PDA

View Full Version : Which team improved the most with Wednesday's trades?

phlp_bj
06-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I personally think the Spurs helped the most by a little bit. And the Wolves in a close 2nd. Spurs get scoring for their wing and might have put them in elite status once more. Wolves will get two young studs to add to the mix of Al Jeff, Love, Brewer, etc...

Giaps
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
T-wolves in the long run.

mgsports
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM
It would be Tuesday's Trades and I would wait intill the season starts to make a prediction.

KnickaBockas
06-24-2009, 12:58 PM
The spurs turned themselves from a declining team to a team that is very much in the running for the trophy with the trade they made yesterday

KnickaBockas
06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
But i think the wolves did well too.....

dwadefan03
06-24-2009, 01:14 PM
why isnt anyone talking aBOUT THE WIZARDS. they got better too. with the fifth pick they were gonna be stuck with jordan hill who is a hit or miss prospect. but now they ad a legit combo guard in randy foye as insurance in case gilbert isnt healthy AGAIN. plus they got mike miller... thats pretty good, i mean just look at their line up.

gilbert
foye
caron
jamison
haywood

key notables
nick young
mike miller
javale mvgee
andray blatche
javaris crittenton

however i do think everyone did a great job getting whut their team needed. the wolves can pick up the pg the desperatly need along with a legit scorer at the two maybe james harden. and the spurs just made themselves championship contenders while getting rid of the garbage on their roster.

overall great moves by all of them.

IversonIsKrazy
06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
SPURSS!!!

PG: TP/Hill
SG: Mason/Ginobili
SF: Jefferson/Finley
PF: Duncan/Gooden
C: Bonner/?

There once again in running for the championship glory.

Lo Porto
06-24-2009, 02:13 PM
The Wizards got better. They just added two players who play tons of minutes. All they lose is garbage. Foye averaged 16+ a game when Jefferson went out last year. More than likely, Foye is a better player than #5 ever will be.

SA is at the same rank. Jefferson will be awesome for San Antonio. However, Kurt Thomas and Oberto are very important to that team. If they get one of them back with Bowen, they'll be fine. But if they lose all 3 for good, they are hurting in depth down low.

The Wolves made a decent trade, but OKC has proven that tons of draft picks don't mean squat. Without veteran leadership, you can't win in this league. Unless #5 turns into the draft steal of the century, I don't think it was that good a trade for the Wolves.

mavwar53
06-24-2009, 02:21 PM
I chose the spurs because they gave up nothing, but Washington has a very good team now if they would have been able to trade songaila pecherov and thomas for foye and miller then it would have been the same deal as the spurs got but they had to give up a great pick so that is the only reason they don't take it for me. Washington is a hell of a team now though and miller can get back to playing the way he is good at playing and foye will be a better player as well.

IBleedPurple
06-24-2009, 02:37 PM
While I like Jefferson, I think the move is overrated for the Spurs. I see them as slightly worse. They will likely make other moves, which may change my opinion.

I think T-Wolves. They dumped players who typically play below their talent, and have a great pick now. 4 1st round picks may be this team's chance to finally improve & soften the Brandon Roy blow of the past.

Bucks_Packers
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
what about the bucks? We essentially traded away RJ for the ability to sign Charlie V and Ramon Sessions, and gained financial flexibility. RJ was our best healthy player last year, but he is hardly a superstar. I would say it definitely improves San Antonio in the short term not the long term.

Tom81
06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Spurs

azkarraga
06-24-2009, 03:11 PM
spurs

IndyRealist
06-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately for the Bucks their move was made to stay even, not get better. They will likely not retain Bowen. If they trade Oberto for Amir Johnson, then they've gotten slightly better.

Minnesota is building for the future, I think everyone sees that. But we won't know if they're actually better until their draft picks play a year or two. For this year, I'd call them even.

The Wizards are clearly better, they have more depth, a better SG, and Arenas injury insurance. They did pretty well Wednesday, but...

Even in their championship years, the Spurs have lacked a 4th go-to scorer, they've always won with defense. Now they have the flexibility to outscore their opponents as well, and insurance in case Ginobili goes down again. With three scorers they can contend, but with only two? Not so much. RJ solves the majority of their problems. Spurs win.

THE MTL
06-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Minnesota is making a nice young core. They are trying to get on that young talent level and picks level like OKC and Blazers. However I really think they should move up and take Rubio.

Rubio-Love-Jefferson Core is insane.

ggb108
06-24-2009, 03:44 PM
spurs added a legitimate playmaker...spurs win

tranman
06-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm a Wizards fan and like what the team did, but the Spurs really helped themselves with that trade. All they really gave up to get Jefferson was Kurt Thomas, as Bowen and Oberto are expected to be waived and back with the Spurs.