PDA

View Full Version : Better chance at a 5th ring: Duncan or Shaq?

Ansy
06-25-2009, 05:57 AM
With Shaq being moved to Cleveland and Richard Jefferson going to the Spurs, the two greatest big men of the modern era are back in the hunt, each gunning for his 5th title.

Who has a better shot?

Mckphins
06-25-2009, 06:00 AM
Shaq

JayW_1023
06-25-2009, 06:03 AM
I honestly don't know...the Spurs have pieces that would logically fit well together, while Shaq integration in Cleveland is still a big question mark.

I'd say Timmy has the best shot, simply because he arguably is still the top big in the league, and is great at helping new players grow into their roles.

TRF929
06-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Duncan

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Shaq...

Trouble87
06-25-2009, 06:28 AM
Duncun has more left in the tank at this point

I can see him competing for another 3 years if they put the right team around him

GiantMetKnick
06-25-2009, 06:48 AM
So the question is just who has a better chance of winning the NBA finals, Cavs or Spurs.

More difficult for the Spurs to get out of the West, so I say Cavs.

bctgg27
06-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Its very close, but I predict that the Cavs are going to sign Jason Kidd. If they do that then they will win the title. So based on this I am going with Shaq.

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Id say Duncan c'mon honestly the spurs are a way better team thn they showed this year with a healthy manu the might of gave the nuggest a series to see who'd be in WCF now look at it this way you add a healthy manu and RJ to timmy along with parker and you have dynamite!

asandhu23
06-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Id say Duncan c'mon honestly the spurs are a way better team thn they showed this year with a healthy manu the might of gave the nuggest a series to see who'd be in WCF now look at it this way you add a healthy manu and RJ to timmy along with parker and you have dynamite!

LOL your sig has that quote from 300

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 07:37 AM
LOL your sig has that quote from 300

MMHmm thought it went perfect with the pic:).....you like?? lol

cormacraig
06-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Sadly, the Cavs has just become 2010 top contenders.
I'm not even sure that the Spurs will take the west.

Fireworld
06-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Tim

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Sadly, the Cavs has just become 2010 top contenders.I'm not even sure that the Spurs will take the west.

See this is what we'll be hearing for the next year ok here me out the cavs lost a team named the Orlando Magig ok not only did they lose they almost got swept!!! Now that same Magic team nearly got swept by a team not sure your familiar with named The Los Angeles Lakers aka 2009 NBA Champions so please tell me how the cavs are now the favorites??:shrug: how does this mak'em better than a stacked Laker team a healthy Boston team and how does this mak'em better than the Magic who almost swept them i think all it does is make it a little more of a series if they play those teams ill say intead of going 5 it'll go 6 now.......maybe

stawka
06-25-2009, 08:00 AM
So when the Lakers made a big trade they were contenders that's fine, but when the Cavs make a big trade Laker fans get upset and say "It's all ESPN's fault".

LOL anyway, Shaq has a better chance this year but Duncan has a better chance because he will be around for the next 5 or so years.

azkarraga
06-25-2009, 08:02 AM
tim.
the egos on the cav roster are gonna be hard to manage

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 08:14 AM
So when the Lakers made a big trade they were contenders that's fine, but when the Cavs make a big trade Laker fans get upset and say "It's all ESPN's fault".

LOL anyway, Shaq has a better chance this year but Duncan has a better chance because he will be around for the next 5 or so years.

Honestly i dont see how this makes them better than a healthy Boston team or Magic team the nearly got swept for crying out loud!! And when the Lakers traded for Gasol LA was a top team in the west at the time yes i know the Cavs are a top team but once again they nearly got swept by the Magic so no i dont believe this makes them better than the magic and no i dont believe this makes them better than Boston who FYI put up a better fight than the Cavs against the Magic without KG sorry but that MHO

stawka
06-25-2009, 08:19 AM
I think if healthy this team will take Boston and Orlando and get to the Finals. Depending on who they would meet, I would choose a winner. But I do see them beating Boston and Orlando...

ra8erfan111
06-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Gotta go with Tim Duncan simply because of team chemistry, they still have the main ingredients Manu, Tim, Parker...which by the way, they weren't all healthy last year. So, provided they are all healthy and with an injection of Jefferson's offense and ability to create his own shot, i'm picking Duncan to have the better chance of winning his 5th. Shaq is just a minor upgrade down low, because he still cannot shoot free throws and will become a liability in close games because of that...oh and he picks up more offensive fouls due to him losing a step and trying to power his big azz through people.

