PDA

View Full Version : Pacers discussing trading Ford? Suns interested?

Brewers255
06-25-2009, 09:59 AM
The Indiana Pacers are discussing trading point guard T.J. Ford with several teams, league sources say, including the Phoenix Suns.

Source: Yahoo Sports

Would Ford be a good fit on the Suns and if so, what would his trade value be?

ttam68
06-25-2009, 10:02 AM

Would Ford be a good fit on the Pacers and if so, what would his trade value be?

I think he'd be a bad fit on the Pacers. They'd probably try to trade him.

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 10:04 AM
why on earth would phoenix be interested in him.
it'll be toronto all over again, he will be behind nash playing 15-20 mins a game.
the people who come up with these rumours dont even think

ink
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
it'll be toronto all over again, he will be behind nash playing 15-20 mins a game.

I agree. This is an awful idea.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-25-2009, 10:14 AM
The Suns are officially a mess.

They traded Shaq and are rumoured to trade Amar'e

If those trades happen, this is their lineup

C-Lopez/Wallace
PF-Hill, Laundry
SF-Mcgrady, Barns
SG-Richardson, Pavlovic
PG-Nash, Brooks

Maybe TJ might play SG with Nash but I think it's over for the Suns if they trade Amar'e.

azkarraga
06-25-2009, 10:18 AM
or may be they want to swap Tj-Nash

lol

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 10:18 AM
both of these trade rumours (Hou,Ind) are ridiclious, neither make any sense.
Both are so dumb

SoxBucsFan
06-25-2009, 10:19 AM
heres to hoping the pacers trade their first rounder and ford to move up in the draft and get jonny flynn

shonk688
06-25-2009, 12:08 PM
I dont understand what we would get from the suns. :confused:

Hellcrooner
06-25-2009, 12:13 PM
wow, Stev Kerr should have kept dubbing Nba Live.

He is quickly beoming one of the WORST gms.

arkanian215
06-25-2009, 12:14 PM

Would Ford be a good fit on the Suns and if so, what would his trade value be?

pacers have 4 pgs i think. imo diener is as good as any of them.

ink
06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
wow, Stev Kerr should have kept dubbing Nba Live.

He is quickly beoming one of the WORST gms.

Why, because stupid rumours are circulating? :confused: Don't confuse rumours with facts. He hasn't done anything yet except unload Shaq, which is a good thing.

dre1990
06-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Why, because stupid rumours are circulating? :confused: Don't confuse rumours with facts. He hasn't done anything yet except unload Shaq, which is a good thing.

And get shaq, and trade Raja Bell and Boris Diaw, which were all stupid moves IMO

shonk688
06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
pacers have 4 pgs i think. imo diener is as good as any of them.

As a Pacers fan who has watched all of these PGs. Diener has the least talent out of all of them. He is a 3rd PG at best.

Chronz
06-25-2009, 01:20 PM

Your not thinking straight, Phoenix would be interested because they are blowin up the team if you havent noticed this fire sale going on. They will need a core to build around.

Mile High Champ
06-25-2009, 01:21 PM
This trade makes little to no sense..

Chronz
06-25-2009, 01:21 PM

How is it a good thing? Exactly how does Phx benefit from having 2 smaller expiring bums over the superior player with an expiring?

The levels you stoop to downplay Shaq is staggering.

ink
06-25-2009, 01:24 PM
How is it a good thing? Exactly how does Phx benefit from having 2 smaller expiring bums over the superior player with an expiring?

The levels you stoop to downplay Shaq is staggering.

I'm not stooping to any levels to downplay him. I'm glad the Suns got rid of him. The experiment failed.

ink
06-25-2009, 01:29 PM
And get shaq, and trade Raja Bell and Boris Diaw, which were all stupid moves IMO

He tried and failed. Maybe those were stupid moves but they weren't all his stupid moves. Sarver has had a terrible effect on the Suns ever since he bought them. My point is let's not hang the guy for rumours of what he hasn't even done yet.

PlayBRush2008
06-25-2009, 01:45 PM
im pretty sure hat this ford to the suns trade will just lead to nash getting traded to the knicks or blazers, u cant get value out of nash if hes a FA. so ford is just an insurance policy for now

cubsbullsbears
06-25-2009, 01:52 PM
im tired of the suns stacking, or at least trying to, all this talent and putting it to waste

Jay22Redd
06-25-2009, 01:55 PM
maybe we can keep Brooks

Chronz
06-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm not stooping to any levels to downplay him. I'm glad the Suns got rid of him. The experiment failed.
If the Shaq experiment failed, I wonder how well the Ben and Sasha experiment will work out for them

ink
06-25-2009, 02:05 PM
If the Shaq experiment failed, I wonder how well the Ben and Sasha experiment will work out for them

I don't even regard them as meaningful pieces. I don't have any idea how they will contribute. I assume Kerr is just clearing cap space.

Chronz
06-25-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't even regard them as meaningful pieces. I don't have any idea how they will contribute. I assume Kerr is just clearing cap space.

He saves 7 Million max if Ben retires but changes nothing for 2010. The fact that you dont regard them as meaningfull pieces is why losing Shaq isnt a good thing, youve just proven my point. They would have the same amount of cap space available for 2010 either way, only now they are a much worse team without Shaq arguably their MVP last season.

ink
06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
He saves 7 Million max if Ben retires but changes nothing for 2010. The fact that you dont regard them as meaningfull pieces is why losing Shaq isnt a good thing, youve just proven my point. They would have the same amount of cap space available for 2010 either way, only now they are a much worse team without Shaq arguably their MVP last season.

