PDA

View Full Version : So the wizards finished dead last in the ....

Frank Costanza
06-24-2009, 11:06 AM
finshed dead last in the east, everyone thought theyd get the number 1 pick and get girffen. they dont win the lottery get the number 5 pick and trade it for randy foye and mike miller, and ppl have them to finish top 4 in the east.

Give me a break

what a waste

NYsportsGuru
06-24-2009, 11:10 AM
finshed dead last in the east, everyone thought theyd get the number 1 pick and get girffen. they dont win the lottery get the number 5 pick and trade it for randy foye and mike miller, and ppl have them to finish top 4 in the east.

Give me a break

what a waste

Did you forget about a man that calls himself Agent 0?

clutchski
06-24-2009, 11:12 AM
It's a bit like the Clippers picking up Griffin and some people thinking they will turn from being the worst in the NBA to making the playoffs.

Ron_Mexico
06-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Why is this so far fetched? The Wizards were a 5 seed two years ago when healthy with less talent than they have now. If Gilbert comes back healthy, there's no reason why they can't be a 4 or 5 seed this year.

kbaxter34
06-24-2009, 11:18 AM
When the big three are healthy they are at least the 5th best team in the east. Why is it so hard to see them finish in the top 4 in the east. You can argue that only Boston has a better starting 5 then them in the East
Arenas
Foye
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

NYsportsGuru
06-24-2009, 11:20 AM
When the big three are healthy they are at least the 5th best team in the east. Why is it so hard to see them finish in the top 4 in the east. You can argue that only Boston has a better starting 5 then them in the East
Arenas
Foye
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

As well as Orlando.

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Give me a break

what a waste

wow um... quit hating?

Arenas is back.

Foye is a legit combo guard.

Mike Miller has deadly range.

oh yeah...

Caron Butler is an Allstar.

Antawn Jamison is an Allstar.

The also have young talent in Nick Young, Javale McGee and Crittendon

If they all stay healthy i see no reason why they dont finish in the top 4 in the East.

and ****, i dont even like the wizards and i have no reason to defend them, but i hate ignorance even more...

kbaxter34
06-24-2009, 11:31 AM
As well as Orlando.

like I said, you can argue. I still think the Wiz have a better starting 5 then Orlando
Arenas > Nelson
Foye > Pietrus
Butler > Lewis
Jamison > Turkoglu
Haywood < Howard

JOSKOMANG4
06-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Not so sure about Top-4 in the league.. but they will be in playoff contention.. at most.. a possible 7-8 seed.

AIsixersFK
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
1) No one thinks the Clippers will be good BECAUSE of the addition of Blake Griffin. Everyone who watches basketball knows that it takes 2-3 seasons for a big man to come into his grove. If the Clippers become good, it's because they finally worked out their chemistry and players like Thorton and Gordon develop to become really good players. Honestly injuries were a main reason they underachieved last year. A lineup of

pg: Davis (if he goes back to what he once was)
sg: Gordon
sf: Thorton
pf: Randolph
C: Camby/Kaman
6th Man: Griffin

Scary

2) The Wizards didn't have their floor general all of last season that is why they underachived. It was a weak draft and draft for point guards anyways. They have many many guards so I guess they felt they didn't need it, got rid of bum players and got a former top lottery pick who if develops into the player he was supposed to be can be a star. On paper
Arenas
Foye
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

That looks good. Plus you got a guy on the bench who can give you an added 3 point threat and 15ppg. I'd love this dude on my team.

Frank Costanza
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
i saw ppl in the threads calling them title contenders, check out the threads if you dont belive frank costanza, check out anytthing with wiz trade number 5 pick, that is what drove me to the thread idea not hating on DC you guys are a solid east playoff team,

Mile High Champ
06-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Arenas is just plain terrible, he is taking the wizards no where but down..

Tom2634
06-24-2009, 03:52 PM
like I said, you can argue. I still think the Wiz have a better starting 5 then Orlando
Arenas > Nelson
Foye > Pietrus
Butler > Lewis
Jamison > Turkoglu
Haywood < Howard

Coming from a Twolves fan, I don't think Foye>Pietrus. It might be close to =, but i'd take Pietrus for sure for his defense, energy, height advantage, and athleticism.

masalex1205
06-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Arenas is just plain terrible, he is taking the wizards no where but down..

Im disagree. It's just his contract this is killing that organization.

randomness
06-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Arenas > Nelson
Foye > Pietrus
Butler > Lewis
Jamison > Turkoglu
Haywood < Howard

I gotta go with:

Arenas > Nelson
Foye = Pietrus
Butler < Lewis
Jamison > Turkoglu
Haywood < Howard

bogdanrom
06-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Listen, there's almost no way we are going to be TITLE contenders next year.But most people believe we will be contenders in the EAST. That means top 4-5 teams. And if you think that if healthy the Wiz can't do that you're stupid.