PDA

View Full Version : what is lebrons goal?

Kobedidit2009
06-21-2009, 06:57 PM
well ive just created my account first off. Second i would like to speak about Lebron James and what is said about him and what he really is about. What confuses me is everyone claims he needs help that is why he lost to Orlando butt when the cavs were winning 60 something games his team was great defensively and Lebron has the ability "so called" to score at will but suddenly he loses and its delonte,mo,zydrunas,and everyone elses fault? the nba to me is out of control because Lebron is individually elevating himself and has not won for cleveland the ultimate goal is a championship right? and when espn and everyone claims kobe is not a winner he leads his teammates and defeats the magic pretty easily with key plays in overtimes and 4th qtrs. Lebron to me is misleadinh everyone,he will not win a title with all of these excuses being made! What more help does he want and i read about Vince Carter being traded to cleveland(which probably is not happening) but if Lebron gets vince and gets wacked does that mean vince wasnt good enough? I just wanna know how everyone else feels? Dwayne Wade really had no help and fought but Lebron man the east finals doesnt win it..!! And hes had almost 6 years in cleveland ..hype over!

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:00 PM
welcome here, lebron is over hyped

prodigy
06-21-2009, 07:02 PM
^^^deshawn stevenson is that you? How you been man. What have you been doin since your 15min of fame ran up?

I can't remember lebron ever complaining. Plus he did avg 35ppg vs the magic, lol.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:04 PM
is that to me or the guy who started the thread

tr4shb0t
06-21-2009, 07:07 PM
He cares too much about his own stats and forgets about the point of the game...to win. Oops.

Maybe someday he will be mature enough, but until then the refs look over their child.

Kobedidit2009
06-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Lebron has a 60 plus win team...all consistent shooters a good center a good bench and himself and gets wacked every year...wooohoo and scores 35 to win everynight? wasnt kobe the bad one? haha who wins the title now? its obvious Lebron if you cant win stop fooling the cavs! Deshawn Stevenson i understand his frustration because although Lebron stopped him and his injured wizards team every year did he stop Dwight? When he really needed to step up? what about in the finals against spurs? he fell sweeping short!

prodigy
06-21-2009, 07:13 PM
is that to me or the guy who started the thread

you called lebron overrated. Just like stevenson did.

philab
06-21-2009, 07:16 PM
He cares too much about his own stats and forgets about the point of the game...to win. Oops.

Maybe someday he will be mature enough, but until then the refs look over their child.

You are out of your ****ing mind. Try watching the games for a change.

prodigy
06-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Lebron has a 60 plus win team...all consistent shooters a good center a good bench and himself and gets wacked every year...wooohoo and scores 35 to win everynight? wasnt kobe the bad one? haha who wins the title now? its obvious Lebron if you cant win stop fooling the cavs! Deshawn Stevenson i understand his frustration because although Lebron stopped him and his injured wizards team every year did he stop Dwight? When he really needed to step up? what about in the finals against spurs? he fell sweeping short!

? so the cavs should take pitty on the wiz because they are wimps and can't stay helathy? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!! ok boy?

Nobody ever said kobe was bad. But as a single player, Lebron is better. Which is kinda common since when you brake everything down. rebounding, passing, steals, block shots, FG % etc....

Now go back into your hole, learn the game then speak dog...

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:18 PM
you called lebron overrated. Just like stevenson did.

lol no i said overHYPED
i dont like him but he is great

Kobedidit2009
06-21-2009, 07:19 PM
You are out of your ****ing mind. Try watching the games for a change.

We all watch the games....I seen Lebron have a 60 plus win team consistent good team...and watch him get eliminated and have his team get trashed for not helping him when in fact they helped him all season!...its not right how all those good ball players on cleveland get called out for not helping! they hit more key shots then anyone and he messed up and had a bad last game against orlando...hes a overrated prick and no matter where he goes people jump on his jock because hes hyped...Hyped for wht? an mvp? no trophy to any city he goes to i live in nyc we get him ill never turn on the tv!

prodigy
06-21-2009, 07:20 PM
lol no i said overHYPED
i dont like him but he is great

difference? explain?

rapswin98
06-21-2009, 07:21 PM
get as many triple doubles as he can

Kobedidit2009
06-21-2009, 07:22 PM
? so the cavs should take pitty on the wiz because they are wimps and can't stay helathy? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!! ok boy?

Nobody ever said kobe was bad. But as a single player, Lebron is better. Which is kinda common since when you brake everything down. rebounding, passing, steals, block shots, FG % etc....

Now go back into your hole, learn the game then speak dog...

all im saying is that he comes through when its not time to...and when it really counts he messes up 2007 sa,2009 orlando,he can put up numbers all he wants remember tmac with orlando at 32ppg and no wins. Kobe is a winner and is better and more clutch and Lebron will never score 81 pts or 35.4ppg and you know that! Lebron chokes...Give Oj Mayo tht much power see him score 30 also just like Lebron stats dont make a winner usually its the overall effort by a team!

prodigy
06-21-2009, 07:22 PM
We all watch the games....I seen Lebron have a 60 plus win team consistent good team...and watch him get eliminated and have his team get trashed for not helping him when in fact they helped him all season!...its not right how all those good ball players on cleveland get called out for not helping! they hit more key shots then anyone and he messed up and had a bad last game against orlando...hes a overrated prick and no matter where he goes people jump on his jock because hes hyped...Hyped for wht? an mvp? no trophy to any city he goes to i live in nyc we get him ill never turn on the tv!

mo williams choked in the playoffs, Z was to beat down to help much.(not his fault, He has a big heart, Just ran out of gas.) west was only OK.

The cavs need help. Thats common since. They have a good team, But with a signing or 2, they could be great.

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2009, 07:24 PM
haha jesus christ man.

listen, i love kobe and lebron as players. they are two of my top 10 favorite players to watch.

But wow, i can't stand kobe and lebron fans.

Listen. Kobe is more talented and has more rings. But you can't deny that the teams that have surrounded Kobe have been 100x better than anything Lebron has ever had.

Kobe had PRIME Shaq

Kobe had Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and the best bench in the NBA.

Lebron had a bunch of midgets who cant create their own shot, an old ogre who has trunks for legs, and sideshow bob.

I hate the cavs because their team is almost laughable and really boring outside of lebron. so when they ended up with the best record in the NBA i had to tip my hat off to lebron for carrying that ****** *** team on his back.

You kobe fans can keep *****ing but you can't deny that, at LEAST admit that.

The span of years where Kobe didn't have Shaq up until only a couple years ago (04-07) the Lakers were very mediocre. I'd say they had the same amount of talent that Cleveland had and they even hit the lottery at one point.

What was kobe doing then?

Kobe is more talented and dominant with his finesse. Lebron is more athletically dominant and younger.

its plain and simple.

Im glad Kobe got a ring to prove the doubters wrong, but to put the blame on Lebron on these playoffs is downright ******** and is purely out of hate from well... the haters.

35.3 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 7.3 apg, 37+ eff

He played unbelievable and he should have been averaging 12-13 apg had his teammates been hitting the open shots he was getting them while being triple teamed.

are you guys really that ********?

no your not, so stop making these ridiculous threads and be happy that kobe got another chip.

You Kobe fans should know all to well (last years finals maybe?) at how frustrating it can be when ur team simply cant get it done when ur star player is trying everything he can.

Don't worry your precious kobe played extremely well in these playoffs too and deserved the ring, so before u start *****ing just sit back down.

im done :)

rapswin98
06-21-2009, 07:24 PM
difference? explain?if your jus as good as another guy and draw more attention to the media than the other guy, you are over hyped

prodigy
06-21-2009, 07:25 PM
all im saying is that he comes through when its not time to...and when it really counts he messes up 2007 sa,2009 orlando,he can put up numbers all he wants remember tmac with orlando at 32ppg and no wins. Kobe is a winner and is better and more clutch and Lebron will never score 81 pts or 35.4ppg and you know that! Lebron chokes...Give Oj Mayo tht much power see him score 30 also just like Lebron stats dont make a winner usually its the overall effort by a team!

cavs vs magic. Game 2. thank you come again.

leborn avg 35-8-8 lol. He did want he could. The cavs were just out matched. West has to cover turk, Nobody could stop dwight 'the camper'' howard. Just gotta get better. Get a good center/pf and a taller SG.

dos132
06-21-2009, 07:25 PM
lebron were overrated.... again?

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:27 PM
difference? explain?

LOL ummm well Lebron is the best or 2nd best player but the media thinks he is god

prodigy
06-21-2009, 07:27 PM
if your jus as good as another guy and draw more attention to the media than the other guy, you are over hyped

overhyped- when you are talked about more then you should be.

overrated- when you are talked about more then you should be.

You can twist the words however you want. samething.

f19ure
06-21-2009, 07:29 PM
welcome here, lebron is over hyped

:eyebrow:

And Chris Paul isn't?

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
overhyped- when you are talked about more then you should be.

overrated- when you are talked about more then you should be.

You can twist the words however you want. samething.

no overrated is when you are rated higher then your supposed to be

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:31 PM
:eyebrow:

And Chris Paul isn't?

Not like Lebron, Lebron had his own show on espn with Kobe called Dream Season 23 and 24. Lebron gets soo many BS commercials...

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Chris Paul dont get that ****, even after leading the league in assist and steal for the second year straight. You dont see a new chris paul thread here evryday do you? I seen 2 for lebron today

f19ure
06-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Not like Lebron, Lebron had his own show on espn with Kobe called Dream Season 23 and 24. Lebron gets soo many BS commercials...

They deserved it, both individuals did have a dream season. Hell, even LeBron's performance in the Eastern Conference Finals was noteworthy. What did Chris Paul do to garner any of the attention he has? Oh Yeah... His @$$ got spanked in the Western Conference First Round. :rolleyes:

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:45 PM
They deserved it, both individuals did have a dream season. Hell, even LeBron's performance in the Eastern Conference Finals was noteworthy. What did Chris Paul do to garner any of the attention he has? Oh Yeah... His @$$ got spanked in the Western Conference First Round. :rolleyes:

I dont know, his averages of the last two years are some of the best averages of any PG ever?? And if you are going to blame New Orleans loss in the playoffs on Paul then your stupid because he showed up, everybody else did not.

Teeboy1487
06-21-2009, 07:46 PM
I hate when people say the cavs have no talent. They won 66 games and that's not a fluke. However, I kind of knew the cavs were not going to win the championship because they struggled against the elite teams. I think Lebron wants to win as much as anybody, but the cav's front office better get some more talent with Lebron or it will be the same result as this year only sooner because those idiot celtics might be healthy again.

dodgers310
06-21-2009, 07:51 PM

Dont forget the 24 Hours of Lebron when he turned 24 years old!!!!

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 07:52 PM
^^^LOL

Im still wondering how he compared CPs hype to Lebrons

KBfrom8to24
06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
no overrated is when you are rated higher then your supposed to be

agreed.:clap::clap::clap:and if someone who has achieve nothing, being compared to a 13-year veteran, w/ a jordanesque acomplishments...well that is clearly overhyping someone.:mad::mad::mad: so, i say lebron is overhype!!!

f19ure
06-21-2009, 08:09 PM
I dont know, his averages of the last two years are some of the best averages of any PG ever??

LeBron's averages for the last two years are the best averages of any Small Forward in like forever. You're point? :eyebrow:

And if you are going to blame New Orleans loss in the playoffs on Paul then your stupid because he showed up, everybody else did not.

He showed up? 16.6 pts, 10.4 asts, 4.4 rbs, 1.6 stls and a FG% of 41.1 (hell even his 3-pt shooting) all down from his regular season averages. And don't use the "his teammates didn't show up" excuse. LeBron's teammates showed up all season long, but failed to show up when it mattered most. They choked, I don't hear anybody mentioning that? Yet, unlike Chris Paul, James didn't disappear.

And if 4 pts, 6 asts, 6 turn overs (and losing by 58-points) in 36 minutes of play sounds like showing up to you, then get your eyes checked ni99a. :D

That piece was a bit redundant.

^^^LOL

Im still wondering how he compared CPs hype to Lebrons

It's simple, if you're gonna' talk smack, then be man enough to talk smack about your own favorite player who also gets some much undeserved attention (in my honest opinion).

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Undeserved, he doesnt get nearly as much as Lebron, no one does, Lebron is good but come on. I never said Lebron's teammates showed up??? And since u brought out stats on CP bring out the rest of the starters and posey?? Do it! Then you'll see what I mean.

Also Lebron is getting compared to Jordan all the time but he still didnt win a title.

And yes Chris Paul deserved all the attention he gets for being in a tny market place and putting a team on his back and running it.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
LeBron's averages for the last two years are the best averages of any Small Forward in like forever. You're point? :eyebrow:

He showed up? 16.6 pts, 10.4 asts, 4.4 rbs, 1.6 stls and a FG% of 41.1 (hell even his 3-pt shooting) all down from his regular season averages. And don't use the "his teammates didn't show up" excuse. LeBron's teammates showed up all season long, but failed to show up when it mattered most. They choked, I don't hear anybody mentioning that? Yet, unlike Chris Paul, James didn't disappear.

And if 4 pts, 6 asts, 6 turn overs (and losing by 58-points) in 36 minutes of play sounds like showing up to you, then get your eyes checked ni99a. :D

That piece was a bit redundant.

It's simple, if you're gonna' talk smack, then be man enough to talk smack about your own favorite player who also gets some much undeserved attention (in my honest opinion).

For the bold- My point is that Chris Paul does deserve the attention because of that, you said he doesnt deserve attention, but his averages say otherwise.

For the italicized part- Excluding the one 58 point loss game, look at Cp's average, during most of the season he was trying to get his team into the game before himself.

For the underlined part- Back to what I was saying, I dont Chris Paul getting really any hype. Its always about Lebron, as long as he has a good game or does something ESPN is d**kriding him.

ogtransphat
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Everybody on the Cavs got the big head syndrome. Its not Lebrons fault, but he's not faultless. Kobe went into the playoffs serious knowing they could be beat at any second.On the other hand the Cavs, as a whole, went into the playoffs with the best record in the NBA thinking the were unstoppable. Pair them against two good but mediocre teams that they sweep = less focus."unstoppable" East finals, same mentallity that its gonna come easy. so do i think he's overhyped? Yes. I love the fact that We as Clevelander's may have the slightest chance of maybe, in my lifetime win a championship. There is one determining factor- GREED. Will lebron take a paycut like Jordan to build a guaranteed championship team? no-His #'s may go down and that may take some of the spotlight off of him and we all know he cant do it by himself. WITNESS=NOTHING Were losing hope in cleveland again. maybe mangini can get us to the playoffs. lol In the end, Lebrons goal? bigger city

GspLAL
06-21-2009, 08:43 PM
I dunno what's worse, idiots making threads like this, or people adding fuel to the fire.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 08:46 PM
^^^ am i adding fuel to the fire?

Born a Brave
06-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Great article comparing LeBron's game winning 3 pointer against the Magic in this year's playoffs and Michael Jordan's game winner over Ehlo in the 1989 playoffs..... Must read for all NBA fans!!!!!

http://www.atlantabravesnews.com/bornabrave/weblog/7634/le-shot-will-never-replace-the-shot.html

Kobedidit2009
06-22-2009, 01:07 AM
When Lebron is 30 and has a huge beard and no championship and is banged up and the money has truly gotten to him and hes laying in a place like charlotte or the knicks with truly no help....when everyones complaining and saying he has no help he truly will know what its like when Chris Duhon and Wilson Chandler are his teammates! What does this kid want Vince carter and shaq? distgusting man

_KB24_
06-22-2009, 01:37 AM
Undeserved, he doesnt get nearly as much as Lebron, no one does, Lebron is good but come on. I never said Lebron's teammates showed up??? And since u brought out stats on CP bring out the rest of the starters and posey?? Do it! Then you'll see what I mean.

