PDA

View Full Version : #7 PG In the NBA Today: Volume 2

Mile High Champ
06-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember but I conducted a poll at the start of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

The last Poll was very close with Rose beating Harris by only 4 votes.

PG Rankings DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!

1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Chauncey Billups
4) Tony Parker
5) Steve Nash
6) Derrick Rose
7)

Last Years PG rankings:

1) Chris Paul
2) Steve Nash
3) Deron Williams
4) Baron Davis
5) Tony Parker
6) Jason Kidd
7) Chauncey Billups
8) Gilbert Arenas
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

Mile High Champ
06-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Last poll was very close, I think there are 4 or 5 deserving of this spot.

Chronz
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
So whos it gonna be Chicago homers?

Kakaroach
06-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Devin Harris is better than Derrick Rose. Too many Chicago homers, just like Chronz said.

bctgg27
06-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Devin is definitely better then Rose.

raptors_fanatic
06-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Devin Harris should be 6, but looks like hes seventh.....
i just hope ppl dun think rondo should be 8....not about potential

azkarraga
06-21-2009, 01:14 PM
this is so much biased.

harsh506
06-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Devin Harris should be 6, but looks like hes seventh.....
i just hope ppl dun think rondo should be 8....not about potential

potential is what he can be. He showed what he is in the playoffs and it should account for somthing

Raps18-19 Champ
06-21-2009, 01:19 PM
I think Kidd should be higher.

Chi City23
06-21-2009, 01:34 PM
why do people think harris is better than rose?? im not trying to be a homer but since i watched mostly bulls i went to the stats and you have to look pass the ppg. ok so harris averaged more points, but shot 44% to Roses 48% and harris who played 12 less games than Rose attempted 300 more free throws. thats where hs pts come from. now why i bring this up is cuz since Rose was a rookie he honestly got no love from the refs. trust me you can ask anyone and Rose should have averaged a least 4 more free throws a game.

dre1990
06-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Rajon Rondo should be 4th IMO

Cubs Win
06-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Rajon Rondo should be 4th IMO

:laugh:

azkarraga
06-21-2009, 01:50 PM
rondo 4th? in your dreams. not with cp3, dwill, parker, billups, nash & kidd in the league.

BenFrank
06-21-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm going with Harris

ManRam
06-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Rondo. What he did in the playoffs is amazing. Make him the first or second option, and he puts up much better all around numbers than Harris. Rondo is the better passer, better defender, more efficient scorer, better rebounder and better true PG.

dre1990
06-21-2009, 02:10 PM
rondo. What he did in the playoffs is amazing. Make him the first or second option, and he puts up much better all around numbers than harris. Rondo is the better passer, better defender, more efficient scorer, better rebounder and better true pg.

x2

JWO35
06-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Devin Harris is better than Rose and Rondo

BiG bAd BrUiNs
06-21-2009, 02:19 PM
How did Rose get picked over Rondo and Harris?

barbjake
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I haven't heard sports fans cry this much since Lakers fans in the Finals *****ing about the refs.

QUIT CRYING! It wasn't just Bulls fans that voted for Rose. And I'd bet any of you who are currently crying would take Rose before those others on your fantasy team. Rose played better, and made his teammates better than the other candidates, so SHUT UP AND TALK ABOUT #7...

Who should be... RAJON RONDO. He's fast, smart, and can hit the open jumper. Plus, he actually got to play in the playoffs. If Harris was that good, he would've been there too. (He had a good team to play with Carter, Lopez, etc.)

Cubs Win
06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
How did Rose get picked over Rondo and Harris?

Because more people voted for him?

SaimoNETS
06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
I haven't heard sports fans cry this much since Lakers fans in the Finals *****ing about the refs.

QUIT CRYING! It wasn't just Bulls fans that voted for Rose. And I'd bet any of you who are currently crying would take Rose before those others on your fantasy team. Rose played better, and made his teammates better than the other candidates, so SHUT UP AND TALK ABOUT #7...

