PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Amare to the Rockets for McGrady?

phlp_bj
06-25-2009, 08:40 AM
The New York Post is reporting that Houston may have a deal for Tracy McGrady.

According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, the same source that revealed to him that Terry Porter was being fired during All-Star weekend is saying that the Suns may have an additional deal in the works that would land them Tracy McGrady, Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry in exchange for Leandro Barbosa and Amar'e Stoudemire.

Given the insane deals we have seen triggered over the past few days, this deal is not any more insane than the others that got done, what makes this report even more interesting is the fact that Houston GM Darryl Morey told Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle that he's received an enormous amount of interest in McGrady's expiring contract.

"We're getting a lot of interest on Tracy, and I do have to listen," Morey said. "It's my job to make this team as ready to win the title as possible. I think the reason we are going to have a pretty high bar on moving him is because he still provides exactly what coach (Rick Adelman) and I thought we were missing, which was a guy who can get a high-quality shot at the end of the game.

"That said, we want to position ourselves for the playoffs, it looks like it's going to be hard for Tracy to be here for a good chunk of the year, so if we can get a talented player who helps us all season, I think we have to look at it."

Houston desperately wants to acquire a pick in the middle of this draft and with word that the Suns could be trading out of the #14 pick, a deal with Houston could yield that kind of pick for the Rockets, who at 14 could get a shot at Ty Lawson or Eric Maynor, if they decide to pull the trigger on a deal moving out Aaron Brooks.

The other motivation here is Yao Ming, keep in mind Yao's camp has made it clear that he will not entertain a contract extension this summer if the Rockets remain as constructed subtle hints that Tracy McGrady needs to go. There are also reports that a recent evaluation of Yao's broken foot is showing no signs of healing putting Yao's recovery plan in question.
Look for more on this later today.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06252009/sports/moresports/wolves_on_path_of_kahn_176015.htm?page=0

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 08:45 AM
lol, i doubt this happens.

the same source that revealed to him that Terry Porter was being fired during All-Star weekend

everyone knew he was going to get fired days before the all star break

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 08:49 AM
hopefully it won't happen, who is gonna play C & PF (Landry and Amundson?)

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 08:52 AM
^^ exactly we are short enough at PF and C, and we want to trade our best big man.

North Yorker
06-25-2009, 08:55 AM
hopefully it won't happen, who is gonna play C & PF (Landry and Amundson?)

From an outsider's point of view, Robin Lopez??

Anyway that doesnt really matter what happens next year for the suns because they are gunning for 2010(hence T-Macs expiring), and a heir to Nash in Brooks.

Chicagofaithful
06-25-2009, 08:58 AM
really unfair for the suns

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 08:59 AM
From an outsider's point of view, Robin Lopez??

Anyway that doesnt really matter what happens next year for the suns because they are gunning for 2010(hence T-Macs expiring), and a heir to Nash in Brooks.

but i don't think Nash will sign his extenction, so what?

Brooks/ Dragic
J-Rich?
Dudley/ 14th pick (Clark?)
Amundson/ Landry
Robin Lopez

who is gonna sign with this team? don't see any big names...

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 09:05 AM
i think there is more of chance of a j rich/lebron swap

mitch91
06-25-2009, 09:08 AM
please do not do this kerr!! i am begging! this is not going to happen. the suns want something good in return hence the al jeff rumors and they wanted the 6th pick aswell.

as i said in another thread why the hell would we trade shaqs 20mil expiring for scrubs and then trade stat for another 20mil expiring contract?

i really dont get why we didnt jus keep shaq! the contracts have to match so we probly made what maybe one or two million? are the suns owners that desperate for some cash?

Turtle55
06-25-2009, 09:09 AM
This trade is pretty horrible for the Suns. This is almost as bad as the Tyrus Gooden proposals at the deadline.

North Yorker
06-25-2009, 09:10 AM
but i don't think Nash will sign his extenction, so what?

Brooks/ Dragic
J-Rich?
Dudley/ 14th pick (Clark?)
Amundson/ Landry
Robin Lopez

who is gonna sign with this team? don't see any big names...

That team would have a rediculous amount of cap space. You could sign any player to huge $$$

Trouble87
06-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Kerr better have a method for his madness cause the **** he's pulling in Phx is ridiculous

azkarraga
06-25-2009, 09:15 AM
they're not the suns anymore; they're being callen the moons

azkarraga
06-25-2009, 09:16 AM
callen = called

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 09:16 AM
its BS, cause there is no way PHX would include Barbosa.

