PDA

View Full Version : Worst draft since 2000, but will it be the most interesting draft ever!!!!

Kyben36
06-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Wondering if you guys think that this draft could hold some hidden surprises, deals going down. players traded. I think it could be a very interesting on thursday.

abe_froman
06-23-2009, 04:58 PM
i think there will be alot of trading,much more than people thought

clutchski
06-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I see 3-4 trades..and damn I'm excited nobody has any concrete idea what's going to happen

Uz13
06-23-2009, 05:00 PM
I guess a lot is going to happen. Hey look the Blazers have 5 picks this year. New Orleans needs the money, there going to sell there pick.. Rubio not wanting to play for teams except big markets. I can go on and on...lol

bleedprple&gold
06-23-2009, 05:00 PM
The draft is weak because there are no franchise players other than Griffin, but it still has some depth. I think ppl are going to be much more interested in the trades going down (I think there will be quite a few) than the actual players selected...

Pierzynski4Prez
06-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Wasn't one of the Kansas players traded like 5 different times last year on draft night?

Cubs Win
06-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Wasn't one of the Kansas players traded like 5 different times last year on draft night?

Yeah, Darrel Arthur dropped and then was traded a few times. I believe he's on Memphis now.

IndyRealist
06-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't think there's going to be another Portland, pulling 15 deals on the same night, but there's going to be a lot more activity than ever, mostly due to financial issues.

AI4MVP
06-23-2009, 05:25 PM
i think im the only person in this world that actually thinks this could turn out to be one of the better drafts of the last decade. nobody sees it, but i do

in my opinion, there are 6 future all star worthy players:

Blake Griffin
Ricky Rubio
James Harden
Demar Derozan
Bradon Jennings
Earl Clark

A future defensive player of the year worthy player in Hasheem Thabeet

I think Blake Griffin is Amar'e Stoudemire with a work ethic, which is an MVP type player

and i think Ricky RUbio is Steve Nash with defense, which is one of the top point guards ever

The biggest question mark for me in the draft is Demar Derozen. He can turn out to be either Vince Carter and Gerald Green. Second biggest question mark is Earl CLark. He can either be Danny Granger, or he can be a complete bust

I also think Stephen Curry will be a very very solid plyer. Never a super star, but kindof a career that Mike Bibby had with the Kings. Always all star worthy, always one of the better point guards, but never quite a super star

And yes..im absolutely PUMPED for this draft. there will be alot of shocking blockbusters i think.

mtgphenom
06-23-2009, 05:32 PM
I see the possibility of atleast 3-6 big trades being made. Celtics, pistons, bulls, t-wolves, clipps, blazers, cavs, thunder, and grizz will all be very active on the trade market

Uz13
06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
i think im the only person in this world that actually thinks this could turn out to be one of the better drafts of the last decade. nobody sees it, but i do

in my opinion, there are 6 future all star worthy players:

Blake Griffin
Ricky Rubio
James Harden
Demar Derozan
Bradon Jennings
Earl Clark

A future defensive player of the year worthy player in Hasheem Thabeet

I think Blake Griffin is Amar'e Stoudemire with a work ethic, which is an MVP type player

and i think Ricky RUbio is Steve Nash with defense, which is one of the top point guards ever

The biggest question mark for me in the draft is Demar Derozen. He can turn out to be either Vince Carter and Gerald Green. Second biggest question mark is Earl CLark. He can either be Danny Granger, or he can be a complete bust

I also think Stephen Curry will be a very very solid plyer. Never a super star, but kindof a career that Mike Bibby had with the Kings. Always all star worthy, always one of the better point guards, but never quite a super star

And yes..im absolutely PUMPED for this draft. there will be alot of shocking blockbusters i think.

Derozan as VC, Oh yea! But Derozan is Raw, Can't shoot the 3. Has bad ball handling skills , and isn't as athletic but the potential for him is as high as the sky.

