PDA

View Full Version : is this lebron james media coverage going to far?

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2009, 11:15 PM
i was just on espn's website and i check out the nba part of it like i always do and they have something on there about how he is moving his basketball camp from akron to san diego. correct me if im wrong, but is that national coverage worthy? i would think it might be in the akron beacon, but espn? now when i saw this, i had to go right into the comment areas because i knew there were gonna be come funny repliues to the articles and their of course were and ill post a couple of those along with the article, so you can see how ridiculous this is. correct me if im wrong and im not even a kobe fan, but isnt he the finals mvp? then why dont we hear more about him instead of lebron and ridiculous things like this? i swear espn= home of favre, lebron, and arod. so what do you guys think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4279178

jumperboi (6/22/2009 at 3:20 PM)
BREAKING NEWS: LeBron James takes a *******. The toilet is now hyped as the best toilet in world history. Full coverage all about it on SportsCenter at 6pm/5pm central.

a5150guy (6/22/2009 at 3:52 PM)
King's Academy. Say it with me people... King's Academy. He is the king of arrogance. The LBJ MVP t-shirt was pretty funny too. He is nothing more than another Brittney Spears or Back Street Boys. Proof if you hype it enough, people will literally buy anything. Never has someone who has done so little in the way of accomplishments received so much. He is right up there with Barak Obama, time will expose these frauds.

jasonbye(6/22/2009 at 4:20 PM)

theassassin32 (6/22/2009 at 3:59 PM) Report Violation What can he possibly teach at his basketball camp, how to be 6'8 260 and get to the rim? It's like Shaq hosting a Freethrow Fundamentals Camp.
-----------

Day 1 - "Making sure your pre-game pose is front page material"
Day 2 - "Losing like a pro: shaking hands is for b*tches"
Day 3 - "Being #1 - making sure people say you have a great team; and making sure only your teammates gets thrown under the boss when you lose"
Day 4 - Free throw day... NAH we gonna teach you how to spend your time on commercials!
Day 5 - How to be called the GOAT without ever winning a ring

Kobedidit2009
06-22-2009, 11:23 PM
it is out of control. you know what the problem is? the nba and espn want lebron no matter what to be the main focus! he could of got knocked in the 1st rd and somehow they coulda said well he played an underdog detroit and they do have rasheed,rip,tayshaun etc...broo its crazy you cant keep them quiet no matter what. It should be kobe 24 7 right now and the lakers just like when boston beat us down they were showing us getting wacked all day to piss all laker fans off and make kobe look worse. Lebron James has been in the league since 2003...its almost 2010 and he has no rings and still isnt a proven shooter...ok he can score! but tmac,vince carter,allen iverson,penny hardaway,etc all could and didnt do much to win...so jump off lebron your making him look worse

Lakersfan2483
06-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Lebron James, Brett Favre, Alex Rodriguez, Terrell Owens are all players you are going to hear about everytime you flip on ESPN.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2009, 11:32 PM
i was just on espn's website and i check out the nba part of it like i always do and they have something on there about how he is moving his basketball camp from akon to san diego. correct me if im wrong, but is that national coverage worry? i would think it might be in the akron beacon, but espn? now when i saw this, i had to go right into the comment areas because i knew there were gonna be come funny repliues to the articles and their of course were and ill post a couple of those along with the article, so you can see how ridiculous this is. correct me if im wrong and im not even a kobe fan, but isnt he the finals mvp? then why dont we hear more about him instead of lebron and ridiculous things like this? i swear espn= home of favre, lebron, and arod. so what do you guys think?

Akon?