Amare>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.t Mac/landry
Barbosa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> brooks

stawka
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
WTF is Kerr doing?!

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 09:19 AM
That team would have a rediculous amount of cap space. You could sign any player to huge $$$

any player that is playing only for $$$... at the same time big names will choose teams only from big cities with possibilities to WIN, this team doesn't look so...

unless Robin becomes equal or even better than his brother, Dragic - great playmaker, Dudley & Amundson potential all-stars

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 09:21 AM
relax stawka lol, its just a rumour

skny_txn
06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Rocket fans are mixed on this one. Some are begging for this to go down while others are wondering why you would break up a teams chemistry that took the Lakers to 7 games in the playoffs without Yao Ming. I for one hope it goes down but only if we can give Amare a contract extension...I dont want to rent-an-Amare for one year.

Turtle55
06-25-2009, 09:35 AM
I never thought there would be a day when I would pity suns fans. But if Amare is traded for garbage that day will have arrived.

arkanian215
06-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Sarver (owner of the suns) usually sells his draft picks on draft night. before it was to portland i think. if the chicago bulls really want mullens, they can buy it from him. but considering how thin the suns would be after the trade of oneal and amare, i think they would take a chance themselves at mullens at 14. I think Phoenix holds on to this pick if the trade goes through. They pick up a backup center.

question: did darius miles ever play those extra games with memphis so that his salary counts against the trailblazers cap?

Turtle55
06-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Friend of mine just made a good point. The Suns make about a 7 year run of contending then trade everyone and start over all the time. Nobody builds a contender that's not quite good enough faster than Phoenix.

Turtle55
06-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Sarver (owner of the suns) usually sells his draft picks on draft night. before it was to portland i think. if the chicago bulls really want mullens, they can buy it from him. but considering how thin the suns would be after the trade of oneal and amare, i think they would take a chance themselves at mullens at 14. I think Phoenix holds on to this pick if the trade goes through. They pick up a backup center.

question: did darius miles ever play those extra games with memphis so that his salary counts against the trailblazers cap?

Yes he did

Wrightw/Reyes19
06-25-2009, 09:39 AM
having Brooks would def allow the suns to trade Nash to Portland for Outlaw n another solid young player maybe. id love it for my rockets, but it jus seems to easy for HOU. i dont think PHX should do it.

heyman321
06-25-2009, 09:40 AM
they're not the suns anymore; they're being callen the moons

Lol.

arkanian215
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
WTF is Kerr doing?!

i think he's being pushed by the owner. just a guess.

arkanian215
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Yes he did

haha sucks for the blazers

arkanian215
06-25-2009, 09:43 AM
having Brooks would def allow the suns to trade Nash to Portland for Outlaw n another solid young player maybe. id love it for my rockets, but it jus seems to easy for HOU. i dont think PHX should do it.

you like the mets AND the rockets? how did that happen?

Tom81
06-25-2009, 09:48 AM
wow that's bs

theimortalone
06-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Horrible trade!

rabzouz 96
06-25-2009, 09:57 AM
good for rockets, but bad for suns, if they rebuild they should look to get some picks out of amare and not only an expiring

ink
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Worst trade idea I think I've ever seen. So is Dragic going to be the C then?

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
are you really trying to say aaron rooks is better than leandro barbosa

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah lets see barbosa drop 34 against the lakers and then we can talk.

aaron brooks -25 mins, 11pts, 3 assists, 40% FG
Barbosa - 24mins ,14pts 2 assists, 47% FG - Former 6th man of the year

sep11ie
06-25-2009, 10:22 AM
this was Brooks 2nd year in the league...SECOND!, I think Houston would be getting raped in this deal.

thephoenixson28
06-25-2009, 10:23 AM
On ric bucher twitter page they are saying j-rich for tmac but salaries don't match up maybe dragic and tucker could be added. If we trade ben wallace for tyson chandler and do the tmac deal just for j-rich then we have a lineup like this
PG. Nash
SG. Tmac
SF. Hill
PF. Amare
C. Chandler

king4day
06-25-2009, 10:27 AM
If this trade goes down, then you can kiss Nash goodbye as well.
It'd be nice to grab a pick in these trades. WTH is Kerr thinking?

