PDA

View Full Version : Seoulbeatz NBA MOCK DRAFT 2009 (bashers and homers welcome)

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm bored and in the hospital for the weekend so I'm gonna make this mock draft for all you good folks here at PSD in anticipation for the upcoming NBA Draft in 5 days.

I'm no expert but I've been watching a lot of workouts, youtube vids, and watched a TON of college bball last year so i feel i have a general knowledge about this years group of prospects.

Feel free to throw a hissy fit if u dont agree with my picks. just know that it really doesnt matter because its not like this mock draft is going the change the world, its just one guys opinion.

Im gonna try to keep it reasonable and suit the picks for team needs and potential; ill put my gm cap on for a sec.

so here it is..

1) Los Angeles Clippers: Blake Griffin PF: Freak of an athlete. Can get up and down the court with ease and has a great offensive post game. Has a very solid frame and an amazing vertical leap to go with it, making him almost impossible to stop within 10 feet of the basket. His defense is still suspect as he does go flatfooted sometimes but he can work on that. Should be a franchise player for years to come.

Potential: Carlos Boozer/ Amare Stoudemire

2)Memphis Grizzlies: Ricky Rubio PG: Easily the 2nd best prospect in the draft this year. He won't blow you away with his athleticism, but rather his knowledge of the game at such a young age. It also helps that he is a pinpoint passer and can wow the crowd with flash and euro league flair. He works hard on defense and has extremely quick hands which lead to many more fast break ops which this kid thrives on. He will be a fan favorite and crowd pleaser wherever he goes. He needs to work on his outside shot in order to keep defenders honest.

Potential: Steve Nash

3) OKC Thunder: Hasheem Thabeet C: Standing at 7'2 with a 7'8" wing span this guy is a daunting defensive presence in the paint. He really progressed and built up his I.Q year after year in college, which is a good sign because it shows he is a hard worker and is willing to work past the critics to improve his game. He is an incredible shotblocker and much of this can be attributed to his length and his amazing timing on the block. He is a stout rebounder as well and shows good technique boxing out huskier players. His offensive game is extremely lacking but for a team stacked with Durant, Westbrook, and Green, I think they'll be just fine in the scoring dpt. for years to come.

Potential: Dikembe Mutumbo/ Samuel Dalembert

4) Sacramento Kings: Brandon Jennings PG: Amazing athlete and lightning fast. This guy truly has superstar potential but he also has one of the biggest chances of being a bust in this league. He has great tenacity in his game and is a surprisingly skillful and flashy passer. His best attribute is his confidence and when he called out Ricky Rubio he didn't stutter, he truly believes he is better and i like that type of cockiness in a young guy. He'll bring what he has to the table but his work ethic is still in question. His main knock is that he is extremely streaky with his shot but the fact that he has a shot is suitable enough. He is a slasher and a good enough passer to survive in this league at worst.

Potential: Gilbert Arenas/ Lou Williams

5) Washington Wizards: Jordan Hill PF: Antawn is getting up there in age so finding a successor should be Washingoton's priority. Jordan Hill's game isn't pretty but its very effective. He has a good assortment of post moves a la Chris Bosh and uses his quickness and athleticism to spin by defenders or go up for an easy hook shot or slam it home. He can stretch the floor with a solid midrange game. His defense is still in question because of his skinny frame thus making him susceptible to getting pushed around on the block. If he puts on some muscle though this guy is a franchise big in the making.

Potential: Chris Bosh

6) Minnesota Timberwolves: James Harden SG: James is about as NBA-Ready a player as your going to get. This pick could easily compensate for the Randy Foye for Brandon Roy debacle they pulled a couple years ago. James is a jack of all trades but his one knock is that he isn't amazing at anything, he's just very good. That isn't a con. He'll step in right away and provide a spark off the bench with his consistent jumper and high I.Q. At the very least he will be a solid starter for years to come IMO.

Potential: Brandon Roy

7) Golden State Warriors: Johnny Flynn PG: Lightning quick with a very good 3 point shot and shocking athleticism for a kid his size. He is very calm and collected on the court and shows great poise leading his team. Has a great knack for finishing at the rim and contorting his body to make tough shots. He is not a true point guard by any means but has all the right tools and knowledge to be competent at least in this league. He is smaller than his 6'0 height suggests though and that could be a problem playing in a backcourt with Monta Ellis, but boy would that be the fastest backcourt in the NBA.

Potential: Damon Stoudemire

8) New York Knickerbockers: Stephen Curry PG: You wanted him, you got him, although I wouldn't be surprised if NY moved up in the draft to get him. Yes, we all know he is the best shooter in the draft. What you may not know is that he is also a sound passer and skillful man to man defender. Don't let his baby face fool you, he has a meanstreak in him that catches defenders off guard and he is also surprisingly athletic and can finish strong at the rim even while being double teamed. He is a little flat footed on defense though and doesn't really have the quickness of feet to stand in front of the faster PG's in this league. Also, what position will he play? I could see him passing off as a PG throughout his career because i think his dishing skills are solid enough. New York will love this kid, he and Nasty Nate would be quite an exciting/little 1-2 punch off the bench.

Potential: Gilbert Arenas

9) Toronto Raptors: Demar Derozan SG: The best highflyer in the draft this year. He is notorious for his rim rattling dunks. He is a finisher plain and simpler. He'll slash to the basket and his athleticism has allowed him to get away with the other difficiencies in his game because he is just THAT much more of a freak than you. He has a solid outside jumper which is good enough to keep defenders honest and he'll dazzle the crowd with some amazing fadeaways and, at-times, questionable shot selection. Toronto has been lacking an explosive wing ever since VC left but the second coming may be just around the corner with this kid. He needs to develop a killer instinct though as sometimes he seems to be drifting during games.

Potential: Vince Carter

10) Milwaukee Bucks: Jeff Teague PG: Just a solid PG overall. Really no glaring flaws in his game. He is very quick and has good explosiveness which allows him to finish at the rim with ease. He thrives on penetration and in the bucks system with their 3 point shooters he would thrive with a few drive and dish plays out to Redd or Jefferson. Shows a deceptive change of speed which adds to his arsenal of ways to get to the basket but he also has a consistent jumper making defenders have to play up on him. He has a slight frame though and this could lead to problems against the bigger combo guards of the NBA.

