PDA

View Full Version : Seeds after trades

WoodbridgeSkins
06-24-2009, 04:38 AM
What would you seed the two teams who were already playoff teams after the big trades.

SA with Jefferson?

DC with Foye and Miller? Playoff team when healthy.

I'd say SA is 1-3 in the west and DC is 1-4 in the east.

kblo247
06-24-2009, 04:45 AM
San Antonio will be the #3 seed and Washington will be #4 IMO

I say that because of the fact that Manu, Tony, Tim, Caron, Gilbert, and Miller are not known for staying healthy throughout the season.

I think LA is better than them as they will manage their minutes and rotations wisely till they get to the postseason and they understand the importance of home court. I also think that Denver will be the ahead of them as they will probably have a chip on their shoulder with something to prove.

Plus I think the East's big 3 will remain the same just with
1 - Orlando (we want home court them for the year)
2 - Boston
3 - Cleveland

Kobedidit2009
06-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Well San antonio definitely became better because Richard Jefferson is a proven player and has the potential to be an all star and seems to be at the top of the west now the only team that clearly is ahead of them is the lakers because of the big 4 of odom,bynum,gasol,bryant and the newly built chemistry. The Wizards have elevated themselves so much after this disapointing season because now they can go as far as starting in my opinion Arenas as the point guard,mike miller at the shooting guard,caron at small forward,antawn at pf and brendan at c which is a threat to anyone in the east especially with all of the talent in there and their bench can be highly productive with young,blatche,mike james (i think hes staying with them),foye and crittenton. The wizards to me have the firepower to defeat cleveland,boston anyone in the east at this point now...and with flip saunders are their coach its going to be hard to matchup with them and there explosiveness this season to them was a joke and will be soon forgotten. The timberwolves trade to me is a good idea because having 5th and 6th pick can make a certain team want to trade you an all star player for those picks and although i kno minnesota is looking to stay young someone like tmac could be theres if they tried to persuade Houston with picks and a talent,so the winner here is washington. Because they put themselves from a bad season into title contention regardless of what anyone says their dangerous...and san antonio has improved but they always have had a balanced attack so rj isnt the perfect fit for them because he plays better when he is the offense

LakersIn5
06-24-2009, 07:45 AM
healthy spurs = no.2 . spurs >> nuggets. spurs werent healthy last season and yet they almost got the no.2 seed

dee279
06-24-2009, 08:07 AM
San Antonio IMO will be better then the Lakers unless Bynum comes back fully healthy next season and stays healthy. The wizards trade took the Ginobili rumor out most likely so the new big 4 will stay in tact in san antonio. Richard Jefferson is a good offensive player but a really good defensive player and that is San Antonio's game. I would actually choose Ginobili, Timmy, Jefferson, and Tony Parker over Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and odom. But the Lakers have better role player unless they lose Ariza. Roger Mason will maybe even be better this upcoming season. The Wizards mos def got an upgrade but they have to play better defense imo but they will most likely get an high seed if they can gain chemistry. Too many shooters not to be able to do somthing tho.

JaySmoke
06-24-2009, 08:45 AM
how do u come up with wizards being 1-4 in the east?
they have the same team. just because they added foye and miller they are now top 4?
no.. when they had a healthy team they got the 8th seed two.. i still think they are in the 6-8 seed no way 1-4

ttam68
06-24-2009, 09:07 AM
how do u come up with wizards being 1-4 in the east?
they have the same team. just because they added foye and miller they are now top 4?
no.. when they had a healthy team they got the 8th seed two.. i still think they are in the 6-8 seed no way 1-4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_Playoffs#.284.29_Cleveland_Cavaliers_vs._ .285.29_Washington_Wizards

When they were healthy (star player not out for the entire season) they were the 5th seed and took Cleveland 6 games. Now they have more young talent and their vets aren't really on the decline yet.

I see the Wizards as a 5th seed in the east. The obvious teams ahead of them are Boston, Cleveland, and the Magic but I also expect either the Sixers, Hawks, or Heat to beat them in regular season wins. Theres just too many questions with chemistry and Gil's health for me to believe they'll outplay all 3 of those young up and coming teams.

The Spurs tied for the 2nd - 4th seed and were only one game ahead of Houston at 5th.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

But, Manu was out half the year and they had a very slow start (5-9 through 14 games). I think the Spurs still lack depth and youth, but if they pull another trade or sign some young guys they could be a lot better.

I see SA as 4th behind LA, Denver, and Houston until they do something else. Too many worn out old vets and injury risks.

RaysFan
06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Top-5 in the East
1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Washington
5. Atlanta

Top-5 in the West
1. San Antonio
2. L.A. Lakers
3. Houston
4. Denver
5. Portland

Pierzynski4Prez
06-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow, I didn't know that adding Mike Miller and Randy Foye turned you from a bottom feeder into a top 4 team in the east.

I wouldn't go putting Washington anywhere in the top 6 in the east until they've atleast played a few games. Damn, this is a team that didn't even win 20 games last year. Yes, Arenas was out, but how can you be so sure that he will be at the top form.

Sly Guy
06-24-2009, 10:52 AM
I see washington closer to 8 then 4, to be honest.

mgsports
06-24-2009, 11:36 AM
They could be more big name Stars being Trade like Vince Carter,Kirk H.Amare,Shaq,Nash,TMAC,Allen,Rondo and so on so others Teams might get better.

The Lakers aren't better if they lose both Odom and Ariza.