And for anyone to think Houston gets raped, are you serious? Lowery can run the point, you have Yao paired with Amare. Barbosa off the bench. This might be the deepest team in the league if it happens.

You're basically trading a non existent player in McGrady for Amare and Blur. Brooks is the only piece that I can understand being upset about losing, but it's a steal of epic proportions for the Rockets if this goes down.

thephoenixson28
06-25-2009, 10:27 AM
^ this was Brooks 2nd year in the league...SECOND!, I think Houston would be getting raped in this deal. Then don't try to compare him. Barbosa is the better player. Really the houston rockets would be getting rapped. I would feel sorry for the rocket fans if you were gm.

ink
06-25-2009, 10:32 AM
If this trade goes down, then you can kiss Nash goodbye as well.
It'd be nice to grab a pick in these trades. WTH is Kerr thinking?

And for anyone to think Houston gets raped, are you serious? Lowery can run the point, you have Yao paired with Amare. Barbosa off the bench. This might be the deepest team in the league if it happens.

You're basically trading a non existent player in McGrady for Amare and Blur. Brooks is the only piece that I can understand being upset about losing, but it's a steal of epic proportions for the Rockets if this goes down.

It can't be a legit rumour. It has to be some idiotic attempt to use the Suns "interest" in McGrady to try to move him somewhere else. It's ridiculous all round.

How about Yao for Grant Hill?? That would be fair wouldn't it? :smoking: Or Yao and Brooks for Amundsen?

DRE'-MAC
06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
If this deal goes down, then Morey is a GOD

king4day
06-25-2009, 10:35 AM
no need for the insults

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 10:37 AM
If the Suns are trading Amare then the Bulls better be in on this.

J_M_B
06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
This isn't a legit rumor and if it was there is no way this trade goes down.

Wrightw/Reyes19
06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
aaron brooks -25 mins, 11pts, 3 assists, 40% fg
barbosa - 24mins ,14pts 2 assists, 47% fg - former 6th man of the year

36min 18pts 3ast 46% fg when it mattered in the PLAYOFFS vs the nba Champs.
not to mention it was his first starting action in postseason play

Pierzynski4Prez
06-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Suns are looking to save money, not take on a 21 million dollar contract of a guy who will play 20 games.

Turtle55
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
good for rockets, but bad for suns, if they rebuild they should look to get some picks out of amare and not only an expiring

The problem is that Phoenix rarely keeps anyone they draft. Rondo, Deng, they simply draft a guy then give away the pick for "future assets".

ink
06-25-2009, 10:42 AM
This isn't a legit rumor and if it was there is no way this trade goes down.

Exactly. I can't even see why people aren't laughing at this one.

bball1217
06-25-2009, 10:45 AM
So our lineup would be:
Lowry/FA or 14th pick (if in deal)
Battier/Barbosa/Barry
Artest/Wafer/Barry
Stoudemire/Scola/Hayes
Yao/Dorsey/Hayes

Not bad. Just worried about Amare and chemistry...

Raps08-09 Champ
06-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Wouldn't make sense for the Suns but they have some sort of powers.

A lot of people seem to be healthy when they are on that team.

Hill played 82 games this season and Shaq has been a beast this year.

Maybe that's what is gonna happen to T-Mac. Brooks can be their future PG too.

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 10:55 AM
i dont want brooks as our future PG, god no

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 10:57 AM
OT: is aaron brooks mom or dad asain, cause he looks like a black asain

Turtle55
06-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't make sense for the Suns but they have some sort of powers.

A lot of people seem to be healthy when they are on that team.

Hill played 82 games this season and Shaq has been a beast this year.

Maybe that's what is gonna happen to T-Mac. Brooks can be their future PG too.

Maybe they have that tablet that healed the old guys in Night at the Museum?

dolfan720
06-25-2009, 11:42 AM
if this happend i would be sooooo happy look at the rockets starters

Kyle Lowry
Leoandro Barbosia
Ron Artest
Amari
Yao

Shane Battier, Luis Scola, and von Wafer off the bench! Damn thats good!

dolfan720
06-25-2009, 11:43 AM

why not hes really good

fredv
06-25-2009, 11:55 AM

Your probably the worst poster i've seen in a while on PSD. lol

sep11ie
06-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Then don't try to compare him. Barbosa is the better player. Really the houston rockets would be getting rapped. I would feel sorry for the rocket fans if you were gm.

