PDA

View Full Version : Redd to Sixers? Rumor

Brewers255
06-24-2009, 04:52 PM
A credible insider on their board last night said the Sixers offered Dalembert, Green and a future 1st. Talks continuing.

****** Bucks board.

Do you think this would be a solid trade for the Bucks? Bucks really need to get rid of Redd's contract as he isn't that good and would free up some salary cap.

KnickaBockas
06-24-2009, 04:53 PM
why would the bucks do this??

theuuord
06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
why would the bucks do this??

looks like they're in the tank financially.

Brewers255
06-24-2009, 04:55 PM
With the RJ trade, the Bucks are clearly heading into a differen't direction and are starting to re-build. Redd doesn't play defense, he is a ball hog. He is signed to a 92 million dollar contract (I believe it is) and the Bucks could get free up some more cap space.

The Bucks could then ship Dalembert to a differen't team and get even younger.

abe_froman
06-24-2009, 04:59 PM
philly's been wanting a shooter for past couple years and redd's a pretty good one,this makes look deadly on paper

dtmagnet
06-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Why not trade him to Cleveland for those expirings then?

BTownTeamsRKing
06-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Celtics should jump in with Ray Allen's expiring deal just to raise the price.

torontosports10
06-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Iggy would to got SF and Thad to PF then i take it? I like Thad better as a SF

IndyRealist
06-24-2009, 05:02 PM

Because Cleveland draft picks aren't worth anything?

abe_froman

think thad would be back up unless they moved brand

PhyscoT007
This doesn't solve anything because thad isn't a PF, we need him at SF and Iggy at SG

PhyscoT007
06-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Thad earned a starting spot on this team, he shouldn't come off the bench

Westbrook36
06-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Really wouldnt mind it. We could run a fast paced offense if we wanted to..

PG - Louis Williams/Draft
SG - Redd
SF - Iggy
PF - Thad Young
C - Elton Brand

Interesting..

LT.CARDWISIE
06-24-2009, 05:06 PM
He** yea make the trade bucks.We would love to have Redd in Philly.

GiantYankKnicks
06-24-2009, 05:09 PM
If the Bucks did this they will have a Top 3 pick next year

xmoney328
06-24-2009, 05:10 PM
just what 6ers need a SG who can shoot...Looks like the bucks are mailing it in for next Yr...they're the front runners for John Wall or Donatas Motiejunas

LT.CARDWISIE
Thad earned a starting spot on this team, he shouldn't come off the bench

Thad did great at the 4 last year.Adding Redd would only help.

PG-Lawson
SG-Redd
SF-Igoudala
PF-Young
C-Uknown

Brewers255
Sixers fans would be disapointed in Redd, just like any team would. The guy is LAZY when he's playing defense, and he shoots the ball WAY to much. Yes, he can score 30 PPG or more in any given night, but he shoots the ball 15-20 times a night if not more, and he gets hurt every year and coming off a Torn ACL and MCL injury if I remember correctly.

He shoots at a 45% career percentage which isn't that great at all.

Hellcrooner
06-24-2009, 05:11 PM
mmm who will play center for Sixers?????? 6.8 (possibly 6,7 with no shoes) brand???

VCaintdead17
06-24-2009, 05:12 PM

Redd is expiring

abe_froman
06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
mmm who will play center for Sixers?????? 6.8 (possibly 6,7 with no shoes) brand???

spieghts

Ragun
06-24-2009, 05:16 PM
replace green with someone else and htis would be a fair trade.

bucks get rid of redds contract add a first.

76ers get a #2 scoring option

Right Round
06-24-2009, 05:16 PM
As a 76ers fan, this would be too good to be true. The two most worthless players on the team heading out for an all-star.

And to VCaint, Redd will be off the books after 2010/2011. No way he'll decline his option and be a FA in 2010.

theuuord
06-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Sixers fans would be disapointed in Redd, just like any team would. The guy is LAZY when he's playing defense, and he shoots the ball WAY to much. Yes, he can score 30 PPG or more in any given night, but he shoots the ball 15-20 times a night if not more, and he gets hurt every year and coming off a Torn ACL and MCL injury if I remember correctly.

He also shoots 39% from three and 84% from the foul line and rarely turns the ball over for someone who has the ball in his hands so much. He's a positive addition to any team.

xmoney328
06-24-2009, 05:19 PM

Iggy plays the opponent best perimeter player,

nolin
06-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Looks like the bucks want to be the early front runner for John Wall!

Brewers255
06-24-2009, 05:21 PM
He also shoots 39% from three and 84% from the foul line and rarely turns the ball over for someone who has the ball in his hands so much. He's a positive addition to any team.

He's a good shooter, don't get me wrong, I'm saying he shoots the ball WAY to much, and he doesn't play defense.

He is one of the worst defenders in the league at the SG posistion, trust me, and with a blown out knee, it won't help him either.

theuuord
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
He's a good shooter, don't get me wrong, I'm saying he shoots the ball WAY to much, and he doesn't play defense.

He is one of the worst defenders in the league at the SG posistion, trust me, and with a blown out knee, it won't help him either.

He's not a great defender but he's passable. And when you can shoot that many shots at that good of a rate, then keep shooting.

I'd rather the guy who shoots 39% on a lot of shots take them then the guy who shoots 32% in the same amount of shots.

LT.CARDWISIE
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
spieghts

Not ready to be a center yet.Maybe try Brand.

BkOriginalOne
06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
This would be huge for the sixers.

phillyphan4ever
06-24-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm really iffy on this...it looks good on paper, but it doesn't solve our problem trying to have Brand at PF, Thad at SF, and Iggy at SG.

Brewers255
06-24-2009, 05:30 PM
He's not a great defender but he's passable. And when you can shoot that many shots at that good of a rate, then keep shooting.

I'd rather the guy who shoots 39% on a lot of shots take them then the guy who shoots 32% in the same amount of shots.

He's really not passable. The guy is TERRIBLE defending.

Everyone in Milwaukee wanted him gone two years ago, it was a huge mistake signing him to such a big contract. He may score 20-25 PPG per game, but he would give up just as many.

JordansBulls
06-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Celtics should jump in with Ray Allen's expiring deal just to raise the price.

Celtics make the most sense. Cavs need to send im some expirings to get this to work.

Gnac76
06-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Brand is 6'9, 6'8 without shoes. Regardless he has a 7 footers wingspan. If the sixers did play brand at C and Thad at PF it would mean the sixers would be one of the quickest teams in the league, but also one of the smaller ones. I wouldnt be totally comfortable with brand at c and thad at pf but if it means having iggy in his natural positon, the 3 and redd at sg... im for it.... brand at c and redd at sg is better than dalembert at c and iggy at the 2.

Bucks24226
06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Hell no im not trading Redd and then having him light it up in Philly:mad::mad:
Skiles said that Redd is starting to play defense the way he did at Ohio State
(he was drafted for defense) he's on the up and his trainers and Redd himself said after ACL or MCL or whatever surgery he was feeling stronger and will be better than ever NO WAY ARE WE TRADING HIM FOR SCRUBS AND A PICK!

toovey107
06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
no need for the font

1amLEGEND
06-24-2009, 05:51 PM

Thad already plays PF moron... thats their best lineup

TheShock45
06-24-2009, 05:57 PM
honestly if we get redd and grab a pg in the draft then i would trade iggy for a young center out there preferable on the west coast soo he doesnt come back to haunt us

artest_kobe
06-24-2009, 06:07 PM
get rid of brand if anyone will take his ridiculous contract

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2009, 06:18 PM
this trade would be amazing for the Sixers!

I know Redd has kind of slowed down a bit over the past couple years, but if he can be 60% the player he was then he'll be awesome for us.

A starting SG that can shoot and clear up space for our slashers Iguodala and Thad and allow Brand to have someone to kick it out to when he's stuck in the paint.

This rumor also makes sense because why hasn't Dalembert been shipped to Charlotte yet? Something has to be getting in the way because that deal was as good as finalized. Maybe this new Redd development is in the works?

Im excited.

We solve a big hole while getting rid of the worst two players on our team. I think our future 1st will be irrelevant because there is already a ton of young talent on the Sixers

look at this lineup

PG: Eric Maynor (hopefully)/ Lou Williams
SG: Michael Redd
SF: Andre Iguodala/ Jason Kapono
PF: Thaddeus Young/ Marreese Speights
C: Elton Brand/ Jason Smith

AI4MVP
06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
yes this adds another great player to philly and makes them better on paper and gives them more talent, but unless there trying to move either Thadeus Young or Andre Iguadola, i dont see how this works.