Smack dat, all on the floor
Smack dat, give me some more
Smack dat, till you get sore
Smack dat, Oh Ohhhh Ohhhhhhhhh

smith&wesson
06-22-2009, 11:33 PM
it is out of control. you know what the problem is? the nba and espn want lebron no matter what to be the main focus! he could of got knocked in the 1st rd and somehow they coulda said well he played an underdog detroit and they do have rasheed,rip,tayshaun etc...broo its crazy you cant keep them quiet no matter what. It should be kobe 24 7 right now and the lakers just like when boston beat us down they were showing us getting wacked all day to piss all laker fans off and make kobe look worse. Lebron James has been in the league since 2003...its almost 2010 and he has no rings and still isnt a proven shooter...ok he can score! but tmac,vince carter,allen iverson,penny hardaway,etc all could and didnt do much to win...so jump off lebron your making him look worse

lebron = most overated athlete of all time.
this doesnt mean he isnt a great atheleat its just that they make it seem like he is the best who ever existed and it kind of devalues him if you ask me. because as far as im concerned he isnt even the best in his draft.

dwane wade 1 ring
lebron james 0 rings.

and dwane wade did not win that championchip because of shaq. wade was clearly the reason the heat wont that ring. yet he doesnt get talked about in the same breath with lebron. go figure.

and also

kobe 4 rings
lebron 0

yet lebron is known to have surpassed kobe and is better ? well then in that case id rather have the two worst players because they are getting the job done with championships where the greatest of all time cant seem to get to the finals. and when he does he gets swept by the spurs.
its a shame. aint it.

IndyRealist
06-22-2009, 11:42 PM
We're talking about it, aren't we? People read the article, that's the point. You read it. If it really upsets you, organize a boycott of ESPN.com.

DJ CHACH
06-23-2009, 12:00 AM
guys its david stern...he wants to make sure lebron is always around...i wouldnt b surprised if david stern started a team of his own, and magically, lebron signs with him in 2010...the teams is prbably gna b lebron, all the celtics, eddie rush,bennet salvatore, steve javie, kenny mauer, bob delany, violet palmer, joey crawford, zach zarba, haywoode workman...can anybody guess who these ppl are? (hint: they never call travels)

NBA_Starter
06-23-2009, 12:10 AM
It's just like SC during football season.:rolleyes:

ko8e24
06-23-2009, 12:12 AM
lol, this thread is too funny. In before the close!

NYtilIdie
06-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Well he's only one of biggest stars in the league. Kobe and Lebron both get alot of media coverage its not a big deal. Kobe had his own movie, they had their own commercials together, Lebron had that handshake b******* on ESPN, Kobe had a whole day of ESPN coverage after he won the championship, D-Wade has those T-Mobile commercials, it's not like he's the only one who gets alot of coverage that's what happens when your one of the biggest stars in the league. People make excuses like these just to have more reasons to hate.

NYtilIdie
06-23-2009, 12:17 AM
It's just like SC during football season.:rolleyes:

especially after MNF lol

superkegger
06-23-2009, 12:20 AM
I don't think it's gone far enough.

Kobedidit2009
06-23-2009, 12:30 AM
thankyou!!!!!!!!! lebron has no titles that punk! and he may neverr get them unless he gets his head together and stops complaining about help. Dwayne Wade has 1 even...goshhhh im tired of Lebron James... I want him somehow to get the finals so kobe can rip him in half just like we did everytime we played clev...kobe was sick and still schooled him. Lebron goes i wont go to the dunk contest...he thinks hes god....kobe will get you eventually bro and when he does what will david stern say then? nothing! no excuses when he outplays and wacks you =D you gotta be hungry lebron! stomach growling? have u seen his 4 championship rings? the 4 u do not have! hahahaa

LakerzDQ
06-23-2009, 12:31 AM
it's not lebron's fault though..

no need to hate on him. it's the media's fault.

Kobedidit2009
06-23-2009, 12:34 AM
you know why he always says kobe is the best because if he makes kobe angry kobe will abuse him everytime they see eachother in a game and humiliate him!

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2009, 12:34 AM
We're talking about it, aren't we? People read the article, that's the point. You read it. If it really upsets you, organize a boycott of ESPN.com.

yes that is true. i think mainly more then half the people that read the article was to read what other people had to say. i know i sure did for that simple reason.

theuuord
06-23-2009, 12:36 AM
stop this madness.

borat
06-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Just imagine if he goes to the Knicks.