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 08:22 AM
With Shaq being moved to Cleveland and Richard Jefferson going to the Spurs, the two greatest big men of the modern era are back in the hunt, each gunning for his 5th title.

Who has a better shot?

Shaq has a better chance at it, however Duncan's 5th ring would be more valuable because at least it can be said Duncan is the best on his team.

ldawg
06-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Honestly i dont see how this makes them better than a healthy Boston team or Magic team the nearly got swept for crying out loud!! And when the Lakers traded for Gasol LA was a top team in the west at the time yes i know the Cavs are a top team but once again they nearly got swept by the Magic so no i dont believe this makes them better than the magic and no i dont believe this makes them better than Boston who FYI put up a better fight than the Cavs against the Magic without KG sorry but that MHO

it makes them better shaq has experience but good luck coach brown because anything less than a ring your gone and we know how Shaq can be on ring less coaches. but back to the question who has a better chance Tim or Shaq? well it depends on thier next move lets not forget it is still early and Rasheed Wallace is still on the loose. but if i choose now i'll go with Tim.

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
it makes them better shaq has experience but good luck coach brown because anything less than a ring your gone and we know how Shaq can be on ring less coaches. but back to the question who has a better chance Tim or Shaq? well it depends on thier next move lets not forget it is still early and Rasheed Wallace is still on the loose. but if i choose now i 'll go with Tim.

Yes it makes them better but like i said i dont think it puts them ahead of the Magic or Boston it just makes it a little tougher but not better than those teams and of course not ahead of the LAL anyway like i said my answer is TD with the addition of RJ pretty scary team will give my Lakers a good challenge i believe

marlinsfan24
06-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Tim Duncan

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 08:47 AM
man man man... no wonder you are a laker fan... (LA deserved it, so nothing against them)... just get back on the ground...

See this is what we'll be hearing for the next year ok here me out the cavs lost a team named the Orlando Magig ok not only did they lose they almost got swept!!!

1. Getting swept in series means 4-0... 4-2 isn't the same, not even near.

Now that same Magic team nearly got swept by a team not sure your familiar with named The Los Angeles Lakers aka 2009 NBA Champions

2. So what? it's all about matchups... Lakers got away from Rockets after only 7th game, so you are saying Rockets > Nuggets, Magic, Cavs, Celtics?

so please tell me how the cavs are now the favorites??:shrug:

3. They were this season, now they got a big body to prevent Howard from scoring as much as possible (1on1) plus to free up space for shooters, so they are favorites in the East - so favorites at least to be in the finals...

how does this mak'em better than a stacked Laker team a healthy Boston team and how does this mak'em better than the Magic who almost swept them i think all it does is make it a little more of a series if they play those teams ill say intead of going 5 it'll go 6 now.......maybe

4. How you can be so confident about your Lakers, about Celtics to stay healthy, about Magic (who beat Cavs in 6, not 5)...

They were good, plus now> they add Shaq (~18pts (60%), ~8reb, ~1.5blk in 30min)...

Ben Wallace didn't play good last season, Pavlovic didn't produce good of the bench either, so you actually replace them with a big man with huge body who can still command double teams and still easily dominate soft bigs and play 1on1 with tougher ones (Howard)...

when you have Lebron who is usually guarded by few guys and a big who can get double teams, other 3 players get even more space, so hopefully they'll make those open shots... also it becomes easier to defend, not many are going to run at Shaq, plus as he can play 1on1 against other good bigs there won't be a need to double (f.e. Rashard won't get that open)...

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 08:56 AM
man man man... no wonder you are a laker fan... (LA deserved it, so nothing against them)... just get back on the ground...