You just signed Elton Brand to a zillion dollar contract to be your starting power forward. If you trade for Redd and hes 2 guard, you play Iggy at the 3 and Thad at the 4...and then where does Brand play? the center?! thats a joke.

unless the sixers are planning to bring either thad, iggy, or redd off the bench(and none of those players are bench players), or move one of them for a true center(with dalembert leaving in this deal), i dont see how this works

do this deal, then trade Iggy to the Suns for Shaq and picks then it works :)

JtotheMurphy
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Didn't Manu come of the bench? I have no problem having Thad contribute 18 ppg off the bench. Also, remember the NBA is a game of matchups, so we can move our players around the lineup given the team. Depth is NEVER a problem.

IversonIsKrazy
06-24-2009, 06:25 PM
no, no, no! i hope Raps start making a push for Redd.

Jahari Kavi
06-24-2009, 06:28 PM
yes this adds another great player to philly and makes them better on paper and gives them more talent, but unless there trying to move either Thadeus Young or Andre Iguadola, i dont see how this works.

You just signed Elton Brand to a zillion dollar contract to be your starting power forward. If you trade for Redd and hes 2 guard, you play Iggy at the 3 and Thad at the 4...and then where does Brand play? the center?! thats a joke.

unless the sixers are planning to bring either thad, iggy, or redd off the bench(and none of those players are bench players), or move one of them for a true center(with dalembert leaving in this deal), i dont see how this works

do this deal, then trade Iggy to the Suns for Shaq and picks then it works :)

no way that happens...Iggy is untouchable, especially since he has injury prone players surrounding him.......

Brooke
06-24-2009, 06:31 PM
He's really not passable. The guy is TERRIBLE defending.

Everyone in Milwaukee wanted him gone two years ago, it was a huge mistake signing him to such a big contract. He may score 20-25 PPG per game, but he would give up just as many.

Um not everyone does....

If I was Philly I would do it

Bucks_Packers
06-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Michael Redd is a proven player, and Milwaukee isnt going to have a fire sale. If this did go through, how could Philadelphia afford it? Redd has a max contract

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2009, 06:46 PM
honestly if we get redd and grab a pg in the draft then i would trade iggy for a young center out there preferable on the west coast soo he doesnt come back to haunt us

why the **** on earth would we do that?

iggy is our best player at only 25 years of age and put up 21, 7, 7, 46%fg, 40%3pt in the playoffs with a game winning shot.

are u ****ing kidding me.

god damnit sixers fans.

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Brand can play center and did play center on the clippers at times so that point is irrelevant.

The guy has a 7' 2" wingspan which is why he can grap so many boards and is 6'8" 250 thus outweighing every center in the east besides dwight howard.

get it done ed, get it done.

dee279
06-24-2009, 06:51 PM
MIcheal Redd contract expires in 2010, why would bucks make that trade? Micheal Redd is a great shooter, and they really dont need Dalembert with andrew bogut having the contract he has.

dtmagnet
06-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Redd is expiring

Ah, didn't realize.

jay87shot
06-24-2009, 06:55 PM
I believe redd has a player option for 2011 or something like that

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2009, 06:56 PM
does anyone have more info on this trade though?

at the moment it seems like pure speculation...

Brewers255
06-24-2009, 07:00 PM
All that I heard was on another board, a Sixers insider said that they did indeed offer this and that talks were continuing. Besides that, I heard nothing.

mikeyvee
06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
i agree. is there a link or anything to this? i have checked many sites and they say nothing at all

Chronz
06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
why the **** on earth would we do that?

iggy is our best player at only 25 years of age and put up 21, 7, 7, 46%fg, 40%3pt in the playoffs with a game winning shot.

are u ****ing kidding me.

god damnit sixers fans.

That was the playoffs for a short stretch, focus on how hes played the other 94+% of his career.

Brewers255
06-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I would post a link to where they were talking about this, but the site is filtered out on this site.

dee279
06-24-2009, 07:05 PM
does anyone have more info on this trade though?

at the moment it seems like pure speculation...

Thats what it is but that would be a good trade IMO. Well a good trade for sixers anyway. Good trade for bucks if they trying to get the first pick in the draft next year. And the year after that, and probably after that.

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2009, 07:08 PM
That was the playoffs for a short stretch, focus on how hes played the other 94+% of his career.

will do.

19 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg, 1.6 spg, .473 FG%, .307 3pt%

while guarding the opposing teams best player every night.

yeah sounds about right.

ValuePick
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
As a Bucks fan I'm all for getting redd out but we need to get something back in return, unlike the RJ trade.