Potential: Rodney Stuckey

11) New Jersey Nets: Gerald Henderson SG: V.C is likely to be traded this offseason with the team likely headed in a more youthful direction. They already have great pieces in Harris and Lopez and I feel Hendersons solid overall production would be a surefire addition to this up and coming team. You know what you are going to get with this guy. He is another jack of all trades but his ability to throw down thunderous dunks and lockdown the opposing teams SG is what NJ should be counting on. He is a stout defender and has a solid outisde shot. He does everything you'd need your starting SG to do. His only knock is that he just doesn't have that superstar potential and his lack of height may hurt him as his athleticism carried him pretty far in college.

Potential: Dahntay Jones

12) Charlotte Bobcats: Tyreke Evans SG: Highly touted coming out of high school this kid never quite lived up to his potential. But that's the thing with this guy, no one knows how good he could be. A typical slasher: he has a long wingspan which allows him to make nifty plays while driving to the basket. You rarely see him dunk as he has a much easier time just laying the ball up around defenders, sometimes at impossible angles. He has a very unorthodox shot due to his long arms but it has been improving over the years, still VERY inconsistent though. Solid perimeter defender with a knack for getting steals, once again, attributed to his freakishly long arms. He has a chance to be a superstar in this league if he can pull that jumper together but he is also one of the bigger risks in the draft. But what do the bobcats have to lose at this point?

Potential: Larry Hughes (that one year he was good in Wash)

13) Indiana Pacers: Dejuan Blair PF: The pacers need more toughness inside and theyll certainly get it with this rock. This guy is almost wider than he is tall and he is truly immovable in the paint due to his lower center of gravity. He is a polished rebounder and fights for every basket. He doesn't have great post moves but instead gets away with an amazing ability to control his huge body in midair and simply not allow defenders to block him. He's just a hard worker who has a true love for the game. His height may detract from his ability to dominate the NBA like he did in college and he may end up being a role player for his career, but his toughness and work ethic will carry him far and he'll be a solid addition wherever he goes.

Potential: Elton Brand

14) Phoenix Suns: Wayne Ellington SG: Wayne is the 2nd best shooter in the draft and anyone that is lights out can make it in the NBA no matter what. Phoenix thrives on shooting, so why not add a consistent outside threat to play behind the not so consistent J Rich. He has a nice slashing ability when need be and displays decent handle around the basket. He is also a good finisher on the fastbreak but gets lost on defense at times as he seems to think that he is just a spot up shooter on the court and drifts. If he can somehow develope a little more fire for his game I could see him possibly becoming a 6th man of the year at one point in his career.

Potential: Michael Redd

15) Detroit Pistons: BJ Mullens C: Mullens had somewhat of a dissapointing freshman campaign after being so highly touted coming out of high school. A solid finisher around the rim he thrives off pick and rolls and putback dunks. Has solid size and will be able to hold his own in the NBA. Plays very aggresively and shows fire on defense with some explosive blocks. His aggresiveness sometimes leads him to play out of control and at times he becomes lost on offense and turnover prone due to his poor handle. He needs to develope some post moves or else he'll be no more than a solid role player.

Potential: Andrew Bogut/ Anderson Varejao

16) Chicago Bulls: Tyler Hansborough PF: May be a bit of a reach at 16 but Chicago desperately needs help in their frontcourt. Now I know Psycho-T may not be the superstar your looking for but what u see is what u get with him, and that is a very hardworking player with a winning pedigree. He was probably the hardest working player in college bball last year and plays to the best of his abilities, albeit they may not carry well to the nba. He is a good finisher around the basket, with solid rebounding ability, who can pull up for the midrange jumper and just has a knack for making explosive plays. He is undersized for the NBA, but i think his hard work and ability to box out will carry him far.

Potential: Kevin Love/ Reggie Evans

17) Philadelphia 76ers: Eric Maynor PG: A true NBA-Ready point guard. Has a great calm when leading his team and is truly 50-50 shot-pass. He prides himself on his hesitation moves and has an array of tricks to get to the rim and finish or dish it out to the open man. He is a stout defender that has quick hands a good ability to pick off passes. His one knock is that he isn't flashy and doesn't really have superstar potential. he will be a solid starter in this league for years to come though and has the right and humble mindset to succeed.

Potential: Sam Cassell

18) Minnesota Timberwolves: Ty Lawson PG: The fastest player in the draft this year. He loves to push the ball in transition and he has one of the quickest crossovers ive ever seen. Led his team to an NCAA chip on one ankle; he can play under pressure. If he gets time to set his feet his jumper is deadly but he struggles to get shots over bigger defenders because of his short arms. He also has a poor vertical leap which will make it harder to finish around the rim in the NBA. He could fill in nicely behind foye at the point and provide a spark off the bench.

Potential: Jameer Nelson

19) Atlanta Hawks: Toney Douglas PG: Strong finisher with a knack for running the fast break. Doesn't like to waste time with his possessions and shows a good first step. Very straight forward attacker and doesn't do anything fancy to get to the basket, he's just too quick to stop. More of a combo guard than true point but he also has a very efficient jumper which should compensate for the loss of Mike Bibby. He is ready to contribute right away. He lacks fluidity in his game though and is not a great distributor. May not be starting material in the NBA.

Potential: Jordan Farmar

20) Utah Jazz: Chase Budinger SG/SF: The Jazz desperately need a shooter on the wing (a la defenders playing 10 feet off Brewer in the playoffs last year): Budinger is just that. Extremely athletic this guy has hops out the building and good size (6' 7 1/2") for a wing. He lacks a fluid handle though and thus making him inept when attempting to create his own shot. And despite his athleticism he is pretty slow on his feet thus making him a liability on defense.

Potential: Richard Jefferson

21) New Orleans Hornets: Earl Clark SF: An versatile and explosive forward who can switch between either positions. He possesses a quick first step and can finish with authority. Can simply overpower smaller forwards and has no problem finishing around the rim. Has solid vision for a big man and will hit the open man if double teamed. Doesn't possess a good assortment of post moves and he will need to develop some if he wants to contribute at the NBA level. Also has a very poor outside shot.

