PDA

View Full Version : I still believe in...

td0tsfinest
06-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Which player do you still have some faith in despite a disappointing season or career start?

Some Examples: Allen Iverson, Greg Oden, Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis

what54!?
06-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Out of them oden since he was a rookie and the youngest of them

asandhu23
06-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I still believe in Baron Davis

Lakersfan2483
06-20-2009, 06:25 PM
T-Mac (hopefully he can turn his career around)

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Shaq to average 20 and 10.
Nash to average 17 and 10.

Korman12
06-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Oden. Always thought very well of the guy and want him to succeed.

xabial
06-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Gilbert Arenas has been working like crazy he has already lost 20 lbs and is probably in the best shape of his career

VCaintdead17
06-20-2009, 06:51 PM
I still believe in Baron Davis

x2

I really believe that Baron can bounce back next year. Although alot of it depends if he stays on the Clippers or not.

Mets4Life101
06-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Ai

blazerman
06-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I have no doubt Greg Oden will improve and no reason to think Baron Davis wont be back on his game.

Actually I can see Baron Davis having a good season because Blake Griffin is a no nonsense hard worker and they should make a nice combination and Baron will also have a real nice backcourt mate in Eric Gordon.

Gordon, Griffin and maybe Al Thornton should give Baron some real solid dependable options. Hopefully for the Clippers sake they can get a good team first player for Kaman(only real chemistry killer is Zach Randolph)

I dont see AI being a big part of any team unless he can accept the fact that he will only be a role player on a good team, kinda like Micheal Finley. Im not sure he would even be anything more than a 2nd or 3rd option on a bad team.

EX-TREME
06-20-2009, 07:50 PM
baron, tmac , gil,oden

ai is on a decline

S.J.Basketball
06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I still believe in Andrew Bynum.(Not really, but I want do)

MAKE ME BELIEVE BYNUM!!! MAKE ME BELIEVE!!!!!!

BullsNumber1Fan
06-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I still believe in Tyrus Thomas and Luol Deng even when all Bulls fans on this forum but like 5 have lost all faith in them.

Kakaroach
06-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I still believe in Carlos Boozer. A horrible season due to a major injury. Although a lot of Jazz fans want him gone, I know he is still one of the best big men in the league.

IndyRealist
06-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Baron Davis, if he's given full reigns of the offense.

Mike Dunleavy Jr, year and a half out for a knee injury. Fingers crossed.

Jermaine O'Neal, glad to see he still has something in the tank.

Tim Duncan, I hate hearing that a 20-10 big man with 4 championship rings is "over the hill" and "declining".

MiamiHeat
06-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Dorell Wright
:up:

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Elton Brand will be back

EastCoastBaller
06-20-2009, 08:43 PM
E.Okafor

GCOOKIE7
06-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Jesus! Oh wait I'm atheist.

Trouble87
06-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Eddy Curry
Greg Oden
Andrei Kirilenko
Michael Redd
Corey Brewer

Chronz
06-20-2009, 10:55 PM
My guarantees Tmac will be better than he was last year, ditto for Baron, Im about ready to give up on Jermaine ever outplaying his previous season but I hope he doesnt decline too badly, AI depends on where he gos more than any other player but he set the bar low this year and could easily outplay himself. Shaq wont ever get 20-10 again but if he can play 70+ games again it'll be all his team could ask.

Vinny642
06-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Tyson Chandler

td0tsfinest
06-20-2009, 11:00 PM
though I'm losing faith in the guy as the days go on, I still believe Andrew Bynum could bounce back from what i believe was a down season compared to last year.

Baron Davis needs to bounce back, I know he can.

Jared Bayless is another guy I think could have a good season next year.

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 11:06 PM
tyrus thomas

Vinny642
06-20-2009, 11:07 PM
^^^
Why, he isnt bad.

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 11:16 PM
^^^
Why, he isnt bad.

He is too inconsistent. one day he will have 15/10 next day he could have 4/7. I still beleive he can become a good player by becoming consistent, and not making stupid mistakes. And he isn't exactly living up to what his potential is as well.

Vinny642
06-20-2009, 11:18 PM
o0o yea, he'll be good once the bulls get a center they gonna be scary

ragee
06-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I still believe in Greg Oden... Once he learns how to not commit that much fouls, he will gain his confidence back and that is when we will see his true potential...

Kabowdos
06-20-2009, 11:45 PM
tmac is done

Pauleboman
06-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Please hold me too these picks please..
Luol Deng
Gilbert Arenas

BALLER71
06-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Michael Beasley.

