PDA

View Full Version : Wizards Walk Away From Proposed Amare Deal

phlp_bj
06-23-2009, 09:56 AM
The Wizards and Suns have discussed a trade that would send Amare Stoudemire and the 14th overall pick to Washington for Nick Young or Javaris Crittenton, salary fodder and the 5th overall pick. Two people familiar with the talks confirmed the report.

Phoenix also requested Caron Butler, which forced the Wizards to walk away.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15690147?source=rss_blogs_NBA

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Seems good for both teams.

C-Amar'e, Haywood
PF-Jamison, Mcgee
SF-Clark, ?
SG-Stevenson, James
PG-Arenas, Crittenton

C-Shaq, Lopez
PF-J.Hill, Barnes
SF-Butler, G. Hill
SG-Richardson, Young
PG-Nash, Barbosa

Robphunk
06-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Good move, Everything sounded good and dandy until Butler was involved.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Imagine the Suns lineup.

C-Shaq, Lopez
PF-J. Hill, Barnes
SF-Butler, G. Hill
SG-Richardson, Young
PG-Nash, Barbosa

:drool:

arkanian215
06-23-2009, 10:12 AM
yeah caron is a stud. i think he was a bit much to ask for.

king4day
06-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Imagine the Suns lineup.

C-Shaq, Lopez
PF-J. Hill, Barnes
SF-Butler, G. Hill
SG-Richardson, Young
PG-Nash, Barbosa

:drool:

Since Barnes is Unrestricted and likely not to return, you can swap him with J. Hill and start Dudley or Amundson instead.

It's probably because if Amar'e is traded, then ticket sales will go down. They want to get a big name back to help make up for it.

robruss614
06-23-2009, 10:27 AM
ok maybe its just me but if all we get is nick young and the 5th pick, i wouldnt give up the 14th Amare is a bonafide all star although nick young has a boat load of potential without butler or jamison in the deal i wouldnt do it.

SunsFanIam
06-23-2009, 10:29 AM

Butler is a stud but I dont think it would be to much to ask for. I mean you are asking for one of our core pieces and do not want to give up one of yours. The Suns pretty much asked for young talent for young talent.

jevon80
06-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Seems good for both teams.

C-Amar'e, Haywood
PF-Jamison, Mcgee
SF-Clark, ?
SG-Stevenson, James
PG-Arenas, Crittenton

C-Shaq, Lopez
PF-J.Hill, Barnes
SF-Butler, G. Hill
SG-Richardson, Young
PG-Nash, Barbosa

Terrible move for the Wiz...Phoenix is asking for too much. I would love to have Amare on the Wiz but not for all that. Butler is the breaking point. Amare is a great player but he is a free agent next year, has expressed a desire to play in New York, and is coming off a major eye injury...If he leaves we lose the Stoudamire, the 5th pick, Butler, and young talent in Nick Young or Crittenden.

JordansBulls
06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15690147?source=rss_blogs_NBA

Wizards should have done it. They aren't going anywhere.

jevon80
06-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Butler is a stud but I dont think it would be to much to ask for. I mean you are asking for one of our core pieces and do not want to give up one of yours. The Suns pretty much asked for young talent for young talent.

Everyone knows Amare wants a max contract and is possibly leaving you guys next year. Know one is going to give up the farm for a 1 year rental. If you want one of our core pieces I would rather it be Jamison.

Jamison
5th Pick (Jordan Hill)
James & Thomas (expiring)
Crittenden

for

Amare
14th Pick

You guys get a 20 and 10 player in Jamison, a young PF and PG for the future in Hill and Crittenden, and two expiring contracts.

SunsFanIam
06-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Wizards should have done it. They aren't going anywhere.

I agree. The Wiz have had the same kind of bumpy road as the suns but they just have not done anything. Butler is your best piece and Amare is are greatest young talent. I say time to mix things up. I rather keep Amare but if he must go I would like something in return.