Potential: Boris Diaw

22) Dallas Mavericks: Terrence Williams SG/SF: An extremely versatile combo wing who loves to lead his team by example whether it be coming up with big plays on defense or slashing to the basket with his amazing athleticism. Thrives in transition and has no problem getting to the basket. Good rebounding ability and solid distributor as well. A triple double threat any game. Although his jumper has improved over the years it is still up in the air and he will need to work on it if he wants to start for the mavs at one point his career.

Potential: Andre Iguodala

23) Sacramento Kings: James Johnson SF: Smooth operator out of the triple threat, this guys all about the fundamentals. He is solid at every aspect of the game and has a consistent jumper out to 3 point range. has nice moves while driving to the basket (especially his spin move) and is good at absorbing contact. Sometimes erratic and will make poor decisions with the ball when under pressure. No one really knows how good this kid will be because he's been inconsistent his whole career, but if he can get it together he could be a very solid contributor for years to come.

Potential: James Posey

24) Portland Trailblazers: Jrue Holliday PG: Tall point guard with good size and great vision when operating in the halfcourt. Loves to pullup from midrange and has a solid arsenal of moves to get to the basket. Puts in a nice effort on defense although his footwork isn't there yet. His lack of an outside jumper has been exposed in his early workouts but on a team like the blazers with all their outside shooting and thus he is rapidly falling down draft boards but i think he would fit in nicely as he is a very good iso player.

25) Oklahoma City Thunder: Austin Daye SF: Had a pretty dissapointing sophomore campaign after lofty expectations but this guy can shoot the lights out. With a 6'10 frame and even longer wing span this guy is a very unique threat on offense with the ability to stretch the floor. Has a clever package of moves in the post and shows good patience with the ball. his slight frame will keep him from doing much in the post at the next level as his handle will also hinder his ability to penetrate from outside as well. He would have benefited from a couple more years at school but his potential is pretty high as is.

Potential: Lamar Odom

26) Chicago Bulls: Sam Young SF: He will be 24 by seasons beginning so what you see is what you get with this guy. His game is pretty ugly but he is very effective at doing all the right things to help your team win. he can knockdown the set jumper and is solid finishing around the basket. Yet don't put this guy in isolation because he can't create for himself and shows an utter lack of confidence in his dribble.

Potential: Bruce Bowen

27) Memphis Grizzlies: Dajuan Summers SF: Yet ANOTHER jack of all trades in the draft. This guy is solid at everything and thats his only knock. His best attribute is his size at 6'8 250 he can easily body up with any wing in the league. Lacks tenacity though and some believe that is the reason he may never be a star in this league.

Potential: Caron Butler

28) Minnesota Timberwolves: Victor Claver SF/PF: An international rising star this guy is an all around offensive threat. Shows good moves in the post yet can stretch the floor with his ever improving jumper. He is a on the scrawny side though and will need to add some muscle to be a contributor in this league.

Potential: Andrea Bargnani

29) L.A Lakers: Darren Collison PG: Quick point guard who thrives in transition. Gets up and down the court and gives all-out hustle thus leading to a lot of big plays both on defense and offense. Has no outside shot and thus may only be a bench player for his career.

Potential: Kyle Lowry

30) Cleveland Cavaliers: Dionte Christmas SG: Lights out shooter who has a good knowledge of moving around screens and finding open spaces on the court to hit the shot or catch a defender off guard and finish with a smooth layup. A bit of an unkwown and also lacks athleticism. He has decent height though at 6'5" and could be a good novelty player off the bench throughout his career.

Potential: Rip Hamilton

Catfish1314
06-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't see Evans or Holiday slipping as far as you have them and I don't think Douglas will be in the first round. Everything else is more than reasonable.

Although, I'm kind of hoping Petrie will take a guy like Flynn instead of Jennings. And from what I've heard/read, that will be the case if Rubio doesn't fall.

loki34
06-20-2009, 07:31 PM
suns fans want earl clark

KH12
06-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm hoping Bulls take Hansbrough, so kudos on that.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-20-2009, 07:48 PM
you obviously know nothing about the Nets

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 07:51 PM

is this because u dont think v.c is going to be traded? just asking...

and who would u like the nets to draft then? and how is CDR doing, from the 15-20 nets games i watched this year, he doesnt look like he'll be starting anytime soon.

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 07:52 PM
suns fans want earl clark

makes sense, grant is getting up, i just assumed u needed some instant help off the bench if ur trying to contend this year. Wayne and Barbosa would be a good duo.

i.got.the.nutz
06-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Darren Collison has no outside shot? LMAO. Please look up his stats

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 08:09 PM
very in depth. You have Evans, Clark, and Holiday too low, but I like the analysis of each player.

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 08:11 PM
and as a Wolves fan, if we walk away with Harden, Lawson, and Claver, we had a great draft

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Darren Collison has no outside shot? LMAO. Please look up his stats

IMO he doesnt. teams would sag off of him during college and all of the 3s he took were WIDE OPEN. he used to be a dreaful shooter but showed improvement. but teams still play off of him because his shot is very unorthodox, inconsistent and has a slow release. thats just my opinion, and lots of other peoples.

dont get ur panties in a bunch though u guys won the chip :)

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 08:13 PM
and as a Wolves fan, if we walk away with Harden, Lawson, and Claver, we had a great draft

ha yeah i was thinking to myself as i was making the mock that if ur wovles made out with that draft in reality, ud be completely set for the future.

jtrinaldi
06-20-2009, 08:13 PM
if bucks are taking the best available they will take tyreke evans there...which they would do no doubt

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Bulls have a pretty decent draft according to your predictions but I hope we get Blair.

nice job though:up:

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 08:19 PM
if bucks are taking the best available they will take tyreke evans there...which they would do no doubt

quick question:

do u really have a need for tyreke with Redd and Jeff and possibly Joe Alexander in the fold?

I picked teague because i saw the bucks taking him in many mock drafts but it doesnt really make sense to me cus u have a very good young PG in Sessions.

so yeah i guess evans would make some sense then, a potential star.

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback so far... keep the critiques coming cus Im not an expert on any team, no even my own sixers, but i always wanna learn more. If i got something wrong lemme know.

Caution1011
06-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback so far... keep the critiques coming cus Im not an expert on any team, no even my own sixers, but i always wanna learn more. If i got something wrong lemme know.

good job:clap: , but i dont like what you said about Sam young he could be like your boy in philli like thaddieus young

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 08:34 PM
good job:clap: , but i dont like what you said about Sam young he could be like your boy in philli like thaddieus young

thanks bro.
yeah i feel u but thad is only 20 and sam young is almost 24, the potential is what made my decision.