_KB24_
06-21-2009, 12:03 AM
They can all bounce back but I don't expect anything from Greg Oden. The kid was a bust whether you guys like it or not. The best I see him averaging is maybe 12 and 8-9 in a season.....if he ever plays a full one.

JordansBulls
06-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Vince Carter

NYtilIdie
06-21-2009, 12:06 AM
T-Mac could be comeback of the decade if he puts up 25 ppg

A.I. but he needs to practice to stay on top of his game he's not that great anymore to where he doesn't need to practice

BroSweets
06-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Gilbert Arenas always seems to play best with a chip on his shoulder, so I think he can make a strong comeback. At least for the Wizards' sake I hope he can. I think with a little more support Baron Davis can get back to his old ways again next season.

J$mo0th_3o5
06-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Dorell Wright
:up:

:hi5:
We want to see that T-Mac potential.

Kyben36
06-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Tyrus Thomas, This was truely his first year as a contributor to the team. Rok he wasnt on the court much, Last year he was realy nothing, This was his first year with 25+ MINUTES, I think next year could be a good year for him.

blazerman
06-21-2009, 03:46 AM
They can all bounce back but I don't expect anything from Greg Oden. The kid was a bust whether you guys like it or not. The best I see him averaging is maybe 12 and 8-9 in a season.....if he ever plays a full one.

You hope that's all he does.

What about Bynum he hasnt done much in his 4 or 5 yrs and he seems to break fairly often. He may have won a title this yr but he wasnt any kind of factor in the playoffs and the lakers could have won this yr without him.

Bynum actually got worse as the season progressed.

Raidaz4Life
06-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Jordan Farmar!!

Raidaz4Life
06-21-2009, 03:53 AM
You hope that's all he does.

What about Bynum he hasnt done much in his 4 or 5 yrs and he seems to break fairly often. He may have won a title this yr but he wasnt any kind of factor in the playoffs and the lakers could have won this yr without him.

Bynum actually got worse as the season progressed.

At least Bynum has shown promise before his freak injuries... in January last year he was averaging like 26 and 14 a game

LakersDudeee
06-21-2009, 03:58 AM
Sasha Vujacic!!! Coby Karl!!

blazerman
06-21-2009, 04:28 AM
At least Bynum has shown promise before his freak injuries... in January last year he was averaging like 26 and 14 a game

Id hope so after 5yrs!

Give Oden some time too.

Injuries happen unfortunately.

ragee
06-21-2009, 04:47 AM
Id hope so after 5yrs!

Give Oden some time too.

:nod: I think Oden looked lost on some of his later games because he lost his confidence... When people started criticizing him, it got through him... I know it shouldn't but it did... What can he do? He may look old but that guy is still young... One more factor that led to this is because I think he over did his improvement in his upper strength... He put on too many pounds... I am sure, he will shed some of those and I am sure, the Blazers will train him not commit silly fouls this summer... Once that happens, then we will see what Oden can really do...

People should give him some time... I don't want to bash on Bynum coz him and Ariza are my favorite Lakers but he is been in the league for a couple of years now... If you guys are willing to cut him some slack, give Oden the same treatment... He's been playing in the league for only a year and because of his nag of getting a lot of fouls, he has only played for limited mins... That being said, he was still able to put up decent (not great) numbers...

Sasha Vujacic!!! Coby Karl!!

I used to like Vujacic... Not anymore... He fell in love with his three and nowadays, that is the only thing that he does... He is doing a terrible job at it I might add...

Reddd
06-21-2009, 04:58 AM
T-Mac, Bynum and Arenas, maybe AI will get himself together, but i would really like to see T-Mac in his scoring title shape again

ragee
06-21-2009, 05:03 AM
T-Mac, Bynum and Arenas, maybe AI will get himself together, but i would really like to see T-Mac in his scoring title shape again

I am actually hoping the Rockets can continue to play great basketball and do well in the playoffs without him... That arrogant SOB should learn to shut his mouth and not disrespect his teammates!

_KB24_
06-21-2009, 05:12 AM
:nod: I think Oden looked lost on some of his later games because he lost his confidence... When people started criticizing him, it got through him... I know it shouldn't but it did... What can he do? He may look old but that guy is still young... One more factor that led to this is because I think he over did his improvement in his upper strength... He put on too many pounds... I am sure, he will shed some of those and I am sure, the Blazers will train him not commit silly fouls this summer... Once that happens, then we will see what Oden can really do...

Yeah I agree with the confidence factor. He never seemed focus when playing, he rushed a lot. He can still be a decent player in the league but I just think it won't happen. There was a harsh comparison in ESPN radio a couple a months ago...when they were comparing him to Kwame Brown...giving the slight edge to Brown...

ragee
06-21-2009, 05:19 AM
Yeah I agree with the confidence factor. He never seemed focus when playing, he rushed a lot. He can still be a decent player in the league but I just think it won't happen. There was a harsh comparison in ESPN radio a couple a months ago...when they were comparing him to Kwame Brown...giving the slight edge to Brown...

Well, I guess only time can tell... You are right though... Comparing him to Kwame is way too harsh!!!!!!! :mad:

hockeypro68
06-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Baron Davis 2009-10 Season stats:
24.2ppg, 8.5apg, 4.4rpg, 43%fg, 2.5spg

Tblaze
06-21-2009, 09:00 AM
I think both Jerryd Bayless and Greg Oden are going to show great things this year!

prash
06-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I still believe McGrady will come back next season and make a deep playoff run with the Rockets.

Wilson
06-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Jordan Farmar!!

I still believe he can be a good PG, but I don't believe he can be a consistent 20 PPG, 7 APG guy anymore. His decision making on the court has never seemed to improve. It looked like he improved a bit towards the end of the season, but that could just be because he wasn't as much of a focal point anymore.

Anyway, I still believe in Andrew Bynum. Both his injuries have been freak things (landing on someone's foot, having a guy roll into his knee), and this season he just never seemed to get his explosion back. Hopefully he gets back to 100% this summer, and works on cutting down on stupid fouls.

UofA
06-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Kobe Bryant

Radio Rakeem
06-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I still believe in Darko Milicic. He could only get better.....right?

Raidaz4Life
06-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Id hope so after 5yrs!

Give Oden some time too.

I believe you mean 3 years.... Bynum and Oden are the same age

Raidaz4Life
06-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I still believe he can be a good PG, but I don't believe he can be a consistent 20 PPG, 7 APG guy anymore. His decision making on the court has never seemed to improve. It looked like he improved a bit towards the end of the season, but that could just be because he wasn't as much of a focal point anymore.

Anyway, I still believe in Andrew Bynum. Both his injuries have been freak things (landing on someone's foot, having a guy roll into his knee), and this season he just never seemed to get his explosion back. Hopefully he gets back to 100% this summer, and works on cutting down on stupid fouls.

I still believe he can be a 20 and 5 guy (our points never get many assists) but the guy has shown he can score its just consistency is his problem.... I always use Steve Nash as my hope.... look how mediocre/below average his first 5 seasons were and look where he is now. They are actually very comparable.

kb24ap28
06-21-2009, 12:18 PM
adam morrison

JJ81
06-21-2009, 12:18 PM
I still believe in Ricky Rubio, Gilbert Arenas, Andrew Bynum, Jordan Farmar.

Mane
06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
I believe in Gilbert 100%

Hellcrooner
06-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I still believe in Adam Morrison

Now he willget to really knoe the systemin TC and i think he can be a MUCH better player than Luke Walton is andbecome of 7th man behind Odom being the sixth.

Hellcrooner
06-21-2009, 12:46 PM
how can anybody still believe in Rubio? he has not stepped into the court yet ...

Westbrook36
06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Allen Iverson..

In all honesty he hasnt lost anything. He was hurt last year and that effected his game and being with a new pick and roll offense didnt help either. Not only that but at times he had to come off the bench, something he has NEVER done.

Elton Brand

He was hurt last year and I don't see a reason why he can't come back and be productive after being with the team for a year and learning the system or style of play.

Baron Davis

I see him much improved after a terrible year shooting. He will have more drive for a championship/playoffs with studs like Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, and Al Thornton all getting better. Not only that but they have two great players off the bench in Randolph and Kaman. Depending on who starts a lineup of:

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Al Thornton
Blake Griffin/Zach Randolph
Marcus Camby

Is nasty. They should look to trade Kaman for a backup PG/SF who is good.