All I said was it was Brook's second year in the league. Never threw a comparison out there.

cantstopthee
06-25-2009, 12:03 PM
lol rockets would crush

sep11ie
06-25-2009, 12:07 PM
The problem is that Phoenix rarely keeps anyone they draft. Rondo, Deng, they simply draft a guy then give away the pick for "future assets".

Thats every team man.

ggb108
06-25-2009, 12:11 PM
nope not happening

thephoenixson28
06-25-2009, 12:14 PM
All I said was it was Brook's second year in the league. Never threw a comparison out there. By the way, I do feel bad for MOST of the Sun's fans right now! They were comparing and you said it was only his second year like if that matters. You were trying to back up the fact that aaron brooks is or will be better than barbosa and that will never happen.

dre1990
06-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Id actually would rather have Brooks, he has a major upside

anyway, Suns get raped in deal if it goes down

djohn2oo8
06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Latest from espn insider.

POSTED: June 25 -- 10:49 a.m. ET

Chad Ford: Watch out for the Houston Rockets. Sources say they have been really active the past 24 hours, having contacted the Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings and Timberwolves about trying to get into the lottery.

It sound like virtually everyone on Houston's roster is available. Teams report that the Rockets are trying to parlay Tracy McGrady's expiring contract and Aaron Brooks' newfound celebrity status into a big upgrade in Houston. Carl Landry and Shane Battier were also mentioned as possible trade pieces.

The Rockets are also among several teams that will be making a run at Amare Stoudemire. With Shaq gone, expect the Stoudemire rumors to start heating up again.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/news/story?page=09DraftBuzz-090625&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fdraft2009%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fpage%3d09D raftBuzz-090625

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 12:23 PM
if Suns trade Amare i don't see how Nash is going to stay...

how Suns will look without our main guys... hurray! let's get that our pick from Thunder back and let's dump the team...

PS: if they trade Amare without improvement - i'm no more a Suns fan... C'mon!

ink
06-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Latest from espn insider.

POSTED: June 25 -- 10:49 a.m. ET

Chad Ford: Watch out for the Houston Rockets. Sources say they have been really active the past 24 hours, having contacted the Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings and Timberwolves about trying to get into the lottery.

It sound like virtually everyone on Houston's roster is available. Teams report that the Rockets are trying to parlay Tracy McGrady's expiring contract and Aaron Brooks' newfound celebrity status into a big upgrade in Houston. Carl Landry and Shane Battier were also mentioned as possible trade pieces.

The Rockets are also among several teams that will be making a run at Amare Stoudemire. With Shaq gone, expect the Stoudemire rumors to start heating up again.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/news/story?page=09DraftBuzz-090625&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fdraft2009%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fpage%3d09D raftBuzz-090625

That link doesn't work. ESPN Insider material can't be posted for non-subscribers.

mightybosstone
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM
They were comparing and you said it was only his second year like if that matters. You were trying to back up the fact that aaron brooks is or will be better than barbosa and that will never happen.

Never happen? I think you can argue the case that it's happened already! You've made quite an assumption in assuming Brooks could never be a better player than Barbosa. It's not like Barbosa's an all star or anything. He's a really solid 6th man. Brooks could EASILY be that, and possibly a really good starting point for many teams.

If you guys do make this trade, I think you're really going to enjoy having Brooks on your team and watching him develop. He's the one piece of this trade that I'd hate to see go. He's electric...

mightybosstone
06-25-2009, 12:34 PM
if Suns trade Amare i don't see how Nash is going to stay...

how Suns will look without our main guys... hurray! let's get that our pick from Thunder back and let's dump the team...

PS: if they trade Amare without improvement - i'm no more a Suns fan... C'mon!

Oh, so you'd rather Amar'e walk in 2010 and get nothing in return? At least this way they get a massive expiring contract and a couple of solid young contributors. In a lot of ways, this would be a good trade for Phoenix, and in a lot of ways, this is a dangerous trade for Houston.

The current Suns team isn't playoff caliber anymore. Do you honestly expect them to blow up the team and get all-stars in return? No. They're gonna have to start from scratch now...

chadtx01
06-25-2009, 12:35 PM
As a Rockets fan I dont really want to see this trade go down. I'd rather see them make a run at a true backup center. See what it would take to get a Marcus Camby.

