PDA

View Full Version : Shaq officially traded to Cleveland

Pages : [1] 2

-Juice-
06-25-2009, 12:22 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjH1ftdePGZWDv55TUTb.rq8vLYF?slug=aw-shaq062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LAKERS 24/7
06-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Wow. Shaq's last chance at a ring. Imagine the Lakers vs Cavs next finals. The storylines would entertain for sure, and Stern would make bank.

clutchski
06-25-2009, 12:23 AM
ohhh snap

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 12:23 AM
The deal just went down. It's gonna be finalized soon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkVgFzpEZMJ3sRKqOTZaQd45nYcB?slug=aw-shaq062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 12:24 AM
just saw it on yahoo too. wow!!!!! 21 million for his old ***! isn't big ben gonna retire? he has been mulling retirement.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Lebron cant win one without Shaq. Thats all Ill be saying if they win this year :D

Vinny642
06-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Crazy!!

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 12:25 AM
not like we didnt expect it.

im not sure how this really helps cleveland, but they are trying at least.

Ripper Gein
06-25-2009, 12:26 AM
This is the year 1 of his ankles finally snaps!

Vinny642
Lebron wont win one with Shaq. Thats all Ill be saying if they win this year :D

Fixxed

DJ CHACH
the comish wants lebron in NY..so, he's making oneal go to cleveland cuz lebrons condition to leave is if he rewards them with a ring..if he leaves w no ring, he can never return..everyone will think he's just like tyrus thomas (mr. im in it for the money)....this way cleveland gets a ring and they can all go back to their closets happy..and we get lebron, and nyc becomes a basketball town again..i cant stand baseball and hockey already..and the liberty are killing me this yr

black1605
06-25-2009, 12:27 AM
what will happen to Z?

JWO35
06-25-2009, 12:28 AM
The Cavs will be picking 1st in the 2010 Draft :laugh:

Miami_Megatron
06-25-2009, 12:29 AM
I hope the heat are the 3rd team!!

STAT32
06-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Thank god. Now the Suns can use that cap-space to sign a good free agent.

Miami_Megatron
06-25-2009, 12:30 AM
The Cavs will be picking 1st in the 2010 Draft :laugh:

lo!!

Chronz
06-25-2009, 12:30 AM
not like we didnt expect it.

im not sure how this really helps cleveland, but they are trying at least.

Your not sure how a 1 on 1 defender vs Dwight helps them, you dont know how adding another double team threat on the team helps? Your better than that

Fixxed

Lebron wont win one with Shaq. Thats all Ill be saying if they win this year

Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds?

dodgers310
06-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Shaq to cleveland

jetsfan89
06-25-2009, 12:32 AM
they have someone to get some offense down low in Shaq. Now they need someone who can cover perimeter players at the PF position.

Catfish1314
06-25-2009, 12:33 AM
From a couple of perspectives, it's good for the Cavs. Shaq presents a mismatch problem for everyone. He's still unguardable 1 on 1 in the paint and double teams will be much, much harder to throw at Shaq with LeBron James also on the court.

Should the Cavs run into the Celtics or the Magic in the playoffs again, they will match up with them much better. Shaq can help keep Howard off the floor and if the opposite happens, the Cavs have a super solid center Zydrunas Ilgauskas to spell him.

For the long-term this forces LeBron to continue to improve on his jumpshot, because with Shaq on the floor clogging the lane will prevent him from being the elite slasher he usually is.

Duncan = Donkey
is pavlovic and wallace going to be bought out???whats going on there??

GSW fan
Stan Van, Tell me how my *** tastes

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Your not sure how a 1 on 1 defender vs Dwight helps them, you dont know how adding another double team threat on the team helps? Your better than that

Shaq's defense is def better than what they had, but offensively, I thought Z fit their team better. lets remember LBJ would much rather go the hoop than shoot, but now Shaq will be clogging up the lane.

LBJ and Shaq, o my.... the celebrations and pregame dances...oh damn.

Chronz
Its almost as if you didnt know that Shaq was expiring this coming season.

Vinny642

Its my Bold Prediction for next year :)

asandhu23
06-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Cavs should get Shaq... it would be great. Shaq and LeBron could lose together. I hope it happens.

great its Kobe-Shaq duo all over again...only thing its LeBron not Kobe

DenButsu
I don't really understand why Phoenix does this. They were really starting to click at the end of the season. I can't see how this makes them any better, unless their primary intention is to break Shaq's expiring up into two smaller expirings to make them easier to dump off before the deadline.

DODGERS&LAKERS
If Shaq is motivated, and he can stay healthy for a good portion of the season, he will help them. They probably wont win as much in the regular season as they did this year, but he should help them in the playoffs.

Teeboy1487
06-25-2009, 12:36 AM
I am happy for shaq. He deserves to be in title contention again. I hope we face them in the finals. It shall be interesting if we make it to the finals and Cleveland makes it. I can't wait.

asandhu23
06-25-2009, 12:37 AM

if they do win, Shaq should be MVP because he had the same effect on Lakers and Kobe's titles

Chronz
06-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Shaq's defense is def better than what they had, but offensively, I thought Z fit their team better. lets remember LBJ would much rather go the hoop than shoot, but now Shaq will be clogging up the lane.

LBJ and Shaq, o my.... the celebrations and pregame dances...oh damn.

Big Z's role as the outlet is replaced by Joe Smith (Superior Midrange shooter), Shaq replaces Ben Wallace/Anderson role at C, he provides much more offensively than both and teams will no longer be able to play off them so he will actually help their spacing. How this effects their team is they get worse defensively without AV, but I have a feeling he'll look alot better with an interior presence like Shaq alongside him.

Chronz
06-25-2009, 12:38 AM

NVM man

I don't really understand why Phoenix does this. They were really starting to click at the end of the season. I can't see how this makes them any better, unless their primary intention is to break Shaq's expiring up into two smaller expirings to make them easier to dump off before the deadline.

My sentiments exactly

Vinny642
if they do win, Shaq should be MVP because he had the same effect on Lakers and Kobe's titles

idc who gets it, i dont think they'll win but if they did i wouldnt care who got finals mvp

jjfan122
cavs still the same. shaq is too old now. Hes just gonna block up the middle which makes it harder for leborn to drive and if thats the case, leborn gonna have to rely on that jump shot which isn't consistent .The cavs should've traded for bosh and sign him to a extension.Plus, they need a wing player like gerald wallace to help leborn. Not a old dude who twitters.

madmav
06-25-2009, 12:39 AM
this is a done deal according to cleveland.com

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/06/cavs_reportedly_reach_deal_for.html

BTownTeamsRKing
Big Z's role as the outlet is replaced by Joe Smith (Superior Midrange shooter), Shaq replaces Ben Wallace/Anderson role at C, he provides much more offensively than both and teams will no longer be able to play off them so he will actually help their spacing. How this effects their team is they get worse defensively without AV, but I have a feeling he'll look alot better with an interior presence like Shaq alongside him.

This is all dependent that this year's shaq shows up and not the shaq who looked finished the 2 years before.

does this mean anderson flop a lot verajoa is gone? i was listening to stephen a smith, and he said verajoa is looken for 10 to 12 mil. who the .... would pay that?

Jahari Kavi
cleveland, ohio.....................can............ u.................... dig iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit????

lakerboy
06-25-2009, 12:40 AM
I don't see how they get so much better. I mean, 36 year old Shaq?

******* man. Orlando would still kick their ***, and LBJ really would be gone by 2010.

GodsSon
shaq consistently gets the luxury of playing with dominant 2's and 3's...first penny, then kobe, then wade, now lebron...from phoenix's standpoint, i dont see how this helps them...they just helped make the east that much tougher

clutchski
cavs still the same. shaq is too old now. Hes just gonna block up the middle which makes it harder for leborn to drive and if thats the case, leborn gonna have to rely on that jump shot which isn't consistent .The cavs should've traded for bosh and sign him to a extension.Plus, they need a wing player like gerald wallace to help leborn. Not a old dude who twitters.

I don't know what they would have traded for bosh..

Kenny

like gasol shoulda won it this year?

heyman321
06-25-2009, 12:41 AM
cleveland, ohio.....................can............ U.................... Dig iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit????

the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig aristotle!!!!!!!!!11

leftie5
Figured this was coming. I loved him on the Suns, but I think Shaq deserves to have another shot at a title and he wasn't going to get that with us. Good luck Diesel.

GodsSon

who do the Cavs have to offer the Raptors?...Delonte and Mo? lol :puke:

Chronz
06-25-2009, 12:42 AM

LMFAO So you think having Gerald Wallace on the wings clogs up the paint less for Bron than a legit post presence?

BTownTeamsRKing
I think this makes the cavs a little better overall, but i dont think it puts them at the top of the East. still in the mix of Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando.

GSW fan

:rolleyes:

JWO35
06-25-2009, 12:43 AM
At least Cleveland will have a lot of Cap Space in 2010 :shrug:
Since, LeBron is going to NYC and Shaq is most likely going to hang them up

pf289
Hfs

t-mac1nukka
well in fantasy psd world you can trade scrubs for good players. i know cause ive seen people propose trades like that seemingly everyday

dodgers310
06-25-2009, 12:44 AM
you think amare could get traded to if so to who???

BTownTeamsRKing
so SA went and got RJ
then Cleveland dealt for Shaq
I wonder what the Celtics and Lakers will do

Jahari Kavi
cavs aren't done yet...i expect them to add another piece or two.......

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 12:45 AM

best fit: Chicago.

they need him and they have the trade pieces to get him.

JWO35
06-25-2009, 12:45 AM

To Detroit for Kwame Brown and Tayshaun Prince :laugh:

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 12:46 AM
so SA went and got RJ
then Cleveland dealt for Shaq
I wonder what the Celtics and Lakers will do

imo the lakers have got to look to get better somewhat....i'm thinking a pg....derek fisher is an old fart who can hit a clutch shot, but he shouldn't start next year.......farmar isn't starters material...brown has promise, but I don't think he's a starter just yet..........maybe mike bibby????

dodgers310
06-25-2009, 12:47 AM
best fit: Chicago.

they need him and they have the trade pieces to get him.

who would the bulls give up to get him?

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 12:47 AM
imo the lakers have got to look to get better somewhat....i'm thinking a pg....derek fisher is an old fart who can hit a clutch shot, but he shouldn't start next year.......farmar isn't starters material...brown has promise, but I don't think he's a starter just yet..........maybe mike bibby????

Will LA have anything left to spend after re-signing Odom and Ariza? I doubt it.

jetsfan89
06-25-2009, 12:48 AM
:shrug: i really like this deal for the cavs to be honest. they did nothing down low and relied on LBJ and streaky jumpshooters for offense.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 12:49 AM
who would the bulls give up to get him?

tons of options.

the Bulls have 2 1st rounders.
and tons of young talent. take your pick of BG, Hinrich, Deng, Ty Thomas, Noah, etc...anyone besides Rose.

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 12:49 AM
All Shaq has to get is 16 and 8 and that is good enough.

superkegger
06-25-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm not really convinced this is the move they need. People ooohed and aaahed when they pulled off that mega trade right before the deadline last year to get wallace and west and szczerbiak. Didn't really do the trick. So they got mo. didn't really do the trick. Now they get a 36 year old fat center who still thinks an offense should run through him. Just don't see it working out.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm not really convinced this is the move they need. People ooohed and aaahed when they pulled off that mega trade right before the deadline last year to get wallace and west and szczerbiak. Didn't really do the trick. So they got mo. didn't really do the trick. Now they get a 36 year old fat center who still thinks an offense should run through him. Just don't see it working out.

while Shaq isnt that good anymore, the fact is, he doesnt have to be.

This is a good trade if Shaq averages 10 and 5. big ben and pavlovich do nothing anyways.

TheShock45
06-25-2009, 12:53 AM
in all honesty he's fat he's slow and has tos of minor injuris BUT he still commands a double team, and this will lead to lebron having more one on one moments and alot of mo williams being WIDE open

you double shaq, you double lebron, you have one man left to cover 3 players haha

Suns4ever67
06-25-2009, 12:54 AM
ESPN just reported this is a done deal. Wallace and Pavolich for Shaq.

superkegger
06-25-2009, 12:55 AM
while Shaq isnt that good anymore, the fact is, he doesnt have to be.

This is a good trade if Shaq averages 10 and 5. big ben and pavlovich do nothing anyways.

But it probably also hastens the exit of Varejao, because with Shaq, there's just less minutes for other bigs. Or at least I'd assume so. And that is a loss the Cavs dont' want to take. He was invaluable to their success, and shaq's d isn't as good, and he sure as hell doesn't provide the hustle.

Shaq's D also isn't as good as Ben's. Either which way, I just don't see it as being an overall good addition to their game plan. I don't think it gets them any close to a championship.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-25-2009, 12:55 AM
All Shaq has to get is 16 and 8 and that is good enough.

He is going to have to do better than that. His defense is going to kill them. Orlando is going to pick and roll his @$$ to death. The Cavs will not have the best defense in the league anymore. He is going to have to be getting 18 and 10 a night to make up for his shortcomings on defense

MTar786
06-25-2009, 12:56 AM
iduno why people think this is such a bad trade.. heres some reasons i think its more than just good.

1. lebron shouldnt have a problem driving.. i dont remember kobe ever having a problem.. nor wade who ALWAYS drove in back then.

2. Shaq will be surrounded by the likes of. wally, mo, west, lebron.. guys who can knock down threes VERY well.

3. Thei defense should be better.

4. got someone who can guard dwight 1 on 1 without difficulty

5. They have big Z to back him up.. or even start wen he's injured or tired so ur basically getting the best of shaq for like 28 mins a game. 34 playoff time

6. big sized team with really good rebounding now.

7 (bonus) a team u dont wanna get in a fight with lol.. lbj and shaq. thats POWER

8. half court basketball team. shaqs kinda style

9. NOT A GOOD THING. theyre gna be a very arrogant team

IMO a championship contender AS long as shaq doesnt break down and completely suck mid season.. but i doubt that.. he'l train this off season with the motivation. remember he wasnt traded to phoenix during the off season. now he has time to adapt to cavs basketball and mix with lebron.

Jahari Kavi
Will LA have anything left to spend after re-signing Odom and Ariza? I doubt it.

this is true.

Ragun
suns are getting raped. kerr is an idiot. get a first in that trade. now it looks more likely OKC will have PHX's top 5 pick

Teeboy1487
06-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Will LA have anything left to spend after re-signing Odom and Ariza? I doubt it. Why should we worry? You guys should be more worried than us. You guys are going to have to face those monsters to get to the championship again. Good luck with that or not. Also, as long as we keep our team in tact, we will be fine. The east is going to be a lot better this year.

Yanks All Day
Shaq isn't exactly washed up. He had a fairly good year last year. And he HAS to be better than what they had. LeBron made Anderson Varejao look good most of the time. Imagine what he can do with someone like Shaq?

Duncan = Donkey

i doubt amare is traded now, he will be sun this year.

MTar786
06-25-2009, 01:00 AM
He is going to have to do better than that. His defense is going to kill them. Orlando is going to pick and roll his @$$ to death. The Cavs will not have the best defense in the league anymore. He is going to have to be getting 18 and 10 a night to make up for his shortcomings on defense

i agree with u on one thing. he'll need more than 16 and 8. he'll need more like 18.5 and 9.6-10. but shaqs defense wont be a problem.. ur pick and roll argument could be used against dwight aswell.. its something that happens. shaq does offer other really good advantages u know.

THE MTL
06-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Lol shaq!!!!!!!!!!!! Who else would get to play with Kobe, Dwade, & Lebron.

lavell12
06-25-2009, 01:01 AM
If the Cavs win it all next year will it be "shaq had to have kobe, wade, and lebron" or "Lebron had to have shaq"?

Lost Art
06-25-2009, 01:01 AM
So the Suns have pretty much given up? Talk about a rags to riches story :pity:

.......as for the Cavs........I have no idea if this makes them better or worse?? Subtraction by addition?

THE MTL
06-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Cavs are going to be a VERY VERY Charismatic team! They already was very flashy with Lebron. Lebron and Shaq together is going to be a hilarious locker room.

SouljahPhil...
06-25-2009, 01:02 AM
LoL stupid Kerr...Only a second pick..ughhhh

lavell12
06-25-2009, 01:03 AM
This would make it super sweet for Kobe if he faces the Cavs in the finals.

BALLER71
06-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah trading for a 18 and 9 guy who draws double teams is a bad trade. Because it's soooo easy to find centers, right? :eyebrow:

SouljahPhil...
06-25-2009, 01:04 AM
should have hold on to marion and his expiring contract.....

THE MTL
06-25-2009, 01:04 AM
If the Cavs win it all next year will it be "shaq had to have kobe, wade, and lebron" or "Lebron had to have shaq"?

Well you cannot say that for Kobe. Shaq was putting up 30ppg 14rpg in those Finals. And he won Finals MVP in ALL THREE championships. It was clearly Shaq's team with the Lakers. Now, Shaq did need Wade cause Miami would have gone down 3-0 if Wade aint go off for 25pts in the 4th quarter.

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:05 AM
david stern would cream all over himself for a cavs/lakers finals next year............

BALLER71
06-25-2009, 01:06 AM
david stern would cream all over himself for a cavs/lakers finals next year............

:nod:

DODGERS&LAKERS
i agree with u on one thing. he'll need more than 16 and 8. he'll need more like 18.5 and 9.6-10. but shaqs defense wont be a problem.. ur pick and roll argument could be used against dwight aswell.. its something that happens. shaq does offer other really good advantages u know.

Shaq is far worst at defending the pick and roll that Dwight. He doesn't even show. This was a problem when he was with the Lakers and it has gotten worst. Dwight is still young and athletic enough to get out and at least slow up the ball handler. Shaq just sits back and waits for the guy to pull up for a wide open jump shot or throw the lob to the cutting center.

IndiansFan337
suns are getting raped. kerr is an idiot. get a first in that trade. now it looks more likely OKC will have PHX's top 5 pick
I see a lot of bashing of Kerr going on....But guys, don't put this on him. Sarver is forcing Kerr to cut salary. And obviously, moving your highest paid player is the best way to do that.

Cavs are going to be a VERY VERY Charismatic team! They already was very flashy with Lebron. Lebron and Shaq together is going to be a hilarious locker room.

LeBron isn't selfish though. He knows how Shaq is. They won't clash. They respect each other. Winning is the bottom line.

superkegger
Yeah trading for a 18 and 9 guy who draws double teams is a bad trade. Because it's soooo easy to find centers, right? :eyebrow:

You do realize how flawed that argument is right?

It's so easily countered with:

Look how well the Knicks and Clippers did when they got Zach Randolph.

Teeboy1487
06-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Kerr should just go ahead and trade amare and get fired. He has done nothing for that team since he was hired. The suns really miss Byran Colangelo. I feel bad for the sun fans.

lavell12
06-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Shaq is a Nike guy right? Time for a new puppet ad.

marlinsfan24
06-25-2009, 01:10 AM
This team won't work. I don't see it. Shaq and Lebron demand the ball too much. This just puts the coffin in the grave of Lebron's career as a Cav

SouljahPhil...
06-25-2009, 01:11 AM
I see a lot of bashing of Kerr going on....But guys, don't put this on him. Sarver is forcing Kerr to cut salary. And obviously, moving your highest paid player is the best way to do that.

