PDA

View Full Version : Are the Wolves keeping the fifth and sixth picks?

mrblisterdundee
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM
A lot of people are posting about how Minnesota wants to move up in the draft, but I think they might be staying put with the fifth and sixth picks. If they need a point guard, then they'll have the choice of Tyreke Evans or Stephen Curry. If they want a shooting guard, then Demar DeRozan should still be available. If Sacremento decides they don't need Harden because of the presence of Martin, then Minnesota could take Harden and a point guard. Finally, if Minnesota decides they want a small forward, they can pick any one of them. I think Minnesota is going to take two solid guards at the fifth and sixth picks, rather than risking it all on Rubio.

KnickaBockas
06-24-2009, 01:32 PM
im hearing they are trying to package the 5th and thier 18th to move up more

JWO35
06-24-2009, 01:34 PM
I think they will at least move one....They should trade the 5th and 6th overall pick to the LA Clippers for the #1 overall pick :laugh2:

DitchDat
06-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I think their intention is to get the #2 pick. I read that on NBA.com

zambo4president
06-24-2009, 04:27 PM
The smart thing to do is keep both picks.

29$JerZ
06-24-2009, 04:28 PM
They will take Steph Curry to replace Foye and then draft Tyreke Evans for the 2. Both would compliment each other very well.

WSU Tony
06-24-2009, 05:22 PM
They will take Steph Curry to replace Foye and then draft Tyreke Evans for the 2. Both would compliment each other very well.

They both want the ball in their hands, how does that complement one another?

Wolves should trade #5, #18, and #28 for the #2 or trade the #6 and #18 for the #3 pick.

Rubio
Harden
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

OR

Jennings
Brewer
Gomes
Jefferson/Love
Thabeet

29$JerZ
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
They both want the ball in their hands, how does that complement one another?

Wolves should trade #5, #18, and #28 for the #2 or trade the #6 and #18 for the #3 pick.

Rubio
Harden
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

OR

Jennings
Brewer
Gomes
Jefferson/Love
Thabeet

Curry is a guy who can create his own shot but defense isn't his strong point. Evans can guard larger PG's and SG's.

Think Hinrich and Gordon essentially or Baron and Monta.
Makes no sense to trade either pick.

what54!?
06-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Their gonna offer love and the 5th and get the 2nd. Rubio then becomes a Timberwolf along with evans

IndyRealist
06-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Evans can guard PG's and SG's, yes, but he's a slasher scorer on offense, and Curry is a dominant ballhandler/shooter. There wouldn't be enough balls to go around for that combo. Nevermind that Al Jefferson is the focal point of the team and needs to get his touches.

I think that's why they want to get Rubio, he doesn't have to score to contribute to the team, he's a hawk on defense, and a brilliant passer. Thing is, right now I see Rubio falling to #5, meaning they don't have to make any trades at all. Put Curry next to Rubio and you've got a highlight reel tandem in your backcourt.

raptor fan
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
the best thing they could do is package 6 and 18 for #2 and pick up rubio. then the thunder would take thabeet; the kings would take evans/flynn/jennings and the t-wolves would take harden at 5. the grizzlies get the guy they want at #6 in hill. minnesota walks out of the draft with rubio and harden.

WSU Tony
06-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Their gonna offer love and the 5th and get the 2nd. Rubio then becomes a Timberwolf along with evans

Memphis said two days ago they would take Love strait up for the #2 or the #5 and #18 picks for the #2. Why the heck would the Wolves trade the #5 AND Love? You're unaware of the situation.

what54!?
06-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Memphis said two days ago they would take Love strait up for the #2 or the #5 and #18 picks for the #2. Why the heck would the Wolves trade the #5 AND Love? You're unaware of the situation.didn't know that. thanks for informing me. even better for the wolves

DitchDat
06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
they obviously want Rubio

WSU Tony
06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
didn't know that. thanks for informing me. even better for the wolves

No problem, man. I've been a spaz these last few weeks, especially the last few days. I've heard every rumor.

they obviously want Rubio

Yes, they do.

#6, #18, and Craig Smith or Telfair should be enough for the #3 pick to land Rubio.