Who should be... RAJON RONDO. He's fast, smart, and can hit the open jumper. Plus, he actually got to play in the playoffs. If Harris was that good, he would've been there too. (He had a good team to play with Carter, Lopez, etc.)

etc.?
Carter & Lopez were the only consistent teammates so i have no idea what you're talking about.

dtmagnet
06-21-2009, 03:04 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen.

jim51990
06-21-2009, 03:09 PM
thanks chi town homers for screwing up the rankings

jim51990
06-21-2009, 03:15 PM
rondo should win this one and he should have won the last
proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XVKjdMjfLU

AllTheWay
06-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Harris. No ****ing way is Rose the 6th best point guard in the league, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Caution1011
06-21-2009, 03:22 PM
i'll take devin harris over derrick rose. Harris is a vet now and he is an allstar. I wish i had him in Miami with Wade, but i also wish we would gotten rose in the draft. So the argument must continue.

J-Relo
06-21-2009, 03:27 PM
has to be Harris or Rondo... Then Calderon...

Chi City23
06-21-2009, 03:39 PM
rondo should win this one and he should have won the last
proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XVKjdMjfLU

heres my proof rose>rondo :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RQljcjRIHk

zambo4president
06-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Why do you guys think Harris is better than Rose? Who led there team to the playoffs and forced a game 7 on the defending champions? Sure Devin Harris scores alot but where did that get them? Anyways for the 7th spot its definitely Calderon.

droalex
06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Voted Rondo.

Lizard King
06-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Rajon Rondo.

azkarraga
06-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen.

x2 lol

J_M_B
06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Devin Harris

J_M_B
06-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Why is Rose 6th? So many homers he should be 8th or 9th, but 6th? Yu have to be kidding me.

KG2TB
06-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Derrick deserves to be 6th. He got absolutely no love from the refs. If he had the Dwyane Wade, LeBron treatment, he would have probably average 4-5 points more per game. Aside from that, as a rookie he shot 48% from the field and made his teammates better. It's more than stats. Also, when he went up head to head against Harris, he won that matchup. There's more to being a PG than just points. Look at Chauncey, he only averaged what, 17 or 18 per game? Why not vote Harris over him? It's about leadership and making your teammates better, coming up in big games, etc. Quit crying. By next year, Rose will be top 5

Baller1
06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
This whole thing is over now. Kidd is going to drop yet again, while Rose is the #6 PG in the league... pathetic.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 05:24 PM
^^^
At least they got the top two right

haze442200
06-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Rose is easily better than Devin Harris, quit your crying clowns.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Easily?? Your kidding right?

Lizard King
06-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Why is Rose 6th? So many homers he should be 8th or 9th, but 6th? Yu have to be kidding me.

I'm not surprised to hear that from a Heat fan. Honestly, will your fans ever stop *****ing? All I ever see from you guys is constant whining, *****ing, and complaining. If Miami had drafted Rose, you all would've been calling him the #1 PG. Hell, the lot of you even think Wade is better than both LeBron and Kobe.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 05:35 PM
I hate Devin Harris alot, and I mean alot but I can't put Rose ahead of him this year. Next year though Rose will definitely be better, I think Rose will be right under CP and Deron.

haze442200
06-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Not a chance, he completely turned around the bulls and turned them from a lottery team to a team that nearly unseated the number two seat in the east. What has Devin done in New Jersey?....oh, they dropped out of the playoffs after he was traded for Kidd. So he makes a few more points per game than Rose, it does not mean much when you are sitting at home for the play-offs.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Im sure that trade for Miller and Salmons had something to do with it.

haze442200
06-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Brook Lopez is better than Miller and Vince is better than Salmons