Brooks and Landry both have a ton of upside and I'd hate to see that go for a player that they probably wouldnt be able to hang onto in the long run.

thephoenixson28
06-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Never happen? I think you can argue the case that it's happened already! You've made quite an assumption in assuming Brooks could never be a better player than Barbosa. It's not like Barbosa's an all star or anything. He's a really solid 6th man. Brooks could EASILY be that, and possibly a really good starting point for many teams.

If you guys do make this trade, I think you're really going to enjoy having Brooks on your team and watching him develop. He's the one piece of this trade that I'd hate to see go. He's electric... I don't know what your talking about Never happened. I think barbosa is at least a 20 ppg if he starts maybe 22 ppg. Aaron brooks is I think a good role player. Barbosa is not a all star cuz he is not flashy and doesn't crave attention kind of like marcus camby. The west is to stacked for barbosa to be a all star. I think barbosa is better than brooks regardless if it is his second year. I think people are overhyping brooks. Almost this whole thread people said the suns would get raped. I wouldn't mind tmac only if it is for j-rich and barbosa.

Ps. I don't know why my statement to the fact that a guy was talking about my team was edited and deleted. But the comment that he made reference to is still there.

Brewers255
06-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Columnist Peter Vescey's NBA sources indicate the Rockets are "leaning toward" trading Tracy McGrady, Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks to the Suns for Leandro Barbosa and Amare Stoudemire.

Stoudemire has been disgruntled in Phoenix for a while now, and ESPN's Ric Bucher reported on Thursday that he will indeed be traded. The Suns would acquire two solid young players in Landry and Brooks, while gaining financial flexibility with T-Mac's expiring $22 million contract. So far nothing is official, but stay tuned throughout what promises to be a hectic draft day. Jun. 25 - 12:22 pm et
Source: NY Post

Ballah0liC1
06-25-2009, 12:56 PM
why change our team up we took lakers to 7 without yao and tmac why trade our team morey might be to trade happy

dolfan720
06-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Columnist Peter Vescey's NBA sources indicate the Rockets are "leaning toward" trading Tracy McGrady, Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks to the Suns for Leandro Barbosa and Amare Stoudemire.

Stoudemire has been disgruntled in Phoenix for a while now, and ESPN's Ric Bucher reported on Thursday that he will indeed be traded. The Suns would acquire two solid young players in Landry and Brooks, while gaining financial flexibility with T-Mac's expiring $22 million contract. So far nothing is official, but stay tuned throughout what promises to be a hectic draft day. Jun. 25 - 12:22 pm et
Source: NY Post

thats pretty close to being offical!!!!!

Turtle55
06-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Thats every team man.

Phoenix does it before they ever even play for them. They just hate to keep rookies. That's why offering them picks in trades really doesn't make as much sense as it would for other teams.

dolfan720
06-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Your probably the worst poster i've seen in a while on PSD. lol

Agreed 100%

ink
06-25-2009, 01:12 PM
thats pretty close to being offical!!!!!

You're joking right. Peter Vecsey rumours should never be confused with anything official. :laugh2:

ink
06-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Ps. I don't know why my statement to the fact that a guy was talking about my team was edited and deleted. But the comment that he made reference to is still there.

The insult in his quote was removed. Then your response was removed. I left the discussion part up.

mrblisterdundee
06-25-2009, 01:15 PM
The Rockets need to get rid of Yao in exchange for another point guard if they get Amare. I could see him being the same type of center as Olajuwon, with Artest as a much less talented Clyde.

24SUNS24
06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
amare and L.B. thats a bogus deal they wont do that unless nash is following close behind and they dump everyone... HEY KERR MABE U CAN CONTEND IN THE D-LEAGUE... SARVER GROW A PAIR AND SEND THIS F### UP FAR FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Baller1
06-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow, this would make Houston STACKED.

chadtx01
06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
The Rockets need to get rid of Yao in exchange for another point guard if they get Amare. I could see him being the same type of center as Olajuwon, with Artest as a much less talented Clyde.

Serious comment?

Amare is good in his own right, but will never be on the same level as The Dream. He doesnt have the range, he doesnt have the footwork and he doesnt have the tough.