1. Getting swept in series means 4-0... 4-2 isn't the same, not even near.

I assume your talking about the Lakers/Boston series from a year before heres the problem with that see the Lakers actually made the Finals and were the best team in the West and proved to be the best team in the NBA this year where as the Cavs DIDN'T make the finals and now all of a sudden their the "favorites" at least the lakers were favorites because they showed they could get past the WEST and make it to the finals where as the Cavs had no answer for the Magic which wasn't just Dwight mind you i think Lewis and Hedo were the bigger reason that series only went 5 but no one seems to mention that

correction 6 my bad!!!

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 09:07 AM
correction 6 my bad!!! yes i know i could just edit it but.......nah

yep...

I agree that Hedo and Lewis did huge job in those series, but many of their opportunities they got were because of Howard... as nobody from the Cavs could have gone 1on1 with him, someone had to be left open so Dwight could be doubled... as Shaq can't totally shut down Howard (nobody can...) he can play against him only by himself (not always) so it makes Cavs better on D and his presence on the offense helps them too...

Richard Jefferson is a great addition to the Spurs, however it really depends on their health, if they all manage to stay healthy - it's a scary team.

their both chance to get a 5th ring is almost equal, but as Cavs have Lebron i'm on their side

heyman321
06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Shaq would hav ea better chance. The Spurs would have to compete in the West, and would have to likely go thru the Lakers, which I don't think they have a chance of beating.

JJ81
06-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Probably the big dunc but I dont think either will tbh.

bogmon
06-25-2009, 10:33 AM
The addition of Richard Jefferson is huge!
All players being healthy and productive, I would pick San Antonio over the Cavs right now based on their history of winning.

But, seeing Shaq-daddy play with the Lebron is going to be one of the most entertaining things to watch this coming season.

ink
06-25-2009, 10:36 AM
I'd rather see Duncan win another.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Duncan has the better surrounding players but Shaq is with Lebron and in the East.

Duncan has to go through more than Shaq and Lebron.

I say Shaq seeing as how the Cavs only have Magic, Celtics and maybe Heat or Hawks while Spurs have Lakers, Nuggets, Rockets, Portland and maybe the Hornets.

NYYankeesWin#27
06-25-2009, 10:58 AM
duncan

EL HEAT
06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
I want to see Tim Duncan get his 5th ring first before shaq.

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Duncan has the better surrounding players but Shaq is with Lebron and in the East.

Duncan has to go through more than Shaq and Lebron.

I say Shaq seeing as how the Cavs only have Magic, Celtics and maybe Heat or Hawks while Spurs have Lakers, Nuggets, Rockets, Portland and maybe the Hornets.

well realisticly its only 3 teams they have to beat to get to the finals while yes the Cavs will probably have an easier road but only because of the first round though never know who they'll be facing in the second round could be Boston, Orlando, Hawks, Bulls, Heat you know all these teams are getting better while yes the West is stacked with good teams the East is catching up we've seen the Hawks go 7 games 2 years ago with the eventual chmpion Celtics and we all seen that great series between the Bulls and Celtics this year so it wont be as easy as it sounds for them

Wilson
06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
The West is much tougher than the East, but I just can't see this working for the Cavs. I think the move the Spurs made was a great one, and they're now only one small piece away from a championship. I still think Cleveland are a big move away.

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh and a question yes i am a laker fan and tend to be a homer sometimes so i ask why not put KOBE in this converstion as well???? huh.... huh jk but no im not

ink
06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
The West is much tougher than the East, but I just can't see this working for the Cavs. I think the move the Spurs made was a great one, and they're now only one small piece away from a championship. I still think Cleveland are a big move away.

I agree. I think the Spurs made a smart move, while the Cavs made a desperate move.

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
I agree. I think the Spurs made a smart move, while the Cavs made a desperate move.

I wouldn't call it desperate seeing as how they didn't give up much to get him but thats IMO

ink
06-25-2009, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't call it desperate seeing as how they didn't give up much to get him but thats IMO

Desperate in a lot of ways: they risk destroying chemistry by bringing in the Big Cartoon; Shaq is past his best years; he needs a lot of touches; etc.

Jefferson, on the other hand, is a great team player who will relieve pressure on Manu, and could be a very good complementary piece to a very strong system. Smart instead of "hail Mary" like the Cavs are trying.

