PDA

View Full Version : Clippers turn down T-Wolves trade

phlp_bj
06-23-2009, 03:21 PM
According to an NBA source, super active Minnesota Timberwolves GM David Kahn has offered Mike Miller to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Chris Kaman. The Clippers shot down that trade, but countered with Marcus Camby.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-22nd-3276

wouldn't kaman have been a good compliment alongside jefferson?

IndyRealist
06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
They should take Camby, it'll balance out the post.

Chronz
06-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I suppose he puts Al J back to his natural spot, but I would think they would try and find a complimental piece around Al, but I suppose if they ever want to go with an offensive set, they could just sub in Love. I would rather have Camby if I were the Twolves but they probably want a long term solution.

Kaman plays great every other year, so this could be the year. Him and Jefferson arent too shabby. I dont know why the Clippers would shoot this trade down. They NEED a SF, especially one that can shoot like Miller.

WSU Tony
06-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Seems like a fine deal for me. Then again, I'm a wolves fan. This would give the Wolves a nice PF/C three some with Love, Jefferson, and Kaman. The Wolves would still have a top 6 pick for best available PG or SG and the #18 pick for another talent.

I'm not sure what the Clipper situation is but I do know that they have Griffin coming in this year and opening up a starting spot for him while gaining value in return (SF or SG) would be beneficial.

Ragun
06-23-2009, 03:56 PM
where does love play?

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2009, 03:59 PM
I suppose he puts Al J back to his natural spot, but I would think they would try and find a complimental piece around Al, but I suppose if they ever want to go with an offensive set, they could just sub in Love. I would rather have Camby if I were the Twolves but they probably want a long term solution.

Kaman plays great every other year, so this could be the year. Him and Jefferson arent too shabby. I dont know why the Clippers would shoot this trade down. They NEED a SF, especially one that can shoot like Miller.

i cant help laugh at your quote you have under your name about 1991 pippen is what mo williams is now. lmao..... 91 pippen shut down magic johnson in the finals. mo williams is no where close.

now back on topic. i think either of those two would have been a pretty good fit to go along with Al Jeff

Hawkeye15
06-23-2009, 04:11 PM
This was on the table a while back, before Kahn got there. The Clippers also wanted a first round pick, of which the Wolves already owe them, so it killed it. Camby, maybe. He would at least get AJ back to PF, and Love could play 30 mpg off the bench.

Phat Pat 94
06-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Man, the twolves GM really wants a trade!

Kyben36
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
I think that it would have realy helped them, They could then draft a PG, SG or SF. to get their backcourt going.

bleedprple&gold
06-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Clips can get more for Kaman...

AI4MVP
06-23-2009, 05:13 PM
the clippers need to do that deal ASAP. they have to many bigs and if they can move one of them for a player like Mike Miller, thatd be great for them

OA SLAY
06-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Mike Miller is useless, a perfect fit for the Clips!

Chronz
06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
i cant help laugh at your quote you have under your name about 1991 pippen is what mo williams is now. lmao..... 91 pippen shut down magic johnson in the finals. mo williams is no where close.

now back on topic. i think either of those two would have been a pretty good fit to go along with Al Jeff

Thank you, can you please tell MJB that, he seems to think the fact that Mo Williams was listed to an All-Star game even though it took 2 injuries and him being on the team with the most wins to get there. He never wouldve made it had he been in Milwaukee.

Pippen wasnt an All-Star in 91 because the competition was stiff at his position, he hadnt developed the reputation. And I get the feeling voters didnt care all that much about wins back then.

op12
06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
kaman and big al would be nice.

McPeak92
06-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Wolves should take Camby, defense could be good for them, they should try it.

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Thank you, can you please tell MJB that, he seems to think the fact that Mo Williams was listed to an All-Star game even though it took 2 injuries and him being on the team with the most wins to get there. He never wouldve made it had he been in Milwaukee.

Pippen wasnt an All-Star in 91 because the competition was stiff at his position, he hadnt developed the reputation. And I get the feeling voters didnt care all that much about wins back then.

oh for sure. mo williams is a joke. i cant believe anyone would ever compare mo williams to 91 pippen. wow!!!!

fresh prince
06-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Did Al Thornton move to the Mars?

You could argue that the Clips are set at all of their starting spots. They could use a guy like Miller to come off the bench but their starting group is pretty damm talented on paper:

Baron
Gordon
Thornton
Griffin
Zach/Kaman/Camby

Chronz
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Did Al Thornton move to the Mars?

You could argue that the Clips are set at all of their starting spots. They could use a guy like Miller to come off the bench but their starting group is pretty damm talented on paper:

Baron
Gordon
Thornton
Griffin
Zach/Kaman/Camby

No thats why we need one, Thornton is one of the worst starters in the league. If thats talented, then you dont know talent, either that or you dont consider the brain and ability to think to be a part of a players talent.

Bausman
06-23-2009, 07:30 PM

That isnt a joke about the pippen/williams thing? WOW... not even close!!!!!!!!!
All mo williams does is hit shots... except in the playoffs. I like mo williams but he is NOWHERE near pippen. **** pippen is prolly still better than him.

DitchDat
06-23-2009, 07:36 PM
where does love play?

at the 5, or the 4, or even the 3. He isn't the most typical player, but the's great at what he does. He will average a double-double in 09-10

boeknows
06-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Before Miller was traded he was worth a lot more than Camby.