PDA

View Full Version : Busy Draft?

nyKnicks126
06-22-2009, 10:11 AM
What do you think, will the 2009 NBA draft be a busy one as far as trades are concerned?

BTownTeamsRKing
06-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Very busy. Why?

This draft is seen as a weaker draft. (I personally think theres a lot of potential)

Some teams will value some players much higher than others.

Example: Ricky Rubio. memphis will trade out of this spot. and thats only the beginning.

nyKnicks126
06-22-2009, 10:33 AM
I definately agree with you there!

BTownTeamsRKing
06-22-2009, 10:40 AM
I definately agree with you there!

another good example is Steph Curry. Some teams love him and think he can be a great scorer, others think hes too small and will have trouble in the physical NBA game.

NYman15
06-22-2009, 10:41 AM
yea all i have heard is that people are thinking that there will be more deals on draft night than ever before

Brooklyn Mets
06-22-2009, 11:46 AM
i think there is going to be a lot of trades on draft night.. there are so many rumored trades that will probably all go down within the first hour..

Kyle N.
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I expect a good deal of trades, big or small.

pd7631
06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Very busy. Why?

This draft is seen as a weaker draft. (I personally think theres a lot of potential)

Some teams will value some players much higher than others.

Example: Ricky Rubio. memphis will trade out of this spot. and thats only the beginning.

I think you just said why it will be a busy draft. Since it is considered a weaker draft, I can see a lot of teams trying to trade down.

There's also the Rubio situation, where he's said that he won't play for Memphis or OKC.

The Wizards may move Antawn Jamison at the draft, or they could try and move the 5th pick in order to bring in a couple more pieces around Arenas, Butler, and Jamison to put them back into contention.

There are rumors of the Sixers and Bobcats making a deal that would send Sammy Dalembert and the 17th pick to Charlotte in exchange for Vlad Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammed, and the 12th pick.

It's quite clear that the Cavs are trying to improve, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them invloved in a draft day deal.

....and I'm sure that there are many more trade rumors around the draft that I haven't heard.

Obviously there are rumors like this every year around draft time, and more often than not there aren't too many big deals that go down. But I definitely think that the potential is there this year for a lot of things to happen on draft night.

ottograham14
06-22-2009, 12:38 PM
It seems with almost every team trying to cut cost to stay within the cap and not pay much of a luxury tax that there might be some big names out there on draft day this year. Also like most of you said it is a weak draft so some teams think higher of some players than most.

I can see the bigger teams actually getting pretty busy this draft such as Dallas, Cleveland, Boston.......teams like that who are willing to pay the luxury tax and do anything they can to get better. I thought after the year ended as a Cavs fan that the draft would not be good due to them having the #30 pick, but with all the rumors around and just them saying they want to improve that this year is going to be very exciting. Also seeing what Washington will do should be interesting.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
I think you just said why it will be a busy draft. Since it is considered a weaker draft, I can see a lot of teams trying to trade down.

There's also the Rubio situation, where he's said that he won't play for Memphis or OKC.

The Wizards may move Antawn Jamison at the draft, or they could try and move the 5th pick in order to bring in a couple more pieces around Arenas, Butler, and Jamison to put them back into contention.

There are rumors of the Sixers and Bobcats making a deal that would send Sammy Dalembert and the 17th pick to Charlotte in exchange for Vlad Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammed, and the 12th pick.

It's quite clear that the Cavs are trying to improve, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them invloved in a draft day deal.

....and I'm sure that there are many more trade rumors around the draft that I haven't heard.

Obviously there are rumors like this every year around draft time, and more often than not there aren't too many big deals that go down. But I definitely think that the potential is there this year for a lot of things to happen on draft night.

and there is that speculation in Boston of possible trades involving Rondo (unlikely) and Ray Allen (possible). it should be a fun night of NBA moves.

pd7631
06-22-2009, 01:54 PM
and there is that speculation in Boston of possible trades involving Rondo (unlikely) and Ray Allen (possible). it should be a fun night of NBA moves.

I wonder how KG and Pierce would feel if Ray Allen was shipped out. If KG were healthy this year they would have had a real shot of winning back to back rings. I'd stick with the big 3 until their contracts run out.