Thad also is more of a combo forward while sam is strictly SF, but i still think Sam will be one of the bigger sleepers in the draft. Could also be like an Ariza or Battier

ESaady
06-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't think Nelson would take Flynn at the 7th spot, he wants a field general and Flynn isn't strong enough. Although the outside shooting would be a plus in the eyes of Nelson, he wants someone like Baron. He won't find it this draft, but I won't be surprised if someone like Jrue Holliday is taken by the Warriors. Not necessarily at the 7th spot, but the Warriors could give up that 7th to say Chicago and take Holiday with that pick.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 08:47 PM
David Stern:With the 9th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Toronto Raptors select Demar Derozen out of University of Southern Carolina.

Toronto Fans: (Thunderous applause and cheers) Thank You, Brian Colangelo.

Conlangelo: Don't mention it.

IndyRealist
06-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Couple of things:

Rubio does not compare well to Nash, who is a lights out 3pt shooter. I would think more of a young Jason Kidd.

Right now I think Tyreke Evans goes before Brandon Jennings, maybe Jonny Flynn too.

Jeff Teague is MUCH smaller than Stuckey, who is more of a combo guard playing point. I see him more as a TJ Ford.

Dejuan Blair is 6'5" with a 26" vertical and no jumpshot (Blake Griffin is 6'10" with a 32" vertical). I don't think his offense will translate to the NBA, no matter how hard working he is. He's too small to affect post players, and too slow to guard perimeter players. His career will be as a hustle rebounder. Hopefully I'm wrong, because my Pacers seem to love the guy.

By all accounts, Phoenix is taking Earl Clark.

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Couple of things:

Rubio does not compare well to Nash, who is a lights out 3pt shooter. I would think more of a young Jason Kidd.

Right now I think Tyreke Evans goes before Brandon Jennings, maybe Jonny Flynn too.

Jeff Teague is MUCH smaller than Stuckey, who is more of a combo guard playing point. I see him more as a TJ Ford.

Dejuan Blair is 6'5" with a 26" vertical and no jumpshot (Blake Griffin is 6'10" with a 32" vertical). I don't think his offense will translate to the NBA, no matter how hard working he is. He's too small to affect post players, and too slow to guard perimeter players. His career will be as a hustle rebounder. Hopefully I'm wrong, because my Pacers seem to love the guy.

By all accounts, Phoenix is taking Earl Clark.

good insight and ur opinions make sense.

i just saw on hoopshype and espn rumors that tyreke evans is falling fast though because his jumper is worrying people THAT much and no teams in the top 10 have made a commitment to him, 8/10 already clearly saying no with Toronto and Golden State the only two in the top 10 who would even consider him, but both have thier eyes set on other players, hence i put him at 12

ManRam
06-20-2009, 09:02 PM

Why? I think Henderson is a great pick for them. Move VC to the 3, play Henderson at the 2. Henderson brings some perimeter defense that NJ needs. They have scorers in Harris and Carter, so I think Henderson could step right in and have a nice impact. He wouldn't have much pressure on him offensively. I really like Henderson for the Nets.

PG: Harris
SG: Henderson
SF: Carter
PF: Yi
C: Lopez

Not a bad starting 5.

Vinny642
06-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Earl Clark, nice but I doubt he drops to us.

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 09:03 PM
also i dont think Blair would be a bad pick for u guys. Ur pretty much set at PG, SG, and SF, but u dont have a prototypical big yet. Blair isnt that, but he is a big tough bruiser who would be fun to watch next to hibbert at times.

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Earl Clark, nice but I doubt he drops to us.

hmm yeah true. who would u like the Hornets to realistically draft?

SG seems to be the biggest need i guess.

Vinny642
06-20-2009, 09:07 PM
the hornets?^

Vinny642
06-20-2009, 09:08 PM
I want the hornets to get BJ Mullens if we trade Tyson, Terence Williams, Chase Budinger or Earl Clark if we keep TC

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Earl Clark to Suns.

Evans goes between 6-9.

Flynn too high.

Holiday too low.

Jennings too high.

Hansbourough, while I think he is good and would rather take than half of anyone in the first round, is probably too high.

Johnson too low.

IndyRealist
06-20-2009, 09:36 PM
also i dont think Blair would be a bad pick for u guys. Ur pretty much set at PG, SG, and SF, but u dont have a prototypical big yet. Blair isnt that, but he is a big tough bruiser who would be fun to watch next to hibbert at times.

I see what you mean about Evans.

The Pacers are a run n' gun team that has penetrating PG's and shoots tons of 3's. Playing Blair and Hibbert would:

1) Clog the paint. Neither would get a shot off because there'd be two defenders in the paint already, and our PG's could no longer penetrate the lane, for the same reason.
2) Slow down the pace. The team thrives on transition 3's, and we'd be putting another player in who can't run the break. Other than Hibbert and Nesterovic (who is gone), everyone on the team can run.
3) Take a shooter off the floor. Troy Murphy plays Blair's position. He's the 3rd best 3pt shooter in the league, at 45%. He shot almost as many 3's and #1 and #2 combined. The Pacers thrive on transition 3's.
4) Not provide any additional rebounding. Murphy's also the 2nd best rebounder in the league, and I think that's the only thing that Blair will be able to do well in the NBA.
5) Not bring anything, statistically, to the table. Murphy averages 14/11 without any plays being run for him. If they actively looked to get him going, he might manage 20ppg. At the VERY best, Blair might become a 14/11 player in the future. Why draft one when you already have one? Blair would also be taking minutes from Jeff Foster, who had a +275 point differential last year (the team scored 275 more points than their opponents when Jeff was in vs. when he was on the bench).
6) Not get us a new PG.I hate our PG's. The Pacers were outscored by 80 when TJ Ford is in the game. Ford and Jarret Jack are both undersized SG's who overdribble, dominate the ball, drive into triple teams, and are turnover prone. Jack dribbles the ball off his foot at least once a game. Our one effective PG, Travis Diener, is the 3rd stringer despite his 5.5:1 assist to turnover ratio and a +29 point differential even with low minutes (Ford is -69 and Jack +19 with a lot more minutes).

