PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Marlins fans????

TheCheddarMan
06-24-2009, 12:12 AM
seriously every time i see highlights of a marlins game on sportscenter there is no one there, and sometimes u see 1 or 2 guys running to try to catch the home run balls :p. no wonder y this team has such a low payroll. wouldnt it be kind of mbarrasing and depressing if you were playing while seeing your home field with no audience?

koldjerky
06-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Labia

marlinsfan24
06-24-2009, 12:14 AM
How many times has this thread come up?

1.Look at the weather Florida had today. Thunderstorms all day. There was a tornado by my cousins house.

2.The park is a long distance away for many people. They couldn't get to the game cuz of the weather issues.

3.The gas prices in S Florida are some of the highest in the country. The distance and the horrible weather factors into this.

REGular
06-24-2009, 12:27 AM
yeah, we'll have to see if it changes when they get their roof . . . I'd like to think it will . . .

BALLER71
06-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Today was a terrible day for people to go... it was really windy and I believe there were some thunderstorms today but mostly windy.

J$mo0th_3o5
06-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Here we go again:sigh:

REGular
06-24-2009, 12:39 AM
hey, remember the time the Marlins won 2 World Series . . . that was awesome.

J$mo0th_3o5
06-24-2009, 12:42 AM
hey, remember the time the Marlins won 2 World Series . . . that was awesome.

:up: And when they ended the Mets season twice.

IRUAM #21
06-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Because our Fans suck, our weather sucks, our stadium sucks.

J$mo0th_3o5
06-24-2009, 12:50 AM

That too lol

IRUAM #21
06-24-2009, 01:05 AM
btw ur gonna get bashed because this is a Marlins thread.

Jonathan2323
06-24-2009, 01:13 AM

you suck.

marlinsfan24
06-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Stop making threads about the Marlins, it might upset the higher market teams!

IRUAM #21
06-24-2009, 01:18 AM
you suck.

our fans never show up, it always rains and there's no entertainment at the stadium, plus the seats are uncomfortable.

marlinsfan24
06-24-2009, 01:23 AM
our fans never show up, it always rains and there's no entertainment at the stadium, plus the seats are uncomfortable.

Trade Hanley for some fans?:D

Miami_Megatron
06-24-2009, 01:32 AM
the only thing mbarrasing is your spelling....were have you been the fan turn out has been like that with the Marlins since the 1998 season...lets see what happens when they move the stadium further south....the knock on the current stadium is that it doesn't have a roof and because of the location.....

Driven
06-24-2009, 01:41 AM
It is really depressing whenever you watch games or highlights at Florida... I HATE empty ballparks.

YanksNats1987
06-24-2009, 01:52 AM
The odds of getting a foul ball must be incredible.

dre1990
06-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Because everyone is broke as **** right now :shrug:

detroitsports22
06-24-2009, 01:59 AM
new stadium soon right?

goldenstater
06-24-2009, 02:31 AM
whats a Marlins fan?

LetsGoA's
06-24-2009, 02:34 AM
At least marlins fans have an excuse and a new stadium coming their way. The A's ownership has more money than the Angels and an owner who is frat brothers with bud selig yet when it comes to a legitimate payroll, this is non existent. They sign their best player to be traded away mid year and complain why they don't draw any fans. They do it to themselves.

CAIN=FUTURE
06-24-2009, 04:11 AM
I understand there are weather, stadium, and alligator issues in Florida, but c'mon, the game were you had 600... 6 0 0... fans was just pathetic, and there is no way to justify it. I don't care if there was like 10 gunmen shooting every person who walked in the stadium that day, that's just pathetic.

marlinsfan24
06-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Marlins fans admit attendance is horrible, what do u want us to do about it?

I live in Atlanta, I know a few other people on this board that live away from the Marlins. What do u want us to do?

Pinstripe pride
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM

whats the excuss before the recession then? This isn't exactly a new problem. I think it sucks seeing no one at the games. Hopefully the new stadium helps that.

REGular
06-24-2009, 09:01 AM
At least marlins fans have an excuse and a new stadium coming their way.

Thanks. I don't think people realize what kind of damage Wayne Huizenga wreaked upon this fan base.

I think the tide's a-changing though as younger fans are getting into baseball and don't have much prior experience with the previous managements.
The new stadium as well will create more buzz and allow the front office to lock in some key players (as they did with Hanley).

bartoron
06-24-2009, 09:38 AM
the only thing mbarrasing is your spelling....were have you been the fan turn out has been like that with the Marlins since the 1998 season...lets see what happens when they move the stadium further south....the knock on the current stadium is that it doesn't have a roof and because of the location.....

*where

Anywho, most Marlins fans are old people who can't get walker-friendly seating.

Marlins fans admit attendance is horrible, what do u want us to do about it?

I live in Atlanta, I know a few other people on this board that live away from the Marlins. What do u want us to do?

Move. ;)

REGular
06-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Move. ;)

The fans or the team . . .

BroadwayJoe
06-24-2009, 09:58 AM

that's a bs excuse for the marlins... when i'm down south, i go to games for no more than $5-10 a pop. i could literally go see an ENTIRE series for less than $50 (including parking fees and food/beer... they let you bring in your own food and it's not hard to sneak in alcohol)

REGular
06-24-2009, 10:03 AM
that's a bs excuse for the marlins...

Yeah, it's a bad excuse, as everybody knows the Marlins have ranked at the bottom of attendance standings for years now.

nymetsrule
06-24-2009, 10:08 AM
:up: And when they ended the Mets season twice.

How about the times when the Mets wrecked your chances of ever going anywhere. :laugh2:

I love how the only thing Marlins fans have to be happy of us ruining other teams chances of making the post season, knowing that they never will. :)

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Well in another two years the Marlins will ship out everyone for more prospects. Beinfest is known for Beane'ing it up on retooling.