He's stronger and really athletic, but he's not the same mold player as Olajuwon.

rabzouz 96
06-25-2009, 01:54 PM

yeah but that was when they thought they had everything in place and rather wanted vets. now when theyre clearly rebuilding they will keep their picks.

thephoenixson28
06-25-2009, 01:57 PM
The insult in his quote was removed. Then your response was removed. I left the discussion part up. I was referring to what he was saying that he felt sorry for Most suns fans not the other one.

theimortalone
06-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Please do not let this trade happen Kerr! :mad:

If this trade happens, then I officially want to shoot Sarv/Kerr!

ink
06-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I was referring to what he was saying that he felt sorry for Most suns fans not the other one.

Fixed.

ink
06-25-2009, 02:01 PM
please do not let this trade happen kerr! :mad:

+1

pippsux
06-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I would to hate to lose Landry and Brooks, but if you have a chance, even for a year, to get an All Star big, 20 10 guy and a speedy guard in Barbosa, I say do it. Especially with Yao's health uncertainty.

Brooklyn Mets
06-25-2009, 02:13 PM
this sounds like a really dumb trade.. Houston is making a killing here..

kntresistheheat
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06252009/sports/moresports/wolves_on_path_of_kahn_176015.htm?page=0

Columnist Peter Vescey's NBA sources indicate

I dont believe anything that Peter Vescey says:rolleyes:

BULLSFAN0810
ppl who say the trade "shouldnt happen" is dumb.... Yao and Amare with Ron-Ron & battier is a solid group ... you can find a young guy like Landry anywhere ... and if you get barbosa too what else do you need ? you can fill in the gaps with mid level ppl .

Ballah0liC1
06-25-2009, 02:21 PM
the only reason i dont want it to happen is cause WE TOOK THE LAKERS TO SEVEN GAMES THE ONLY TEAM TO DO SO WHY CHANGE THE WHOLE TEAM AND NOT ADD PIECES TO IT

SwaggaIke
06-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Ric Bucher said that the Suns wouldn't trade Shaq unless they also had intentions of trading Stoudemire too, I wonder if that is true.

BULLSFAN0810
06-25-2009, 02:22 PM
and i think Kerr wants to BLOW IT UP...WHICH IS SMART....NASH ...TO ME ISNT HOF ... SHAQ WAS THE BEST PLAYER LAST YEAR ......IE if your PG CANT REALIZE MISMATCHES AND CAPITALIZE ,IN WHICH SHAQ HAD 1 EVERYGAME , THEN YOUR PG ISNT ALL THAT . IF YOUR PG CANT CONVINCE YOUR BEST YOUNG PLAYER TO GO HIT THE BOARDS OR POST , HES NOT THAT GOOD . IF YOUR PG CANT SLOW IT DOWN AND PLAY A HALF COURT GAME ... HE ISNT ALL THAT GOOD . PLUS THAT TEAM HAD ITS CHANCE 4 YEARS AGO ... YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO CUT YOUR LOSES AND BRING IN PPL WHO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH .... AND IN PHX NO ONE PLAYED AS GOOD AS SHAQ , WHICH PROVED HE ISNT DONE YET.

sep11ie
06-25-2009, 02:28 PM
^ you are aout to get bashed yo!

ink
and i think Kerr wants to BLOW IT UP...WHICH IS SMART....NASH ...TO ME ISNT HOF ... SHAQ WAS THE BEST PLAYER LAST YEAR ......IE if your PG CANT REALIZE MISMATCHES AND CAPITALIZE ,IN WHICH SHAQ HAD 1 EVERYGAME , THEN YOUR PG ISNT ALL THAT . IF YOUR PG CANT CONVINCE YOUR BEST YOUNG PLAYER TO GO HIT THE BOARDS OR POST , HES NOT THAT GOOD . IF YOUR PG CANT SLOW IT DOWN AND PLAY A HALF COURT GAME ... HE ISNT ALL THAT GOOD . PLUS THAT TEAM HAD ITS CHANCE 4 YEARS AGO ... YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO CUT YOUR LOSES AND BRING IN PPL WHO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH .... AND IN PHX NO ONE PLAYED AS GOOD AS SHAQ , WHICH PROVED HE ISNT DONE YET.

Please take the caps lock off.

prash
As a Rockets fan I'd rather see the team come back next year as constructed.

king4day
06-25-2009, 02:30 PM

Sooooooooo what you're saying is Lebron isn't good because he can't get his big men to play better D on Howard...... got it.

Industry
06-25-2009, 02:33 PM
So when are we just going to say that Steve Kerr got in over his head and just isn't fit for this position. I mean c'mon, you go from stand up jump shooter, to average NBA announcer to an executive of a multi-million dollar franchise......

