PDA

View Full Version : stop sleeping

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 07:48 AM
I have been looking at a list of guys who are proven that are free agents some "so called" washed up and i think that these guys should be getting worked out and thought of being signed and heres the list and where do you think they would be a good fit?

Allen Iverson
Antoine Walker
Steve Francis
Jason Williams
Stephon Marbury

if you have any others please add them and where you think they would fit in and contribute =D thankyou

ttam68
06-24-2009, 09:17 AM
AI would be good for one year, but he ruins chemistry and demands a start. Theres really no team thatd I'd sign him to if I were GM. Unless someone like Milwaukee or Charlotte really need the fans, but long-term he's bad for a young team.

Toine is done. In 06 for the champion Heat he was already an overweight chucker, can only imagine now.

Franchise is done. He lost his athleticism and, like Iverson, he's a guy that needs the ball and a lot of shots to be effective. At his age, with his injury history, he's not worth it.

JWill retired. He signed with the Clips and could def still play but he didn't want to and never actually suited up this year.

Marbury will be signed somewhere. Its not like people aren't aware of him. He behaved in Boston and I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned but teams are waiting to see how trades and the draft work out before worrying about a minimum contract vet bench warmer.

Trouble87
06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Stevie Franchise is done

Antoine Walker might be good in a reserve role with a young team

Jason Williams tried to comeback last year but he didnt get permission from the league to come out of retirement. He's done

Stephon Marbury will get a job somewhere but I doubt he makes a impact

AI still has a few years left IMO... he can make a decent run at a championship if he learns to take on a reserve roll

NYsportsGuru
06-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Allen Iverson is really the only player on that list that can still make an impact on a team.
I'm just not sure if any contenders would be interested in him.

bostncelts34
06-24-2009, 12:21 PM
The rumor is antoine is in the best shape he has been in years.

There were "reports" he might come back to boston as a back up big that we desperately need.

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 12:23 PM
i heard about the antoine walker thing but i didnt wanna say it without a source...knowing antoine he is a great scorer he just hit a rough patch and was out of shape...but to say he isnt worthy at all is crazy...if you have watched basketball long enough you would know hes not a bad ball player...and jason williams is going to try and come back as well...hes a good decision maker and him and antoine are proven winners they both have a title(together)...the whole iverson thing....someone who desperately needs a couple extra wins should just let him go to work he can still score 25 a night!

fresh prince
06-24-2009, 01:00 PM
The rumor is antoine is in the best shape he has been in years.

There were "reports" he might come back to boston as a back up big that we desperately need.

:confused:

Antoine Walker has no big man skills. He sucks at everything you want in a big man.

Rebounding - He sucks at it
Defense - He really sucks at it
Shot Blocking - Really sucks at it
Hustling - Sucks at it
Low Post Game - Meh maybe his best asset but still below average since he would rather hoist up 25 footers

Good luck with that

fresh prince
06-24-2009, 01:02 PM
..if you have watched basketball long enough you would know hes not a bad ball player...and jason williams is going to try and come back as well...hes a good decision maker and him and antoine are proven winners they both have a title(together)...the whole iverson thing....someone who desperately needs a couple extra wins should just let him go to work he can still score 25 a night!

WTF?

A Title at What? Did they buy a rental property or a car together?

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 01:05 PM
WTF?

A Title at What? Did they buy a rental property or a car together?

jason williams and antoine walker have a championship ring both of them....and were big parts of that 2006 miami team...experience!! your not high? dont say that lol relaxxx man just basketball

fresh prince
06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Hahhaha..Good call.. My bad. I actually blocked that Heat championship out of my mind.

But you are right. Toine actually played ok in that Finals too

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Hahhaha..Good call.. My bad. I actually blocked that Heat championship out of my mind.

its all good bro..... =D u watch fresh prince haha i havent seen that inna while im about to find it on tv ...you should see my thread thing on nj getting rubio and rondo together there killing me!

J-Relo
06-24-2009, 01:18 PM
I see only AI making an actual impact in some team's game

ttam68
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM

He shot 39% but yeah, he was a big part of that team.

Looking back, does anyone know why Posey got benched for Toine in the playoffs after starting the regular season?

fresh prince
06-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Isn't 39% good for Toine?

I'm guessing 83.6% of those shots were 3's so 39% is actually ok

fresh prince
06-24-2009, 01:33 PM
its all good bro..... =D u watch fresh prince haha i havent seen that inna while im about to find it on tv ...you should see my thread thing on nj getting rubio and rondo together there killing me!

Top 5 shows of all time! Its always on Nick at Nite

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Top 5 shows of all time! Its always on Nick at Nite

haha im watchin it tonight goodl ooking out

ttam68
06-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Isn't 39% good for Toine?

I'm guessing 83.6% of those shots were 3's so 39% is actually ok

24-50 from 2, 10-37 from 3. So, 42.5% of his shots were 3's. And he hit threes at only 27%. TS% of 45% in the finals.

Safe to say that 3 years later he's garbage.

fresh prince
06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
24-50 from 2, 10-37 from 3. So, 42.5% of his shots were 3's. And he hit threes at only 27%. TS% of 45% in the finals.

Safe to say that 3 years later he's garbage.

Yup!

zambo4president
06-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Ivy is legit, but the rest not so much.