PDA

View Full Version : 2009-10- Players to keep an eye on

Lakersfan2483
06-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Which players do you all expect to have a breakout season? In other words, which guys are going to have a major impact this coming year, is it going to be a rookie, or a veteran that had an injury or a major setback last season? Discuss.

Here is a list of some guys to keep your eyes on for the 2009-10 season:

Gilbert Arenas (injuries have slowed him down the past couple of yrs, but he's said to be rehabbing great and has dropped weight. He's also going to be under the guidance of a new coach in Flip Saunders)

Amare Stoudamire (Stat has a chance to have a breakout year, especially since he was having a good season prior to his injury)

Al Jefferson (He was playing at an all-star level before a season ending injury)

Kevin Durant (Is he ready to go to the next level?)

OJ Mayo (Same question posed to Durant, is Mayo ready to go to the next level)

Blake Griffin- Is he an instant impact player like some are calling him?

Brandon Roy- I think he has a chance to have another great season and even improve upon what he achieved last season.

Derrick Rose- He has the potential to be at the top in terms point guards in the NBA, I want to see if he can take that next step this year....

Jays Claw
06-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Is Andrea Bargnani ready to be a 20 and 7 player?

Lakersfan2483
06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Is Andrea Bargnani ready to be a 20 and 7 player?

I think he's more of an 18 and 6 type of player, which are still very good numbers.

Bausman
06-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Andrea Bargnani...

After Jan. 1, '09 he averaged 19.5 ppg and 7 rpg. Colangelo told raptor fans to be patient and after 2 and a half seasons that patients has paid off. All he had to do is improve his rebounding and he is looking like a pretty good pick for the center position.

redsox4ever36
06-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Players to keep an eye on? AKA some of the rising stars of the nba?

Jays Claw
06-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Andrea Bargnani can easily be the second best center in the eastern conference.

ManRam
06-23-2009, 09:07 PM

That sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is.

J$mo0th_3o5
06-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Michael Beasley!!!!!

Bausman
06-23-2009, 09:09 PM

He isnt the type of center i would prefer but ya since there are no really good centers in the east i agree. He is more of a power forward but with bosh in town you have to play him at center. He is going to be just like dirk i think but i think he might be a better scorer.

Alot of ppl may disagree but go to nba.com and check his game logs. He had alot of 25 point+ games. And when he scores 20+ he does it with ease. He will have 25 and you would guess he has 12 or so. This guy will be a special scorer in the NBA. It is a shame he was drafted first over all because it gets held against him and he had nothing to do with it. But i do think he will live up to the expectaions if he continues where he left off after january.

Bausman
06-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Lebron James MIGHT have a breakout year. Depends if he can put on some muscle and works on his athleticism.

Jays Claw
06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
I honestly think a bit of Jermaine O'neal brushed off on Andrea Bargnani.

Master Mind
06-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Michael Beasley!!!!!

J$mo0th_3o5
06-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Michael Beasley!!!!!

:cheers:

cmellofan15
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Lebron James MIGHT have a breakout year. Depends if he can put on some muscle and works on his athleticism.

lmao! :laugh:

1. How does a player who's the best breakout?

2. He's been putting on muscle and getting more athletic his WHOLE career, what makes you think he'll stop now?

Baller1
06-23-2009, 10:09 PM

2. He's been putting on muscle and getting more athletic his WHOLE career, what makes you think he'll stop now?

I'm pretty sure it was a joke...

It's ok, some are slower than others, I understand.

LT.CARDWISIE
06-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Thaddeus Young

Zefflin
06-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Trevor Ariza - Mother ****ing cobra style

JordansBulls
06-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Which players do you all expect to have a breakout season? In other words, which guys are going to have a major impact this coming year, is it going to be a rookie, or a veteran that had an injury or a major setback last season? Discuss.

Here is a list of some guys to keep your eyes on for the 2009-10 season:

Gilbert Arenas (injuries have slowed him down the past couple of yrs, but he's said to be rehabbing great and has dropped weight. He's also going to be under the guidance of a new coach in Flip Saunders)

Amare Stoudamire (Stat has a chance to have a breakout year, especially since he was having a good season prior to his injury)

Al Jefferson (He was playing at an all-star level before a season ending injury)

Kevin Durant (Is he ready to go to the next level?)

OJ Mayo (Same question posed to Durant, is Mayo ready to go to the next level)

Blake Griffin- Is he an instant impact player like some are calling him?

Brandon Roy- I think he has a chance to have another great season and even improve upon what he achieved last season.

Derrick Rose- He has the potential to be at the top in terms point guards in the NBA, I want to see if he can take that next step this year....

I will say Rose, Roy, Durant, Jefferson, Mo Williams, Dwight

Beno7500
06-24-2009, 01:01 AM

"Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line."
http://www.answers.com/topic/joke

Vinny642
06-24-2009, 06:06 AM
Julian Wright- needs more minutes and to be more confident