PDA

View Full Version : the nets can do work right now

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
If im the new jersey nets i would try to land rajon rondo....if the celtics are really trying to trade him i would try and work out a deal to ship out vince carter for rajon rondo considering other pieces put in to make the deal work...and then i would ship devin harris out for the 2nd pick and darko milicic. The nets are trying to rebuild and getyounger...having rondo,rubio,and milicic to go along with brooke lopez might be a good idea...im not sure how all these contracts would workout but trading with other pieces included...new jersey could have two potential all star point guards(2) and have darko whos not half bad and young downlow with lopez and jarvis hayes could be small forward....not a bad team to rebuild with..

bostncelts34
06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
If im the new jersey nets i would try to land rajon rondo....if the celtics are really trying to trade him i would try and work out a deal to ship out vince carter for rajon rondo considering other pieces put in to make the deal work...and then i would ship devin harris out for the 2nd pick and darko milicic. The nets are trying to rebuild and getyounger...having rondo,rubio,and milicic to go along with brooke lopez might be a good idea...im not sure how all these contracts would workout but trading with other pieces included...new jersey could have two potential all star point guards(2) and have darko whos not half bad and young downlow with lopez and jarvis hayes could be small forward....not a bad team to rebuild with..

1. Boston would NEVER trade rondo for VC. Especially since their int he same division. Boston already has ray allen.

2. Harris is not worth the 2nd pick.

3. Even if he was, why would Nj want rubio AND rondo? makes absolutely no sense man.

Please stop posting these ridiculous ideas, and if your going to, dont make threads about them.

Merge please.

mavwar53
06-24-2009, 12:38 PM
the celtics want a top pick in the draft not an aging overrated player that plays the same position as 2 of their best players.

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
my whole idea is they dont have much time left with this big 3 so if they added another all star to it and went for it all now...and got as much as possible out of it...it may make sense half the team is pretty old....i mean didnt they trade for 2 older guys allen and garnett before? and if they claim rondo is immature and missing things then why not get someone mature...???

24/7 All Day
06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
harris isnt worth the 2nd pick? the 2nd pick isnt worth harris...

jmastert
06-24-2009, 12:41 PM
1. Boston would NEVER trade rondo for VC. Especially since their int he same division. Boston already has ray allen.

3. Even if he was, why would Nj want rubio AND rondo? makes absolutely no sense man.

Please stop posting these ridiculous ideas, and if your going to, dont make threads about them.

Merge please.

Harris is 100% worth a second round pick harris is a 25 yr old all star.

bostncelts34
06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
harris isnt worth the 2nd pick? the 2nd pick isnt worth harris...

IMO hes not. If i were memphis i would not trade #2 pick for harris straight up.

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 12:43 PM

Merge please.

first of all who are you to say harris isnt worth the second pick? do you know what rubio is capable of completely yet? nooo! alsooo its the same case as having hinrich and derrick rose what is chicago dumb? no they had two very good point guards to take there team to the playoffs it wasnt all derrick rose and in certain situations each pg stepped up. And this idea isnt ridiculous the ridiculous thing is the celtics thinking they will everr beat the lakers again....your team is washed up try to get another guy so maybeee you can do something again and garnett can be a little crying child winning his first title at over 30...kobe has 4 get over it

static_inferno
06-24-2009, 12:45 PM
NJ already has Harris who IMO is better than Rondo. while i agree the Nets should trade VC and get a youth movement going with Harris and Lopez, Rondo is not the answer for them.

Brooklyn Mets
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM

Merge please.

i agree with 1 and 3 but not with 2.. Harris is a proven baller..

azkarraga
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
harris is a better player than rondo and has about the same years in front of him. besides, rondo and rubio dont mix. they are two too different ways of running a team

Lisound15
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
how could you even say harris isnt worth the second pick? look at the guys numbers last year and tell me if rubio will come close to those in the next 3 years. who knows, he might, he could be better, or he could be a bust. why trade somebody whose guaranteed and already an all star for an unproven european player... makes no sense

bostncelts34
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
first of all who are you to say harris isnt worth the second pick? do you know what rubio is capable of completely yet? nooo! alsooo its the same case as having hinrich and derrick rose what is chicago dumb? no they had two very good point guards to take there team to the playoffs it wasnt all derrick rose and in certain situations each pg stepped up. And this idea isnt ridiculous the ridiculous thing is the celtics thinking they will everr beat the lakers again....your team is washed up try to get another guy so maybeee you can do something again and garnett can be a little crying child winning his first title at over 30...kobe has 4 get over it

Sorry that KG didnt have Shaq or another future HOF'er before he was 30 like kobe.