He tried his best, but its time for Kerr to step aside....

FaceDown91
06-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Kerr, my blind dog could be a better GM then you. :pity:

ink
06-25-2009, 02:46 PM
So when are we just going to say that Steve Kerr got in over his head and just isn't fit for this position. I mean c'mon, you go from stand up jump shooter, to average NBA announcer to an executive of a multi-million dollar franchise......

He tried his best, but its time for Kerr to step aside....

If Kerr makes this trade, he should also resign. I doubt Sarver would ever fire him because Sarver is probably the guy fueling these trade rumours. He's the real culprit for the way things have gone for the Suns in the last few years. Tragic that he ever bought the team.

goku
06-25-2009, 02:54 PM

id rather have brooks he is younger and can play in halfcourt and run plus he has more time to grow barbosa has not been good since 06-07 season
plus amare dont fit with us he dont play defense that would destroy our team morey said they are building a team around defense

goku
06-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Sooooooooo what you're saying is Lebron isn't good because he can't get his big men to play better D on Howard...... got it.

big z couldnt guard an infant he is a bigger version of nash on defense

BULLSFAN0810
06-25-2009, 02:57 PM

what im saying is you give LBJ a BEAST in the post and if he doesnt Rebound or PLAYS DEFENSE ... hes on the first thing Smoking .LBj will make you play ... like Mike did the Bulls , like Kobe did Smush . Isiah Thomas used to get into Fights bc ppl didnt fall in rank. im just saying Nash isnt all that, he had a Great 5yr run , but to me a HOF Pg is a LEADER , and MOTIVATOR and COACH . NASH got a piece to add to the puzzle and couldnt use it . Shaq is like a H-BOMB in war(OLD and somewhat outdated , but can still cause major major damage) and NASH didnt know how to pull the trigger .and it wasnt Kerrs fault this team had Flaws b4 him ....
1. a 36 yr old Sf
2.no bench
3. no Big Men
4.Bad habits from a prior coach who didnt stress D

COME AGAIN IM A BALL GURU

championships
06-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Kerr better have a method for his madness cause the **** he's pulling in Phx is ridiculous

Maybe Phoenix version of Isiah Thomas?:shrug:

xmoney328
06-25-2009, 03:17 PM
i am pretty sure Suns can find a better trade..involving someone you can build around...Mem maybe Rudy gay and H.Warrick.

Chronz
06-25-2009, 03:20 PM
id rather have brooks he is younger and can play in halfcourt and run plus he has more time to grow barbosa has not been good since 06-07 season
plus amare dont fit with us he dont play defense that would destroy our team morey said they are building a team around defense

Barbosa is even better now than he used to be what exactly are you talking about

greg_ory_2005
06-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow, Kerr can't be this stupid...I hope.

phlp_bj
06-25-2009, 03:33 PM
new gm in phoenix? maybe after this

Rockets Fanatic
06-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Does anyone have any updates about has this is progressing

MattyPatty
06-25-2009, 03:57 PM
aint goin to happen amare to the bulls

Rockets Fanatic
06-25-2009, 04:10 PM
I trust Darryl Morrey to do this and NOT trade for the #2 Pick

pippsux
06-25-2009, 04:31 PM
My head hurts. Feels like I am playing NBA live with all these trades. This trade looks like it's losing steam.

ink
06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
My head hurts. Feels like I am playing NBA live with all these trades. This trade looks like it's losing steam.

It never had any steam. ;)

val_modus
06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
the only way this deal would go down is if a third team came in and Pheonix recieved some sort of draft pick or young prospect because as a Rockets fan i love the deal, but looking at it from the Suns perspective, this sucks

kntresistheheat
06-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Might as well close this thread down, It was confirmed by both rockets and suns that this deal never took place....It was said on ESPN. Chandler going to the suns looks more likely and if that happends I dont think they would trade Amare????

WhiteSoxGod
06-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Well for all you suns fans out there, the Rockets fans don't want this trade either. we are a team of defense, Amare has ZERO. Brooks is awesome, I wouldn't want to trade him and Landry is a good pf. I hate Stoudawhiner. He cries when he doesn't get the ball and doesn't get enough PT, he is a part-time player (doesn't play defense) and is blind in on eye. This would be a stupid trade for the Rockets.