PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion?

ottograham14
06-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Just wanted a quick question answered and I was hoping someone on here could help me out. I have not heard anything about what Marion is going to do yet this off-season. Has anybody heard any rumors or inside source about what he might be looking to do. I think a lot of teams could still use his services.

Thanks.

NYKnickFanatic
06-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Didnt he retire once he left MDs offense?

Oh never mind. :p

camador22
06-24-2009, 09:36 PM
He highly available right now. He won't resign with the Raptors but the problem is I don't see any teams signing him long term. He'll end up signing with a team not in the 2010 race for about 3 years 18M

NYtilIdie
06-24-2009, 09:42 PM
I heard he just got overpaid with a 3yr/30 mil deal with Raps, but thats what a Raps fan had in his signature so im guessing off that.

Ragun
06-24-2009, 09:45 PM
^^ i guess thats a wish?

EastCoastBaller
06-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Just wanted a quick question answered and I was hoping someone on here could help me out. I have not heard anything about what Marion is going to do yet this off-season. Has anybody heard any rumors or inside source about what he might be looking to do. I think a lot of teams could still use his services.

Thanks.

lol I love that Tim Couch sig.

smith&wesson
06-24-2009, 10:16 PM
He highly available right now. He won't resign with the Raptors but the problem is I don't see any teams signing him long term. He'll end up signing with a team not in the 2010 race for about 3 years 18M

3 YEARS 18 mill ? hahahahahaha
u gotta source for that ?
his qualifying offer is at 7.5 mill. he obviously wants even more then that.
he wont get more then 10 a year from toronto. but bc has every interest in resigning him and he has shown interest in returning to toronto. the reason the raps havent made any deals or trades is because were waiting for july 1 to either sign him and keep him or sign him and trade him.

he can not be signed prior to july 1st. that is what colangilo and marion are waiting for .. so no one knows exactly what will happen
but the notion is that he is ruturning to the raps.

DP06
06-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I havent heard anything about him resigning, but yesterday colangelo did an interview where he said that from the conversations that hes had with marion, marion wants to re-sign with the raptors and colangelo wants him there BUT it depends on the price....I also heard a possible sign and trade with the warriors but im pretty sure that it was just made up by some fan

camador22
06-25-2009, 12:31 AM
3 YEARS 18 mill ? hahahahahaha
u gotta source for that ?
his qualifying offer is at 7.5 mill. he obviously wants even more then that.
he wont get more then 10 a year from toronto. but bc has every interest in resigning him and he has shown interest in returning to toronto. the reason the raps havent made any deals or trades is because were waiting for july 1 to either sign him and keep him or sign him and trade him.

he can not be signed prior to july 1st. that is what colangilo and marion are waiting for .. so no one knows exactly what will happen
but the notion is that he is ruturning to the raps.

Im only estimating his value. He's going down hill so I don't see him getting any more then a 3 year deal. You also have to know that at least 10 teams are looking for cap relief. I can't even see him getting 7.5M a year for 3 years. I guarentee he will not get anything over 8M unless it's a one year deal.

Mile High Champ
06-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Its looking likely that he will be back with the raptors next season. They seem willing to pay him somewhere between 7 and 9 million at this point a season.

dodgers310
06-25-2009, 01:15 AM
lol I love that Tim Couch sig.

and i like that Megan Fox sig of yours lol :D