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2009, 12:40 AM

omg i can only imagine. BREAKING NEWS: lebron eats his first slice of new york style pizza. was it pepperoni or sausage? details on sports center right after the game.

theuuord
06-23-2009, 12:48 AM
omg i can only imagine. BREAKING NEWS: lebron eats his first slice of new york style pizza. was it pepperoni or sausage? details on sports center right after the game.

PSD spent 16 pages talking about a player's vacation t-shirt.

you can't blame the media for that.

jiggajay23
06-23-2009, 01:24 AM
guys its david stern...he wants to make sure lebron is always around...i wouldnt b surprised if david stern started a team of his own, and magically, lebron signs with him in 2010...the teams is prbably gna b lebron, all the celtics, eddie rush,bennet salvatore, steve javie, kenny mauer, bob delany, violet palmer, joey crawford, zach zarba, haywoode workman...can anybody guess who these ppl are? (hint: they never call travels)

david stern- Is Such -A -Fun Austere Goodfellow Governing Over Today. some might not understand what this means, but for those who are smart, they know that the letters of the CAPS LOCK will solve this riddle

asandhu23
06-23-2009, 01:38 AM
I am going to bet anything...anything if LeBron ends up in NY...he is going to end up on the stupid crap called Gossip Girls...

kb24ap28
06-23-2009, 02:16 AM

:laugh:

chadillachembre
06-23-2009, 02:19 AM
yes.

kb24ap28
06-23-2009, 02:30 AM
yes.

hahaha short and sweet

ldawg
06-23-2009, 07:49 AM
jeez nba/espn get out this guy jock strap

lexworld2009
06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
it has gotten to the point that it is funny, but everyone knows how espn is already when they set thier sight on sum1 it's none stop, I mean hell look at the coverage a 40 yr, Brett Favre gets and he hasn't been relevant to his teams for the past 7 seasons .....its jus funny now to me thats all it is

azkarraga
06-23-2009, 08:24 AM
not till his face is on the 1 dollar bill

agoody117
06-23-2009, 09:28 AM
espn is to lebron james

as cnn is to barack obama

OMG HE KILLED A FLY!

tr3ymill3r
06-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Unfortunately this is LeBron's World and we're all just living in it having to WITNESS all this stupid coverage that nobody truly cares about.

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
its all madness i say MADNESS

king4day
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
What's the difference between he and Kobe? LBJ is the most marketable thing going right now.
I just don't pay attention to it.

MiamiHeat
06-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Just image if he wins a ring
:ohno:

the comments were funny, and yes Lebron is overhyped

king4day
06-23-2009, 03:13 PM
its all madness i say MADNESS

Would that be Macho Madness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtyM-kfVQsw&feature=PlayList&p=8F49D754EA49154D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6)?

Vinny642
06-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Lebron James,Kobe, Brett Favre, Alex Rodriguez, Terrell Owens are all players you are going to hear about everytime you flip on ESPN.

OMFG I agree, all those people are always on ESPN, its getting annoying. Recently Favre and Lebron.

tr4shb0t
06-23-2009, 03:37 PM
The NBA pays ESPN, so they say whatever Stern wants...news or not. Lebron is the favorite until he starts coming out of his prime, then Stern will pick the next puppet and the same thing will happen. Look past it if you can.

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2009, 03:57 PM
The NBA pays ESPN, so they say whatever Stern wants...news or not. Lebron is the favorite until he starts coming out of his prime, then Stern will pick the next puppet and the same thing will happen. Look past it if you can.

you know i dont pay too much attention to conspiracy theories, but watching the playoffs this year really has got me thinking something is going on. its kind of funny in the last couple years how the rules have been changed to allow people like kobe and lbj to be able to get more fouls and score more points. remember back in 03 when tmac would put up 60 and that was a big deal at the time. now how many 60 point games have we had since then? i mean before 04, 60 points was hard to come by and now it happens it seems like a couple times a season. i think this year though stern really tried to push kobe and lebron to meet in the finals, but the magic over came all of that and took care of business. i now think stern is up to something.

LA_Raiders
06-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Lol, Stern & ESPN love LeBroom...