PDA

View Full Version : Dirk opens up about his tragic love story

Chronz
06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
"In the beginning, I was very down and disappointed, sad and furious," Nowitzki said. "But I made a few steps forward and I think someday I will be over it totally."

Taylor has been in a Beaumont jail since shortly after being taken into custody in May at a raid on Nowitzki's home in north Dallas. Nowitzki went on vacation after the Mavericks' season ended and only recently returned to Germany.

The Mavericks' perennial all-star verified that the couple met via an allegedly fluke phone call.

"She told me she dialed the wrong number and was trying to call her brother," Nowitzki said. "We talked, texted and e-mailed a lot over the next three years, but we never met. It was more of an Internet type of flirt.

"We had daily contact, then none for months. But we were friends for so long, we finally met and the first meeting was good. Then in December, we got engaged, but we didn't have a real date for the wedding. She had further plans and wanted to get married in July.

"She was an interesting woman. She was funny and never boring."

Nowitzki was asked about the mockery of Taylor's appearance in some of the unflattering photos that have been published.

"Well, everybody has different tastes," he said. "Some people love Italian food, some don't."

As for the emotional scars left by the difficult liaison, Nowitzki said: "I still want to have a family, but the wounds have to heal first. I want to raise a family and have a couple of small Dirks running around. But it will not be easy to win my heart."

Nowitzki added that he did not want to get into airing "dirty laundry" in response to things Taylor has said about him in prison interviews with The News. He also discounted any long-term impact the romance may have had, saying that he can still trust people.

"Nothing really bad came out of it," he said. "I had some bad judgment, and that was it. Life goes on."

WOW, 3 years? Dirk really is a different kind of superstar. He seems like the type of guy you can see on the streets, introduce yourself and he wouldnt mind the short company. Him, Shaq, Pau, and Vince Carter are by far the nicest celebrities I have ever encountered.

The caks? Tmac, Ray Ray, and Kidd.

BlondeBomber41
06-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Poor Dirk, I feel bad for the guy. He has always had that type of personality, is such a good guy. Im by no means a Mavericks homer but Dirk has genuinely been a model person and representative of our team, wish this wouldnt of happened to him.

IBleedPurple
06-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Poor Dirk, I feel bad for the guy. He has always had that type of personality, is such a good guy. Im by no means a Mavericks homer but Dirk has genuinely been a model person and representative of our team, wish this wouldnt of happened to him.

x2. Sad it had to happen to such a great guy. He still isn't used to how many terrible scheming people we have in this country.

Ragun
06-24-2009, 03:01 PM
poor guy. its a good thing that he is a strong guy.

vick27m
06-24-2009, 03:08 PM
wow what a *****

thedfactor
06-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Hopes to have some little Dirks running around...haha that's great

Trouble87
06-24-2009, 03:15 PM
now I feel genuinely bad for Dirk... hope he gets past it all

AI4MVP
06-24-2009, 03:21 PM
you cant turn a hoe into a housewive! come on dirk!

but ferreal. i feel for him. hope he finds someone better and gets over it

ShaunRiching9
06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Poor Dirk, What did this chick do?

Flamarlins21
06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah what happened again?

lakerboy
06-24-2009, 04:25 PM
That's really sad man. But come on Dirk. You're a ****ing NBA player. You can get any girl you want. There are a lot of nice girls in this world, you just have to know where to look.

Living Legend
06-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Yo, Dirk is aight in my book dawg.

JayW_1023
06-24-2009, 07:18 PM
you cant turn a hoe into a housewive! come on dirk!

Hrmm...Hoe Into Housewife...has a nice Reality TV-ish ring to it...