REGular
06-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I love how the only thing Marlins fans have to be happy of is ruining other teams chances of making the post season, knowing that they never will. :)

Hey, maybe if you keep saying it it will become true . . .

dolfan720
06-24-2009, 10:34 AM
How many times has this thread come up?

1.Look at the weather Florida had today. Thunderstorms all day. There was a tornado by my cousins house.

2.The park is a long distance away for many people. They couldn't get to the game cuz of the weather issues.

3.The gas prices in S Florida are some of the highest in the country. The distance and the horrible weather factors into this.

exactly!!!!

feeltheheatrays
06-24-2009, 10:46 AM
How about the times when the Mets wrecked your chances of ever going anywhere. :laugh2:

I love how the only thing Marlins fans have to be happy of us ruining other teams chances of making the post season, knowing that they never will. :)

When was the last time the Mets won a World Series...'86. Marlins have won two since then and both teams have the same amount of World Series (2). Pretty embarrassing since the Mets have been around 31 years longer.

BroadwayJoe
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah, it's a bad excuse, as everybody knows the Marlins have ranked at the bottom of attendance standings for years now.

true, but that wasn't really my point

i, for one, love having the fish around (even if i hate them with all my heart). it's a godsend that anyone in this day and age can go to a baseball game for less than $20 TOTAL. i don't care if they're playing their AA affiliate, i'll go see any fish game i can when i'm down in miami.

Phat Pat 94
06-24-2009, 10:58 AM
lol you make fun of his spelling then you misspell where.

Zep
06-24-2009, 11:03 AM

I will say the artists drawing of the new one looks pretty awesome. So hopefully their attendance will go up once it's built. :shrug:

REGular
06-24-2009, 11:09 AM
it's a godsend that anyone in this day and age can go to a baseball game for less than $20 TOTAL. i don't care if they're playing their AA affiliate, i'll go see any fish game i can when i'm down in miami.

Come to Houston, family of 4 for $16 (2 adults at 7, and kids at a dollar).

lol you make fun of his spelling then you misspell where.

And "embarrassing" . . .

Pinstripe pride
06-24-2009, 11:13 AM

And "embarrassing" . . .

Are you ****ing serious? damn houston knows whats up.

BALLER71
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I understand there are weather, stadium, and alligator issues in Florida, but c'mon, the game were you had 600... 6 0 0... fans was just pathetic, and there is no way to justify it. I don't care if there was like 10 gunmen shooting every person who walked in the stadium that day, that's just pathetic.

It was a game in the last week of the season against the Nationals in rain. ******** you would buy tickets to watch the Nationals.

BroadwayJoe
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM

damn that's good... but let me ask you this: can you sit first row behind the 1B dugout for less than $10? i don't think i've ever sat worse than 10th row behind the plate or one of the dugouts at any marlins game i've ever been to... and that includes opening day vs. the mets last year when johan made his mets debut. i've also never paid more than $20 for a ticket (and that's VERY expensive and VERY rare comparatively!).

going to marlins games is cheaper than getting a value meal at mcdonalds!

BroadwayJoe
06-24-2009, 11:22 AM
It was a game in the last week of the season against the Nationals in rain. ******** you would buy tickets to watch the Nationals.

i have... but i also love baseball in an unnatural way

i also enjoyed heckling fatass dmitri young when he was on the nats

nymetsrule
06-24-2009, 11:23 AM
When was the last time the Mets won a World Series...'86. Marlins have won two since then and both teams have the same amount of World Series (2). Pretty embarrassing since the Mets have been around 31 years longer.

The Mets have more players from the '86 team still with them than the Marlins do from 2003. :laugh:

You got me there with the World Series, but at least the Mets have more World Series titles than the Marlins have fans in attendance. :laugh:

King Koopa
06-24-2009, 11:28 AM
The Mets have more players from the '86 team still with them than the Marlins do from 2003. :laugh:

:cricket: (not funny)

People another thing you have to keep in mind is, we live in MIAMI!!! There's like a million different things you could do then go to a boring baseball game. And of course the transportation issues too.

nymetsrule
06-24-2009, 11:31 AM
:cricket: (not funny)

People another thing you have to keep in mind is, we live in MIAMI!!! There's like a million different things you could do then go to a boring baseball game. And of course the transportation issues too.

:pity:

atl_braves_fan
06-24-2009, 11:38 AM
The Marlins were always intended to be a regional team (i.e. S. Florida) not just a Miami team. Thus, to get large crowds, they need to draw from more than just Miami. When the weather is as unpredictable as it is in S. Florida, people are not going to spend a lot of money or time planning a trip to a baseball game that may be uncomfortable, delayed, or even canceled. I think you will see a big change when they have a new stadium with a retractable roof.

uchiha
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Original thread is original.

bartoron
06-24-2009, 11:53 AM
The fans or the team . . .

The fans that say they don't live close enough to the stadium to conveniently attend games. I was obviously joking, but it does seem like a lot of Marlins fans just can't attend games because of travel reasons.

Though of course moving the team to a market with more accessible fans would also work, but that would be incredibly expensive. Construction on the new stadium will begin in less than a month, so re-locating isn't an option anymore.

Iladelph18
06-24-2009, 11:55 AM
what fans?

tc2deuce
06-24-2009, 12:02 PM
great young team with no support
hopefully when the team moves closer into town more fans will show up

REGular
06-24-2009, 12:47 PM
what fans?

:rimshot:

Fred
06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Where are their fans? I believe that the two of them had to pump out the stadium with the rain that they got....

Pinstripe pride
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM

I do on a regular basis. it s a cheap time at the ball park, always fun