Obviously I feel very strongly on the subject. :smoking:

Great thread, btw.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I see the Pacers selecting Flynn if he slips. But most likely Lawson.

AllTheWay
06-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Darren Collison is a good pick for the lakers...I want him or Marcus Thornton at that pick.

Collison could guard the super fast PGs that Fish, Farmar, and Brown couldn't, i.e. the Nelsons, Harrises, Parkers, and Brooks of the league.

JWO35
06-20-2009, 09:45 PM
No way the Pistons pass on Earl Clark!!!!
No one likes BJ Mullens (he fails) :sad2:

TYoung21
06-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Lovin the Maynor pick Beatz :D

Beno7500
06-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I'd be really happy with Jennings if Rubio is gone.

IndyRealist
06-20-2009, 09:50 PM
I see the Pacers selecting Flynn if he slips. But most likely Lawson.

I can see them taking Flynn if available, but I'd rather have Maynor.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 09:53 PM
^ I think Lawson might be their PG. Lawson is quicker and more up tempo even though Maynor has better handling and B-Ball IQ.

i.got.the.nutz
06-20-2009, 09:54 PM
IMO he doesnt. teams would sag off of him during college and all of the 3s he took were WIDE OPEN. he used to be a dreaful shooter but showed improvement. but teams still play off of him because his shot is very unorthodox, inconsistent and has a slow release. thats just my opinion, and lots of other peoples.

dont get ur panties in a bunch though u guys won the chip :)

Fair enough. I'm a UCLA fan so I have watched him for four years, and he has really improved his shot the last two. That being said, I hope he's still there at #29 for the Lakers to draft him. Watching Collison and Farmar duke it out would be fun to watch.

PhillyBoomerang
06-20-2009, 10:00 PM
where is Gerald Henderson?

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 10:01 PM
I see what you mean about Evans.

The Pacers are a run n' gun team that has penetrating PG's and shoots tons of 3's. Playing Blair and Hibbert would:

1) Clog the paint. Neither would get a shot off because there'd be two defenders in the paint already, and our PG's could no longer penetrate the lane, for the same reason.
2) Slow down the pace. The team thrives on transition 3's, and we'd be putting another player in who can't run the break. Other than Hibbert and Nesterovic (who is gone), everyone on the team can run.
3) Take a shooter off the floor. Troy Murphy plays Blair's position. He's the 3rd best 3pt shooter in the league, at 45%. He shot almost as many 3's and #1 and #2 combined. The Pacers thrive on transition 3's.
4) Not provide any additional rebounding. Murphy's also the 2nd best rebounder in the league, and I think that's the only thing that Blair will be able to do well in the NBA.
5) Not bring anything, statistically, to the table. Murphy averages 14/11 without any plays being run for him. If they actively looked to get him going, he might manage 20ppg. At the VERY best, Blair might become a 14/11 player in the future. Why draft one when you already have one? Blair would also be taking minutes from Jeff Foster, who had a +275 point differential last year (the team scored 275 more points than their opponents when Jeff was in vs. when he was on the bench).
6) Not get us a new PG.I hate our PG's. The Pacers were outscored by 80 when TJ Ford is in the game. Ford and Jarret Jack are both undersized SG's who overdribble, dominate the ball, drive into triple teams, and are turnover prone. Jack dribbles the ball off his foot at least once a game. Our one effective PG, Travis Diener, is the 3rd stringer despite his 5.5:1 assist to turnover ratio and a +29 point differential even with low minutes (Ford is -69 and Jack +19 with a lot more minutes).

Obviously I feel very strongly on the subject. :smoking:

Great thread, btw.

haha good insight man, makes a lot of sense. this is a pretty weak draft tbh and i think the pacers would def be better off trading for a PG or big man. You have a clogged SF pos. Granger is a stud and Dunleavy is underrated IMO so i think troy murphy and foster could go.

Who would u look for in a trade?

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Fair enough. I'm a UCLA fan so I have watched him for four years, and he has really improved his shot the last two. That being said, I hope he's still there at #29 for the Lakers to draft him. Watching Collison and Farmar duke it out would be fun to watch.

true, and since u saw collison more than i did, id have to say ud have better insight on the guy. i think he could still be a dangerous weapon on the team cus he is that quick PG that the lakers are lacking. what is farmars stance on the team, will he take the reigns when fish is gone because i noticed his minutes were down in the Playoffs?

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 10:03 PM
where is Gerald Henderson?

going to the nets IMO

GSW fan
06-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I like the warriors pick

nymets57
06-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm bored and in the hospital for the weekend so I'm gonna make this mock draft for all you good folks here at PSD in anticipation for the upcoming NBA Draft in 5 days.

I'm no expert but I've been watching a lot of workouts, youtube vids, and watched a TON of college bball last year so i feel i have a general knowledge about this years group of prospects.

Feel free to throw a hissy fit if u dont agree with my picks. just know that it really doesnt matter because its not like this mock draft is going the change the world, its just one guys opinion.

Im gonna try to keep it reasonable and suit the picks for team needs and potential; ill put my gm cap on for a sec.

so here it is..

1) Los Angeles Clippers: Blake Griffin PF: Freak of an athlete. Can get up and down the court with ease and has a great offensive post game. Has a very solid frame and an amazing vertical leap to go with it, making him almost impossible to stop within 10 feet of the basket. His defense is still suspect as he does go flatfooted sometimes but he can work on that. Should be a franchise player for years to come.

2)Memphis Grizzlies: Ricky Rubio PG: Easily the 2nd best prospect in the draft this year. He won't blow you away with his athleticism, but rather his knowledge of the game at such a young age. It also helps that he is a pinpoint passer and can wow the crowd with flash and euro league flair. He works hard on defense and has extremely quick hands which lead to many more fast break ops which this kid thrives on. He will be a fan favorite and crowd pleaser wherever he goes. He needs to work on his outside shot in order to keep defenders honest.

3) OKC Thunder: Hasheem Thabeet C: Standing at 7'2 with a 7'8" wing span this guy is a daunting defensive presence in the paint. He really progressed and built up his I.Q year after year in college, which is a good sign because it shows he is a hard worker and is willing to work past the critics to improve his game. He is an incredible shotblocker and much of this can be attributed to his length and his amazing timing on the block. He is a stout rebounder as well and shows good technique boxing out huskier players. His offensive game is extremely lacking but for a team stacked with Durant, Westbrook, and Green, I think they'll be just fine in the scoring dpt. for years to come.