Basically anyone who tries to win a championship with a retirement-age Shaq is throwing a hail Mary.

EastCoastBaller
06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Shaq.

Manu is on his last legs.

JWO35
06-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Tim Duncan...

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Desperate in a lot of ways: they risk destroying chemistry by bringing in the Big Cartoon; Shaq is past his best years; he needs a lot of touches; etc.

Jefferson, on the other hand, is a great team player who will relieve pressure on Manu, and could be a very good complementary piece to a very strong system. Smart instead of "hail Mary" like the Cavs are trying.

Basically anyone who tries to win a championship with a retirement-age Shaq is throwing a hail Mary.

Well i agree with you that the spurs made the better trade but as far as the Cavs being deperate idk about that they offered the same players to the Nets for VC but were turned down so that there tells me they were only willing to part with certain players and weren't gonna over-pay for someone(i mean that talent wise) desperate to me would of been them trading for ex. Mo williams, West, and whomever to get shaq idk if the salaries match just giving an example anyway yeah however that being said i don't believe this trade will make them favorites in the East much less the NBA i still think their the 3rd best team their just much improved but not better than the Celtics or Magic.......Yet

UK Bull
06-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Shaq

Raps18-19 Champ
06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
well realisticly its only 3 teams they have to beat to get to the finals while yes the Cavs will probably have an easier road but only because of the first round though never know who they'll be facing in the second round could be Boston, Orlando, Hawks, Bulls, Heat you know all these teams are getting better while yes the West is stacked with good teams the East is catching up we've seen the Hawks go 7 games 2 years ago with the eventual chmpion Celtics and we all seen that great series between the Bulls and Celtics this year so it wont be as easy as it sounds for them

I know but the Cavs were doing good this year without him so imagine with Shaq.

I don't think they're done dealing anyways and they might get someone else like VC.

GCOOKIE7
06-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Spurs because the West will be so easy. The Lakers will only have Phil for half of the season. Do you seriously think a team with that small amount of talent (Lakers) can survive 41 games without the greatest coach of all time?

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Spurs because the West will be so easy. The Lakers will only have Phil for half of the season. Do you seriously think a team with that small amount of talent (Lakers) can survive 41 games without the greatest coach of all time?

Agreed i mean they have no talent at all the lakers dont how did they even win the championship is beyond me i mean the West is so easy that the Spurs couldn't get passed the first round thats how easy it is i just hope everyone realizes this!! Urg!!! Please just realize how easy its gonna be PLEASE!!

GCOOKIE7
06-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Agreed i mean they have no talent at all the lakers dont how did they even win the championship is beyond me i mean the West is so easy that the Spurs couldn't get passed the first round thats how easy it is i just hope everyone realizes this!! Urg!!! Please just realize how easy its gonna be PLEASE!!

You gotta love sarcasm

tr4shb0t
06-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Shaq+Lebron+refs have best chance

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
You gotta love sarcasm

NO!!! Was it that obvious?? :o:p

theuuord
06-25-2009, 12:38 PM

I wouldn't go that far. You're right that Shaq is past his prime but RJ has never been known for his ability to be a good team player, not even on the Nets.
He's a high-scoring forward with a good motor and will certainly be a great complimentary piece, but I don't see how that's any different (or better) than adding a high-scoring center with a dominant post presence who fills a major need for a championship-caliber team.

Both are somewhat Hail Mary plays, but they're also both very smart trades basketball-wise (and Shaq will probably bring the Cavs even MORE money).

Chronz
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Getting Shaq for free isnt desperate, its an upgrade. Desperate is when you compromise your teams nucleus, they havent done that. They filled an area of need, thats always a good thing.

ink
06-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Both are somewhat Hail Mary plays, but they're also both very smart trades basketball-wise (and Shaq will probably bring the Cavs even MORE money).

You mean smart money-wise then ... ;)

Getting Shaq for free isnt desperate, its an upgrade. Desperate is when you compromise your teams nucleus, they havent done that. They filled an area of need, thats always a good thing.