SaimoNETS
06-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Derrick deserves to be 6th. He got absolutely no love from the refs. If he had the Dwyane Wade, LeBron treatment, he would have probably average 4-5 points more per game. Aside from that, as a rookie he shot 48% from the field and made his teammates better. It's more than stats. Also, when he went up head to head against Harris, he won that matchup. There's more to being a PG than just points. Look at Chauncey, he only averaged what, 17 or 18 per game? Why not vote Harris over him? It's about leadership and making your teammates better, coming up in big games, etc. Quit crying. By next year, Rose will be top 5

1. You could say that about any star in the league. To say that he isnt getting that many calls is ridiculous.

2. Harris shot 44% from the field and that's pretty good considering the scoring load he has to carry for the Nets.

3. Harris also made his teammates better & you could see it when he's on the court. Why else would they be 4-8 w/o him?

4. He managed to average 7 assists on a WEAK nets team.

5. & Rose did not win the head to head matchup. Check the boxscores if you need to.

6. BTW, Harris is a great leader alongside Carter who does show up in big games. the problem is, his teammates dont.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 05:51 PM
ben gordon is better then carter salmons is better then and SF the nets got, Noah or tyrus thomas is better then the pfs of the nets.

Take out Rose and Harris then overall the Bulls have the better team.

Zefflin
06-21-2009, 06:03 PM
why do people think harris is better than rose??

I think it's really really close between them but Harris has been doing this for a bit and Rose just started, but just given this off season Rose will be noticalbly better next season than Harris. It's a shame that Rondo will be ahead of Kidd too...

Ray_R
06-21-2009, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7flzAhB890

Heres my proof D Rose>Devin Harris for all th haters that hes 6th ( Just Slightly doe) But i Voted Devin for 7th

carter15
06-21-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7flzAhB890

Heres my proof D Rose>Devin Harris for all th haters that hes 6th ( Just Slightly doe) But i Voted Devin for 7th

the dunk was sick..but it means nothing.

Ray_R
06-21-2009, 08:35 PM
the dunk was sick..but it means nothing.

Im not really trying to hate but people that are saying the Derrick rose isnt 6th and thatdevin harris is better than him. all those people are wrong first he beat him in the skills challenge well it really doesnt mean much but the bulls were 3-1 against the nets and idk if yall seen the video where some white guy hustles harris come on people he is definatlly 7 no doubt about it but he sure can be great in a couple more seasons ,aybe top 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw

chitownbulls
06-21-2009, 08:58 PM
everybody stop complaining about Rose. Many others voted for Rose that were not from Chicago. If there were so many Chicago homers as you guys say he would be 4 or 5. SO STOP COMPLAINING!

greg_ory_2005
06-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Devin better win this one.

IndyRealist
06-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Not a chance, he completely turned around the bulls and turned them from a lottery team to a team that nearly unseated the number two seat in the east. What has Devin done in New Jersey?....oh, they dropped out of the playoffs after he was traded for Kidd. So he makes a few more points per game than Rose, it does not mean much when you are sitting at home for the play-offs.

Yup, had nothing to do with Salmons or Miller even though before the trade they were sitting well below the 8th seed.....Actually, I'm pretty sure the Nets were above the Bulls for a while there until Devin Harris got injured. If Harris was healthy, this wouldn't be a discussion and the Bulls might not have made the playoffs. If I recall correctly ESPN called Devin Harris and Vince Carter the best backcourt in the league.

I'm not a Devin Harris or a Nets fan, I just think it's ridiculous that Rose gets all the credit that obviously goes to other players on the team.

chitownbulls
06-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Yup, had nothing to do with Salmons or Miller even though before the trade they were sitting well below the 8th seed.....Actually, I'm pretty sure the Nets were above the Bulls for a while there until Devin Harris got injured. If Harris was healthy, this wouldn't be a discussion and the Bulls might not have made the playoffs. If I recall correctly ESPN called Devin Harris and Vince Carter the best backcourt in the league.

I'm not a Devin Harris or a Nets fan, I just think it's ridiculous that Rose gets all the credit that obviously goes to other players on the team.

To be fair, the Bulls wouldn't have even been in contention for playoffs if he hadn't carried them in the first half of the season so.

IndyRealist
06-21-2009, 09:40 PM
To be fair, the Bulls wouldn't have even been in contention for playoffs if he hadn't carried them in the first half of the season so.

Maybe, but with Rose they weren't a playoff team until they added Salmons and Miller. So why does Rose get credit for taking them to the playoffs and almost knocking off the Celtics? Other than game 1, I thought Rose was pretty pedestrian. Which is fine, because he was a rookie, but he was not playing like the 6th best PG in the league.

chitownbulls
06-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Maybe, but with Rose they weren't a playoff team until they added Salmons and Miller. So why does Rose get credit for taking them to the playoffs and almost knocking off the Celtics? Other than game 1, I thought Rose was pretty pedestrian. Which is fine, because he was a rookie, but he was not playing like the 6th best PG in the league.

I am not giving him all credit for the playoff run but he was a big part of it. But IMO the only Devin Harris was so effective in scoring was because he was the only man on his team that was scoring. While Rose was able to put his numbers up with others around him. Compare Kobe with a bad Lakers team vs the good one. Kobe's numbers dropped once his Lakers became contenders. That doesn't mean that Lebron is neccessarily better than him. Rose was very effective in scoring with the amount of shots he took by making 48% of them.

The reason his assists totals are less is because of the teams styles of play.

And if you cannot understand any of this its ok because I did not do a good job of explaining. Honestly I beleive they were on par this season, but His well play in the playoffs was enough to choose him.

BullsNumber1Fan
06-21-2009, 09:52 PM

I guess you are correct, I mean somebody who averages 20/6/6 on 50% shooting must not be a top 6 point guard, huh?:rolleyes:

Johann
06-21-2009, 09:57 PM
i guess harris then rondo/calderon

theuuord
06-21-2009, 10:33 PM
I guess you are correct, I mean somebody who averages 20/6/6 on 50% shooting must not be a top 6 point guard, huh?:rolleyes:

could you find me the actual full NBA season where he did that?

I mean, I'm not even checking, but I hope you're not talking about just the playoffs, because anyone with a brain knows that a 7-game span pales in comparison to an entire season's accomplishments, and to say that he "averages 20-6-6 on 50% shooting" would be pretty darn irresponsible.

So yeah, find that season for me. Thanks.

theuuord
06-21-2009, 10:34 PM

Well said.

Chicago fans think everyone who thinks their rookie point guard is anything short of Jesus Christ is a Rose hater.

carter15
06-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Im not really trying to hate but people that are saying the Derrick rose isnt 6th and thatdevin harris is better than him. all those people are wrong first he beat him in the skills challenge well it really doesnt mean much but the bulls were 3-1 against the nets and idk if yall seen the video where some white guy hustles harris come on people he is definatlly 7 no doubt about it but he sure can be great in a couple more seasons ,aybe top 5

dude ur arguments r terrible in trying to show that rose is better...who gives a **** what some white guy did to Devin Harris and he wasnt even trying.....it means nothing when trying to say who the better player is and u bringing that up makes me discredit everything u say.

Ethix11
06-21-2009, 11:11 PM

BullsNumber1Fan
06-21-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't really feel like arguing any more because all the people I am arguing against are Nets fans and are homers also. IMO, Rose is better and all that matters to me is my opinion. And aparently a lot of people agree with me there.

Kakaroach
06-22-2009, 12:06 AM
I think Jason Kidd isn't getting the respect he quite deserves lol. He's gotta be #8 though right?

chitownbulls
06-22-2009, 12:12 AM
I think Jason Kidd isn't getting the respect he quite deserves lol. He's gotta be #8 though right?

I think #9, Rondo out played him in the regular season and playoffs. But definatley 9.

