PDA

View Full Version : will raymond felton return?

jjfan122
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
i think he is a free agent this offseason. I think he should return since the bobcats seem like a upcoming team and were close to making the playoffs last year. But there were rumors around the deadline that the bobcats were shopping him. There was a deal close to him going to dallas. But anyway, did anybody hear anything about him? any updates?

DerekRE_3
06-24-2009, 08:17 PM
All the reports are saying that Felton wants to come back. He loves Charlotte, he loves his teammates, and he said his #1 goal when he got drafted here was to get the Bobcats to the playoffs. Larry Brown wants Felton back, and everything points to the front office wanting him back as well. Felton has said he has no doubts that he will be back.

Here is the latest news on Felton:

The Charlotte Bobcats made a qualifying offer to point guard Raymond Felton on Tuesday, making him a restricted free agent.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/336/story/796568.html?q=raymond%20felton

Basically this means that the Bobcats can match any offer that Felton agrees to with another team. For example, let's say Felton and the Kings agree to a 5 year/$32 million deal. The Bobcats have a week (I think) to match that, and they get him back or they can let him go and he becomes a King.

jjfan122
06-25-2009, 12:28 AM
thanks. I was wondering what happen him.

masalex1205
06-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't think that Dallas deal was ever a real thing. Just some bs cooked up by themedia

NBA_Starter
06-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Charlotte Bobcats General Manager Rod Higgins announced today that the team has made a qualifying offer to point guard Raymond Felton, making him a restricted free agent. The qualifying offer allows the Bobcats to match any offer he receives from another team.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10583257&nav=menu1434_6

JakeDelbreezy
07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Apparently the Bobcats and Felton are "Far apart" on a new deal...

Anyone think it's a reason to worry or is it going to work it's way out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4329989

CaesarTheParrot
07-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Dang that sucks for you guys if he doesn't come back. I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league.

masalex1205
07-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Felton isn't going anywhere. Nobody is going to (or is capable of besides a few teams) offer him a deal that the Bobcats won't match.

DerekRE_3
07-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Felton isn't going anywhere. Nobody is going to (or is capable of besides a few teams) offer him a deal that the Bobcats won't match.

Actually...if the Blazers offer for Millsap is matched by the Jazz they could offer Felton a deal at around 8 mil a year starting, and have it go up every year. The Blazers owner is loaded, and seems willing to spend whatever possible to win.

countrycasanova
07-16-2009, 06:57 PM
what would be a good trade with the blazers, or would a third team need to come in?

countrycasanova
07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
If the blazers make a "toxic" offer, I think he is gone.

masalex1205
07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
If the Blazers overpay him then let him walk...It's as simple as that. If they want to give Raymond Felton up 9 or 10 million per year by the end of his deal then so be it.

slaker619
07-18-2009, 01:13 PM
No The Blazers Will Definetly Not Let Him Go After Losing May,Hedo, & Miller There Not Letting A 4th Player Go

Sports Illustrator
07-18-2009, 03:46 PM
It may partly have to do with the Charlotte Bobcats wanting DJ Augustin as their starting PG for the future.
Another thing is that they might have been waiting to get calls to see what kind of sign and trade offers they can get for him.

I definitely agree that Raymond Felton is one of the most underrated players in the NBA and someone who isn't as praised as much as he should be.

The Blazers are a possibility to acquire Raymond Felton, but don't forget that Ramon Sessions is also available for the Blazers to sign.

NBA_Starter
07-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe at worse if Felton walks we get Sessions?

Sports Illustrator
07-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Maybe at worse if Felton walks we get Sessions?

I doubt it. If Raymond Felton ends up walking, then I think it'll likely have to do with the Charlotta Bobcats management being set with having DJ Augustin as their starting Point Guard over Raymond Felton.

Although things have been quiet with Raymond Felton, there's always that possibility of the Bobcats performing a sign and trade deal involving Raymond Felton.

NBA_Starter
07-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I doubt it. If Raymond Felton ends up walking, then I think it'll likely have to do with the Charlotta Bobcats management being set with having DJ Augustin as their starting Point Guard over Raymond Felton.

Although things have been quiet with Raymond Felton, there's always that possibility of the Bobcats performing a sign and trade deal involving Raymond Felton.

I don't mind D.J. starting at all but we still need a backup.

masalex1205
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
We'd need a big backup pg, one who can play D since it's a weakness for DJ.

Not sure if Jefferson can be anything but a 3rd string pg in this league.