LeBron isn't selfish though. He knows how Shaq is. They won't clash. They respect each other. Winning is the bottom line.

If he wants to cut salary he should have not traded for shaq at all and let marion expire...

lavell12
06-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Jordan's GM skills must have rubbed off on Kerr to.

MTar786
06-25-2009, 01:12 AM
Shaq is far worst at defending the pick and roll that Dwight. He doesn't even show. This was a problem when he was with the Lakers and it has gotten worst. Dwight is still young and athletic enough to get out and at least slow up the ball handler. Shaq just sits back and waits for the guy to pull up for a wide open jump shot or throw the lob to the cutting center.

u fail to understand wat im saying man.. im not trying to say ur wrong n shaq CAN defend a pick and roll. wat im saying is that what shaq brings to the table totally out weighs what he doesnt. he may not be able to defend a pick and roll.. but he can do a bunch of other things no one else can do to make up for it

MTar786
06-25-2009, 01:14 AM
This team won't work. I don't see it. Shaq and Lebron demand the ball too much. This just puts the coffin in the grave of Lebron's career as a Cav

clearly u only started watching basketball after the shaq and kobe era

SouljahPhil...
06-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Well you cannot say that for Kobe. Shaq was putting up 30ppg 14rpg in those Finals. And he won Finals MVP in ALL THREE championships. It was clearly Shaq's team with the Lakers. Now, Shaq did need Wade cause Miami would have gone down 3-0 if Wade aint go off for 25pts in the 4th quarter.

:confused: maybe shaq was the man during that time but he clearly needed Kobe's contribution to win those rings...Without Kobe's help shaq would have had a difficult time...Kings and SA were powerhouses by then..

ottograham14
06-25-2009, 01:15 AM

Finally someone making sense. I like that the only people that are bashing this trade seem to be Laker/Celtics fans.

The only reason this would be a bad trade is because it will be interesting to see how Shaq works into the rotation with Z already there.

Otherwise: good contract, up at the end of the year still.

Big man that will get double teams in paint.

Stays healthy all year, a 16 and 8 guy.

ko8e24
06-25-2009, 01:15 AM
from penny in orl, to kobe in la, to d-wade in miami, to nash/amare in pho, to now lebron in cle, just wow!

NotVeryOriginal
06-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Lebron made a career out of running up the lane and plowing everything in his path Rugby style whilst on the way to the basket. So they put a 320lb guy in thatsame lane?

ottograham14
06-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Also they gave up Ben and Sasha and a 2nd round pick. They don't even have to give a second. Amazing. Thanks Kerr.

marlinsfan24
clearly u only started watching basketball after the shaq and kobe era

No i watched from before. Shaq and Kobe's egos killed each other at the end, hence the break-up. Lebron has a bigger ego than Kobe did at that point, this will break down fast.

ko8e24
Finally someone making sense. I like that the only people that are bashing this trade seem to be Laker/Celtics fans.

The only reason this would be a bad trade is because it will be interesting to see how Shaq works into the rotation with Z already there.

No, I as a laker fan am stating that this was a brilliant trade, cuz pavlovic/wallace were useless crap, shaq is an upgrade over those 2 goons, and if shaq experiment doesnt work, cavs get 20 mil off the books for 2010, can resign lebron to max along with another fellow superstar. also, fact that they're got a proven HOF center is management telling lebron that they are trying to win a championship NOW, which will give James the incentive to perhaps not leave CLE in 2010

ko8e24
06-25-2009, 01:19 AM
No i watched from before. Shaq and Kobe's egos killed each other at the end, hence the break-up. Lebron has a bigger ego than Kobe did at that point, this will break down fast.

lol, at this point of shaq's career, he doesn't have an ego, he has hubris (hurt pride). he just wants 1 more ring, and i bet he'll do anything to get that.

J4KOP99
06-25-2009, 01:20 AM
I can't wait to see Lebron run a fast break with Shaq and Big Z trailing behind.

Shaq will definitely help them out but I still don't think they can win a championship with this current team.

It would be crazy to see Lakers vs. Cavs next year in the finals.... Kobe vs. Shaq once more haha

Teeboy1487

I'm not bashing anything. I look forward to the challenge. We are the champs and I really like shaq. I am happy for shaq. The league will be more entertaining. I smell lakers vs. cavs Christmas day game.

DODGERS&LAKERS

So you look at a 6 or 7 game series as being your barometer of who the most important to a team? So was Tony Parker the most important player on the Spurs a couple years back?

marlinsfan24
lol, at this point of shaq's career, he doesn't have an ego, he has hubris (hurt pride). he just wants 1 more ring, and i bet he'll do anything to get that.

Idk about that. What player without an ego criticizes the guy who walks in your footsteps?

IndiansFan337
06-25-2009, 01:21 AM
You do realize how flawed that argument is right?

It's so easily countered with:

Look how well the Knicks and Clippers did when they got Zach Randolph.

Shaq, not Randolph.

It will be interesting here to see what the Cavs decide to do with Shaq/Z.

I can see the Cavs following PHX's plan of using Shaq in only one game of back-to-back's for at least the first half of the season in order to keep him healthy. That also will allow the Cavs to get Z solid minutes. Obviously Shaq will log more minutes against teams with physical C's & probably during most of the games that he plays. But these two cannot play at the same time. Defensively, we would get crushed. In game when they are both active I see Shaq looking at 26-28 mpg & Z looking at 20-24 mpg.

JoeRealist
06-25-2009, 01:25 AM
If LeBron wins this year he will stay and Shaqs 20 mil comes off the books next year for Wade or Bosh with LeBron. This move is clearly made for the playoffs and a band-aid to keep LeBron happy. This is a GREAT plan. Bosh and LeBron for the next 6-7 years in Cleveland? WOW

NotVeryOriginal
06-25-2009, 01:26 AM
lebron.. guys who can knock down threes VERY well.

The guy makes one highlight reel 3 and suddenly hes a sharpshooter? Lebron chucks bricks most of the time he steps outside the 15ft mark.

SouljahPhil...
06-25-2009, 01:27 AM
EAst would be a dogfight..

lakerfan 4 life
06-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Join pro sports daily now people. its the best sports website on the net!!!!

IndiansFan337
06-25-2009, 01:28 AM
If LeBron wins this year he will stay and Shaqs 20 mil comes off the books next year for Wade or Bosh with LeBron. This move is clearly made for the playoffs and a band-aid to keep LeBron happy. This is a GREAT plan. Bosh and LeBron for the next 6-7 years in Cleveland? WOW

That's what I am hoping for. And I think this is a step towards that goal. It looks more realistic by the day.

Kenny
06-25-2009, 01:29 AM
I can't wait to see Lebron run a fast break with Shaq and Big Z trailing behind.

Shaq will definitely help them out but I still don't think they can win a championship with this current team.

It would be crazy to see Lakers vs. Cavs next year in the finals.... Kobe vs. Shaq once more haha

Lebron is a one man fast break, all you can do is hug him when he gets going.

soundjunkies2
06-25-2009, 01:31 AM
The cavs got him for nothing but im not sure this is what they needed.Of course it's not gonna hurt them either.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Why should we worry? You guys should be more worried than us. You guys are going to have to face those monsters to get to the championship again. Good luck with that or not. Also, as long as we keep our team in tact, we will be fine. The east is going to be a lot better this year.

Richard Jefferson on line 1 for u.

I think RJ makes the Spurs a lot better compared to how much shaq improves the cavs.

IndiansFan337
06-25-2009, 01:34 AM
Lebron is a one man fast break, all you can do is hug him when he gets going.

Good rebounders & great team defense allows him to take advantage of that facet of his game.

marlinsfan24

I think RJ makes the Spurs a lot better compared to how much shaq improves the cavs.

Agreed. RJ is only 29 and should be in the prime of his career.

dodie53
i hope kerr has a follow up deal in place.
suns got raped on this deal.

no delonte, hickson or 1st round pick?
cmon.

JPHX
06-25-2009, 01:36 AM
both wallace and pavlovic should be bought out.

IndiansFan337
06-25-2009, 01:37 AM

The Spurs are a talented team, but the key to them succeeding may be their health.

The Cavs addressed a large need for a post scorer & a post defender at the same time. So it certainly improves them.

And the Cavs were already better than the Spurs last season before these trades.

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 01:38 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html

2. Shaquille O'Neal 26.87
3. LeBron James 26.20

2 of the top 3 all time in PER are on the same team.

And for the playoffs they are top 4.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career_p.html

3. LeBron James 26.80
4. Shaquille O'Neal 26.47

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 01:40 AM
both wallace and pavlovic should be bought out.

as someone who enjoyed the days of Nash, Marion, and Stoudemire when the Celtics werent doin so good, i have to say that this sucks for u guys.

your GM is terrible. he looks like he has no long term plan, nor a short term plan.

Lets rewind a bit...

He traded Marion for Shaq. ok fine i guess.
then he deals Shaq for big ben and pavlovic. niether of which are much of a player.

this is terrible dealing. hope for better days man.

so now the Suns:

Nash
J-rich
Hill?
Amare
Big ben?

i dont see the plan.

SteveNash
06-25-2009, 01:41 AM
I don't see Shaq helping much at all. I guess bringing him in should give them a slight boost in bench production, that's about it. Maybe if LeBron or Shaq develops a mid range game this summer they'll be able to be effective together.

phillyphan4ever
06-25-2009, 01:42 AM
great deal for the cavs. he's not as dominant as he used to be, but he's still shaq

Lebronmylasthop
06-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Lebron cant win one without Shaq. Thats all Ill be saying if they win this year :D

no LeBron can't win by himself. there is a difference btw what kobe has done with bigs and shooters around him ie fisher gasul odom bynum and SHAQ. Lebron has made it to the finals by himself and had the league best record by himself.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 01:43 AM
The Spurs are a talented team, but the key to them succeeding may be their health.