LT.CARDWISIE
06-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Michael Redd is a proven player, and Milwaukee isnt going to have a fire sale. If this did go through, how could Philadelphia afford it? Redd has a max contract

Um sammy has a big contract and Green has some money on his contract to.

jtrinaldi
06-24-2009, 07:28 PM
If the Bucks did this they will have a Top 3 pick next year

no remember the lottery..if they did this and there was no lottery we would have john wall and everyone would be shouting his name at the home opener of this yr

Brewers255
06-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I found another source of the trade, it was Dalembert and Lou Williams in this source

Milwaukee (AP) - The Milwaukee Bucks have pulled off a blockbuster move today, adding three players while just giving up one.

The Bucks traded Richard Jefferson to the San Antonio Spurs for outstanding defender Bruce Bowen, and accomplished centers Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto.

Bucks' GM John Hammond said of the trade "we know we lost a great player in RJ, but we really like the guys we brought in. We're not done though. Expect more moves this offseason."

Two rumors that have been tossed about are Bogut to New Orleans for Antonio Daniels and Morris Peterson, and Michael Redd for Samuel Dalembert and Lou Williams of the Sixers.

"You can never have enough big men," Hammond said.

Source: Philly.com

Bucks24226
06-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PhillyForLife90
06-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Hmm would kinda suck if we gave up Lou Williams, I hope they take Willie Green instead.

dre1990
06-24-2009, 08:32 PM
IDK how well Brand would do at Center....kinda undresized

NYK|NYY
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Interesting..

EaglesJackson10
06-24-2009, 09:00 PM
if the bucs were trying to get rid of money they would not trade for dalembert he makes over 10 million for the next three years. I think like 10 million in 09, 11 mill in 10 and 12 in '11

TYoung21
06-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Please let it be Willie and not Lou if it goes down, I cannot stand seeing Willie Green on this team. But I don't like Thad at the 4 and Brand at the 5 or Thad coming off the bench, so idk if i like this trade...

TYoung21
06-24-2009, 10:12 PM
if the bucs were trying to get rid of money they would not trade for dalembert he makes over 10 million for the next three years. I think like 10 million in 09, 11 mill in 10 and 12 in '11

Dalembert has 1 year left actually

EaglesJackson10
06-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Dalembert has 1 year left actually

Wrong he has two I was also wrong though so whatever.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=787

Killadelphian13
06-24-2009, 10:57 PM
I would love this trade if only to get rid of Dalembert and that joke of a player Willie Green. No matter what happens though the lineups won't be perfect. Take a look at the options.

If we trade for Redd:
PG - Miller/Draft Pick
SG - Redd
SF - Iguodala
PF - Young
C - Brand

Pros: Another sharpshooter in addition to Kapono, unloads Dalembert's ridiculous contract, gets rid of that waste of life Willie Green

Cons: Puts undersized Brand at center, iffy-at-best defense from Redd

Current Roster Option 1:
PG - Miller/Draft Pick
SG - Iguodala
SF - Young
PF - Brand
C - Smith (NOT Dalembert no matter what)

Pros: Puts Young and Brand both at natural positions (and Young will quickly become far better than Iguodala at the 3 spot)

Cons: Puts Iguodala at 2 and he can't shoot nearly consistently enough

Current Roster Option 2:
PG - Miller/Draft Pick
SG - Green (NO!)
SF - Iguodala
PF - Young
C - Brand

Pros: Iguodala is a proven 3

Cons: Willie Green starting, Young and Brand both out of position

All in all, there will be problems no matter what the Sixers do. Given the above options I would prefer the first option of the current roster and have Iguodala do nothing but work out like normal and practice 500 jump shots a day. Period.

Unec
06-24-2009, 11:28 PM
IM STUCK ON THIS TRADE, I KEEP SAYIN YES AND NO IN MY HEAD LOL. We could use REDD in our lineup but only if thad comes off the bench(wins 6th man of the year) i dont like thad playinf the 4 and brand at the center. But if we do make the trade i wouldnt be mad, so i will keep sayin yes & no lol. REDD,IGGY,THAD,BRAND just looks SOOOO great "on paper" If we do make the trade and everyone stays healthy we would be deadly in every aspect of the game. People keep sayin REDD plays no defense, we we had MILLER & GREEN as our 2 starting guards and still had a pretty decent defensive team. SO adding maybe LAWSON & REDD to the sixers is a major upgrade(in my eyes) on offense and defense. WHAT YALL THINK??