Also Lebron is getting compared to Jordan all the time but he still didnt win a title.

And yes Chris Paul deserved all the attention he gets for being in a tny market place and putting a team on his back and running it.

CP3 is under the radar when it comes to hype in the league. CP is a beast and is a Top 5 player in the league and he doesn't get enough credit. He was disappointing in the playoffs this year and you have to admit whether you like it or not, put he still put out better numbers than 50% of the league. Lebron is all hype and all these stupid comparisons and media coverage are BS, let him accomplish something before they compare him to greats. David Stern and ESPN will ****ing jizz in their pants if Lebron will ever come close to winning a title.

BigEric
06-22-2009, 01:44 AM
You all need to calm down. I'm sure you guys, along with Lebron and Kobe just want to rock down to Electric Avenue, and THEN we'll take it higher. C'mon now...

BigEric
06-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Well since this thread changed to "Lebron is overrated and overhyped", I'll steer it back to the question at hand. Lebron wants to win= staying with the Cavs. Lebron wants money, he goes to the Knicks, Lebron makes Kings fans happy and signs with the Kings. Those are his only three options, in my opinion :).

QuaLiThADoN
06-22-2009, 01:50 AM

LMFAO that was completely rediculous

GoatMilk
06-22-2009, 01:53 AM
i agree that he's overhyped. it was cool a few years ago, but now it's overkill.

it's unfortunate too because he's a great player.

KG2TB
06-22-2009, 01:54 AM
haha jesus christ man.

listen, i love kobe and lebron as players. they are two of my top 10 favorite players to watch.

But wow, i can't stand kobe and lebron fans.

Listen. Kobe is more talented and has more rings. But you can't deny that the teams that have surrounded Kobe have been 100x better than anything Lebron has ever had.

Kobe had PRIME Shaq

Kobe had Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and the best bench in the NBA.

Lebron had a bunch of midgets who cant create their own shot, an old ogre who has trunks for legs, and sideshow bob.

I hate the cavs because their team is almost laughable and really boring outside of lebron. so when they ended up with the best record in the NBA i had to tip my hat off to lebron for carrying that ****** *** team on his back.

You kobe fans can keep *****ing but you can't deny that, at LEAST admit that.

The span of years where Kobe didn't have Shaq up until only a couple years ago (04-07) the Lakers were very mediocre. I'd say they had the same amount of talent that Cleveland had and they even hit the lottery at one point.

What was kobe doing then?

Kobe is more talented and dominant with his finesse. Lebron is more athletically dominant and younger.

its plain and simple.

Im glad Kobe got a ring to prove the doubters wrong, but to put the blame on Lebron on these playoffs is downright ******** and is purely out of hate from well... the haters.

35.3 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 7.3 apg, 37+ eff

He played unbelievable and he should have been averaging 12-13 apg had his teammates been hitting the open shots he was getting them while being triple teamed.

are you guys really that ********?

no your not, so stop making these ridiculous threads and be happy that kobe got another chip.

You Kobe fans should know all to well (last years finals maybe?) at how frustrating it can be when ur team simply cant get it done when ur star player is trying everything he can.

Don't worry your precious kobe played extremely well in these playoffs too and deserved the ring, so before u start *****ing just sit back down.

im done :)

Great post and it sums up everything perfectly. Unfortunately, it's so un-biased, so logical, so thought out, and so on point that most of the people on here won't be able to comprehend it. At any rate, you said it better than I could. Put this crap to bed already. All this hate is making me sick.

ink
06-22-2009, 02:17 AM
Please don't create threads like this. We've had hundreds of them and they're all pointless.