Rubio like a Nash with Defense? Rubio can't shoot.

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
i cant wait!

Bausman
06-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Derozan as VC, Oh yea! But Derozan is Raw, Can't shoot the 3. Has bad ball handling skills , and isn't as athletic but the potential for him is as high as the sky.

Rubio like a Nash with Defense? Rubio can't shoot.

lol he cant defend either

Hawkeye15
06-23-2009, 06:22 PM
this draft does project as weak, but there will be a few surprises. I still think though, that having pick 3 is the same as having pick 15, only the salary you will have to pay is higher

AI4MVP
06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
lol he cant defend either

dude shut up. uve obviously never seen him play if you think he cant defend, so dont just assume he cant defend because hes a european player

GSW fan
06-23-2009, 06:44 PM
^Yup

AIsixersFK
06-23-2009, 07:07 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sixers trade Willie Green to Clippers for the number 1 overall pick and a future 1st rounder and cash considerations.

Willie was a vital part of our franchise. He will be missed. Hopefully the picks we get will make me forget about the loss of a great basketball player.

cowboyz180
06-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I think that there will be a bunch of trades in this draft.

BALLER71
06-23-2009, 07:21 PM
I think the only players that are going to become all-stars in this draft are: Tyreke Evans, Derozan and Harden :shrug:

arkanian215
06-23-2009, 07:53 PM
that kid does not have the creativity of vc!

JayW_1023
06-24-2009, 08:06 AM
I don't understand the fuss about Thabeet. The guy has DeSagana Diop written all over him. Sure he can block shots but he is a liability offensively, and he is soft as hell. I remember how Blair totally embarrassed him.

Thabeet is going to have to get used to this when he enters the NBA: http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/getty/gyi0056755966.widec.jpg

Hellcrooner
06-24-2009, 08:14 AM
you shuld never tell a frat is "weak" until after you have seen the dudfes play dor 2 or 3 seasons.

I rmeber people telling 2001 draft was very bad, well after some years it doe snot look so anymore.

Also last year people was nto very excited about anybody not named bneasley or rose and well it turned out to be a very very very good draft.

Philly's Finest
06-24-2009, 08:28 AM
The one who is not getting talked about at all, and what i think will be the steal of the draft is guard, Eric Maynor, VCU.

Beltrans Mole
06-24-2009, 08:38 AM
if the knicks were a smart franchise, they would trade down in this draft. i think its pretty obvious that they are going to take a point guard in this draft. why not trade down to say like #18-25 and get someone elses 2nd round pick (since we dont have one) and take a point guard like ty lawson or eric maynor. i feel that both of those players project well at the next level. but knowing the knicks, they'll probably sh.it the bed and draft stephen curry with the 8th pick.

raptors_fanatic
06-24-2009, 08:55 AM
i got a feeling......
-that celtics pull a stupid move and lose the rain man
-memphis swaps their pick+fillers for a pick 1-4 spots lower and a package of proven players
-Clips make a trade to dump their overload
-Minnesota's not done yet....
-Raps get DeRozan! =D

raptors_fanatic
06-24-2009, 08:57 AM
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sixers trade Willie Green to Clippers for the number 1 overall pick and a future 1st rounder and cash considerations.

Willie was a vital part of our franchise. He will be missed. Hopefully the picks we get will make me forget about the loss of a great basketball player.

:cricket:

todu82
06-24-2009, 09:02 AM
I think it's going to be interesting. A lot of teams are going to be dumping salary ahead of next summer's great free agent class.

Still as for the draft itself, there may be no potential franchise players in the draft but it's the draft so it'll be interesting.

CTownHitman
06-24-2009, 09:07 AM
dude shut up. uve obviously never seen him play if you think he cant defend, so dont just assume he cant defend because hes a european player

If you listen to any draft expert or nba personality on espn they say that he is very uninterested on defensive side. With a questionable jump shot to me he projects as Jason Williams than Steve Nash.