And yes, way to throw out insults instead of using facts, your brilliant.

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Sorry that KG didnt have Shaq or another future HOF'er before he was 30 like kobe.

And yes, way to throw out insults instead of using facts, your brilliant.
im throwing out facts...and i already explained my idea right above this....and stop with the shaq nonsense kobe didnt have shaq in 2009....and what happened...bottom line is i think its a good idea for nj to have two young and atheltic and talented point guards and i think boston will not win anymore with rondo so why not get vince carter and give you 4 all stars to work with...even if vince comes off the bench(the celtics claim there so unselfish) its should be no problem...

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2009, 12:54 PM

Merge please.

harris is a top 5 pg in the league and is def worth alot more than that pick IMO. thats why that trade seems ludicrous to most in the first place.

b_russ
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM

But Hinrich can actually play the 2. Rubio and Rondo together on the court would be a joke because neither one can shoot.

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 12:57 PM
But Hinrich can actually play the 2. Rubio and Rondo together on the court would be a joke because neither one can shoot.

they dont both have to start...they can play diff minutes at diff times....
and there penetration skills together would get open the post alot for brooke lopez,josh boone any big man there and even for shooters like jarvis hayes

arkanian215
06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
as a nets fan, i would like to see more of a pass first mentality like j kidd was. harris has been seflish at times. he made his first all star game in his first full year with nj so im not quite ready to give up on him yet. yes he needs to improve his shot, especially the 3 if he really wants to stay around in this league (he's gonna get slower and once he doesn't have his speed, then what use would he be?).

Kabowdos
06-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Since when is having two all-star point guards a good thing? I've never seen that in my life.

Look at great PG and when they are the best on their team...
John Stockton
Jason Kidd
CP3
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Gary Payton (the Heat ring does not mean anything in this argument)

In recent history... there is no rings for the teams that have their best player a PG.
Magic is the only one in recent history.

Sounds like the worst idea ever IMO.

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Since when is having two all-star point guards a good thing? I've never seen that in my life.

Look at great PG and when they are the best on their team...
John Stockton
Jason Kidd
CP3
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Gary Payton (the Heat ring does not mean anything in this argument)

In recent history... there is no rings for the teams that have their best player a PG.
Magic is the only one in recent history.

Sounds like the worst idea ever IMO.

its always good to try something new....! if changes werent ever made in history people wouldnt even be equal right now! change could mean the best or worst thats the chance you take...its not like the nets are a titlke contender right now anyway

Kabowdos
06-24-2009, 01:09 PM
as a nets fan, i would like to see more of a pass first mentality like j kidd was. harris has been seflish at times. he made his first all star game in his first full year with nj so im not quite ready to give up on him yet. yes he needs to improve his shot, especially the 3 if he really wants to stay around in this league (he's gonna get slower and once he doesn't have his speed, then what use would he be?).

I love Harris and think he is a great player. I don't think he can bring a ring to a team when he is the best player. He would even be great as a sixth man, backing up a veteran PG. He is an offensive minded player with a great burst of energy. I know he is definitely good enough to be a starter pretty much anywhere, but it is more like a Ginobli type thing.

Kabowdos
06-24-2009, 01:13 PM
its always good to try something new....! if changes werent ever made in history people wouldnt even be equal right now! change could mean the best or worst thats the chance you take...its not like the nets are a titlke contender right now anyway

It is a terrible idea. I don't know why you are taking this argument so far. There aren't many people agreeing with you. It is not always a good idea to try something new.

Trading your best player for Rondo, remember who is he is playing with (the big 3), is a bad idea. Then going after ANOTHER PG in the draft... TERRIBLE.

Maybe the Cavs, Heat, Celtics, should all go after guys to BACK UP LeBron, Wade, or KG. That would make perfect sense. This is the whackiest thread.

J-Relo
06-24-2009, 01:24 PM
IMO hes not. If i were memphis i would not trade #2 pick for harris straight up.

#2 pick is who?

Thabeet or Rubio?

both are very critisized...

Thabeet is known only of his defence, Rubio might be a bust or well at least few years project...

both have someking of potential, but it is unknown wether they will reach it or not... when Harris has already showed what he can - he can be all-star caliber point guard...

if you wouldn't make that deal, you would make a bad move