PDA

View Full Version : Dalembert To Charlotte Being Discussed

phlp_bj
06-23-2009, 01:03 PM
The Sixers are discussing a deal with Charlotte in which Samuel Dalembert and the 17th overall pick in the Thursday's draft is exchanged for Vladimir Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammad, and the 12th pick in the draft.

The Bobcats would save approximately $2 million in the trade.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20090623_Blog_Zone_.html

zambo4president
06-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Ewww thats an ugly trade.

vick27m
06-23-2009, 01:06 PM
no that is bad both ways

Hawkeye15
06-23-2009, 01:06 PM
eeck, why either way?

Bausman
06-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Dalembert had played for Brown and he loves his defence... okafor, dalembert and G wallace is gunna be a tough front line to score on... not to mention raja bell at the 2
they are gunna have a tough time getting buckets tho

cheetos185
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
yea cats would become greater defensive team if this happens

charlsdq7
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
lets hope we can ride off Sammy

DerekRE_3
06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
The only problem with this is it bumps Boris Diaw out of the starting lineup, and he goes from versatile and talented PF to overpaid role player.

KnickVeteran
06-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Charlotte would definitely get the better deal. Dalembert and Emeka upfront is scary.

DerekRE_3
06-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Charlotte would definitely get the better deal. Dalembert and Emeka upfront is scary.

Don't forget Gerald Wallace, SF is also part of the frontcourt. This main rotation would be sick though:

Raymond Felton/Raja Bell/Gerald Wallace/Emeka Okafor/Sam Dalembert

DJ Augustin/Boris Diaw/17th pick/Gana Diop

So much defense in that starting lineup...:drool:

king4day
06-23-2009, 01:34 PM
The only problem with this is it bumps Boris Diaw out of the starting lineup, and he goes from versatile and talented PF to overpaid role player.

If this is done, maybe another trade is in the works? Or perhaps Sammy or Mek comes off the bench?

I just think Diaw is far to valuable to come off the bench for them.

DerekRE_3
06-23-2009, 01:35 PM
If this is done, maybe another trade is in the works?

Yeah maybe, but in my opinion trading Wallace or Diaw would be a mistake. Diaw has really helped everyone play better and his passing has become infectious on the team. Wallace is the backbone of the team, our best perimeter defender, and our best scorer at the moment. He's also a great rebounder and lead all SF's in rebounding last year, and has improved his passing ability as well.

KnickVeteran
06-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Don't forget Gerald Wallace, SF is also part of the frontcourt. This main rotation would be sick though:

lol Look i'm so infatuated with Big Men, Dalembert and Okafor is something I want the knicks to have :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Seriously, that would definitely put Bobcats in the playoffs. I'm definitely jealous.

DerekRE_3
06-23-2009, 01:43 PM
lol Look i'm so infatuated with Big Men, Dalembert and Okafor is something I want the knicks to have :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Seriously, that would definitely put Bobcats in the playoffs. I'm definitely jealous.

Well I think even without the trade, if we keep Felton then I think we have a good shot at the playoffs. Having a full training camp with with Larry Brown and having our roster established will only help.

sixer04fan
06-23-2009, 01:53 PM
We take on a little money, but Sammy is a cancer in Philly now and is really underplaying his contract. Moving up to 12 also allows to get better options at guard, maybe Brandon Jennings will be available. Nazr is an okay backup, and Vladrad is a decent shooter off the bench too... Sammy would also be in the way of the production of Speights and Jason Smith, both who need to be on the floor more for us.

My biggest concern here is that Sammy resurrects himself in a new city and becomes the double double threat we thought he would be here.

PhillyForLife90
06-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I really hope this deal goes down. If it did, I would wear a dress for an entire week because I'd be so enveloped in happiness.

BALLER71
06-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Dalembert is soo overpaid. Not a good trade for both sides.

29$JerZ
06-23-2009, 01:57 PM

MY Knicks will be fine hopefully but my Cats :D Dalembert/Emeka in the paint? Crazy

HouRealCoach
06-23-2009, 02:29 PM
I like this trade and it allows Phillly to get another shooter and them to have the starting lineup of Brand/Young/Iggy/Kapono/Miller and have two top 20 draft pix and this is good for both teams

Gorgon2k
06-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I like this trade and it allows Phillly to get another shooter and them to have the starting lineup of Brand/Young/Iggy/Kapono/Miller and have two top 20 draft pix and this is good for both teams

theyre trading their pick away first off, secondly miller isnt signed, third, they are going to adress the SG position this off season, because if Brand is at 5, and Young at 4, theres no way IGGY is going to be at the 2, with kapono at 3. Kapono is going to be a bench player.

IndyRealist
06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Philly's looking to move up in the draft to get a PG, it's the only thing that makes sense. They get Radmanovic to fill their desparate need for outside shooters, and a big man to replace Dalembert at half the cost.

Charlotte gets rid of bad contracts, and gets the C they need to finally move Emeka Okafor to his natural PF spot. Boris Diaw fills out Radmanovic's spot in the second unit.

Knowledge
06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Philly's looking to move up in the draft to get a PG, it's the only thing that makes sense. They get Radmanovic to fill their desparate need for outside shooters, and a big man to replace Dalembert at half the cost.

Charlotte gets rid of bad contracts, and gets the C they need to finally move Emeka Okafor to his natural PF spot. Boris Diaw fills out Radmanovic's spot in the second unit.

agreed. Plus Speights and Jason Smith are gonna get more minutes next.

Philly4life84
06-23-2009, 03:03 PM
With how bad of a cancer that Sammy is and how inconsistent of a player he is I would do that trade if all we got in exchange was the 12th overall pick in a heartbeat. So this deal works for me (:

DerekRE_3
06-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Hopefully Larry Brown can help Sam Dalembert go back to where he was at 2 years ago or better.

NYsportsGuru
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I like this trade for Charlotte.
Not only are they saving money but they're also getting a better draft pick and a decent starting center for nothing.

The ChILL
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM
I also like this trade for Charlotte. If this happens the Adam Morrison pick would still be terrible but not a complete waste. Morrison -> Radmonovic -> Dalembert

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2009, 03:31 PM
I hope this trade goes through because at this point id be totally happy if we straight up cut dalembert. he has been that awful.

i feel bad for charlotte if this goes through because u have no idea what ur getting into.

check out the sixers forums, weve been trying to get rid of this guy for the past 2 years.

be prepared for the constant goaltends, boneheaded plays, fadeaway airballs, bricked hookshots, and just complete and utter lack of anything resembling a bball i.q. The guy thought he was gonna play professional soccer until he was 17 if that means anything.

luckily his contract will be coming off the books for u in a year so that will be nice.

AirJordan23
06-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Like Dereke3 mentioned, this might take away minutes from Diaw who has been instrumental to the Cats' success after the trade. He's very versatile, great court vision and can shoot the ball very well. Dalembert, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. Possibly the dumbest player in the NBA, not an exaggeration by any means. The main problem with Dalembert is that he think he's better than what he actually is. He needs to know his role which he obviously doesn't. The man takes 20 foot jumpshots thinking he's Kobe out there, boneheaded plays, turnovers and is offensively handicapped. He's useful for his rebounding and shot blocking but I don't think the Cats need it. Okafor is a good interior defender and the cats are a decent rebounding team.

This would be a step back for the Cats while the Sixers would vastly improve IMO.

Gorgon2k
06-23-2009, 04:05 PM
With how bad of a cancer that Sammy is and how inconsistent of a player he is I would do that trade if all we got in exchange was the 12th overall pick in a heartbeat. So this deal works for me (:

so would philly, they're taking on the other guys because of how large Sammy's contract is.

DerekRE_3
06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Like Dereke3 mentioned, this might take away minutes from Diaw who has been instrumental to the Cats' success after the trade. He's very versatile, great court vision and can shoot the ball very well. Dalembert, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. Possibly the dumbest player in the NBA, not an exaggeration by any means. The main problem with Dalembert is that he think he's better than what he actually is. He needs to know his role which he obviously doesn't. The man takes 20 foot jumpshots thinking he's Kobe out there, boneheaded plays, turnovers and is offensively handicapped. He's useful for his rebounding and shot blocking but I don't think the Cats need it. Okafor is a good interior defender and the cats are a decent rebounding team.

This would be a step back for the Cats while the Sixers would vastly improve IMO.

Yeah Dalembert isn't a very smart player, but Larry Brown is a great coach and he can teach him the game. He did it with Gerald Wallace last year, and will continue to do so. Also, Vlad, one of the players we would give up, isn't a very smart player either so we lose a boneheaded player for another one.

king4day
06-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I like this trade for Charlotte.
Not only are they saving money but they're also getting a better draft pick and a decent starting center for nothing.

They are actually giving up the 12th pick for the 17th.

...I like this deal more than people are stating.
Thought I think he should come off the bench. Problem is, overpaid Diop will be an expensive benchwarmer.

Gorgon2k
06-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah Dalembert isn't a very smart player, but Larry Brown is a great coach and he can teach him the game. He did it with Gerald Wallace last year, and will continue to do so. Also, Vlad, one of the players we would give up, isn't a very smart player either so we lose a boneheaded player for another one.

Dalembert is 28 and played a few of his first seasons under Brown. What he knows now, is all he'll ever really know. The only way Dalembert will be better or worse depends on his work ethic and focus, That's it. IF he is motivated and wants to play well, he's a decent player, but when he loses his focus, he plays like an idiot. To be honest though, I'm just soooooo sick of seeing him bat the ball around. Ugh thinking about him playing just frustrates me! I never understood why alot of these tall foreign players just don't grab the ball with authority like little ole' barkley did.

bringinwood
06-23-2009, 04:22 PM

That's why I think Sammy will thrive in Charlotte... He will adjust to his role, in Brown's system of course and he will have specific duties within the confines of the court... In Philly, we just let him play ball and he shoots when he thinks he's open, blocks shots, rebounds and does what he does...
Including the stuff we hate...

