PDA

View Full Version : Rubio Reportedly Reaches Contract Buyout with Spanish Club

S.J.Basketball
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Sam Amick of the Sacramento Bee reported Sunday morning that Ricky Rubio, a projected high pick in Thursday's NBA draft, is on the precipice of finalizing a buy-out agreement with his Spanish club, DKV Joventut. No word on how much of the $6.6 million owed to Joventut will be cut from the deal, but Amick said the resulting amount will be something feasible for Rubio, who should be a top five pick.

Further news on the Rubio beat: he met with Thunder officials in L.A. this weekend, and he will reportedly re-visit Sacramento today, where he is expected to engage in a work-out.

At last word, Sacramento had gotten cold feet. DraftExpress' Jonathan Givony nails the sentiment in today's round-up: Kings management fears Rubio will need some time to transition to NBA basketball, and management doesn't have much time for the team to show massive improvement. This is irrelevant if the Thunder really like Ricky, though. (OKC picks No. 3, Sacramento No. 4.)

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/22/rubio-reportedly-reaches-contract-buy-out-with-spanish-club/

Thoughts?

29$JerZ
06-22-2009, 04:13 PM
As a Knicks fan it sucks because I believe Nike would really help Rubio pay out his contract immediately and he would look nice in blue and orange.

As for the news, it appears he'll be Sacremento bound.

From everything I';ve been reading as of late Jordan Hill will be the Griz's pick because Thabeet/Rubio have expressed no interest their. Thabeet will be drafted by Thunder because they need a C and he actually wants to play there with Westbrook/Durant/Green.

azkarraga
06-22-2009, 04:28 PM
dont know if he's reached an agreement with his former team, but if he has, i would pick him up at #1. and if he hasn't, too.

AI4MVP
06-22-2009, 04:31 PM
As a Knicks fan it sucks because I believe Nike would really help Rubio pay out his contract immediately and he would look nice in blue and orange.

As for the news, it appears he'll be Sacremento bound.

From everything I';ve been reading as of late Jordan Hill will be the Griz's pick because Thabeet/Rubio have expressed no interest their. Thabeet will be drafted by Thunder because they need a C and he actually wants to play there with Westbrook/Durant/Green.

as a ricky rubio fan, id also like to see him play for the knicks. i think his true potential will come out if he plays under a coach like mike dantoni.

i havent heard anthing about the grizzlies picking jordan hill, but if they do, dont you think that theyd trade down at least? idk

and yeah thabeet wud be a great pick for the thunder. the thunder tried to get chandler but that deal got messed up, so now they get thabeet without giving up anything. i actually think thabeet will be better then chandler. just my opinion

Catfish1314
06-22-2009, 04:34 PM
If he works out with the Kings, I have a feeling the "cold feet" will go away pretty quickly.

Paul Westphal likes to run. The Kings need a point guard. Rumors (and they are just rumors) indicate Rubio is off the Grizzlies board and the Thunder will take Harden or Thabeet.

If he's there, Geoff, draft him. Please.

azkarraga
06-22-2009, 04:38 PM
do you see him fitting a run and gun team?

AI4MVP
06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
im telling you guys. if hes put in the right situation, ricky rubio will have a chris paul-like impact on this league, being an mvp candidate in his 3rd year

Catfish1314
06-22-2009, 04:46 PM
do you see him fitting a run and gun team?

That's where he belongs. Scouting reports and YouTube highlights indicate he's also very good at creating in halfcourt sets, but an uptempo system like Sacramento or New York would be ideal for him.

29$JerZ
06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
as a ricky rubio fan, id also like to see him play for the knicks. i think his true potential will come out if he plays under a coach like mike dantoni.

i havent heard anthing about the grizzlies picking jordan hill, but if they do, dont you think that theyd trade down at least? idk

and yeah thabeet wud be a great pick for the thunder. the thunder tried to get chandler but that deal got messed up, so now they get thabeet without giving up anything. i actually think thabeet will be better then chandler. just my opinion

Well here is where it gets a bit crazy :)

Washington and NY apparently have had talks involving the 5th pick and Jared Jefferies and Larry Hughes. Apparently they miss those two and feel veterans who have past experience with the team during the early 2000's would get the team over the hump.

If that comes to frution the knicks would have the 5th/8th picks of the draft.
Which can equate to 3 things.

1 - Steph Curry gets drafted by us at 5
2 - Sacremento passes on Rubio believeing they need to get as many wins as possible and they believe their current sqaud won't amount to many more wins which the pressure of the Pietre (forgot his name) being fired with 1 deal left
3 - Knicks can trade up from 5 to 2 and get Rubio or Thabeet for essentially Steph Curry/Jorda Hill at 5

Either way Rubio can very well find himself in Sacrmento,NY or any of the teams who pick before us :)

At this point I'll be happy with just the 5th only giving up Jared/Larry :laugh:

sacgiants1213
06-22-2009, 04:51 PM
rubio says he like the run n gun style. Westphal likes to run, rubio likes to run, seems like a perfect fit to me. Hopefully kings draft this kid, we need some media attention.

Kabowdos
06-22-2009, 04:52 PM
im telling you guys. if hes put in the right situation, ricky rubio will have a chris paul-like impact on this league, being an mvp candidate in his 3rd year

My goodness... let's compare Rubio to CP3. Rubio is 18 and has 0 NBA experience. Your a homer. Stop posting.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I would love my Wolves to move up and take him.

lakers4sho
06-22-2009, 04:56 PM
As a Rubio fan I would NOT like him to play for the Knicks IF they are going to get LeBron in 2010.

azkarraga
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
yeah, the kid might well be great, but the comparison is a bit far fetched.

and, i dont know why, i see him fitting better in a halfcourt set. somehow D'antoni system needs pg with a nice jumper, like Nash.

king4day
06-22-2009, 05:05 PM
My goodness... let's compare Rubio to CP3. Rubio is 18 and has 0 NBA experience. Your a homer. Stop posting.

How is he a homer? He likes Rubio and it's not like he's going to the Suns.
Rubio really could become one of the the best.
No need to rip him for his opinion.