Brooklyn Mets
06-23-2009, 10:49 AM
if amare was on the wiz with arenas and jamison they wouldn't need butler as much as they did last season when he was playing without agent zero on the team..

SunsFanIam
06-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Everyone knows Amare wants a max contract and is possibly leaving you guys next year. Know one is going to give up the farm for a 1 year rental. If you want one of our core pieces I would rather it be Jamison.

Jamison
5th Pick (Jordan Hill)
James & Thomas (expiring)
Crittenden

for

Amare
14th Pick

You guys get a 20 and 10 player in Jamison, a young PF and PG for the future in Hill and Crittenden, and two expiring contracts.

The suns are old enough. I know we get young with a couple of players but Jamison is getting up there just like Nash and Shaq and Hill ect ect. Why would you want to take another person up there in age for are best young talent? The thing about the NBA is someone is always going to do something so someone else doesn't Amar'e has expressed interest in staying in several interview and has also said he wouldnt mind going somewhere else. If he comes out and plays his heart out this year he knows the Suns will give him that max contract. Just like the Wiz did with Gilbert. Flat out Gil wasn't worth the max contract but it was worth giving to him then letting someone else take him right?

Hustla23
06-23-2009, 10:51 AM
If the Wiz could keep Caron but still make the trade it would have been great.

Haywood
Amare
Jamison
Butler
Arenas.

That is just ridiculous.

jevon80
06-23-2009, 11:00 AM
The suns are old enough. I know we get young with a couple of players but Jamison is getting up there just like Nash and Shaq and Hill ect ect. Why would you want to take another person up there in age for are best young talent? The thing about the NBA is someone is always going to do something so someone else doesn't Amar'e has expressed interest in staying in several interview and has also said he wouldnt mind going somewhere else. If he comes out and plays his heart out this year he knows the Suns will give him that max contract. Just like the Wiz did with Gilbert. Flat out Gil wasn't worth the max contract but it was worth giving to him then letting someone else take him right?

I hear you and can relate to you. The only difference is Gil was never on the trade block. Grunfield never had any intentions of trading Gil or of not paying Gil. Everyone knows Amare is on the trade block..everyone knows Amare wants to play in NY with D'Antoni and his up and down offense. You want to get something in return and teams don't want to lose alot for a one year rental. I guess its gonna come down to whether or not Kerr really believes he can get Amare to stay. Right now its seems like the Wiz are your best trading partner.

kswissdaf
06-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Wizards would have to be mentally ******** to trade Caron Butler. Not only is he a top 5 SF but he doesnt get paid ****

twoearl
06-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Amare love him or hate him is a bonafide perennial all-star. It would be stupid for them to not get all star level talent in return. So Butler HAS to be included.

The only thing I see wrong with this trade is Nik Young. For Wash. he could develop into a caron butler type player so trading caron would not hurt so much.

phlp_bj
06-23-2009, 11:07 AM
whoa 46 guests. why don't all of you guys sign up to psd and voice your opinions?

jevon80
06-23-2009, 11:08 AM

Haywood
Amare
Jamison
Butler
Arenas.

That is just ridiculous.

It looks good on paper. However, defensively we would be horrible. Haywood is the only defender in that lineup and having to cover for everyone else he would foul out int the 2nd quarter.

Everyone knows about Amare defensive defiencies..Jamsion can't guard SF. He would get abused by Lebron, Turkoglu, Iggy, Granger and other SFs in the east. Butler was horrible playing the two guard. He's not quick enough to guard the SG position.

Offensive might get you there but defense wins championships..

The ChILL
Both teams are in need of a makeover and should figure out how to get a deal done...