4) Sacramento Kings: Brandon Jennings PG: Amazing athlete and lightning fast. This guy truly has superstar potential but he also has one of the biggest chances of being a bust in this league. He has great tenacity in his game and is a surprisingly skillful and flashy passer. His best attribute is his confidence and when he called out Ricky Rubio he didn't stutter, he truly believes he is better and i like that type of cockiness in a young guy. He'll bring what he has to the table but his work ethic is still in question. His main knock is that he is extremely streaky with his shot but the fact that he has a shot is suitable enough. He is a slasher and a good enough passer to survive in this league at worst.

5) Washington Wizards: Jordan Hill PF: Antawn is getting up there in age so finding a successor should be Washingoton's priority. Jordan Hill's game isn't pretty but its very effective. He has a good assortment of post moves a la Chris Bosh and uses his quickness and athleticism to spin by defenders or go up for an easy hook shot or slam it home. He can stretch the floor with a solid midrange game. His defense is still in question because of his skinny frame thus making him susceptible to getting pushed around on the block. If he puts on some muscle though this guy is a franchise big in the making.

6) Minnesota Timberwolves: James Harden SG: James is about as NBA-Ready a player as your going to get. This pick could easily compensate for the Randy Foye for Brandon Roy debacle they pulled a couple years ago. James is a jack of all trades but his one knock is that he isn't amazing at anything, he's just very good. That isn't a con. He'll step in right away and provide a spark off the bench with his consistent jumper and high I.Q. At the very least he will be a solid starter for years to come IMO.

7) Golden State Warriors: Johnny Flynn PG: Lightning quick with a very good 3 point shot and shocking athleticism for a kid his size. He is very calm and collected on the court and shows great poise leading his team. Has a great knack for finishing at the rim and contorting his body to make tough shots. He is not a true point guard by any means but has all the right tools and knowledge to be competent at least in this league. He is smaller than his 6'0 height suggests though and that could be a problem playing in a backcourt with Monta Ellis, but boy would that be the fastest backcourt in the NBA.

8) New York Knickerbockers: Stephen Curry PG: You wanted him, you got him, although I wouldn't be surprised if NY moved up in the draft to get him. Yes, we all know he is the best shooter in the draft. What you may not know is that he is also a sound passer and skillful man to man defender. Don't let his baby face fool you, he has a meanstreak in him that catches defenders off guard and he is also surprisingly athletic and can finish strong at the rim even while being double teamed. He is a little flat footed on defense though and doesn't really have the quickness of feet to stand in front of the faster PG's in this league. Also, what position will he play? I could see him passing off as a PG throughout his career because i think his dishing skills are solid enough. New York will love this kid, he and Nasty Nate would be quite an exciting/little 1-2 punch off the bench.

9) Toronto Raptors: Demar Derozan SG: The best highflyer in the draft this year. He is notorious for his rim rattling dunks. He is a finisher plain and simpler. He'll slash to the basket and his athleticism has allowed him to get away with the other difficiencies in his game because he is just THAT much more of a freak than you. He has a solid outside jumper which is good enough to keep defenders honest and he'll dazzle the crowd with some amazing fadeaways and, at-times, questionable shot selection. Toronto has been lacking an explosive wing ever since VC left but the second coming may be just around the corner with this kid. He needs to develop a killer instinct though as sometimes he seems to be drifting during games.

10) Milwaukee Bucks: Jeff Teague PG: Just a solid PG overall. Really no glaring flaws in his game. He is very quick and has good explosiveness which allows him to finish at the rim with ease. He thrives on penetration and in the bucks system with their 3 point shooters he would thrive with a few drive and dish plays out to Redd or Jefferson. Shows a deceptive change of speed which adds to his arsenal of ways to get to the basket but he also has a consistent jumper making defenders have to play up on him. He has a slight frame though and this could lead to problems against the bigger combo guards of the NBA.

11) New Jersey Nets: Gerald Henderson SG: V.C is likely to be traded this offseason with the team likely headed in a more youthful direction. They already have great pieces in Harris and Lopez and I feel Hendersons solid overall production would be a surefire addition to this up and coming team. You know what you are going to get with this guy. He is another jack of all trades but his ability to throw down thunderous dunks and lockdown the opposing teams SG is what NJ should be counting on. He is a stout defender and has a solid outisde shot. He does everything you'd need your starting SG to do. His only knock is that he just doesn't have that superstar potential and his lack of height may hurt him as his athleticism carried him pretty far in college.

12) Charlotte Bobcats: Tyreke Evans SG: Highly touted coming out of high school this kid never quite lived up to his potential. But that's the thing with this guy, no one knows how good he could be. A typical slasher: he has a long wingspan which allows him to make nifty plays while driving to the basket. You rarely see him dunk as he has a much easier time just laying the ball up around defenders, sometimes at impossible angles. He has a very unorthodox shot due to his long arms but it has been improving over the years, still VERY inconsistent though. Solid perimeter defender with a knack for getting steals, once again, attributed to his freakishly long arms. He has a chance to be a superstar in this league if he can pull that jumper together but he is also one of the bigger risks in the draft. But what do the bobcats have to lose at this point?

13) Indiana Pacers: Dejuan Blair PF: The pacers need more toughness inside and theyll certainly get it with this rock. This guy is almost wider than he is tall and he is truly immovable in the paint due to his lower center of gravity. He is a polished rebounder and fights for every basket. He doesn't have great post moves but instead gets away with an amazing ability to control his huge body in midair and simply not allow defenders to block him. He's just a hard worker who has a true love for the game. His height may detract from his ability to dominate the NBA like he did in college and he may end up being a role player for his career, but his toughness and work ethic will carry him far and he'll be a solid addition wherever he goes.

14) Phoenix Suns: Wayne Ellington SG: Wayne is the 2nd best shooter in the draft and anyone that is lights out can make it in the NBA no matter what. Phoenix thrives on shooting, so why not add a consistent outside threat to play behind the not so consistent J Rich. He has a nice slashing ability when need be and displays decent handle around the basket. He is also a good finisher on the fastbreak but gets lost on defense at times as he seems to think that he is just a spot up shooter on the court and drifts. If he can somehow develope a little more fire for his game I could see him possibly becoming a 6th man of the year at one point in his career.