The Cavs addressed a large need for a post scorer & a post defender at the same time. So it certainly improves them.

And the Cavs were already better than the Spurs last season before these trades.

thats right.

the Spurs went from an aging declining team, to a team who will be back in the Finals mix.

The Cavs went from title contenders, to stronger title contender.

this is a good deal for cleveland. ben and sasha barely did anything anyways. i wonder if big z is going to be dealt

dodgers310
06-25-2009, 01:44 AM
what other trades you guys see happening

dodie53
06-25-2009, 01:44 AM
cavs > spurs
after the trades, imo.

JPHX
06-25-2009, 01:45 AM
as someone who enjoyed the days of Nash, Marion, and Stoudemire when the Celtics werent doin so good, i have to say that this sucks for u guys.

your GM is terrible. he looks like he has no long term plan, nor a short term plan.

Lets rewind a bit...

He traded Marion for Shaq. ok fine i guess.
then he deals Shaq for big ben and pavlovic. niether of which are much of a player.

this is terrible dealing. hope for better days man.

so now the Suns:

Nash
J-rich
Hill?
Amare
Big ben?

i dont see the plan.

neither big ben or pavlovic are gonna be a sun next season. this just gives some breathing room financially. now they can go after someone via FA or trade because they have the flexibility to do it.

IndiansFan337
06-25-2009, 01:47 AM
We now need a solid/good backup SG/SF that is long & can play D on big opposing SG's that present matchup problems for Delonte West. Pavlovic was that guy last year. I think we will let Pavlovic know that role is still available if/when his contract is voided. But I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to find a team where he could have a bigger role and/or we look for a more consistent contributor.

Chris Broussard suggested Matt Barnes as a possible alternative, also mentioning that the Cavs have no interest in Shawn Marion. I would like to see the Cavs make an offer to Grant Hill, but I think he prefers warm weather cities.

dodie53
06-25-2009, 01:48 AM
if big ben and sasha get bought out,
will that give the suns cap space to sign some FAs?

AMC31
06-25-2009, 01:50 AM

Plus Delonte is very funny, cant wait to see our pregame routines

Giaps
06-25-2009, 01:50 AM
That's all you can get for Shaq? Really?

Steve Kerr is an awful GM.

Vee-Rex
06-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Excellent trade for the Cavs. I'm from Cleveland and watch all of their games so trust me.

1. Cleveland needed a low post scorer. A 36 year old Shaq can still score in the paint, even though he's not as good as he used to be.

2. Cleveland needed a BANGER in the paint. Z is soft, Anderson Varejao is sloppy, and Ben Wallace is a bum.

3. Who did Cleveland give up? Sasha and Ben? LOLOLOLOL

Sasha is complete garbage. People in other cities don't realize this because they don't watch him all the time. Ben Wallace can't stay healthy, and even then he's too freakin' one-dimensional. No scoring ability and bad knees has made his defense worse.

To claim this isn't a good trade for the Cavs is foolish. Lebron is an excellent distributor. Can you imagine him driving to the lane and having Shaq as an option under the basket? He made Varejao look decent, so just think how good the big Diesel will be with Lebron.

PG - Mo money Mo
SG - Mr. West is in the building
SF - The King/Chosen One
PF - Wild Thang Mop head
C - The Big Diesel

Cavs have gotten much better. Nothing is guaranteed in this league of the best players in the world, but if we stay healthy then we got a good shot at the championship. Another piece or two would solidify it.

IndiansFan337
06-25-2009, 01:51 AM
I don't see Shaq helping much at all. I guess bringing him in should give them a slight boost in bench production, that's about it. Maybe if LeBron or Shaq develops a mid range game this summer they'll be able to be effective together.
What are you talking about? Shaq was an All-Star last season by playing on the block & being a dominant post scorer & pretty good post defender. He's not going to all of a sudden develop a mid range game after playing over 15 yrs in the NBA without any resemblance of one. The Cavs best post scorer last season was JJ Hickson, who was injured for the last 1/3 of the season & the playoffs. Shaq is quite a large ( no pun intended) upgrade over Hickson on the block.

i wonder if big z is going to be dealt
I don't see that happening. He's a lifetime Cavalier. I can see us letting his contract run out after this season though & then possibly part ways if he isn't willing to accept a smaller role & salary.

neither big ben or pavlovic are gonna be a sun next season. this just gives some breathing room financially. now they can go after someone via FA or trade because they have the flexibility to do it.
No, they don't. :confused:

They're still way over the cap.

Giaps
06-25-2009, 01:52 AM
PS. Kiss Nash goodbye. Why would he stay on a sinking ship?

MTar786
06-25-2009, 01:55 AM
thats right.

the Spurs went from an aging declining team, to a team who will be back in the Finals mix.

The Cavs went from title contenders, to stronger title contender.

this is a good deal for cleveland. ben and sasha barely did anything anyways. i wonder if big z is going to be dealt

i think they should try to sign bruce bowen if he gets bought out.

if they plan on trading big z which i think they shouldnt then they should trade him along with delonte west for a good three point shooter maybe jason terry or mike miller or if really lucky someone like a ray allen.

n they should try their best signing rasheed wallace

goku
06-25-2009, 01:55 AM
the cavs were already a old now they get older trading for shaq who is 37-38yrs for 21million i like the cavs but this was a stupid deal they could have gotten Jamison who is cheaper and yonger than shaq

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 01:56 AM
Excellent trade for the Cavs. I'm from Cleveland and watch all of their games so trust me.

1. Cleveland needed a low post scorer. A 36 year old Shaq can still score in the paint, even though he's not as good as he used to be.

2. Cleveland needed a BANGER in the paint. Z is soft, Anderson Varejao is sloppy, and Ben Wallace is a bum.

3. Who did Cleveland give up? Sasha and Ben? LOLOLOLOL

Sasha is complete garbage. People in other cities don't realize this because they don't watch him all the time. Ben Wallace can't stay healthy, and even then he's too freakin' one-dimensional. No scoring ability and bad knees has made his defense worse.

To claim this isn't a good trade for the Cavs is foolish. Lebron is an excellent distributor. Can you imagine him driving to the lane and having Shaq as an option under the basket? He made Varejao look decent, so just think how good the big Diesel will be with Lebron.

PG - Mo money Mo
SG - Mr. West is in the building
SF - The King/Chosen One
PF - Wild Thang Mop head
C - The Big Diesel

Cavs have gotten much better. Nothing is guaranteed in this league of the best players in the world, but if we stay healthy then we got a good shot at the championship. Another piece or two would solidify it.

good analysis. i agree with this. altho, i thought sasha could shoot a little.

goku
06-25-2009, 01:58 AM
cleveland freethrow percent will be going down more now

DenButsu
06-25-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm still scratching my head over why the Suns do this. If they don't follow this up by in turn moving one or both of these players to teams looking for expirings and don't do some crafty semi-rebuilding on the fly, they could easily be lottery bound again, and this could possibly go down as one of the worst trades of the 2009-10 season (on Phoenix's side of the deal).

Min fg% 3p% ppg rpg bpg salary (all expire in 2010)
Shaq 30.0 .609 .000 17.8 8.4 1.4 21,000,000

Ben 23.5 .445 .000 2.9 6.5 1.3 14,000,000
Sasha 16.0 .422 .410 4.6 1.9 0.2 4,750,000

Because as it stands now, Phoenix gains absolutely nothing from this trade other than a high percentage but very minimally productive 3-point shooter, and $2,250,000 of savings in the 2009-10 season. Or in other words, pretty much nothing. And they lose their leader in PER (probably the most efficient player on the team), their most efficient scorer, their second leading scorer, their only true low post scorer and defender, their best rebounder, their best shot blocker...

Seriously, man, what is in it for the Suns in this trade? Horrible move if they don't follow it up in a BIG way, and even then maybe even if they do. The only way this makes sense is if they already have another deal in principle worked out and/or if they're somehow pulling a fast one on Cleveland and they have reason to believe (that they're not disclosing) that Shaq will seriously decline next season.

But on the surface, this seriously does not make sense for Phoenix.

Iron24th
06-25-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm not sure if this trade will make the cavs as good as they think,it may be a disappointment like phoenix,but at least they try,they'll panic hard if it doesn't work.

DenButsu
06-25-2009, 02:02 AM
cleveland freethrow percent will be going down more now

And everything else will be going up.

IndiansFan337
06-25-2009, 02:11 AM
the cavs were already a old now they get older trading for shaq who is 37-38yrs for 21million i like the cavs but this was a stupid deal they could have gotten Jamison who is cheaper and yonger than shaq

Shaq's coming in for one year. His contract year. That's the big motivation for him. Then his $21 million is coming off our books, allowing us to be players for another max F/A alongside LBJ next summer, if we choose to do so. I think that Chris Bosh will be the #1 target to become LBJ's sidekick in Cleveland.

zambo4president
06-25-2009, 02:12 AM
So the Suns made this deal to cut salary to make a free agency move id assume. But who are they after?

AsfanSince99
06-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Unbelievable! More trades to come. I hope Philly can rid themselves of Dalembert.

AI4MVP
06-25-2009, 02:13 AM
suns are ********. they cuda got alot more for shaq. even if he didnt average 18 and 9, win all star game mvp, and be one of the top 5 centers in the league even right now with his age, he is still a 20 million dollar expiring contract and that is REALLY valuable. this is some ********

Duncan = Donkey
06-25-2009, 02:15 AM
PS. Kiss Nash goodbye. Why would he stay on a sinking ship?

nash wanted shaq gone u muppet.

maybe he should join a ship that is already at the bottom of the ocean...knicks perhaps?

RaysFan
06-25-2009, 02:17 AM
This does nothing but help the Cavs. Who did they give up? Sasha and freaking Ben Wallace?

