PDA

View Full Version : With the 21st pick, Hornets looking at PG/PF

BIGBREED
06-24-2009, 12:29 AM
On sportstalk radio WWL-870am in New Orleans, Coach Scott gave a hint on what positions the Hornets were looking at in the Draft on Thursday nite. Scott said that the Hornets are looking at only two(2) positions, which are PG and PF position. Scott said that "CP3 needs a backup that can relieve him in games and keep up the tempo while in the game" Scott said We need a backup for David West. We need some one that can spell Dwest some games bcuz Dwest played alot of mins. this past season and it wore him down! Scott said that no matter what happens, if they take a PF or PG, they will be getting a really good player that will fill a need. If they DRAFT a PG, Scott said that they will sign PF thats a freeagent or if they DRAFT a PF, they will have to sign in a PG. But, we will address those two(2) positions!
Coach Scott talked about Tyler Hansbrough/ DeJuan Blair at PF position and Darren Collison/ Eric Maynor at PG position

**Scott said that he really liked PF- Tyler Hansbrough, but he didn't think that he would still be there when they would pick at 21

WIT(what I'm thinking)
I think that the Hornets will do a draft day trade...

Patrick Swayze
06-24-2009, 01:24 AM
I'd be greatly upset if the Hornets took Hansbrough.

tland22
06-24-2009, 11:34 AM
I wish we could get Psycho T...i bet he turns out to be solid. But i doubt he will still be there on the board. That kid has a huge chip on his shoulder if anyone has been reading his interviews. That "chip" is a HUGE plus for any team that gets him.

Blair from Pitt is only 6-6 in stockings....what can we do with a 6-6 PF? He was good in college but that is college. He will be playing MEN in the NBA he cant guard anybody in the NBA.

Patrick Swayze
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Who is Psycho T?

I'd love Blair! I still would rather have them take a point guard or a SG/SF like Budinger. I'm finally over Mullens because he won't make it past the Pistons.

Maybe Harden or Hill will fall to us.:p

BIGBREED
06-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Who is Psycho T?

I'd love Blair! I still would rather have them take a point guard or a SG/SF like Budinger. I'm finally over Mullens because he won't make it past the Pistons.

Maybe Harden or Hill will fall to us.:p

DeJuan Blair has really bad knees...

BIGBREED
06-24-2009, 01:48 PM
I think that the Hornets will try and trade Chandler, mo pete, or peja on draft day

Flash812
06-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I am really wanting them to take Wayne Ellington, I really think his game could fit in well with the team we have. If Pargo is going to be signed it would be a good pick but if Pargo is not signed then backup PG is definately going to be the pick. There really any good PF's to get at the 21rst pick, would have to trade up for that.

Vinny642
06-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Im hoping we get someone athletic like a SG/SF

tland22
06-24-2009, 05:23 PM
r u kidding? Psycho T is .... Tyler Hans man.... dont you watch college ball

tland22
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I am hoping we hop on SAM YOUNG or Terrance Williams or Psycho T, or Chase Buddinger

tland22
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
and of course... Marcus Thornton :) haha no doubt

BIGBREED
06-24-2009, 10:20 PM
I am really wanting them to take Wayne Ellington, I really think his game could fit in well with the team we have. If Pargo is going to be signed it would be a good pick but if Pargo is not signed then backup PG is definately going to be the pick. There really any good PF's to get at the 21rst pick, would have to trade up for that.

Man, phuk Jannero Pargo and thats from the heart!

Patrick Swayze
06-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I think that the Hornets will try and trade Chandler, mo pete, or peja on draft day

I think so as well.

r u kidding? Psycho T is .... Tyler Hans man.... dont you watch college ball

Sorry....

I am hoping we hop on SAM YOUNG or Terrance Williams or Psycho T, or Chase Buddinger

Budinger is the only one out of that group that's worth it.

and of course... Marcus Thornton :) haha no doubt

Big no thanks.

Vinny642
06-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Terrence Williams is supposed to go before our pick, if he doesn't we better pick him.

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2009, 01:46 AM
Terrence Williams is supposed to go before our pick, if he doesn't we better pick him.

They didn't even work him out.

BIGBREED
06-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Shaq just was traded from the Phoenix Suns to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ben Wallace and Aleksandar Pavlovic. If the Cavaliers wouldn't have been able to get Shaq in that trade, they would have traded for New Orleans Hornets C- Tyson Chandler

tland22
06-25-2009, 04:48 AM
I agree Vinny....if T will isnt gone, we BETTER pick that stud

Mckphins
06-25-2009, 06:11 AM
^that stud? really? he aint gonna succeed in the nba

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2009, 12:42 PM
^that stud? really? he aint gonna succeed in the nba

I agree with you. Like I said they didn't even work him out. Most would probably think if you don't work someone out that it doesn't mean they won't draft him. I think that's only the case if it's someone they didn't think would come close to falling to them. I would have rather have them draft someone they worked out. Unless it's Hill or Harden obviously.

tland22
06-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh he wont suceed in the NBA? Okay, im going to hold you guys to that :)

i disagree. Certainly a role player for a team. You can bank on that.

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh he wont suceed in the NBA? Okay, im going to hold you guys to that :)

i disagree. Certainly a role player for a team. You can bank on that.

If they draft him and I'm wrong then I'd be totally 100% fine with that.

I'm thinking they are going to go with either Eric Maynor or Earl Clark. I'd be happy with either one. Maynor being my choice.