15) Detroit Pistons: BJ Mullens C: Mullens had somewhat of a dissapointing freshman campaign after being so highly touted coming out of high school. A solid finisher around the rim he thrives off pick and rolls and putback dunks. Has solid size and will be able to hold his own in the NBA. Plays very aggresively and shows fire on defense with some explosive blocks. His aggresiveness sometimes leads him to play out of control and at times he becomes lost on offense and turnover prone due to his poor handle. He needs to develope some post moves or else he'll be no more than a solid role player.

16) Chicago Bulls: Tyler Hansborough PF: May be a bit of a reach at 16 but Chicago desperately needs help in their frontcourt. Now I know Psycho-T may not be the superstar your looking for but what u see is what u get with him, and that is a very hardworking player with a winning pedigree. He was probably the hardest working player in college bball last year and plays to the best of his abilities, albeit they may not carry well to the nba. He is a good finisher around the basket, with solid rebounding ability, who can pull up for the midrange jumper and just has a knack for making explosive plays. He is undersized for the NBA, but i think his hard work and ability to box out will carry him far.

17) Philadelphia 76ers: Eric Maynor PG: A true NBA-Ready point guard. Has a great calm when leading his team and is truly 50-50 shot-pass. He prides himself on his hesitation moves and has an array of tricks to get to the rim and finish or dish it out to the open man. He is a stout defender that has quick hands a good ability to pick off passes. His one knock is that he isn't flashy and doesn't really have superstar potential. he will be a solid starter in this league for years to come though and has the right and humble mindset to succeed.

18) Minnesota Timberwolves: Ty Lawson PG: The fastest player in the draft this year. He loves to push the ball in transition and he has one of the quickest crossovers ive ever seen. Led his team to an NCAA chip on one ankle; he can play under pressure. If he gets time to set his feet his jumper is deadly but he struggles to get shots over bigger defenders because of his short arms. He also has a poor vertical leap which will make it harder to finish around the rim in the NBA. He could fill in nicely behind foye at the point and provide a spark off the bench.

19) Atlanta Hawks: Toney Douglas PG: Strong finisher with a knack for running the fast break. Doesn't like to waste time with his possessions and shows a good first step. Very straight forward attacker and doesn't do anything fancy to get to the basket, he's just too quick to stop. More of a combo guard than true point but he also has a very efficient jumper which should compensate for the loss of Mike Bibby. He is ready to contribute right away. He lacks fluidity in his game though and is not a great distributor. May not be starting material in the NBA.

20) Utah Jazz: Chase Budinger SG/SF: The Jazz desperately need a shooter on the wing (a la defenders playing 10 feet off Brewer in the playoffs last year): Budinger is just that. Extremely athletic this guy has hops out the building and good size (6' 7 1/2") for a wing. He lacks a fluid handle though and thus making him inept when attempting to create his own shot. And despite his athleticism he is pretty slow on his feet thus making him a liability on defense.

21) New Orleans Hornets: Earl Clark SF: An versatile and explosive forward who can switch between either positions. He possesses a quick first step and can finish with authority. Can simply overpower smaller forwards and has no problem finishing around the rim. Has solid vision for a big man and will hit the open man if double teamed. Doesn't possess a good assortment of post moves and he will need to develop some if he wants to contribute at the NBA level. Also has a very poor outside shot.

22) Dallas Mavericks: Terrence Williams SG/SF: An extremely versatile combo wing who loves to lead his team by example whether it be coming up with big plays on defense or slashing to the basket with his amazing athleticism. Thrives in transition and has no problem getting to the basket. Good rebounding ability and solid distributor as well. A triple double threat any game. Although his jumper has improved over the years it is still up in the air and he will need to work on it if he wants to start for the mavs at one point his career.

23) Sacramento Kings: James Johnson SF: Smooth operator out of the triple threat, this guys all about the fundamentals. He is solid at every aspect of the game and has a consistent jumper out to 3 point range. has nice moves while driving to the basket (especially his spin move) and is good at absorbing contact. Sometimes erratic and will make poor decisions with the ball when under pressure. No one really knows how good this kid will be because he's been inconsistent his whole career, but if he can get it together he could be a very solid contributor for years to come.

24) Portland Trailblazers: Jrue Holliday PG: Tall point guard with good size and great vision when operating in the halfcourt. Loves to pullup from midrange and has a solid arsenal of moves to get to the basket. Puts in a nice effort on defense although his footwork isn't there yet. His lack of an outside jumper has been exposed in his early workouts but on a team like the blazers with all their outside shooting and thus he is rapidly falling down draft boards but i think he would fit in nicely as he is a very good iso player.

25) Oklahoma City Thunder: Austin Daye SF: Had a pretty dissapointing sophomore campaign after lofty expectations but this guy can shoot the lights out. With a 6'10 frame and even longer wing span this guy is a very unique threat on offense with the ability to stretch the floor. Has a clever package of moves in the post and shows good patience with the ball. his slight frame will keep him from doing much in the post at the next level as his handle will also hinder his ability to penetrate from outside as well. He would have benefited from a couple more years at school but his potential is pretty high as is.

26) Chicago Bulls: Sam Young SF: He will be 24 by seasons beginning so what you see is what you get with this guy. His game is pretty ugly but he is very effective at doing all the right things to help your team win. he can knockdown the set jumper and is solid finishing around the basket. Yet don't put this guy in isolation because he can't create for himself and shows an utter lack of confidence in his dribble.

27) Memphis Grizzlies: Dajuan Summers SF: Yet ANOTHER jack of all trades in the draft. This guy is solid at everything and thats his only knock. His best attribute is his size at 6'8 250 he can easily body up with any wing in the league. Lacks tenacity though and some believe that is the reason he may never be a star in this league.

28) Minnesota Timberwolves: Victor Claver SF/PF: An international rising star this guy is an all around offensive threat. Shows good moves in the post yet can stretch the floor with his ever improving jumper. He is a on the scrawny side though and will need to add some muscle to be a contributor in this league.

29) L.A Lakers: Darren Collison PG: Quick point guard who thrives in transition. Gets up and down the court and gives all-out hustle thus leading to a lot of big plays both on defense and offense. Has no outside shot and thus may only be a bench player for his career.