Cleveland has a nice little Big-3 going for them. If they can add a shooting PF like Villaneuva, Sheed, or Dice....they are the favorite to win it all.

The part that is over-looked is the impact this will have on Gibson, West, and Mo. My God will they get some open looks from 3.

Cleveland is sort of a more improved version of the 2006 Miami Heat.

IndiansFan337
06-25-2009, 02:19 AM
So the Suns made this deal to cut salary to make a free agency move id assume. But who are they after?

No.

They are still way over the cap.

They can only go after F/A's with the MLE, LLE & veteran's minimum.

Game_Over
06-25-2009, 02:24 AM
What are the Suns thinking, they might aswell trade Nash while he still has value!!

greg_ory_2005
06-25-2009, 02:24 AM
You suck Kerr. :(

Er1c
06-25-2009, 02:27 AM
..lol...ok...hows it gonna help the cavs

GoatMilk
06-25-2009, 02:33 AM
not the worst trade in the world
i dont know how you say no to it.

but shaq clogs the paint just like lebron. ric bucher said that it might have the same impact as it did with nash in phoenix. for all the positives shaq brings, there are just as many negatives. and bron cant shoot like nash either. i'm not syaing lebron will suck. he'll still be an MVP candidate, etc., but i dont think this move gets them over the hump

shaq cant defend the pick and roll as everyone here knows, and thats what killed cleveland vs. orlando

shas
06-25-2009, 02:38 AM
great, 2 of the biggest spotlight HOGS are on the same team.

dodie53
06-25-2009, 02:39 AM
SarvKerr strikes again

dsonLAL24
06-25-2009, 02:41 AM

not with steve kerr at the head

GoatMilk
06-25-2009, 02:43 AM
i know i'm not supposed to post pics, but i saw a mod do it once in a regular thread so i am too

http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/U15-1245911983.png

DenButsu
06-25-2009, 02:46 AM
not with steve kerr at the head

Not only that, but they really didn't have a damn thing at all, just $2,250,000. So their current payroll for 2009-10 drops from $78,724,626 to $76,224,626, leaving them not only WAAAAAY over the salary cap, but pretty deep into the luxury tax as well.

They saved nothing. One of the many reasons this trade makes no sense for the Suns.

junion
06-25-2009, 02:47 AM
It means that the cavs get a little better and shaq gets to bandwagon and once again change his mind on who "the best player" is.

But I'm interested to see what pregame stuff they come up with

dodie53
06-25-2009, 02:47 AM
:(

DenButsu
06-25-2009, 02:48 AM
i know i'm not supposed to post pics, but i saw a mod do it once in a regular thread so i am too

http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/U15-1245911983.png

You saw a mod post an image because only mods and TMs are allowed to post images. Sorry, but I edited it back to regular "url" code.

MJL
06-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Shaq is over weight, over priced, over the hill and often injuried. It seems like a desperate move from Cavs to save LeBron's last season in Cleveland. Sun is throwing the towel and admit it was a mistake trading for Shaq.
Now just sit back and wait for Shaq to bash the Sun, and you know it is coming, right?

greg_ory_2005
06-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Not only that, but they really didn't have a damn thing at all, just $2,250,000. So their current payroll for 2009-10 drops from $78,724,626 to $76,224,626, leaving them not only WAAAAAY over the salary cap, but pretty deep into the luxury tax as well.

They saved nothing. One of the many reasons this trade makes no sense for the Suns.

Kerr is the worst GM in the league.

AsfanSince99
How isn't this a good trade for the suns? They save $14m when Ben Wallace retires, and if he doesn't, they buy him out for $6m.

Amare is the next to go.

dodie53
What are the Suns thinking, they might aswell trade Nash while he still has value!!

just wait and see.
:)

GoatMilk
06-25-2009, 02:52 AM
You saw a mod post an image because only mods and TMs are allowed to post images. Sorry, but I edited it back to regular "url" code.

it's ok
i had to fight the man, you know lol

go nuggets! :cool:

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Shaq's 21 million will come off the books next year. That means 21 million to keep lebron by signing d wade or bosh for 2010. lebron and d wade would be sick!!!!

FaceDown91
06-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Shaq's 21 million will come off the books next year. That means 21 million to keep lebron by signing d wade or bosh for 2010. lebron and d wade would be sick!!!!

yea that would be....in Miami :laugh2:

GoatMilk
06-25-2009, 02:57 AM

lebron or no lebron, no superstar is gonna sign in Cleveland, Ohio

stawka
06-25-2009, 03:02 AM
It means that the cavs get a little better and shaq gets to bandwagon and once again change his mind on who "the best player" is.

Only this time he isn't wrong ;)

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Why? Look at all the championships they have since the browns won in 62.

Good point.

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 03:15 AM
How isn't this a good trade for the suns? They save $14m when Ben Wallace retires, and if he doesn't, they buy him out for $6m.

Amare is the next to go.

hopefully to the rockets :clap:

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Amare to the wizards!

stawka
06-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Is the trade official or still a few things needing to be confirmed?

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Is the trade official or still a few things needing to be confirmed?

It's official.

www.espn.com

Fireworld
06-25-2009, 03:24 AM

HAHA :laugh:

And if he does win, its nothing Kobe hasn't done before. Either ay, LJ loses.:p

Chronz
06-25-2009, 03:24 AM

Oohed and ahhed over Wally and washed up Ben? Doubtful, the only thing I remember coming from that trade was that they finally got rid of Hughes. And you underestimate how much each addition on year to year basis has transformed the team. Its not like they arent getting better, Shaq may not be the difference between a championship, but hes definitely a step in the right direction. If they sign either Kidd or Rasheed somehow its been a successful offseason.

stawka
06-25-2009, 03:26 AM
Yeah but it still says awaiting approval.. That's why I was still confused. Thanks man :)

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 03:42 AM
Oohed and ahhed over Wally and washed up Ben? Doubtful, the only thing I remember coming from that trade was that they finally got rid of Hughes. And you underestimate how much each addition on year to year basis has transformed the team. Its not like they arent getting better, Shaq may not be the difference between a championship, but hes definitely a step in the right direction. If they sign either Kidd or Rasheed somehow its been a successful offseason.

Rasheed would be a great option for them

philab
06-25-2009, 03:52 AM
Whoa, this time difference really keeps me out of the loop.

I wake up and now Cleveland has Shaq.

This wasn't my ideal trade/signing, but it's something. We can't possibly be done either. This likely isn't enough.

Living Legend
06-25-2009, 04:00 AM
Mo
???West
LeBron
Varejao
Shaq

Maybe Shaq will come off the bench???

Cavs still need a good SG

pippsux
06-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Should be fun next season

fresh prince
06-25-2009, 04:06 AM
For the long-term this forces LeBron to continue to improve on his jumpshot, because with Shaq on the floor clogging the lane will prevent him from being the elite slasher he usually is.

This is exactly why I DONT LIKE this deal for the Cavs.. Granted they didnt give up anything but 2 things about Shaq could be a detriment to Lebron.

1. Shaq needs the Ball to score.and Lebron is most effective with the ball in his hands

2. Your point..Shaq clogs the lane..Part of what has made Lebron so dominant is the amount of spacing the Cavs have created by having 4 dudes on the floor with him who are all capable of knocking down perimeter shots. Big Z being able to take a big who can actually bother Lebron at the rim has been huge..I think they lose that with Shaq on the floor..

All in All this was a Low Risk move for the Cavs since ll they are really giving up is the $$ but I don't see it working out.

Chronz
06-25-2009, 04:09 AM
This is exactly why I DONT LIKE this deal for the Cavs.. Granted they didnt give up anything but 2 things about Shaq could be a detriment to Lebron.

1. Shaq needs the Ball to score.and Lebron is most effective with the ball in his hands

2. Your point..Shaq clogs the lane..Part of what has made Lebron so dominant is the amount of spacing the Cavs have created by having 4 dudes on the floor with him who are all capable of knocking down perimeter shots. Big Z being able to take a big who can actually bother Lebron at the rim has been huge..I think they lose that with Shaq on the floor..

All in All this was a Low Risk move for the Cavs since ll they are really giving up is the $$ but I don't see it working out.

Everything youve said has already been refuted by myself and others on this board plenty of times over.

LOL at Bron playing with 4 shooters, I never knew AV and Big Ben were so highly thought of

stawka
06-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Chronz... Dig up my post man I CBF lol

fresh prince
06-25-2009, 04:12 AM

Oh man.. I bet you he tweets Lebron is the Best by noon tmrw..

First it was Him
Then it was Kobe
Then it was Wade
Then back to Kobe
Now it will be Lebron

Forget the Big Arisotle.. Shaq is the Big Flip Flop

fresh prince
06-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Everything youve said has already been refuted by myself and others on this board plenty of times over.

LOL at Bron playing with 4 shooters, I never knew AV and Big Ben were so highly thought of

Sorry it's too late to toggle through 12 -13 pages to ensure my Opinion hasn't been expertly refuted. Not sure how you can refute an opinion... since none of us know how this will really work out but whatevs

Uhhh 4 Shooters as in:

MO
West/Boobie
Wally/Sasha P
Big Z

A combo of those players would often be on the floor with Bron essentially playing the 4. This was the most used lineup in the series against the Magic and largely why Bron was so effective...

Stay Thirsty!

Trouble87
06-25-2009, 04:24 AM
does this officially make Shaq the most winningest journeyman in NBA history?

crazy that this is his 5th team

stawka
06-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Probably Horry lol. He takes the cake

AI4MVP
06-25-2009, 04:27 AM
apparently someone that has inside sources has said that the Suns are trading what they received from the Cavs for Tyson Chandler.