KB24PG16
06-21-2009, 12:57 PM
i still believe in.... santa claus

king4day
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Oden and Bynum.
Oden has a couple more seasons before we can consider him a bust.
Bynum, with all the injuries, still has a shot at becoming the guy that can lead a Lakers dynasty.

blazerman
06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
I believe you mean 3 years.... Bynum and Oden are the same age

This was Oden's 1st yr in the League and Bynum's 4th or 5th. Actually I like Bynum and I did think his couple week break out earlier in the season was a sign of things to come for LA, Oden has some stuff to work on but when I hear people say he's a bust after one yr(I can see why but) is premature.

The guy is so young and doesnt have nearly the NBA experience that Bynum does. If Oden doesnt get 14 pts and 9rebs and 2blks next yr then I will suck it up when I read negative comments but as of now I'll defend him.

14 and 9 and 2 next yr should be more than enough to show he's not a bust and he's improved(what do you think).Good stats considering the scoring options the Blazers have and the frontcourt players that can rebound like Pryzbilla and Aldridge(Blazers were the #1 rebounding team).

I will be happy with those numbers next yr anything less and I too will get concerned but I fully believe he will get those numbers as long as he controls his fouls.

azkarraga
06-21-2009, 03:10 PM
what about kg? he'll be back?

ko8e24
06-21-2009, 03:19 PM
I do believe in gilbert arenas, but also (all jokes aside), i actually believe that allen iverson will be back! And I really do think that he can be a major contributor to a championship team.

mikantsass
06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Baron Davis hopefully will be inspired by Griffin coming to town.

Arenas should be healthy and back to form. Same with Manu.

Michael Redd and Amare- 2 more coming off season ending injuries.

Anyone think Marbury can get back to form???? Not just with the Celtics, but with anyone

J-Relo
06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
i still believe in.... santa claus

who doesn't? :eyebrow:

_KB24_
06-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I'll believe in Iverson if he starts believing in himself...can't believe if you give up on your own team.

Beno7500
06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Oden is a joke. i still believe in Douby somewhere...

E.O.21
06-21-2009, 05:21 PM
I still believe in tmac

td0tsfinest
06-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Oden is a joke. i still believe in Douby somewhere...

he's with us :p

J_M_B
06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Oden and T-Mac

b_rad23
06-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Dorell Wright for me.

Ironman5219
06-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Boozer; give him a year with no injuries and he will be in the allstar game again. JAZZ KEEP HIM!!!

GCOOKIE7
06-21-2009, 09:23 PM

People should give him some time... I don't want to bash on Bynum coz him and Ariza are my favorite Lakers but he is been in the league for a couple of years now... If you guys are willing to cut him some slack, give Oden the same treatment... He's been playing in the league for only a year and because of his nag of getting a lot of fouls, he has only played for limited mins... That being said, he was still able to put up decent (not great) numbers...

I used to like Vujacic... Not anymore... He fell in love with his three and nowadays, that is the only thing that he does... He is doing a terrible job at it I might add...

Bargnani can tell Oden a thing or two about confidence loss.

td0tsfinest
06-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Dorell Wright for me.

he's interesting case. He's been in the game for 5 seasons but like many high school players he could explode and be a decent player or nothing could happen.

He's one of these guys who could have been better if he went college.

ragee
06-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Bargnani can tell Oden a thing or two about confidence loss.

True... I liked that guy at first because I am a big fan of Dirk... After a while, I started to lose faith and thought Dirk is one of a kind and not a player with the same kind of game will be able to be as good as him... Bargnani proved me wrong this past season...

Kobedidit2009
06-22-2009, 03:18 AM
kwame brown and i dont care what anyone says i seen such flashes out of him as a laker when he became aggressive and when he wasnt discouraged....one day hes going to shut everyone up that kid is young and has a basketball body to succeed he will catch the ball one day and when he does and has a good teacher he will wreck havoc at the power forward or center spot...he needs to get his braids back and get angry! rasheed should of beat him all year! put some anger in him!

azkarraga
06-22-2009, 03:22 AM
i believe in what i see.

GspLAL
06-22-2009, 03:24 AM
kwame brown and i dont care what anyone says i seen such flashes out of him as a laker when he became aggressive and when he wasnt discouraged....one day hes going to shut everyone up that kid is young and has a basketball body to succeed he will catch the ball one day and when he does and has a good teacher he will wreck havoc at the power forward or center spot...he needs to get his braids back and get angry! rasheed should of beat him all year! put some anger in him!

Kwame won't be a good player because he has small hands.

