PDA

View Full Version : Yao's broken foot still not healed, remains out indefinitely

DenButsu
06-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Yao's broken foot still not healed, remains out indefinitely

Posted Jun 25 2009 1:28AM

HOUSTON (AP) -- Yao Ming's broken foot is not healed and the Houston Rockets said Wednesday the All-Star center is out indefinitely.

Yao suffered a hairline fracture in his left foot in the Rockets' second-round playoff loss to the Lakers on May 8. The team initially said Yao would miss eight to 12 weeks, but team doctor Tom Clanton examined Yao's foot in Houston and said the injury has not responded to the treatment program.

A bone scan conducted late Wednesday revealed the fracture had not healed. The team now says no timeline is set for Yao's return to basketball activities, though Clanton said Yao is experiencing no pain in his foot.

The team said the original treatment plan called for Yao to cease all physical training and to use a walking boot to immobilize the foot and promote healing.

Team spokesman Nelson Luis said late Wednesday that Yao and the Rockets will consult with doctors before proceeding with a new course of treatment.

Earlier Wednesday, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey called Yao...nba.com (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/06/25/yao.foot.ap/)

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 03:05 AM
He's never gonna make it through a full season + playoffs again. Some chinese engineer needs to make him some lightweight metal boots with good tread

FaceDown91
06-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Yao, just replace ur legs with those robot legs from the movie IRobot.

GoatMilk
06-25-2009, 03:08 AM
this is sad
i think he has maybe 3 years max left

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 03:16 AM
yao, just replace ur legs with those robot legs from the movie irobot.

lol

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 03:17 AM
damn...yao will be the next big z....this is why we need to go after amare...................just damn........

pippsux
06-25-2009, 03:19 AM
^As a rocket fan it pains me to say it, but I agree. Yao is just not built for a long nba season + playoffs and our other franchise player is even worse. That is a lot of money invested in two guys who are not on the court at the same time enough to win. Hopefully Morey is accepting offers for Tmac to include a good big and some size, we need it!

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 03:30 AM
i really do think morey has got something in place to get rid of tmac for someone special.........

DenButsu
06-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Maybe the Rockets should look into Phoenix's "Shaq model" of keeping their big healthy, resting Yao from time to time, especially for 2nd games of non-critical b2bs, etc. If it can be assumed that the stress on his body of playing every single game will inevitably result in injuries that sideline him for 2-4 weeks at one or two random times each season, then it might actually be a practical solution for him to miss about the same number of games but do so in a controlled way that helps him to avoid injury and get into and through the postseason in his best possible condition.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 03:40 AM
Yao will always be a force if healthy. I'd sit him out until the end of the season.

AIsixersFK
06-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Cool? It's ****ing June. He has 4 months to recover.

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 03:51 AM
yeah they definitely have to watch yao's time with his foot. At times I thought Adelman played Yao too much last season..........

pippsux
06-25-2009, 03:55 AM
^ With no offensive minded back up, Adelman didn't have a choice. Morey hopefully contacts the Clippers and get one of their bigs. Camby, Kaman or even that lunatic Randolph.