So pretty much it would be a three team trade thatd look like this

Cavs get:
Shaq

Suns get:
Tyson CHandler

Hornets get:
Ben WAllace
Pav

hornets wanted ben wallace because he retires and gets the hornets immediate cap space.

but please realize, this is juyst what i heard from a person that "has good sources" so dont go telling your friends just yet

LAKERRS24
06-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Shaq: "Mike Brown is the best coach all-time." Something like that i expect during the season from Shaq.

Living Legend
06-25-2009, 04:52 AM
apparently someone that has inside sources has said that the Suns are trading what they received from the Cavs for Tyson Chandler.

So pretty much it would be a three team trade thatd look like this

Cavs get:
Shaq

Suns get:
Tyson CHandler

Hornets get:
Ben WAllace
Pav

hornets wanted ben wallace because he retires and gets the hornets immediate cap space.

but please realize, this is juyst what i heard from a person that "has good sources" so dont go telling your friends just yet

nah son

JayW_1023
06-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Something tells me this trade won't pan out all that well for Cleveland. Shaq will clog up the lane alot and make it really tough for LeBron to get to the hoop. Big Z at least could space the floor with the perimeter shot.

There is always the injury question...just how effective is Shaq going to be at this stage of his career? Will he stay healthy. In my opinion, Cleveland is taking a huge gamble.

Shaq has a long line of playing with talented swingmen like Penny, Kobe and Flash. Now it's LeBron. So maybe he will exceed expectations.

Rome
06-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Shaq will make Bron a better player. lol

TheDiggler
06-25-2009, 05:22 AM
I just hope Shaq stays healthy another season ...

JayW_1023
06-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Somewhere Kobe must be snickering , simply because LeBron now will get the whole 'can't win without Shaq' thing going.

Hilarious.

Rome
06-25-2009, 05:23 AM
Actually a smart move for Clevland IMO. They dump wallace and Pav for Shaq, who's 21 mill contract comes off the books next year.

Even if its not successful, its only for one season. Least they add a big name to go along with Lebron, despite his age, he can still contribute. Just hope he doesnt "attack" his former team, lol.

JayW_1023
06-25-2009, 05:29 AM
At least they got rid of that silly foul waiting to happen, Sasha Pavlovic.

I wonder how Shaq is gonna feel about playing alongside flop artiste extraordinaire, Anderson Varejao.

azkarraga
06-25-2009, 05:36 AM
i liked better the LBJ/Yao combination...

stawka
06-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Something tells me this trade won't pan out all that well for Cleveland. Shaq will clog up the lane alot and make it really tough for LeBron to get to the hoop. Big Z at least could space the floor with the perimeter shot.

There is always the injury question...just how effective is Shaq going to be at this stage of his career? Will he stay healthy. In my opinion, Cleveland is taking a huge gamble.

Shaq has a long line of playing with talented swingmen like Penny, Kobe and Flash. Now it's LeBron. So maybe he will exceed expectations.

You just contradicted yourself to the point where I suggest you edit your post. Shaq has always clogged up the line, OK. So how the hell did Penny/Kobe/Wade succeed. Don't look at Kobe now and see that most his points come off jumpshot's, he was a slasher back in the days too. Wade LIVED in the paint, yet managed to do extremely well with Shaq there and even managed to win a few Playoff games and EVEN a Finals series... With Shaq "clogging the lane".

It's not like he is 6 feet wide and literally occupies 3/4 of the paint, he is just a big man - doesn't necessarily mean he takes up the whole paint. LeBron will do fine, he won't be affected. If anything, his jumpshot will improve because he won't get to the rim every time.

JayW_1023
06-25-2009, 05:46 AM
You just contradicted yourself to the point where I suggest you edit your post. Shaq has always clogged up the line, OK. So how the hell did Penny/Kobe/Wade succeed. Don't look at Kobe now and see that most his points come off jumpshot's, he was a slasher back in the days too. Wade LIVED in the paint, yet managed to do extremely well with Shaq there and even managed to win a few Playoff games and EVEN a Finals series... With Shaq "clogging the lane".

It's not like he is 6 feet wide and literally occupies 3/4 of the paint, he is just a big man - doesn't necessarily mean he takes up the whole paint. LeBron will do fine, he won't be affected. If anything, his jumpshot will improve because he won't get to the rim every time.

How did I contradict myself? Penny, Kobe and Wade each were better jumpshooters when they played alongside Shaq than LeBron is now. They still had be played tight. There every bit reason to be sceptical about LeBron adjusting his game to play with Shaq.

LakersIn5
06-25-2009, 05:53 AM
shaq is one lucky guy, the only player to play with kobe,lebron and wade! still the cavs wont win it all, yes they will dominate this season like shaqs first season in miami but they will still come up short

LakerzDQ
06-25-2009, 06:24 AM
woah..

Lakers vs Cavs.
I definitely want to see that.

ElMarroAfamado
06-25-2009, 06:31 AM
the Suns just got that much more horrible...people dont understand how horrible the suns have become i mean look at their roster its full of bums
barnes, amundson, dudley....
i mean any team that has those 3 guys getting more than 10 mins a game aint going no where
now no shaq?

god forbid amare leaves because the suns will fade into obscurity

Denver-boy
06-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Shaq did it with Kobe and Wade.... Im hella Sure he can do it with Lebron James. This trade excites me. Last year for Lebron, and Shaq to get a RING.... this Makes them the Favorites already!

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Good trade for the cavs but.......What if LBJ doesn't win the title what will they say about him??? I mean Kobe+Shaq= 3 titles........Wade+Shaq=1 title.......now he really has to win people claim he's overrated(disagree) and overhyped(agreed but with good reason that he is) now so imagine if he can't win it with shaq like Kobe and Wade what then??? Im sure Cavs fans love this trade but better hope you win it all this year cause if not im starting to lean towards him bolting to another team in 2010 especially now that im sure every ESPN analyst will be trying to talk everyone into how the Cavs are the instant favorites now......sure we'll here about that for the whole year and if they lose in the playoffs they'll just claim shaq was too old or something anyway should be interesting

agoody117
06-25-2009, 07:46 AM
oh my...the media is going to gobble this one up....

cavs lakers is going to be shoved down our throats again and again and again.

FairWeatherFan?
06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
I have a funny feeling LeBron signs that extension now.

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 08:31 AM

Yes that is pretty funny!!:laugh::laugh:

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 08:32 AM

Welcome by the way!!!!

prodigy
06-25-2009, 08:33 AM
lebron cant win one without shaq. Thats all ill be saying if they win this year :d

cleveland just wants a championship, who cares how.

FairWeatherFan?
06-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Welcome by the way!!!!
Thanks

mitch91
06-25-2009, 08:49 AM
i dont get this at all for the suns.

all contracts must match, give or take some bucks, so why would the suns do this? do they need that few million from the lesser contracts of the cavs players?

can people see where im coming from?

and i read we might try and get t-mac brooks and landry for barbs and stat! so we trade one 20mil contract for nothing and then we give up are arguably best player for another expiring 20mil contract?

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 09:02 AM
i dont get this at all for the suns.

all contracts must match, give or take some bucks, so why would the suns do this? do they need that few million from the lesser contracts of the cavs players?

can people see where im coming from?

and i read we might try and get t-mac brooks and landry for barbs and stat! so we trade one 20mil contract for nothing and then we give up are arguably best player for another expiring 20mil contract?

Maybe just maybe their letting the Cavs think their giving them shaq and then in 2010 BOOM!!!:guns: they steal Lebron from the Cavs with all that cap room(just being sarcastic)........but boy id feel dumb if that happened:p

mitch91
06-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Maybe just maybe their letting the Cavs think their giving them shaq and then in 2010 BOOM!!!:guns: they steal Lebron from the Cavs with all that cap room(just being sarcastic)........but boy id feel dumb if that happened:p

I WISH!

though did you need to quote me to say that? btw awesome sig....even thought i like king james more the kobe, but i can apreiecate art when i see it

The ChILL
06-25-2009, 09:13 AM
I thought they should have done this trade at the deadline...

JIDsanity
06-25-2009, 09:20 AM
its over cavs win Championship next season.

arkanian215
06-25-2009, 09:47 AM
its over cavs win Championship next season.

they dump varejao. z is getting older and slower and so is shaq. shaq will start and z will fill in. it would be a very interesting duo since their games are quite different. they're both beastly though. does that mean they let varejao go? draft a pf? a ton comes off their books this season. hickson starts next to james?

prodigy
06-25-2009, 09:59 AM
they dump varejao. z is getting older and slower and so is shaq. shaq will start and z will fill in. it would be a very interesting duo since their games are quite different. they're both beastly though. does that mean they let varejao go? draft a pf? a ton comes off their books this season. hickson starts next to james?

All depends how much AV wants. I don't think cavs will go over 7.5mill for him. So either another trade, or a FA will play PF. JJ hickson is to young and samething with drafting a PF.

joe smith could be resigned. But not a starter.

#1Mavericksfan
06-25-2009, 10:11 AM
If you think the Espn love for Lebron and the Cavs was bad just wait because it's only gonna get worse now that they got Shaq for a bag of Doritos....I hope the Cavs don't think there a Shaq away from wining the title because the Suns thought the same thing and still couldn't beat the Spurs in the playoffs....I'm not watching Espn anymore untill the draft because there gonna keep d***riding Lebron and the Cavs.

ManRam
06-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I was really hoping this wouldn't happen. The only series (besides PHI), where Dwight was really effective, was the Cleveland series. He abused Z and their other big men. It wasn't fair. That mismatch (and the inconsistency of Mo and Delonte) is why we won. I think Shaq obviously can do a much better job on Howard than Z. Our biggest mismatch is now no more.

Dwight really is going to have to work this off-season. Now that Cleveland has a big man who can guard him, and if Boston has a healthy KG, he can't allow either Perk or Shaq stop him. Perk shut him down. If that happens next year, we're not winning that series. He's going to be the key next year.