Beltrans Mole
06-22-2009, 03:47 AM
i believe in harvey dent....and danillo galinari

Kobedidit2009
06-22-2009, 03:57 AM
Kwame won't be a good player because he has small hands.

if he keeps his back to the basket and posts he will be fine he has the strength and skill level to do so...he may take more time even though he has been given like 8 years but if at 30 he can even develop he canmake someone very happy...late bloomer im tellin you kobe doesnt even have big hands and i know were talkin about bigs but kwame does have potential 6 pts and 6 reb at small amounts of minutes in la and wash if he could develop alittle more that could be a 12 pts 8 reb guy which is solid dont trash kwame =D

IndyRealist
06-22-2009, 08:31 AM
if he keeps his back to the basket and posts he will be fine he has the strength and skill level to do so...he may take more time even though he has been given like 8 years but if at 30 he can even develop he canmake someone very happy...late bloomer im tellin you kobe doesnt even have big hands and i know were talkin about bigs but kwame does have potential 6 pts and 6 reb at small amounts of minutes in la and wash if he could develop alittle more that could be a 12 pts 8 reb guy which is solid dont trash kwame =D

I know people don't like to admit that something out of their control could stop them, but Kwame has very small hands for a big. On a guard it's not as big of a deal, but for a post player palming the ball is a must. Otherwise you have to keep two hands on the ball at all times which severely limits your post moves. Bigs are already prone to being stripped by guards, and with two hands on the ball Brown is forced to bring the ball below his waist on turnarounds instead of holding it out of the reach of his defender with one hand. He is unable to clear out defenders with his free arm, because his arm isn't free (yeah it's illegal, but everyone still does it to some extent). Kwame would be much better served by realizing his limitations and developing an outside jumper.

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I still believe in Greg Oden. Kevin Durant would have been the better pick, but Oden will be a solid center. He played about 75% of his rookie season. His biggest problem is foul trouble. When he's on the court, he produces. He just needs to learn how to stay on the court longer. As he plays more, he'll get into better shape. His offensive game is about as raw as it will ever be, but he still makes 54 percent of his field goals. More time on the court will help his scoring ability too.
He just needs more experience, and a better trainer. Dwight Howard has Patrick Ewing. Andrew Bynum has Kareem Abdul Jabar. Portland needs to hire Bill Russell or sign Shaquille O'Neal to train Oden.

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2009, 03:36 PM
True... I liked that guy at first because I am a big fan of Dirk... After a while, I started to lose faith and thought Dirk is one of a kind and not a player with the same kind of game will be able to be as good as him... Bargnani proved me wrong this past season...

Bargnani's problem is being played as a center. He isn't tough enough to be a center, and needs to be playing at power forward. Then we will get a chance to see him play like Dirk. Either Toronto needs to trade Chris Bosh, or they need to trade Bargnani to a team that needs a power forward.

SunsFanIam
06-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Amare Stoudamire. Despite his crying and throwing a fit i think he will come back next season and turn some heads again.

GCOOKIE7
06-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I know people don't like to admit that something out of their control could stop them, but Kwame has very small hands for a big. On a guard it's not as big of a deal, but for a post player palming the ball is a must. Otherwise you have to keep two hands on the ball at all times which severely limits your post moves. Bigs are already prone to being stripped by guards, and with two hands on the ball Brown is forced to bring the ball below his waist on turnarounds instead of holding it out of the reach of his defender with one hand. He is unable to clear out defenders with his free arm, because his arm isn't free (yeah it's illegal, but everyone still does it to some extent). Kwame would be much better served by realizing his limitations and developing an outside jumper.

Small hands... you know what that means

Brooklyn Mets
06-23-2009, 10:51 AM
b. diddy will be back strong

NYsportsGuru
06-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I still believe in Gilbert Arenas, and I have my fingers crossed with T-Mac.
I'm hoping both can return to the league as soon as they're ready & can make an impact on what ever team they go to.

INeedMyJays
06-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Want Oden to succeed. Watched him since his Ohio State Buckeye days..But i think Davis got the best shot.

Evolution=FACT
06-23-2009, 02:41 PM
baron davis

GCOOKIE7
06-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Want Oden to succeed. Watched him since his Ohio State Buckeye days..But i think Davis got the best shot.

Lol you make it seem like it was a decade ago

Cassidy28
06-24-2009, 09:08 PM

Haha what 3 years ago?

GCOOKIE7
06-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Haha what 3 years ago?

I remember those days. You could fill a tank with 3 cents

S-Dot
06-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Gil or Baron

KnickaBockas
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Timmy D
B-diddy