Brown is such a great teacher that he will definately have an impact on Dalembert's game...

He did when he was in Philly... There is no reason to believe his growth wouldn't rekindle under Brown...

I'm a Philly fan too... ;)

EaglesJackson10
06-23-2009, 04:24 PM
I feel bad because Sammy is one of the nicest athletes ive ever met but if we can get rid of him and move up in the draft i would be so happy. Love him as a person but I dont want him on my team.

CityofTreez
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Charlotte would be a fun team to watch w/ that lineup!

Teeboy1487
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
To me, it's a good deal for both teams. The bobcats would become an even greater defensive team with a great defensive coach. The sixers would be better offensively and can run even more with the luxury of shooters on the wing this time. I would definitely do this trade.

AirJordan23
06-23-2009, 04:39 PM

Yeah, LB really brings the best out of everyone and really gives heavy emphasis on defense so Dalembert might work in LB's system.

black1605
06-23-2009, 04:39 PM
im not big fan of this trade, especially if it takes away minutes from Diaw

also, this trade came up last week and was said to have no legs

PDT4LIFE
06-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Seems when teams look to move up in the draft, it is to grab a player that many don't expect their team to ever take with their pick. IMO, one possibility would be that the Sixers are trying to move up and lock in the opportunity to draft B.J. Mullens...

nikefreek220
06-23-2009, 05:08 PM
i think its a pretty good trade both ways. Helps the Bobcats clear some money, and get more front court help.

The sixers get a 3 point shooter in Vlad Rad which they are in BIG NEED of, and add more depth, and get a high pick.
So i think this is a pretty good trade both ways.

op12
06-23-2009, 06:36 PM
hope henderson drops to 17 but doubt it. can see us taking another nc man in ellington. decent trade for the cats. finally gives us a c.

TYoung21
06-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Dalembert is 28 and played a few of his first seasons under Brown. What he knows now, is all he'll ever really know. The only way Dalembert will be better or worse depends on his work ethic and focus, That's it. IF he is motivated and wants to play well, he's a decent player, but when he loses his focus, he plays like an idiot. To be honest though, I'm just soooooo sick of seeing him bat the ball around. Ugh thinking about him playing just frustrates me! I never understood why alot of these tall foreign players just don't grab the ball with authority like little ole' barkley did.

Those might be his worst qualitites. This guy has barely improved on aynthing since coming into the league. He also was kicked off the freaking canadian basketball team for the olympics. What a waste

AsfanSince99
06-23-2009, 07:23 PM
As a big 6er fan, I hope this trade goes down. Sammy needs to be in the right system for him to succeed. He showed flashes of being a double-double player a couple season's ago, but has not been close to resembling that since. Brown must be desperate for a big man.

Does anyone know how many years left on the contracts the 6ers are getting in Nazr and Radmanovich?

Korman12
06-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know how many years left on the contracts the 6ers are getting in Nazr and Radmanovich?

All the players in the deal have 2 year's left on their contracts. Philadelphia is doing everything they can to get Dalembert and his contract off the team, and in reality this may be the best offer.

VCaintdead17
06-23-2009, 07:40 PM

They would definitely make the playoffs. Thats incredible defense. and a great bench.

LT.CARDWISIE
06-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Barbosa & 12th pick for Sammy & 17th pick

raptor fan
06-23-2009, 07:51 PM
i really like the proposed deal for the bobcats

EAGLES3658
06-23-2009, 08:00 PM

I like that team. I am probably the biggest Dalembert fan on here.

TheShock45
06-23-2009, 08:10 PM
last 2 times larry brown had that much defense he made it to the finals

Reedball
06-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Sweet news!!!!

Yahoo is reporting that four hours ago the Bobcats declined to resign Sean May!!! He and his dietary program are off the team. One has to expect now that the deal for Dalembert is imminent.

PhillyForLife90
06-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Its looking like this deal may just go down after all...especially with Sean may not being resigned by the Cats. I think something's going to happen soon...

ttam68
06-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Dalembert just has a soft mindset. A few years ago when he was getting 10-10 and being talked about as a skilled up and coming guy he was happy. Now, the fans hate him and he's been called out so he gets depressed and whines and plays terribly.

I think a change of scenery would help him a lot. And for the Sixers moving up, getting a shooter, and another big body to replace Daly is plenty to unload him.

Durant is hype
06-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Bobcats keep getting better.......... MJ trying really hard to turn them into a winning franchise.

Like someone mention before,how does Diaw effect for this change....... He surely won't get the same amount of minutes like he was getting in 08-09 season. Diaw is notoriously known for disappearing while getting less minutes. Although the BoBcats are solid,I like the team a lot because not only do they have hard working guys,but they also have unselfish group of guys.

palmsguy225
06-24-2009, 10:18 AM
as a sixers fan i would love if this went through. We need to get rid of Dalembert somehow. Im not loving the players in return but they are veterens. The best part is we would move up to the 12, and possibly snag possibly stephon curry, johnny flynn, or brandon jennings.