MagicDojo
06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I bet Shaq hasn't run anywhere since the Suns got bounced (except to the Hoagie store). He will have gained 40 in the off season like he did every year and will have to be very motivated to get back in shape. Heck the Suns even rested him in back to back games last season when he was having his "fountain of youth year" and now he is a year older with several months off.

I wonder if there is room for his ego or if he will destroy the team chemistry.

As a Magic fan I am thrilled that they took this tact. Shaq cannot keep up with Dwight and he got so tired of getting beat last season he started flopping against him. Shaq does not get back on D against him because Dwight sprints back every time.

The Magic and the Lakers played just about every other day in a playoff game for six weeks to get to the finals. I do not think Shaq has this left in the tank either. Yet the ring talk starts already fresh on the heels of a 3rd round loss. What the Cavs need is not Shaq but a go to scorer in the final 2 minutes other thatn LBJ. Everybody in the building knows he is going 4on 1 at the end of games.

PS: Shaq ruined the Suns fast break attack: if the Cavs steal and get a fast break you will see Shaq walking down the court while 4 other players sprint.

effen5
06-25-2009, 10:20 AM
So is Shaq sitting the first half of the season and playing the second half? How is this going to work....I mean Shaq played decent last year but hes now a year older, and a slower, so Im not sure how this will work out.

Vee-Rex
06-25-2009, 10:32 AM
lol at people who think Shaq will clog the lane and cause trouble for Lebron.

It doesn't matter who's in the lane, Lebron will come through with force. All Orlando did was clog the lane because Mo, Delonte, and Z weren't hitting shots. If the best big defender in the league along with a thousand other magic defenders clogging the lane couldn't stop LBJ, what makes you think Shaq will cause an issue with his defender? Shaq will just provide a helluva target for LBJ to dish the rock to instead of being forced into trying to find an open man at the 3-point line.

I see MANY dunks for Shaq this season. LBJ and Shaq will be a deadly combination.

The key is staying healthy for every team. If Orlando, Boston, and Cleveland all stay healthy, they'll dominate the east again.

Lo Porto
06-25-2009, 10:33 AM
If you're a Cavs fan, you have to be split on this trade. The trade makes you one of the top 3 favorites for next year (Cavs, LA and SA). There is a good chance they win the title next year.

But the future looks bleak. After next season, the Cavs have Mo, Delonte, Gibson and Hickson to put next to LeBron. Why would he come back? Are they really banking on Bosh or Amare passing on a big market to come be his Batman's Robin? This trade puts everything in place for the Cavs to have one more year at it. If you're a Knicks fan, you have to love this deal because LeBron will have more reasons to go to NY (Chandler, Lee, Gallinari, #8, another big free agent, the huge market, etc.) than he will to stay in Cleveland.

ink
06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't see how Shaq is the answer for Cleveland. Just retire Big Salary Cap Hit.

Wilson
06-25-2009, 11:00 AM
This doesn't make sense to me. I've read that Cleveland wanted Shaq to deal with Dwight Howard. That makes no sense.

Dwight didn't beat Cleveland by having superior offensive ability, he did it by beating them down the court. Shaq isn't going to match Dwight step for step.

I also read that Cleveland may have had a shot at Tyson Chandler, that would have made so much more sense. The Lakers defended Dwight with Pau and help, Chandler would eat him up. Bad move Cleveland.

Ace33Bone
06-25-2009, 11:06 AM
what will happen to Z?

I think Shaq and Z can coexist... Shaq is probably only going to play every other game and Z stays banged up as well. Z will just have to be content with coming off the bench in the playoffs.

I like the move Cavs the 2010 ring is looking like it is coming into our grasp

Vee-Rex
06-25-2009, 11:08 AM
This doesn't make sense to me. I've read that Cleveland wanted Shaq to deal with Dwight Howard. That makes no sense.

Dwight didn't beat Cleveland by having superior offensive ability, he did it by beating them down the court. Shaq isn't going to match Dwight step for step.

I also read that Cleveland may have had a shot at Tyson Chandler, that would have made so much more sense. The Lakers defended Dwight with Pau and help, Chandler would eat him up. Bad move Cleveland.

They would have gotten Tyson Chandler but he has 2 years left on his contract, whereas Shaq has an expiring.

Cleveland want to have more money for 2010. Makes sense.

Lakers4ItAll
06-25-2009, 11:25 AM

HAHAHAHA Yep!

ottograham14
06-25-2009, 11:25 AM
I think Shaq and Z can coexist... Shaq is probably only going to play every other game and Z stays banged up as well. Z will just have to be content with coming off the bench in the playoffs.

I like the move Cavs the 2010 ring is looking like it is coming into our grasp

The Cavaliers trade for Shaquille O'Neal means that incumbent starter Zydrunas Ilgauskas will move to a bench role for the first time in a decade.

Beat writer Brian Windhorst notes that the Cavaliers discussed this possibility with Ilgauskas months ago, and the lumbering veteran isn't one to cause problems. Shaq and Z will likely end up splitting minutes, which is good for the Cavaliers but very bad for their fading fantasy value.

www.rotoworld.com

Cavs did not trade for Shaq to play everyday. Yea it would be smart to sit him a couple games during season which most likely they will do since they have and experienced back-up in Z. And of course Z will be okay with coming off the bench. All he wants is a ring and he knows he is getting older and slower. He is the appitimy of a good teammate that will do whatever he is asked to to better his team.

ottograham14
06-25-2009, 11:29 AM
If you're a Cavs fan, you have to be split on this trade. The trade makes you one of the top 3 favorites for next year (Cavs, LA and SA). There is a good chance they win the title next year.

But the future looks bleak. After next season, the Cavs have Mo, Delonte, Gibson and Hickson to put next to LeBron. Why would he come back? Are they really banking on Bosh or Amare passing on a big market to come be his Batman's Robin? This trade puts everything in place for the Cavs to have one more year at it. If you're a Knicks fan, you have to love this deal because LeBron will have more reasons to go to NY (Chandler, Lee, Gallinari, #8, another big free agent, the huge market, etc.) than he will to stay in Cleveland.

Another Knicks fan. I dont know if you people realize this but when the 2010 summer begins the Cavs will be in excellent condition to offer Lebron a max contract as well as another big player if they wanted to. The Shaq deal is good financially wise due to the fact that he has 21 million coming off the books. As well as Z's 11 million where he will probably retire next season. Yes that will live a hole up front but they have a lot of money to sign free agents just like New York. Also are the Knicks even going to have Lee this year. Heard he is getting signed and traded this off-season. What will the Knicks have Gallinari, #8 this year, probably another lottery pick next year. Have fun going to NY if you want to rebuild along a lot of rookies Lebron if you do leave.

CTown81
06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
1) This trade is GREAT for Cle. We gave up nothing for a 15 time all star who is coming off a 75 games played, 17 ppg, 8-9 rpg season.

2) Even if Ben Wallace retired and the Cavs kept him and bought him out. They could do nothing with the saved money as they were so far over the cap.

3) If Shaq isnt working out that is a 20 million dollar expiring contract to work with in Feb.

4) If Shaq does work out he comes off the books time for the summer of 2010. The Cavs will be way under the cap at that point and will be able to sign a player to max contract and resign Lebron to a max contract under the bird rights while still having Mo, Delonte, and Darnell Jackson around. Also if Shaq wants to stick around we would have his bird rights too if he would sign for a reasonable contract for 1-2 yrs.

5) Cavs still have the mid-level and bi-annual exceptions this year to sign some free agent talent.

All in all I think its a great deal and a good start to the offseason. Not alone gonna put us over the top but a good first step.

Also to those who think Lebron is leaving for New York. Im sorry but you are just wrong.

1) Lebron doesn't need NY to make tons of money, have huge endorsement deals, etc, etc.

2) Lebron doesn't want to be hanging at the 40/40 club with JayZ everynight. He is more of a family man and homebody then any of you think he is. He is very content with his fame and ability to retreat from the cameras at his gigantic mansion in CLE.

3) Lebron owns the city of CLE. He is the city. He would not be that in NY.

4) With the new Chinese ownership stake in the Cavs Lebron will now have more endorsement possibility overseas then he ever would by going to NY and maybe landing one more big US deal. Enforces my first point.

5) David Stern does not need Lebron in NY. Lebron is on national TV 20 times a year in CLE and all the advertisers still line up. Stern needs to keep Lebron in CLE so that the CLE market is stronger then it ever has been. Stern needs one or two of the other big name free agents to go to NY in 2010so that the NY market is relevant again while keeping the CLE market way above what it should be.

6) Everyone underestimates what Daniel Gilbert (Cavs Owner) has built in CLE. Everything is first class. The facilities, the arena, the in game experience etc etc. Playing for the Cavs is like playing for the Mavericks in that regard except Gilbert isnt in the news every week like Cuban. Also Gilbert wants to win multiple championships and create his own basketball town. Lebron can be apart of that and write his own story. Not go and be apart of the NY bball lore.

Whether the Cavs win the title this year or not mark my words Lebron and Bosh will be Cavs in 2010.

Lo Porto
06-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Another Knicks fan. I dont know if you people realize this but when the 2010 summer begins the Cavs will be in excellent condition to offer Lebron a max contract as well as another big player if they wanted to. The Shaq deal is good financially wise due to the fact that he has 21 million coming off the books. As well as Z's 11 million where he will probably retire next season. Yes that will live a hole up front but they have a lot of money to sign free agents just like New York. Also are the Knicks even going to have Lee this year. Heard he is getting signed and traded this off-season. What will the Knicks have Gallinari, #8 this year, probably another lottery pick next year. Have fun going to NY if you want to rebuild along a lot of rookies Lebron if you do leave.