Lo Porto
I don't understand why both teams just take this trade:

Amare for Etan, Mike James, Nick Young and #5

Phoenix gets two expiring contracts (James and Etan), a promising player in Young, #5 and they get to keep their own pick #14. The Wiz get a bonafide All Star big man. Considering he can leave after next season, it's a fair trade for both sides.

twoearl
06-23-2009, 11:13 AM

Phoenix gets two expiring contracts (James and Etan), a promising player in Young, #5 and they get to keep their own pick #14. The Wiz get a bonafide All Star big man. Considering he can leave after next season, it's a fair trade for both sides.

the only problem with that is, Amare has hall of fame potential. You would like to get an all star in return for him. Nik has potential but its always better to get a proven commodity such as butler.

king4day
06-23-2009, 11:17 AM

Throw in McGee and you have a deal.

jevon80
06-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Amare love him or hate him is a bonafide perennial all-star. It would be stupid for them to not get all star level talent in return. So Butler HAS to be included.

The only thing I see wrong with this trade is Nik Young. For Wash. he could develop into a caron butler type player so trading caron would not hurt so much.

I agree that is why I suggested Jamison who may be getting older but his game doesn't rely on athletiscism..He's crafty and smart and still gives you high level of production and can continue to for at least 2-3 more years. And by that time Jordan Hill, will be ready to really produce if he isn't a bust. So Pheonix isn't losing anything production wise.

I like Nick Young and want to keep him here but I think he has a long way to go before becoming a Caron Butler type. Right now I see him becoming more of a JR Smith type player. A sixth man that comes in and lights it up...if he's hot he plays, if not you sit him because thats all he contributes. Right now he is just way too inconsistent to be reliable.

SunsFanIam
06-23-2009, 11:27 AM
the only problem with that is, Amare has hall of fame potential. You would like to get an all star in return for him. Nik has potential but its always better to get a proven commodity such as butler.

:clap::clap: that is the best way of putting it.

jevon80
06-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Throw in McGee and you have a deal.

So you want 3 1st round picks and two expiring contracts.

Lo Porto
06-23-2009, 11:29 AM

Amare is great, but the Wiz might only have him for a year. The #5 pick, great financial flexibility and a promising young player is a good return for one year of Amare. Maybe the Suns could exchange 2nd round picks too if they needed more incentive (#32 for #57).

SunsFanIam
06-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Amare is great, but the Wiz might only have him for a year. The #5 pick, great financial flexibility and a promising young player is a good return for one year of Amare. Maybe the Suns could exchange 2nd round picks too if they needed more incentive (#32 for #57).

I am sure the suns would be willing to give up both second round picks. They just want an all star trade that includes all stars on both sides not the "potential" to be an all star or he was an all star but he is still a 20p 10b guy.

Evolution=FACT
06-23-2009, 02:15 PM
whoa 46 guests. why don't all of you guys sign up to psd and voice your opinions?

I doubt many of them are actually guests. I often just read posts and often don't log in. If I feel like posting, I go through the effort of logging in.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Suns Get: Nick young, salary guy, 5th pick
Wiz get: Amare and the 14th pick.

what an awful trade for the Suns. lets trade Amare to move up 9 slots in the draft basically.

Lets try this again:

Suns get: Butler, salary guy, 5th pick
Wiz get: Amare, barbosa, 14th pick.

thats more like it.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-23-2009, 02:21 PM

please no more Lakers fans....just playen. anyone who doesnt insult people and adds positive stuff is welcome. 46 guests? wow

Evolution=FACT
06-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Suns Get: Nick young, salary guy, 5th pick
Wiz get: Amare and the 14th pick.

what an awful trade for the Suns. lets trade Amare to move up 9 slots in the draft basically.

Lets try this again:

Suns get: Butler, salary guy, 5th pick
Wiz get: Amare, barbosa, 14th pick.

thats more like it.

The suns wouldnt do the trade unless they got caron. it was in the article, basically.

EAGLES3658
06-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Wow, if they could work something out like that I would be so happy. I love Young but Id give him up for Amare.

Young, 5th, and Haywood?

for

Amare and the 14th

That would be dumb for the Suns.

I could see Just Amare for Young and the 5th but I dont see why they would put the 14th in there to.

NYsportsGuru
06-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Amare is just what the Wizards need... A big man.
It's a shame that they couldn't get a deal done without trading Butler.