What I mean by desperate is wishful thinking that the Shaq of old will return. What they have instead is just old Shaq. Frankly I just don't think the disruption of his personality is worth it.

S-Dot
06-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Shaq has a better chance w/ LBJ than Tim with a healthy Spurs team...I still dont think the Spurs can pass the Lakers just yet...a true center then maybe

cmstophe
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM

A 6 game series does not involve almost getting swept. If you are going to say "the Magic get a few more bounces and the Cavs get swept" then you have to also say "the Cavs get a few bounces, and they win the series and advance to the Finals".

Killadelphian13
06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
I'll say Shaq just because I think the Cavs have a lot better shot of winning than the Spurs do. Neither will win though, the Lakers are winning the championship again.

Industry
06-25-2009, 02:28 PM
If the Cavs sign Jason Kidd, then what will be his role because it won't be a facilitator anymore with LbJ there. If thats the case then what happens with Mo Williams?

Its very close, but I predict that the Cavs are going to sign Jason Kidd. If they do that then they will win the title. So based on this I am going with Shaq.

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 02:31 PM

What I mean by desperate is wishful thinking that the Shaq of old will return. What they have instead is just old Shaq. Frankly I just don't think the disruption of his personality is worth it.

All they need is the production Shaq gave in Phoenix. He gave 18 and 8. If he gets 16 and 8 in Cleveland along with Mo giving 16 and 5 and Lebron usual they will be elite and can beat anyone. In fact it might be better to have him miss like 30-40 games in the season to be ready for the playoffs. Cleveland can get the top seed without him.

ink
06-25-2009, 02:34 PM
All they need is the production Shaq gave in Phoenix. He gave 18 and 8. If he gets 16 and 8 in Cleveland along with Mo giving 16 and 5 and Lebron usual they will be elite and can beat anyone. In fact it might be better to have him miss like 30-40 games in the season to be ready for the playoffs. Cleveland can get the top seed without him.

I understand statistically how he might help them.

It's the disruption he causes that I'm dubious about.

S-Dot
06-25-2009, 02:38 PM

Great point, they did it practically w/o Ben Wallace and Sasha this year so they can do it again...Shaq wont be a disruption; he wants this 5th ring to surpass Kobe and Tim Duncan just as much as LBJ wants his first...he didnt disrupt Miami in their title run

Brooklyn Mets
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
both are only title contenders but i think duncan has more productive years left

Vidball
06-25-2009, 02:41 PM
The guy playing with LBJ and with the option to join just about any contender he wants to join next season has the better chance.

rabzouz 96
06-25-2009, 02:43 PM
shaqron or whatever hell call himself now has the better chance

Chronz
06-25-2009, 02:45 PM

What makes you think they want the Shaq of old? You have no basis for any of this, any time you make a trade it will impact your chemistry but when its for a player that fills a need you make the trade. Chemistry can only take you so far, the Cavs gave it a chance but its clear they need some more talent alongside Bron. They shouldve traded for him last year, he couldve been the difference between a Finals or not, ask any trustworthy Dwight Howard follower and he'll tell you how even at this stage in his career Shaq can still bother him and make him work on the other end.

Trust me, Cleveland isnt looking for the Shaq of old, its the current Shaq they had their eyes set on when they gave up nothing but scrubs for him.

masalex1205
06-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Duncun has more left in the tank at this point

I can see him competing for another 3 years if they put the right team around him

Duncan obviously has a lot more left in the tank but that's not the question, it's who has a better chance to get a 5th ring.

Great idea for a thread. Im honestly not sure.

TheGreenMonster
06-25-2009, 03:00 PM
You guys are buying way too much into the hype. The Spurs have the best starting 5 in the NBA now that richard jefferson is there. Lebron needs a real guard or 2 on his team not a 40 year old center who plays hard when he feels like it. The Shaq + Big Z combo is not scary at all...

Tony Parker
Manu Ginobilli
Richard Jefferson
Tim Duncan
Matt Bonner

or

Mo Williams
Delonte West
Lebron
Anderson Varejo
Shaq + Big Z

I know who I would take every time!!!

