PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to Watch Games Black Out Free?

ZHAKIDD532
06-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to cut costs on the cable. The only thing holding me back is being able to watch sports. Is there a good service that'll give me a way to watch games online?

The Mets play on cable most days so I can't just use an antenna or something. Any suggestions?

degnor
06-22-2009, 01:20 AM
MLB.TV is nice, but it can get pricey. I think they marked them down to 80 bucks for the rest of the season, something like that. Trust me, it is MORE than worth it, there's nothing better to do on your teams off-day than to watch a game between two teams you never watch and just follow it. It's cool. If you're interested, just go to mlb.com. It's all there.

BTW, be careful, if you're within the market, they might black you out, even if you don't get cable. I think this might be your case so be wary. You can call them up and give them a different address (they screwed me up when I was down in Miami, pretending that I was somehow in the NY market) but you gotta have the IP address to prove it.

Besides that, this website has helped me watch Rangers games when I was out of market.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

I don't know how well baseball works on it, never tried it for that.

cheerio
06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
MLB.TV is nice, but it can get pricey. I think they marked them down to 80 bucks for the rest of the season, something like that. Trust me, it is MORE than worth it, there's nothing better to do on your teams off-day than to watch a game between two teams you never watch and just follow it. It's cool. If you're interested, just go to mlb.com. It's all there.

BTW, be careful, if you're within the market, they might black you out, even if you don't get cable. I think this might be your case so be wary. You can call them up and give them a different address (they screwed me up when I was down in Miami, pretending that I was somehow in the NY market) but you gotta have the IP address to prove it.

Besides that, this website has helped me watch Rangers games when I was out of market.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

I don't know how well baseball works on it, never tried it for that.

MLB tv is really your only option to not get blackouts, once again you have to sacrifice money for availability

ZHAKIDD532
06-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I did MLB.tv last year and it blacked out Mets games unfortunately.

S.P.
06-22-2009, 10:56 PM
If you live locally, you can find a local bar. But that could end up exceeding your cable cost.

infernoscurse
06-23-2009, 12:04 PM
google Myp2p they stream all kind of sports