If you're LeBron, do you stay in a small market to play with Mo, Delonte, Gibson and a big free agent or go to the biggest market to play with Gallinari, Chandler, Lee, #8 and a big free agent? NY's sorrounding cast is better than Mo, Delonte and Gibson. That is obvious. Plus, would Bosh or Amare rather go to Cleveland and be 2nd fiddle or start something new in NY where they are both new and important?

DCB/LAL
06-25-2009, 11:47 AM
If you're LeBron, do you stay in a small market to play with Mo, Delonte, Gibson and a big free agent or go to the biggest market to play with Gallinari, Chandler, Lee, #8 and a big free agent? NY's sorrounding cast is better than Mo, Delonte and Gibson. That is obvious. Plus, would Bosh or Amare rather go to Cleveland and be 2nd fiddle or start something new in NY where they are both new and important?

Id stay in Cleveland!:)

dre1990
06-25-2009, 11:58 AM
is pavlovic and wallace going to be bought out???whats going on there??

Wallace will retite, and Palovic wil be bought out IMO

tr4shb0t
06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Now the Cavs have 2 players that only know how to dunk...lol

Industry
06-25-2009, 12:17 PM
You people lol..... Wait until Cleveland has a bad stretch (and they will....a lot of bad stretches) and Shaq starts complaining out "not letting the big dog eat" and Lebron's ego not wanting to let Shaq take over HIS locker room. How do you think Lebron's biggest cheerleader (his coach) is gonna be received by Shaq when he doesn't kiss Shaq's *** enough? And this is just from a non basketball level....

These are the SAME arguments that people made when he went to Phoenix (The Suns got rid of that overrated Marion so now we got a defender down low to give us a playoff inside presence!") and what happened.....they got bounced in the first round one season and didn't make the playoffs the next.

Cleveland will be lucky to make it out of the second round of the EC Playoffs next year with Shaq inside. The Cavs didn't lose to Orlando because of lack of post defense, they lost because of lack of defense on the pick and roll so now do you think that Shaq is going to make that aspect WORSE or BETTER?

One thing that they DO get better at is having a low post offensive presence, but then again, this will dry up LBJ assist numbers (no more of that holding on to the ball until 3 seconds left in the shot clock to force a team mate to shoot the ball and get his assist numbers) Now a good 7 to 8 seconds of the possession will be eaten up by Shaq trying to establish position down low....the egos are the bigger story here....

lol at people who think Shaq will clog the lane and cause trouble for Lebron.

It doesn't matter who's in the lane, Lebron will come through with force. All Orlando did was clog the lane because Mo, Delonte, and Z weren't hitting shots. If the best big defender in the league along with a thousand other magic defenders clogging the lane couldn't stop LBJ, what makes you think Shaq will cause an issue with his defender? Shaq will just provide a helluva target for LBJ to dish the rock to instead of being forced into trying to find an open man at the 3-point line.

I see MANY dunks for Shaq this season. LBJ and Shaq will be a deadly combination.

The key is staying healthy for every team. If Orlando, Boston, and Cleveland all stay healthy, they'll dominate the east again.

ottograham14
06-25-2009, 12:17 PM

This just gets better and better. How do you still think that the Knicks are going to have Lee after 2010. There is already talk that he is going to be in a sign and trade this off-season because New York does not want to keep his contract. Ok so that gives you:

Curry (No one is going to take on his contract especially when he has a player option for this year and next year for 11 million. I wonder if he will take that............um yeah)

Gallinari (Better learn how to stay healthy and still probably 4 years away like a Bargnani player)

Chandler (Decent player, like 14 and 5 last year. Oh wait doesn't he play the same position as Lebron. Guess you can move him to the 2 at 6'8)

Jeffries (5ppg and 4rpg. Oh wait what does he play too. I guess you can put him on the bench with Lebron at 3, Chandler at 2, Curry at the 5, and Gallinari at the 4)

That is all the players that the Knicks have on the roster in 2010. Now yes they can add another big free agent besides Lebron in 2010 but they still dont have anything around that. Oh yes they have a lottery pick this year that they will most likely spend on a PG or Jordan Hill at PF so that does answer the 4 and 1 question. But still they will be 2 year players not proven vets. Next year they will have another lottery pick probably but once again, that will be a rookie.

Cleveland would have:

Mo Williams (All-star player that Lebron has close relationship with)
Delonte West
Daniel Gibson (Lebron's best friend on team, that is why Clev. signed him for long)
JJ Hickson
Darnell Jackson

Still though Cleveland will be at 18 million cap wise if everything stays the same as of right now and look at that..........New York would be at 18 million too. So I guess Lebron would want to leave Cleveland where he owns the city and could stay with his friends and add another star to go to New York where he would get criticized for everything that he does by the media. Sounds good to me. I guess good bye Bron.

Vee-Rex
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Industry,

The difference between Phoenix and Cleveland is the Suns are a run-n-gun team. Cleveland is primarily a half-court offense. Shaq didn't fit well into the Suns overall scheme.

As for Shaq's ego, who knows how that will go? Shaq and LBJ are really good friends. I doubt Shaq is expecting to be the number 1 man in Cleveland.

The main thing you don't seem to be able to comprehend is... if Shaq doesn't work out, Cleveland only lost Sasha and Ben. Who cares? It's worth the shot. I can see if we traded Mo or Delonte, then you'd have a point. We gave up a couple of bums and a low round pick for someone that could potentially turn us into champions (who has an expiring contract ANYWAY so we won't be stuck with Shaq if things don't work out). Bad stretch or not, we gave up practically nothing. If you think that's a terrible deal then you need to learn a bit more about basketball.

The pick-n-roll was a problem but our biggest issue was having a low post scorer. Shaq fills in more than just one need. And it's also no guarantee that we'll even see Orlando in the playoffs anyway (a healthy Boston would have smashed them in the playoffs).

J-Relo
06-25-2009, 12:35 PM
If you think the Espn love for Lebron and the Cavs was bad just wait because it's only gonna get worse now that they got Shaq for a bag of Doritos....I hope the Cavs don't think there a Shaq away from wining the title because the Suns thought the same thing and still couldn't beat the Spurs in the playoffs....I'm not watching Espn anymore untill the draft because there gonna keep d***riding Lebron and the Cavs.

(Suns/ Cavs)

actually those are totally different playing systems.... so camparing them don't make much sense

Southsideheat
06-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Bron still needs a shooter.

IBleedPurple
06-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't think Cleveland will have as impressive of a regular season this year. As for the playoffs, should be about the same. I think Cleveland had better options out there

Lo Porto
06-25-2009, 12:50 PM
This just gets better and better. How do you still think that the Knicks are going to have Lee after 2010. There is already talk that he is going to be in a sign and trade this off-season because New York does not want to keep his contract. Ok so that gives you:

Curry (No one is going to take on his contract especially when he has a player option for this year and next year for 11 million. I wonder if he will take that............um yeah)

Gallinari (Better learn how to stay healthy and still probably 4 years away like a Bargnani player)

Chandler (Decent player, like 14 and 5 last year. Oh wait doesn't he play the same position as Lebron. Guess you can move him to the 2 at 6'8)

Jeffries (5ppg and 4rpg. Oh wait what does he play too. I guess you can put him on the bench with Lebron at 3, Chandler at 2, Curry at the 5, and Gallinari at the 4)

That is all the players that the Knicks have on the roster in 2010. Now yes they can add another big free agent besides Lebron in 2010 but they still dont have anything around that. Oh yes they have a lottery pick this year that they will most likely spend on a PG or Jordan Hill at PF so that does answer the 4 and 1 question. But still they will be 2 year players not proven vets. Next year they will have another lottery pick probably but once again, that will be a rookie.

Cleveland would have:

Mo Williams (All-star player that Lebron has close relationship with)
Delonte West
Daniel Gibson (Lebron's best friend on team, that is why Clev. signed him for long)
JJ Hickson
Darnell Jackson

Still though Cleveland will be at 18 million cap wise if everything stays the same as of right now and look at that..........New York would be at 18 million too. So I guess Lebron would want to leave Cleveland where he owns the city and could stay with his friends and add another star to go to New York where he would get criticized for everything that he does by the media. Sounds good to me. I guess good bye Bron.

The Knicks will find a way to dump Jeffries, Curry or both prior to the free agent bidding in 2010. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he chooses the Knicks, but I do think the Shaq trade should make the Knick fans happy. Think about it - if the Cavs win the title, what does LeBron need to go back to Cleveland for? If the Cavs don't win the title, Cleveland has done pretty much everything to win a title and it hasn't happened and both bigs are done. I think the Cavs should have tried to get Jefferson, Vince, Amare or Bosh instead of Shaq. Shaq is a bandaid that might not stop what Cav fans are so scared of...

CTown81
06-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Anyone who posted any of the follow are complete idiots.

1) There was better options out there for CLE. WRONG. Not for Ben Wallace and Sasha and was an expiring contract and was a big man. Idiots
2) Shaq will complain about not getting touches. WRONG. Idiots
3) This isnt enough to the Cavs to be favorites. No SH&% morons... they arent done yet. Step 1 this offseason.

Idiots, idiots, idiots....

Chronz
06-25-2009, 01:29 PM

Dear god man I wasnt expecting this from you of all people, didnt you see Wade thrive like no other player has ever thrived in an NBA finals in large part due to the absurd attention Shaq received from the Mavs.

Chronz
06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
How did I contradict myself? Penny, Kobe and Wade each were better jumpshooters when they played alongside Shaq than LeBron is now. They still had be played tight. There every bit reason to be sceptical about LeBron adjusting his game to play with Shaq.

LOL No they werent, Bron has more range and consistency with his jumper than any of those guys outside of Kobe.

prodigy
06-25-2009, 01:32 PM

Hey I got a question.

In 2010, can the cavs sign a big FA first, So then if they go over the cap, they can still resign lebron with the bird rights?