City of Angels
06-25-2009, 03:08 PM
kobe

thedfactor
06-25-2009, 03:13 PM
You have to go with Shaq because he's got arguably the best player in basketball on his team and LeBron will only get better next season. Plus Shaq and the freshly upset Cavs will be playing with a chip on their shoulder due to how they ended the season in disappointment.

theuuord
06-25-2009, 03:17 PM

No, I don't. It's a smart basketball move that will also bring them money. It's a win-win for them.
Hence the parenthesis around the (money) part. It's an added bonus, not the cause.

SpursEvolution
06-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Duncan! no doubt! shaq will definately make a huge road block in the middle of the lane not allowing bron bron to attack the rim.

drose 4 prez
06-25-2009, 03:26 PM

Who has a better shot?

shaq

GCOOKIE7
06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
NO!!! Was it that obvious?? :o:p

Is that a little more sarcasm

madiaz3
06-26-2009, 08:12 PM

People knew Gasol would do well on the Lakers, he fit in so well in the triangle. Shaq to the Cavs is just as questionable, (rightly so) as Shaq to PHX.

Kabowdos
06-26-2009, 08:13 PM
The Spurs.. they don't win every year, they win every few years, they are due soon. One more in Duncan's legacy would not surprise me.

Although I don't think either teams will make it to the Finals next season, but if I had to choose

GREATNESS ONE
06-26-2009, 08:15 PM
this is a tie

arkanian215
06-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I think duncan has a better chance of staying healthy to get to the championship.

Lakers4ItAll
06-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Oh and a question yes i am a laker fan and tend to be a homer sometimes so i ask why not put KOBE in this converstion as well???? huh.... huh jk but no im not

Kobe should be in this discussion........

Lakers4ItAll
06-26-2009, 09:36 PM

I doubt that

ko8e24
06-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Cool thread.

I don't wanna be a Kobe homer, so I'll leave out his name for the time being. Let's just say that Derek Fisher will get his 5th ring before Shaq and Duncan do.

69centers
06-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Neither, KG gets his second first.

Kenny
06-26-2009, 11:33 PM
See this is what we'll be hearing for the next year ok here me out the cavs lost a team named the Orlando Magig ok not only did they lose they almost got swept!!! Now that same Magic team nearly got swept by a team not sure your familiar with named The Los Angeles Lakers aka 2009 NBA Champions so please tell me how the cavs are now the favorites??:shrug: how does this mak'em better than a stacked Laker team a healthy Boston team and how does this mak'em better than the Magic who almost swept them i think all it does is make it a little more of a series if they play those teams ill say intead of going 5 it'll go 6 now.......maybe

how the **** did they nearly get swept when they lost a overtime game, lost a 1 pt game at home as well..

rapswin98
06-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Tim, but wheres kobe???

carter15
06-26-2009, 11:50 PM
tie?..i see a 5 team race next year...lakers, magic, cavs, spurs, celtics...all injuries aside i dont no who id pick.

still1ballin
06-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Shaquielle

carter15
06-26-2009, 11:51 PM
and freakin laker fans...no1 said these 2 have a better chance then kobe...the question was just OF these 2 which has the better chance...y do u guys have to bring kobe into everything?

NYsportsGuru
06-26-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm gonna say Shaq, although I think both have a decent shot at it.
Right now though, the Lakers are still the best in the West, and the Cavs might be the best in the East.
Only time will tell.

theuuord
06-27-2009, 12:01 AM
and freakin laker fans...no1 said these 2 have a better chance then kobe...the question was just OF these 2 which has the better chance...y do u guys have to bring kobe into everything?

Dude you haven't figured this out? Everything that ever ever happens ever in the universe ever revolves around how it affects Kobe Bryant's fanbase.

cheetos185
06-27-2009, 12:12 AM
i'll have to say duncan because they had good offseason so far good draft and also they got jefferson. Shaq is too old now and not a force on defense like duncan is and yea kobe should be in this discussion too :)

carter15
06-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Dude you haven't figured this out? Everything that ever ever happens ever in the universe ever revolves around how it affects Kobe Bryant's fanbase.

i guess im slow with these things...its making me hate kobe :mad:

AlexTmz2
06-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Duncan

Tom81
06-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Tim Duncan