30) Cleveland Cavaliers: Dionte Christmas SG: Lights out shooter who has a good knowledge of moving around screens and finding open spaces on the court to hit the shot or catch a defender off guard and finish with a smooth layup. A bit of an unkwown and also lacks athleticism. He has decent height though at 6'5" and could be a good novelty player off the bench throughout his career.

As much as I would love to trade VC, I don't think anyone will take on his contract. (I believe its 2 yrs $22 million) I really don't see a difference between G. Henderson and T. Evans, if it comes down to those to, I think KiKi and Rod will pick the best available and that would be Evans. Or they could trade the pick for 2 later 1st rounders and pick Clark and T. Williams.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 10:20 PM
As much as I would love to trade VC, I don't think anyone will take on his contract. (I believe its 2 yrs $22 million) I really don't see a difference between G. Henderson and T. Evans, if it comes down to those to, I think KiKi and Rod will pick the best available and that would be Evans. Or they could trade the pick for 2 later 1st rounders and pick Clark and T. Williams.

I think its more like 2 years and $33 million.

He gets paid like 16 mil a year.

R BU 5
06-20-2009, 10:26 PM
good thread man, and hope your doing good in the hospital

i.got.the.nutz
06-20-2009, 10:28 PM
true, and since u saw collison more than i did, id have to say ud have better insight on the guy. i think he could still be a dangerous weapon on the team cus he is that quick PG that the lakers are lacking. what is farmars stance on the team, will he take the reigns when fish is gone because i noticed his minutes were down in the Playoffs?

I'm still not buying Farmar as a starter for this Lakers team when Fish is gone. Shannon Brown has shown that he deserves more minutes on this team and I wouldn't be surprised if he took over Farmar's roll next season. I still think we're gonna draft a point guard though just because we're still not set on the rotations next year.

IndyRealist
06-20-2009, 10:59 PM
haha good insight man, makes a lot of sense. this is a pretty weak draft tbh and i think the pacers would def be better off trading for a PG or big man. You have a clogged SF pos. Granger is a stud and Dunleavy is underrated IMO so i think troy murphy and foster could go.

Who would u look for in a trade?

I would rather replace Hibbert than Murphy. Troy does way too much, and does it well. My wishlist consists of:

An Andris Biedrins type center, a hustle rebounder who can run the floor and scores without having to have plays called for him, or a PF/C who can reasonably play the pick n' roll and can D up both Amare Stoudamire and Yao Ming, like a Tyson Chandler.

A PG who's actually a PG and not a SG, like well, Eric Maynor. Someone who gets the rest of the team involved and keeps the offense moving.

A defensive SG/SF who can hit an open 3, like Bruce Bowen or Shane Battier to back up Brandon Rush and Danny Granger.

That would make the Pacers a pretty good team. I left off the "in your dreams" players like Lebron, Paul, etc. What the team needs is mostly solid role players rather than a superstar.

td0tsfinest
06-20-2009, 11:13 PM
i don't see tyreke evans falling that far

Catfish1314
06-20-2009, 11:20 PM

That and Nash isn't much of a defender. Rubio loves to play defense and is particularly effective off the ball.

Why? I think Henderson is a great pick for them. Move VC to the 3, play Henderson at the 2. Henderson brings some perimeter defense that NJ needs. They have scorers in Harris and Carter, so I think Henderson could step right in and have a nice impact. He wouldn't have much pressure on him offensively. I really like Henderson for the Nets.

PG: Harris
SG: Henderson
SF: Carter
PF: Yi
C: Lopez

Not a bad starting 5.

I agree. I think Henderson is one of the most NBA ready players on the board. Physically, athletically, and his brain is there.

I think if Rubio is taken before the Kings pick and they don't trade for him, Geoff Petrie will go with Johnny Flynn. Everybody he's worked out for loves him because of his charisma and athleticism. Leadership is a strongpoint with him and the Kings need a leader more than any team in the league.

That said, you never know with Geoff Petrie so Jennings could be the guy. His selections have a tendency to come out of nowhere (i.e., Jason Thompson, Quincy Douby, Peja Stojakovic, Hedo Turkoglu, Kevin Martin). Less likely at 4th overall, but anything's possible.

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2009, 01:34 PM
i don't see tyreke evans falling that far

ha lets make a bet then. jp

i have EXCLUSIVE insider sources (aka hoopshype, nbadraft net, and draftexpress) saying that Evans stock is falling fast because of his unorthodox jumper and lack of athleticism.

it was a little strange to me that evans can barely get 2 feet off the ground with consistency.

i watched his workout with the Kings on youtube though and he didnt miss a shot though... so who really knows whats going on.

i could see the t wolves taking him but i could easily see him falling out of the top 10.

MPScribbles
06-21-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't watch much college basketball except the tourney but from what I've seen and read I would like the Bulls, if they don't trade their picks, to get Hansbrough and Austin Daye. Sam Young isn't(young) and Daye seems like he has a lot of potential. Picking that low, I think it is always smart to pick on potential. Picking top 10, not so much. If a guy is picked on potential late in the 1st and doesn't pan out the team isn't really out that much.

Great job btw. Very much in sync with the site I go to for pre-draft stuff(nbadraft.net). Seems like you have a pretty good handle on most of the guys projected for the 1st round. When you gonna do the follow up, 2nd round mock?

mikantsass
06-21-2009, 03:21 PM

so here it is..

I hope your hospital trip is nothing serious...... i agree with alot of your analysis and pro comparisons. I'm just not high on Rubio at all and i know a lot of people are. So i am going to disagree with Rubio going 2nd, i think he slips to 5 or so but other than that i think you are on point

jacquewho?
06-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I don't see the Pacers passing up Jrue Holliday. Eric Maynor is another possibility but we would have to trade down to get him cause his stock is falling.

J-Relo
06-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I guess Earl Clark won't fall that much, i heard that even PHX won't let him slip past them (unless someone else would still be there)

J-Relo
06-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I hope your hospital trip is nothing serious...... i agree with alot of your analysis and pro comparisons. I'm just not high on Rubio at all and i know a lot of people are. So i am going to disagree with Rubio going 2nd, i think he slips to 5 or so but other than that i think you are on point

i think that Rubio is really talented, but not easily second best player in the draft

Kakaroach
06-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Budinger for the Jazz. Interesting, even though at this point many mock drafts have us taking Hansbrough.