I realize that the deal was a bad deal if you look at it purely as a talent equation. I just think getting rid of Shaq is a good thing, especially with Gentry coaching an uptempo system. It doesn't matter if Shaq was the "MVP" of a dysfunctional team. It's not just about talent transactions. Sometimes it's got to be about bailing on a mistake. Kerr experimented, got burned, ruined the team, and now got rid of his mistake. The question is whether the whole team got ****ed because of it.

Anyway, back to Ford, he would seal the deal that Kerr is out of his mind. IF the rumours are true. And that's a big IF.

stealth33
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
The question is what would the suns offer anyway?

Thatruth32
06-25-2009, 02:33 PM
doesnt sound like a good move....

Brooklyn Mets
06-25-2009, 02:43 PM
im pretty sure that this ford to the suns trade will just lead to nash getting traded to the knicks or blazers, u cant get value out of nash if hes a FA. so ford is just an insurance policy for now

thats what i was thinking..

Chronz
06-25-2009, 02:54 PM
I realize that the deal was a bad deal if you look at it purely as a talent equation.
Im looking at it from a talent and financial perspective, its a bad trade in every regard.

I just think getting rid of Shaq is a good thing, especially with Gentry coaching an uptempo system.
I know you do, but can you provide any legitimate reasons as to why? EVERYONE was playing better once Gentry came on board, even Shaq. Actually he was more or less unphased, but everyone around him did much better. Shaq can play in any system so long as hes the lone trailer.

It doesn't matter if Shaq was the "MVP" of a dysfunctional team. It's not just about talent transactions. Sometimes it's got to be about bailing on a mistake. Kerr experimented, got burned, ruined the team, and now got rid of his mistake. The question is whether the whole team got ****ed because of it.
It definitely matters if you just lost your best player, the team was dysfunctional because they were losing, they were losing because of the ignorance of the coaching staff and management for trying to turn the team into something it wasnt. Kerr got burned but he got rid of the mistake a few months back. Its wasnt Shaq

Anyway, back to Ford, he would seal the deal that Kerr is out of his mind. IF the rumours are true. And that's a big IF.

No it would mean hes finally doing his job. Nash is gone, TJ is the best PG prospect for them right now.

Sly Guy
06-25-2009, 02:55 PM
according to these boards, the suns are interested in everything. There's no way to tell if TJ were traded if he'd be a good fit, or even if he'd still be a sun by the time he got out of the phoenix airport.

ink
06-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Im looking at it from a talent and financial perspective, its a bad trade in every regard.

I know you do, but can you provide any legitimate reasons as to why? EVERYONE was playing better once Gentry came on board, even Shaq. Actually he was more or less unphased, but everyone around him did much better. Shaq can play in any system so long as hes the lone trailer.

It definitely matters if you just lost your best player, the team was dysfunctional because they were losing, they were losing because of the ignorance of the coaching staff and management for trying to turn the team into something it wasnt. Kerr got burned but he got rid of the mistake a few months back. Its wasnt Shaq

No it would mean hes finally doing his job. Nash is gone, TJ is the best PG prospect for them right now.

I've given legitimate reasons. 1. I don't have time for this, literally, and 2. if you start with the "legitimate reasons" nonsense, I know this is a time-waster. I'm not interested in disproving your negative. That's cool. I don't care much about debating Shaq. I'm really only interested in things from the Suns perspective anyway. Good luck to Shaq in whatever he accomplishes in the remaining years of his career.

Chronz
06-25-2009, 03:08 PM
I've given legitimate reasons.
You said you wouldnt want Shaq because the Suns were going back to uptempo, the results of which actually favor why the Suns should hold onto Shaq. Thats not legitimate

1. I don't have time for this, literally, and 2. if you start with the "legitimate reasons" nonsense, I know this is a time-waster. I'm not interested in disproving your negative. That's cool. I don't care much about debating Shaq. I'm really only interested in things from the Suns perspective anyway. Good luck to Shaq in whatever he accomplishes in the remaining years of his career.

Im just trying to understand where your coming from, thus far all the evidence suggests you have some deep seeded animosity for Shaq, possibly stemming from his dominance in his Laker days, didnt you once say you were bored with the NBA when Shaq was running ****?

ink
06-25-2009, 04:02 PM
You said you wouldnt want Shaq because the Suns were going back to uptempo, the results of which actually favor why the Suns should hold onto Shaq. Thats not legitimate

The results wouldn't actually benefit the Suns. And I'm serious about not having time for this. I'm free to comment without having to get into a long drawn-out debate or disprove your criticisms. The Suns will be faster and more mobile without Shaq. And they will also be unencumbered by his ego.

Im just trying to understand where your coming from, thus far all the evidence suggests you have some deep seeded animosity for Shaq, possibly stemming from his dominance in his Laker days, didnt you once say you were bored with the NBA when Shaq was running ****?

People have to stay away from armchair psych. I watched Shaq at work in PHX and didn't like what I saw. Simple. It has nothing to do with Lakers days ... except that he's always been a needy personality. His ego needs a lot of maintenance and that did a lot of damage to the Suns organization. I just want to turn the page. Glad he was traded. Someone else can reap the rewards/deal with the collateral damage of the Big Aristotle's presence. There are other players in the league. The world doesn't begin and end with Shaq's tenure with a club.

Anyway, let's get back on topic. The thread is about a trade rumour involving TJ Ford.