PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Sabermetrics School and Analysis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

spliff(TONE)
01-29-2019, 04:27 PM
Cool would've been if the SF Giants could have gotten Jurickson Profar. I found top 20 Jurickson Profar (SS,1B,2B,3B,LF), but the A's already have snatched him away. See what a well stocked farm can do? BTW the Rockies have been in on the multiple position players such as Ian Desmond and others already. Now the G's have to wait for players such as "old," creaky vet Ryan Braun or Carlos Santana next year or guys who aren't top 40 anymore. They may not be top 80 like Brandon Belt haha. Sorry, couldn't help myself.https://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

jasonbourne
01-30-2019, 11:02 AM
It's funny to see you wag your finger at Belt supporters and then lament the fact that the Giants didn't bother going after a player who has never had a season as good as Brandon Belt's worst season. And for all of that coveted "defensive versatility" he's known for, he's never been a particularly good defender, and has mostly sucked.

So in summation - shut the hell up for once.

Let's get one thing straight. Belt's prime is past him. He gets injured and will be lucky to get around 100 games this season. Jurickson Profar broke out to his highest WAR last season 2.0 and played 146 games. Also, he's considered a top 20 1B while Belt is > top 80. This based on Steamer and projections. The Giants are stuck with Belt so my thinking is use him during the late innings if the Gs are in the lead by one or two runs if they need defense. Profar has actually played 1B, so he can play the position (he's not a Bryce Harper where Boras touts him to be able to play 1B). Anyway, the As got him. I don't think there is anyone the Giants can get now. If Bobby Evans was still running things, then he'll probably go for Carlos Santana or Ryan Braun. TG we got Farhan Zaidi.

Finally, you just want me to not talk because you have no sabermetric argument. You didn't present any. That's weak sauce in the sabermetrics forum. I don't want to get tossed by Rush, so we are done.

spliff(TONE)
01-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Oh my gosh, make it stop. :facepalm: