PDA

View Full Version : david west for joakim noah

spacemandave
06-21-2009, 03:32 AM
think theres only like 5 teams that could offer cap space so if the hornets wanna make a move they may be better off matching up salaries

trade west-9 mil 08-09 (16 mil total until 2011-2012)

for noah-2.5 mil 08-09(3 mil next year and player option for 4 mil in 2010-2011)
and john salmons(6.4 mil this year, player option for 5.8 next year) OR tim thomas(6.5 mil this year), OR jerome james(6.6 mil player option this year and since its 6.595 million more than he can make without it, i think hell take it)...i doubt they would offer salmons tho.

i dont know how highly they think of noah but they have brad miller for 12.5 mil for another year(aaron grays a free agent tho) so they have someone they cant get rid of. west is way better than tyrus thomas who could even play along side him i think?....

THEN draft a pf and throw him in there and let him play w cp3 as a rookie, im not a big college fan but i love hansbroughs game, why such love for kevin love and not t?

and trade chandlers huge contract for anything(give away ala camby?) or maybe something to help whatever and have money next year and a new young team.

o and sign pargo

cp3/pargo/dbrown
butler/pargo/mopete
juju/posey/peja
hansbrough/posey/tim thomas
noah/marks or armstrong
-still like pargo finishing game at sg and prob posey at sf...(celtics posey, not 08 posey)

eh that team kinda sucks tho, would only save like 6.6 mil next year from expiring bulls contract, not enough anyway. worth it to blow the team up? would the bulls do it?....just rambling, mock me if you want, am ideating tho. also like intensity of hansbrough and noah...maybe i like the team.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 03:45 AM
no david west is a much more better player then noah.

BIGBREED
06-21-2009, 04:07 AM
no david west is a much more better player then noah.

Agreed!

But lets say that the Hornets would trade for Joakim Noah, then we would have 2 big men with no offensive post game. Both Joakim Noah and Tyson Chandler are rebounders for their teams; the 4 or 5 option in the offense. The Hornets run their offense thru David West, if we trade him, who will be the 1st option and who will post-up on the block for us?

Plus, Joakim Noah just had a great post season, why would Chicago even think about trading him!

***Look for the BULLS to draft DeJuan Blair; they need a PF
C- Joakim Noah
PF- DeJuan Blair
SF- Tyrus Thomas
SG- Ben Gordon
PG- Derrick Rose

spacemandave
06-21-2009, 11:05 AM
ya i know i figured it wouldnt be worth it to them but west would be a good addition if they could start brad miller. wouldnt want noah and chandler on same team of course tho so chandler would have to be traded for some backcourt or just cap relief....bulls look good either way i think(with and without trade)...dont think chicago can sign ben gordon tho....o well just dreamin.

tland22
06-21-2009, 12:19 PM
NOT NO, BUT HELL NO! Noah is garbage. We dont want his crappy attitbude in NEW ORLEANS. D West attitude ca n be bad, bud atleast he is a hard-*** about it. Noah is just a little girl running around on the nasketball court. HE HAS ZERO OFFENSIVE GAME as well. None.

I dont think you understand....we WILL NOT give up talent to save money or gain cap space. THE OWNERS HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT.

tland22
06-21-2009, 12:21 PM
TC is WAY more athletic and has much bigger size and wingspan...and can at the very least catch the alley-oop at will on people. He also is our man who guards Duncan, Yao, etc....the good bigs in the west for us.

BIGBREED
06-21-2009, 02:50 PM
i dont think you understand....we will not give up talent to save money or gain cap space. The owners have already said that.

Agreed!

Patrick Swayze
06-21-2009, 02:55 PM
think theres only like 5 teams that could offer cap space so if the hornets wanna make a move they may be better off matching up salaries

trade west-9 mil 08-09 (16 mil total until 2011-2012)

for noah-2.5 mil 08-09(3 mil next year and player option for 4 mil in 2010-2011)
and john salmons(6.4 mil this year, player option for 5.8 next year) OR tim thomas(6.5 mil this year), OR jerome james(6.6 mil player option this year and since its 6.595 million more than he can make without it, i think hell take it)...i doubt they would offer salmons tho.

i dont know how highly they think of noah but they have brad miller for 12.5 mil for another year(aaron grays a free agent tho) so they have someone they cant get rid of. west is way better than tyrus thomas who could even play along side him i think?....

THEN draft a pf and throw him in there and let him play w cp3 as a rookie, im not a big college fan but i love hansbroughs game, why such love for kevin love and not t?

and trade chandlers huge contract for anything(give away ala camby?) or maybe something to help whatever and have money next year and a new young team.

o and sign pargo

cp3/pargo/dbrown
butler/pargo/mopete
juju/posey/peja
hansbrough/posey/tim thomas
noah/marks or armstrong
-still like pargo finishing game at sg and prob posey at sf...(celtics posey, not 08 posey)

eh that team kinda sucks tho, would only save like 6.6 mil next year from expiring bulls contract, not enough anyway. worth it to blow the team up? would the bulls do it?....just rambling, mock me if you want, am ideating tho. also like intensity of hansbrough and noah...maybe i like the team.

Not to sound rude, but major fail.

Reasons:

1.) We are better off by keeping West over that trade. We are better of keeping him in general.
2.) Hanbrough isn't going to do to crap in the NBA. I don't even believe he is worth drafting. He will never be a NBA starter.
3. ) With the looks of that starting line up, we won't even make the play offs.

spacemandave
06-22-2009, 06:08 PM
eh, not sure how good the team is now, and think youre overestimating chandler. and what the owners say and do are 2 different things.....****** moves tho, okok, i wont bake and trade no mo

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2009, 12:44 PM
eh, not sure how good the team is now, and think youre overestimating chandler. and what the owners say and do are 2 different things.....****** moves tho, okok, i wont bake and trade no mo

It wasn't the Chnadler part. It was the trading of David West for them and the drafting of Hansbrough.

D-Amazins
06-25-2009, 05:39 PM
D-W IS A STUD. WTF are you thinking? Noah is a SCRUB. West is a THREAT.

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2009, 05:45 PM
D-W IS A STUD. WTF are you thinking? Noah is a SCRUB. West is a THREAT.

Agreed. The West trade rumors are coming up because of his contract. It's either him or Chandler that is gone. It makes more sense to get rid of Chandler.

Kyben36
06-28-2009, 05:53 AM
Noah is not Garbage to whoever said that, but he is nowhere near the caliber of David West.

Noah is pretty much a clone of Tyson Chandler, maybe a little more offensivly talented. but I even laugh at this trade.

spacemandave
06-28-2009, 10:28 AM
west is unathletic with bad back and at 28 is as good as hes gonna get. and makes 3 times as much as noah. noahs a better defender, younger, and more athletic, stats are pretty close per 48 min anyway(obv west scores more but noah rebounds and blocks shots better).

this would obv only work if chandler was gone and i guess noones rose colored glasses can see the writing on the wall but chandlers being sold to highest bidder.

and its not just noah, its salmons or 6.5 mil that comes off the books next year as well. and if you wanna compare their stats, remember wests first few years in the league? me either.

noone thinks noah AND SALMONS for west is a good deal?

THE HORNETS AS THEY ARE ARE NOT A CONTENDER. DONT KID YOURSELVES.

p.s. use some of chandlers money to get big baby.

Patrick Swayze
06-28-2009, 12:13 PM
west is unathletic with bad back and at 28 is as good as hes gonna get. and makes 3 times as much as noah. noahs a better defender, younger, and more athletic, stats are pretty close per 48 min anyway(obv west scores more but noah rebounds and blocks shots better).

this would obv only work if chandler was gone and i guess noones rose colored glasses can see the writing on the wall but chandlers being sold to highest bidder.

and its not just noah, its salmons or 6.5 mil that comes off the books next year as well. and if you wanna compare their stats, remember wests first few years in the league? me either.

noone thinks noah AND SALMONS for west is a good deal?

THE HORNETS AS THEY ARE ARE NOT A CONTENDER. DONT KID YOURSELVES.

p.s. use some of chandlers money to get big baby.

The Hornets are a less of a contender without West and with Noah. We won't get Davis because we have West.

BIGBREED
06-28-2009, 01:00 PM
I think that spacemandave have a MAN CRUSH on Joakim Noah! Damn dude, let it go...

spacemandave
06-28-2009, 01:46 PM
lol, i do, marc gasol too, but the hornets as is arent a top 4 team in the west. whats their plan to get better? drafting the 8th pg and trading away 2(!) second rounders for one this year. how bout an athletic big men that is quick enough to defend the paint and getting better. need to change the team and west is the only asset we have now. obviously what we say here wont affect the team but for arguments sake, noah and john salmons(who is way better than rasual butler) is a bad deal?....someone agree with something i said, please---not a top 4 team in the west, salmons way better than butler, chandler and west can not defend the paint, anything?....if noone responds i have nothing more to say.

spacemandave
06-28-2009, 02:00 PM
okok, i add one more thing...

05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Late Round Draft Pick

TYSON CHANDLER
- really.... he's damage goods; that ankle is bone-on-bone. He will always suffer with this injury
and just like PF -David West, he has maxed out on his abilities!

so you agree at least that west is as good as hell get!!!(obv doesnt mean you would trade him for noah, just sayin)....was scannin board to see if there was word on the peja retiring rumor but i havent heard much in a while so i guess hes still playing?

tland22
06-28-2009, 02:18 PM
i do like salmons though . YEA west is as good as he will get....and that is good enough. for sure.

BIGBREED
06-28-2009, 02:24 PM
lol, i do, marc gasol too, but the hornets as is arent a top 4 team in the west. whats their plan to get better? drafting the 8th pg and trading away 2(!) second rounders for one this year. how bout an athletic big men that is quick enough to defend the paint and getting better. need to change the team and west is the only asset we have now. obviously what we say here wont affect the team but for arguments sake, noah and john salmons(who is way better than rasual butler) is a bad deal?....someone agree with something i said, please---not a top 4 team in the west, salmons way better than butler, chandler and west can not defend the paint, anything?....if noone responds i have nothing more to say.

You keep saying the 8th PG picked in this draft! To be perfectly honest with you, this draft was a PG heavy draft. So, getting the so-call 8th one is great! And lets not forget that we have a foreign PG that was drafted! Its amazing to me that the NBA can let a foreign player think that they are above the league and they've never played against American ball players! They make rules to force American players to go to college and play ball(so they say that their games needs to be developed in college) but they let a foreigner come in a play, not knowing how they would adjust to the American style of play in the NBA! I have yet to see a foreign player come in and dominate the College players in the NCAA, so how in the hell can they jump straight to the NBA and dominate the NBA? PLEASE! And Rubio is trying to play hardball by not reporting to the Timberwolves! he should be lucky that he was drafted, because his competition was weak over seas! When hewent against real competition, he failed! RICKEY RUBIO will be another Jason "white-chocolate" Williams!

Lets not forget that the Timberwolves drafted (3) PG's! So to me, your so-call theory of Collison being the 8th PG(which he was the 7th bcuz Stephon Curry is a SG) taken doesn't make sense!

Vinny642
06-28-2009, 02:25 PM
yes it is

BIGBREED
06-28-2009, 02:35 PM
okok, i add one more thing...

05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Late Round Draft Pick

TYSON CHANDLER
- really.... he's damage goods; that ankle is bone-on-bone. He will always suffer with this injury
and just like PF -David West, he has maxed out on his abilities!

so you agree at least that west is as good as hell get!!!(obv doesnt mean you would trade him for noah, just sayin)....was scannin board to see if there was word on the peja retiring rumor but i havent heard much in a while so i guess hes still playing?

David West has maxed out on his abilities but Joakim Noah have no abilities! He's a rebounding PF that can run the floor; he's the 4th option in the BULLS offense. David West is our "1st option!"

***DO YOU GET IT?***

BIGBREED
06-28-2009, 03:08 PM
yes it is

PG- Darren Collison will remind you of TONY PARKER

- he's quick as hell; loves to push the tempo on the fastbreak
- very quick dribbler taking his man off the dribble
- alot of lay-ups; gets into the paint and has that tear-drop shot just like TONY PARKER
- inconsistant outside shooter just like TONY PARKER
- very good defender, unlike TONY PARKER

THE BONUS:
- he will be learning from CP3 "THE BEST PG IN THE NBA"

spacemandave
06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
well just because someone was an international player doesnt make him not a pg chosen ahead of collison and just bc the wolves gobbled them all up also doesnt mean they werent taken first but back to arguments that make sense.

ill believe collison is the next tony parker when i see it(trust spurs scouts more than hornets) but when will i see it, like you said we already have the best pg in the nba. and those traits describe a lot of draft picks, theyre all quick and good dribblers, doesnt mean hes the next tony parker.

as far as dwest hes the first scoring option but doesnt know how to pass. and he doesnt defend well, cant defend the paint, thats important. noah can. a point saved is a point earned.

BIGBREED
06-29-2009, 12:37 AM
well just because someone was an international player doesnt make him not a pg chosen ahead of collison and just bc the wolves gobbled them all up also doesnt mean they werent taken first but back to arguments that make sense.

ill believe collison is the next tony parker when i see it(trust spurs scouts more than hornets) but when will i see it, like you said we already have the best pg in the nba. and those traits describe a lot of draft picks, theyre all quick and good dribblers, doesnt mean hes the next tony parker.

as far as dwest hes the first scoring option but doesnt know how to pass. and he doesnt defend well, cant defend the paint, thats important. noah can. a point saved is a point earned.

LOL....what are you talking about?

spacemandave
06-29-2009, 12:50 AM
well that guy was disputing that the point guards taken before him dont count for some reason. idunno lol.

im just saying noahs a better defender and to put it simply if the hornets score 5 less points but give up 6 less, they win. which in part is what im saying would happen.

Patrick Swayze
06-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Too be completely honest, I don't like the pick of Darren Collison very much as well.

tland22
06-29-2009, 02:00 PM
he will be able to do a great job in defending the perimeter....we could use that majorly when CP3 leaves the game...AND he can score as well dont forget. He didnt shoot much but still scored a good bit. He is a very accurate three point shooter in college as well

tland22
06-29-2009, 02:01 PM
i didnt totally like it either but, I trust them since they loved his workout

ballpd05
06-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I personally think things can go 50/50 with this trade. Salmons is better than any wing player we have, and may be able to take pressure off Paul as far as creating offense for others. Noah and Chandler will basically give us what the bulls have now with Tyrus and Noah, which is no offense outside alleys and hustle plays from the bigs.

D West is a much better offensive player than Noah, and provides a legit threat. But I question how good he is without CP3 spoon feeding him open jumpers, that he wouldn't be able to do with Noah. On the flip side Noah is 200% better defender than D West, who used to be a much better rebounder and hustler in his younger days. And Noah will run the court and get easy dunks and give the Hornets extra possessions.

Jerome James sucks, but he is better than marks and ely. And Tim Thomas is a poor mans james posey, without the D. Big Baby is almost a David West clone in his playing style, and he would be much cheaper so bringing him in may help. But right now he is still a very poor man's D West.