PG who is in his prime years that can play D and shoot the 3.

I don't think it makes us a better team than if we kept Brand, but in the long term it would be better for us. I wish we could keep the 17th pick and pick Maynor to backup Hinrich, then I would be all over that trade.

Maybe we could do this:

Elton Brand and 2010 1st round pick(lottery protected) for Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas...........I would be all over that trade.

Then all we'd have to do is find a way to move Dalembert(proposed Charlotte deal *Dalembert for Radmanovic and Mohammed) and then we could plug Speights in at Center.

PG-Hinrich/Maynor
SG-Iggy/Lou/Green
SF-Thad/Kapono/Radmanovic
PF-Tyrus Thomas/Jason Smith
C-Mareese Speights/Nazr Mohammed

That's not a contending team now, but there's a lot of upside in all of those players, and we would have a ton of assets to get a legit star in their prime(Bosh, Amare, somebody else in a couple years)
Yeah, except we're not gonna be the same run-and-gun team as last year. Eddie Jordan runs the Princeton Offense, not at all like the fast-paced breakneck style Cheeks and DiLeo used.

Brewers255
06-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Here's a post on a Bucks board

Hmm...

Have radio shows or something been talking about us trading for Brand? I just got a call from a buddy of mine who isn't a huge basketball fan, but told me he has been hearing that the Bucks want to trade Redd for Brand and Philly's first rounder.

He doesn't really know enough to make up the rumor, so he must have heard it from somewhere.

Anyone else hear this?

pd7631
06-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Here's a post on a Bucks board

Anyone else hear this?

wow so that guy heard that the Sixers are gonna trade Elton Brand and the 17th pick for Michael Redd?

If the Sixers did that deal, I would show up at every upper level employee in the Sixers front office and kick each of them square in the nuts.

Brewers255
06-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't know if it's legit or not, but the guy who posted it had 17K posts over there, and another person said this after:

I dont do the inside sources thing , but i heard this from someone who is very involved . that their was an interest in brand for redd .

Raps18-19 Champ
06-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Brand for Marion

C-Brand
PF-Bosh
SF-Bargnani
SG-Derozan
PG-Calderon

Killadelphian13
06-25-2009, 02:55 PM
wow so that guy heard that the Sixers are gonna trade Elton Brand and the 17th pick for Michael Redd?

If the Sixers did that deal, I would show up at every upper level employee in the Sixers front office and kick each of them square in the nuts.
I've just disagreed with you on a different topic but I wholeheartedly concur here.

Brooklyn Mets
06-25-2009, 02:58 PM
a slow team like the spurs

duncan
brand
jefferson
ginobli
parker

bonner
gooden
mason jr.

not a bad fit

masalex1205
06-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Brand for Marion

C-Brand
PF-Bosh
SF-Bargnani
SG-Derozan
PG-Calderon

Marion is a free agent

ttam68
06-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Take out the pick and I'd do the deal for Redd. Maybe a future 2nd or the right to swap future firsts

championships
06-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Houston, They seem to like injury prone players. Perfect fit

IBleedPurple
06-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Houston, They seem to like injury prone players. Perfect fit

:laugh:

I don't think many teams want to pay Brand that contract.