Joshtd1
06-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Would have been a good deal for the Suns if they got Butler

dre1990
06-23-2009, 02:31 PM
No way is Butler moving. that trades good for both teams withot butler in in it, suprised it didnt go down

hail2theskins21
06-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Can we work this deal out without getting rid of Butler or Jamison? I doubt it but hey, i'll trade Jamison young and 5 for Amare.

J_M_B
06-23-2009, 02:52 PM

Haywood
Amare
Jamison
Butler
Arenas.

That is just ridiculous.

:speechless: scary line-up

STAT32
06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
The 14th pick from the Suns is pretty much untouchable. The reason for that is if we trade Amare away we are definently going into rebuild mode and if that's the case we're going to need all the picks we can get.

juggla53
06-24-2009, 12:01 AM
That is a horrible trade for the suns unless butler was involved

J$mo0th_3o5
06-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Why don't they give up Butler they just got Miller so they would have:

Arenas
Foye
Miller
Jamison
Stoudemire
:speechless:

cmellofan15
06-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Would've been great if Caron wasn't in it

Duncan = Donkey
06-24-2009, 12:50 AM
wouldve been a good deal if butler was included.

no to jamison, he's OLD and has a long and expensive contract. Suns dont need that

cmellofan15
06-24-2009, 12:59 AM

Arenas
Foye
Miller
Jamison
Stoudemire

They already gave that pick, the trades off

WoodbridgeSkins
06-24-2009, 12:59 AM

Arenas
Foye
Miller
Jamison
Stoudemire

I agree! I think the Wizards can trade Butler now since we have Miller. It would give us that post player we need.

D-Amazins
06-24-2009, 01:06 AM
I do not understand why the hell the Wiz are even looking to trade for Amare. They already have Jamison and hes STUD. 20PPG Basically garunteed. What they need is more depth and to stay healthy and they'll most def. be great. With Foye & Miller they add great depth and shooting to the team. If this team can stay healthy and play good together I def. think they could be top 3 seed next yr.

Shortys4711
06-24-2009, 01:10 AM
I agree! I think the Wizards can trade Butler now since we have Miller. It would give us that post player we need.

They cant do that deal now though, they have traded away there 5th pick. And if it was up to me I wouldnt be doing a straight swap Amare for Butler. The 5th pick was the deal maker. Dont get me wrong Butler is a great player but hes no Amare.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-24-2009, 01:11 AM
I do not understand why the hell the Wiz are even looking to trade for Amare. They already have Jamison and hes STUD. 20PPG Basically garunteed. What they need is more depth and to stay healthy and they'll most def. be great. With Foye & Miller they add great depth and shooting to the team. If this team can stay healthy and play good together I def. think they could be top 3 seed next yr.

I want Amare because we NEED more post players. Amare can play center in the east.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-24-2009, 01:12 AM
They cant do that deal now though, they have traded away there 5th pick. And if it was up to me I wouldnt be doing a straight swap Amare for Butler. The 5th pick was the deal maker. Dont get me wrong Butler is a great player but hes no Amare.

Add some young talent like Nick Young or even Andray Blatche.

Shortys4711
06-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Add some young talent like Nick Young or even Andray Blatche.

Swap Amare's name with Shaqs and its a deal. If not you can have shaq anyway. Some one please take Shaq!!!!

Lakersfan2483
06-24-2009, 01:23 AM
The Wizards are foolish for not making that deal, a team of Arenas, Jamison, and Amare would be a nightmare to matchup with. Factor in Haywood down low and they would have a squad ready to compete out East....

Lakersfan2483
06-24-2009, 01:24 AM
I forgot that they acquired Mike Miller and Randy Foye. If they would have landed Amare, they would have been deep.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-24-2009, 01:29 AM
I forgot that they acquired Mike Miller and Randy Foye. If they would have landed Amare, they would have been deep.

We couldn't get Miller and Foye if we traded the 5th for Amare.