DQL
06-22-2009, 12:18 AM
wtf I have voted for Harris for 3 rounds yet his name is still there in the poll :crazy:

xxdc2tegxx
06-22-2009, 02:03 AM
haha...everyone needs to chill out...

although "certain" criteria for choosing pt guards was stated by the OP...we all knew posters weren't going to abide by it...

for me...

it's wtf have you done for me lately...

interesting thought...jameer nelson was an all-star pt. guard just a few months ago and he'll prollie be what? 11 or 12th on this list?

Chronz
06-22-2009, 02:46 AM
I don't really feel like arguing any more because all the people I am arguing against are Nets fans and are homers also. IMO, Rose is better and all that matters to me is my opinion. And aparently a lot of people agree with me there.

Im not the Nets, pretend I hate Devin and I love the Bulls, convince me Rose is better. I dont want to hear about what he wouldve done had he not been a rookie, because frankly I saw the same thing with Eric Gordon in the early going, he made the refs blow the whistle, and hes a less known Rookie on one of the leagues less than glamorous teams. EG will get more calls next year, but we're not basing this on what he could be next year, but how well he played this year. Devin was an All-Star for a reason, Rose's #'s went up with the addition of those other players so dont give me any other what IF excuses either, there is a direct relation to efficiency and usage, and in either respect Devin is better. NO CONTEST

chitownbulls
06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Im not the Nets, pretend I hate Devin and I love the Bulls, convince me Rose is better. I dont want to hear about what he wouldve done had he not been a rookie, because frankly I saw the same thing with Eric Gordon in the early going, he made the refs blow the whistle, and hes a less known Rookie on one of the leagues less than glamorous teams. EG will get more calls next year, but we're not basing this on what he could be next year, but how well he played this year. Devin was an All-Star for a reason, Rose's #'s went up with the addition of those other players so dont give me any other what IF excuses either, there is a direct relation to efficiency and usage, and in either respect Devin is better. NO CONTEST

his scoring numbers went down with there addition.

Tom81
06-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Devin Harris

theuuord
06-22-2009, 10:17 AM

Not true at all. Look at his month by month splits:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/psplit.cgi?player=rosede01&year=2009

Started high, starting dipping steadily until the trade was made, and started increasing again in February.

BullsNumber1Fan
06-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Not true at all. Look at his month by month splits:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/psplit.cgi?player=rosede01&year=2009

Started high, starting dipping steadily until the trade was made, and started increasing again in February.

That because the team's scoring was going up. We got up to around 106 PPG in April and increased each month by 1-2 PPG. And if you look at the Pre All-Star (17.0 PPG in 53 games) and Post All-Star splits (16.5 PPG in 28 games), you would see what he was talking about.

theuuord
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
That because the team's scoring was going up. We got up to around 106 PPG in April and increased each month by 1-2 PPG. And if you look at the Pre All-Star (17.0 PPG in 53 games) and Post All-Star splits (16.5 PPG in 28 games), you would see what he was talking about.

The team's scoring went up because you added John Salmons and Brad Miller. That's the point. After they joined the team it allowed Rose to take on a lesser amount, and therefore more efficient load of the scoring. The reason the pure PPG numbers went up is because his minutes went up as well.

As for pre-and-post all-star, I gave you more detailed splits, and you respond with less detailed splits. That doesn't make any sense. He had a hot start which accounts for a good portion of his first-half scoring, but had steadily declining percentages until the arrival of Salmons and Miller.

Chronz
06-22-2009, 02:16 PM

Ive been looking for someone to replace the Kobe quote on my sig thank you

Chronz
06-22-2009, 02:19 PM

Yes because thats clearly what I was saying in my post

Ray_R
06-22-2009, 03:45 PM
dude ur arguments r terrible in trying to show that rose is better...who gives a **** what some white guy did to Devin Harris and he wasnt even trying.....it means nothing when trying to say who the better player is and u bringing that up makes me discredit everything u say.

Rose+3 Devin+1
Me+1 U+0

END